Let's have another detailed look at BF4 (X1 vs PS4)

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

Yes, XBOX ONE did win with BF4. Stop cherry picking screenshots.

"Microsoft won't institute DRM!!"

"Sony will do it too!!"

"The Xbone has a secret dGPU!!"

"The upscaler makes games look better on the Xbone sometimes!!"

"BF4 on the Xbone is the better version!!"

The extent to which lem scum lie to themselves to make their blunder of the century console palatable is just shocking. They really are the scum of the earth.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#52 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Didn't all the professional analysts all show and say that the PS4 version looks better while running over 10fps higher in a lot of areas? I really thought that happened. I guess this guy posting youtube videos knows more than the professionals. Why are ms fans so stuck on whether BF4 looks better? Enjoy the game on your console of choice and get over it already. I know Sony fans do it too, but when all the pros say one thing and you blindly say the opposite because you really want it to be true to the point you believe your own delusions is just wild to me. We should never use youtube as a comparison to begin with. Let's go to DF or LoT and see what they say about the games since they have the proper equipment to analyze the games and are better judges than the typical fanboy.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Xbox One's crushed blacks and sharpening makes me want to puke. It looks so bad. PS4 version looks blatantly best.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows so mad the X1 version has more detail. Refuse to even acknowledge it. Sad really.

Yeah, look at how detailed those jaggies and deep black textures are.

Xbox won. I guess.

Cows will never get over this. It will always be remembered as the case where the supposedly more "powerful" console got a worse version of a AAA multiplat shooter.

Don't worry Cows, you can expect more of the same in the future. Some XBOX ONE multiplats will look better, some PS4 multiplats will look better. That's just how the gaming industry is. Get used to it and stop whining every time an XBOX ONE multiplat looks better.

Uh didn't Digital Foundry find that BF4 looked better on PS4?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@lostrib: Yea DF said the PS4 version was clearly better. The lems in this thread are in serious denial. It's so sad and hilarious at the same time to watch.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Paying more for worse multiplats, lying and making excuses for it. The skullduggery was amusing last gen and it's amusing now.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

I am suprised that this is still an argument

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

What's funny is the way lems think the awful colour correction on the X1 version makes it better. Besides you can achieve the same effect with your TV settings and a PS4, why you'd want to do that though i don't know.

Not only can you have the screwed up colour should you please but you gain the benefit of stuff you can't get on the X1 version like the higher resolution and framerate.

Why this is up for argument when every publication has the PS4 version as the superior one hands down i don't know.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Why is it only hardcore Lems argue it looks better when every review site and digital foundry said PS4's version looks and runs better...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I thought the XB1 version got upgraded to 900P after the patch, but DF refused to do another comparison and verify the changes. lol!! Look at all the Cows panicing already. Hilarious. "Oh no.. oh no.. it's only 720P. It can't be as good as the PS4 version." LMAO!!"

NFS Rivals is 1080P native on XB1 - http://n4g.com/news/1395456/behold-need-for-speed-rivals-in-glorious-1080p-xbox-one

Tomb Raider: Definite Edition 1080P Native on XB1 - http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-xbox-one-runs-at-native-1080p/

Kinect Sports Rivals is 1080P native on XB1 - http://www.oxm.co.uk/65535/kinect-sports-rivals-runs-at-1080p-resolution-is-important-but-not-the-whole-story-says-rare/

I see a trend. LOL!! Cow: But.. but.. XB1 can ONLY DO 720P & 900P native at 60fps. LMAO!!

Infinity Ward's reassurance that native 1080p is "very possible" on Xbox One

"Mark Rubin says, "I've seen CoD: Ghost running at 1080p native on XB1."

Stupid Cows. Farewell and ado....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekaKL218q_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Blackace is losing it, listing Kinect Sports Rivals as a reason the X1 can do 1080p lol

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL

@blackace: then why is call of duty 720p and the ps4 version is not?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blackace

@hoosier7 said:

Blackace is losing it, listing Kinect Sports Rivals as a reason the X1 can do 1080p lol

You obviously didn't read the whole post. CoD was running at 1080P as well. Plus all the other games I've listed that you ignored. lmao!! Stupid cows.

***************************************************************************************

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@blackace: then why is call of duty 720p and the ps4 version is not?

Did you even go to the link for CoD? That answer was in there. There are two reasons why CoD: Ghost was at 720P

1. The devs were still using the older XB1 Dev kits and didn't have time to recode the game to take advantage of the new O/S and graphical tools.

2. Mark Rubin said they did not have enough time to get the FPS to where they wanted it to be with the game at 1080P native. They probably would have needed another month or two to have it running at 1080P at an acceptable FPS rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

You obviously didn't read the whole post. CoD was running at 1080P as well. Plus all the other games I've listed that you ignored. lmao!! Stupid cows.

***************************************************************************************

Oh i read the rest of the drivel but ok i'll bite.

Point is if there's such a plethora of 1080p titles on X1 then why would you have to list Sports Rivals? If we're going to pick up dross looking titles then i can happily argue the PS3 is every bit as capable as it could run an arguably better title in 1080p at it's launch.

And lol, all the other games, there's two (one of which isn't even released, look at Ryse, CoD, etc... all promised the same so don't go counting chickens) and a CoD guy trying to damage control what has been an awful CoD launch.

---

You've also ignored it's not just resolution on BF4 cows are loling at, it's that even at 720p the X1 can't match the PS4's framerate which is roundly pathetic.

"Oh no.. oh no.. it's only 720P. It can't be as good as the PS4 version." LMAO!!" - Please point to how increased res isn't an improvement over the X1 version? Less noticeable jaggies, sharper picture which is really important in such large maps in multiplayer. That's before we even mention framerate.

The main argument that even the most hardcore of cows know is it's not about 1080p, it's the disparity between versions, it's not just that X1 is dropping resolution compared to the PS4 versions of games but also framerate but hey you can ignore that all day i spose.

---

The only thing you've proved with your CoD link is it's more difficult to hit 1080p, 60fps on X1, Sony update and optimize their dev kits just the same. If X1 is such trouble you're only going to see more inferior multiplats, no one is going to dedicate extra time and money especially to the lesser selling console. But hey lets celebrate, X1 can do 1080p! You're just going to have to hope the devs are happy spending extra money to get the X1 version near to the PS4 and even then you'd better have your fingers crossed for the framerate!

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Love the way this fool talks about his professionally calibrated plasma.....joke. Bf4 looks waaaaay better on my pta8000, projecting at 120" at 900p than the xflop720p..... Deal with it. BTW I calibrated it mysel because I would not trust a "professional" to do it right.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 stereointegrity

@blackace said:

I thought the XB1 version got upgraded to 900P after the patch, but DF refused to do another comparison and verify the changes. lol!! Look at all the Cows panicing already. Hilarious. "Oh no.. oh no.. it's only 720P. It can't be as good as the PS4 version." LMAO!!"

NFS Rivals is 1080P native on XB1 - http://n4g.com/news/1395456/behold-need-for-speed-rivals-in-glorious-1080p-xbox-one

Tomb Raider: Definite Edition 1080P Native on XB1 - http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-xbox-one-runs-at-native-1080p/

Kinect Sports Rivals is 1080P native on XB1 - http://www.oxm.co.uk/65535/kinect-sports-rivals-runs-at-1080p-resolution-is-important-but-not-the-whole-story-says-rare/

I see a trend. LOL!! Cow: But.. but.. XB1 can ONLY DO 720P & 900P native at 60fps. LMAO!!

Stupid Cows. Farewell and ado....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekaKL218q_s

And yet dead rising and ki and bf4 and cod ghosts and ac4 do not run at anything higher then 900p

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

why would anyone want an xbox just get a pc lol 500$ for a console that runs most of its games in 720p

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL

@blackace: Ok? Why is not 1080p now? Ps4 got an update that increased resolution. Xbo is just a weaker, less capable system than the Ps4. You have to learn to deal with it. These machines don't have a soul you know.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 blackace

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

Oh i read the rest of the drivel but ok i'll bite.

Point is if there's such a plethora of 1080p titles on X1 then why would you have to list Sports Rivals? If we're going to pick up dross looking titles then i can happily argue the PS3 is every bit as capable as it could run an arguably better title in 1080p at it's launch.

And lol, all the other games, there's two (one of which isn't even released, look at Ryse, CoD, etc... all promised the same so don't go counting chickens) and a CoD guy trying to damage control what has been an awful CoD launch.

---

You've also ignored it's not just resolution on BF4 cows are loling at, it's that even at 720p the X1 can't match the PS4's framerate which is roundly pathetic.

"Oh no.. oh no.. it's only 720P. It can't be as good as the PS4 version." LMAO!!" - Please point to how increased res isn't an improvement over the X1 version? Less noticeable jaggies, sharper picture which is really important in such large maps in multiplayer. That's before we even mention framerate.

The main argument that even the most hardcore of cows know is it's not about 1080p, it's the disparity between versions, it's not just that X1 is dropping resolution compared to the PS4 versions of games but also framerate but hey you can ignore that all day i spose.

---

The only thing you've proved with your CoD link is it's more difficult to hit 1080p, 60fps on X1, Sony update and optimize their dev kits just the same. If X1 is such trouble you're only going to see more inferior multiplats, no one is going to dedicate extra time and money especially to the lesser selling console. But hey lets celebrate, X1 can do 1080p! You're just going to have to hope the devs are happy spending extra money to get the X1 version near to the PS4 and even then you'd better have your fingers crossed for the framerate!

I didn't even read all the damage control BS. Stop your whining. Everyone knows the XB1 can do games at 1080p 60FPS. Mark Rubin is one of the lead developer for CoD: Ghost. If he says the game can run at 1080P native, I'd believe him over idiotic cows who have no clue how to develope a game on the XB1. You keep mentioning framerates when there are games running 1080P at 60fps on the XB1. As I said before, they were using older DevKits. The PS4 has many framerate issues as well. KNACK couldn't even keep a steady 30fps. It actually dropped to 14fps and there wasn't even much happening on the screen. LOL!! This games was made by Mark Cerny, the man who DESIGNED THE PS4. If he can't get a simple game like KNACK to run at a steady 60 FPS on the PS4, we know there are problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6tbzGALhY

It will obviously become easier and easier for devs to make XB1 games once they get used to the architecture. I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more 1080P games announced, especially at the E3. You're just butthurt because you know this will be another repear of last gen when cows believe the PS3 was the most powerful game console in the world. LMAO!! Sony has you cows brainwashed. It's hilarious.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 blackace

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@blackace: Ok? Why is not 1080p now? Ps4 got an update that increased resolution. Xbo is just a weaker, less capable system than the Ps4. You have to learn to deal with it. These machines don't have a soul you know.

You have to learn how to read. Obviously you didn't read all my post either. LOL!! Learn to read.

In any case, expect more XB1 games to be announced as 1080P native in the near future.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By stereointegrity

@blackace said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

You have to learn how to read. Obviously you didn't read all my post either. LOL!! Learn to read.

In any case, expect more XB1 games to be announced as 1080P native in the near future.

i dont expect it unless its a not very demanding multiplat like a need for speed or madden or any sports game....

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Ps4 is the best multi platform (and exclusives) console. Everyone knows this and it's not anything new /thread

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

i dont expect it unless its a not very demanding multiplat like a need for speed or madden or any sports game....

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

All professional reviewers have said the PS4 version is superior to the Xbone version.

Chalk it up to the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Dat' battle for second place.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 stereointegrity

@ronvalencia said:

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Again not a demanding game.... Ran it on a 560gt at 80fps

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

How many games does the X1 just make things darker and harder to see to try and make detail look higher? I absolutely HATE when games do that... This is an honest question... even in the comparison pics that change back and forth I like the PS4 version better. The X1 is unnaturally dark in places and has to much glare. Other than that they look pretty similar.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By blackace

@Heil68 said:

All professional reviewers have said the PS4 version is superior to the Xbone version.

Chalk it up to the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

Yeah and that's why the scores for just about all the multiplats are the same for both versions. Sigh.....Whatever superiority it has, it's not enough to get a higher score then the XB1 version apparently.

@stereointegrity said:

@ronvalencia said:

The point still stands. 1080P native. All cows do is damage control because they have no real rebuttal. The fact that CoD: Ghost can run in 1080p proves demanding game will be able to as well.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@enviouseyezonme said:

Thanks for posting that pic....I'll take the upscaled version. Whatever MS is doing to "trick" us...I prefer it. Just like when I played the whole AC series on X360 but my ex gf made a mistake and bought me AC3 for PS3...I noticed the washed out, lack of detail instanttly.

And I have a new 65" Panasonic ZT60 plasma, professionally calibrated, so no, I will not be messing with any settings.

You just got done saying how you prefer more detail. He shows you how you are actually missing detail with MS hardware. You turn around and say you prefer the image with LESS detail. Fucking bravo.

Avatar image for k1ngd0m4g3rul3z
K1ngd0m4g3rul3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 K1ngd0m4g3rul3z
Member since 2013 • 179 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@ronvalencia said:

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Not maxed out it don't, I barely get 60fps with TressFX OFF on a 7950 OCed

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#81  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I've a real close side by side with the PS4, XO, and PC. The PS4 looks pretty close to PC while the Xbox one lacks some shaders and has lots of jaggies.

All the proof you need. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

PS4 is ahead of the game.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

Thanks for posting that pic....I'll take the upscaled version. Whatever MS is doing to "trick" us...I prefer it. Just like when I played the whole AC series on X360 but my ex gf made a mistake and bought me AC3 for PS3...I noticed the washed out, lack of detail instanttly.

And I have a new 65" Panasonic ZT60 plasma, professionally calibrated, so no, I will not be messing with any settings.

You just got done saying how you prefer more detail. He shows you how you are actually missing detail with MS hardware. You turn around and say you prefer the image with LESS detail. Fucking bravo.

No, I said I prefer whatever way MS is scaling the games. Whether I'm losing something in the process, I'm not noticing it. I saw this last gen with multi-plats between the X360 & PS3. Every site that did comparisons showed PS3's washed out colors and lack of little details. Then I saw it first hand myself when playing AC3 on my PS3. I prefer the vibrancy and "pop" the Xbox systems provide. My settings on my TV are the same across the board, unless I'm playing a fast paced game, then I switch to GAME MODE (also calibrated). So if I'm playing my X360, PS3 & X1...they're all the same settings.

I believe there were shots & video going around of AC4 on the X1(900p) vs PS4(1080p) and I saw it once again. Whether it's an over sharpener or contrast etc....I just prefer it. The trees, leaves, detail on clothing stand out more. Then I bought AC4 for the X1 and said WoW when I saw it on my TV.

Different strokes for different folks people. *shrug*

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 blackace

@Gaming-Planet said:

I've a real close side by side with the PS4, XO, and PC. The PS4 looks pretty close to PC while the Xbox one lacks some shaders and has lots of jaggies.

All the proof you need. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

That's old and DF never redid the comparison after the XB1 was patched. DF comparison is irrelevant now since the XB1 version was changed. The current videos prove otherwise. Even the scores don't favor the PS4 version.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

blackace is writing paragraphed essay replies to damage control for running BF and COD at 720p on Xbone lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

Yeah and that's why the scores for just about all the multiplats are the same for both versions. Sigh.....Whatever superiority it has, it's not enough to get a higher score then the XB1 version apparently.

Yeah, and you said the same thing last gen along with lems about 360 vs PS3, am I rite? lol!!

I guess this gen these "differences" should be dismissed..lmao!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:

I didn't even read all the damage control BS. Stop your whining. Everyone knows the XB1 can do games at 1080p 60FPS. Mark Rubin is one of the lead developer for CoD: Ghost. If he says the game can run at 1080P native, I'd believe him over idiotic cows who have no clue how to develope a game on the XB1. You keep mentioning framerates when there are games running 1080P at 60fps on the XB1. As I said before, they were using older DevKits. The PS4 has many framerate issues as well. KNACK couldn't even keep a steady 30fps. It actually dropped to 14fps and there wasn't even much happening on the screen. LOL!! This games was made by Mark Cerny, the man who DESIGNED THE PS4. If he can't get a simple game like KNACK to run at a steady 60 FPS on the PS4, we know there are problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6tbzGALhY

It will obviously become easier and easier for devs to make XB1 games once they get used to the architecture. I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more 1080P games announced, especially at the E3. You're just butthurt because you know this will be another repear of last gen when cows believe the PS3 was the most powerful game console in the world. LMAO!! Sony has you cows brainwashed. It's hilarious.

To start i'm just going to point out the stuff you ignored again:

"Oh no.. oh no.. it's only 720P. It can't be as good as the PS4 version." LMAO!!" - Please point to how increased res isn't an improvement over the X1 version?

"The main argument that even the most hardcore of cows know is it's not about 1080p, it's the disparity between versions, it's not just that X1 is dropping resolution compared to the PS4 versions of games but also framerate but hey you can ignore that all day i spose."

You missed that and then proceeded to continue to ramble on about X1 getting games in 1080p.

****** Don't ignore this bit else you'll keep going round in circles! ******

For the final time, i've never argued that 1080p isn't possible on X1. It's just less frequent on X1 and there are both resolution and framerate drops in X1 versions of multiplats and that may well stay the same in many intensive multiplats titles in the future.

The X1 getting more 1080p titles is nice, but when it comes to anything intensive the PS4 is already showing better performance and there'll only be more cases of superior PS4 titles graphically.

I'm not sure you read the CoD article properly:

- He refers to "it", can't be sure if that means the console running another title or CoD. For all we know he's seen Lococyle running on the X1 in 1080p.

- If it is CoD he's talking about, he even states they couldn't get 1080p and 60fps. They would have patched 1080p in like other titles have as that article is fairly old now if they had it running like the PS4 game is.

- The article only reinforces my point that the PS4 is pushing out superior multiplats, "We tried to make the best decision for each platform that gives you the best-looking game we could get and maintains that 60 frames a second."

- This stuff about old dev kits isn't mentioned but also applies to the PS4 anyway, Sony are pushing out new dev kits just the same with improvements added frequently and OS resources reduced just as the X1 does.

---

1) Knack was a low budget kids title, X1 has been having issues with AAA budget games with massive teams compared to Knack. That's like me saying Kinect Sports Rivals or Lococycle shows the X1 has problems. Problems with DR3's framerate (15fps) and res and Ryse not hitting 1080p whilst having performance that can be "rather patchy" (26fps) according to DF despite being an entirely linear almost corridor based game is a waaaay greater issue. Meanwhile the PS4 is pushing BF4 at the same res with double the framerate and Killzone doing the same, both of which are more open games.

2) Cerny didn't even "make" Knack, he was director or something like that so had nothing to do with coding or programming, only game design, story and such so that point is redundant. He's not an indie dev lol.

3) How many 1080p, 60fps titles? You claim many but off the top of my head it's pretty slim pickings compared to the PS4, Forza and ..... ?

4) How is this in any way a repeat of last gen? If anything it's flipped the other way round with people overestimating the X1, worse multiplats, struggling with more open world titles, lower resolutions and framerates (with the gaps being in res and fps than last gen i might add). This time it's not even like the X1 has untapped power over the PS4 like the PS3 did with the 360. This time the PS4 has the stronger GPU, unified (and faster) RAM, there's a pretty much equal (depends on the task i believe) CPU and simple architecture that even offers more potential in GPU compute.

5) Please point out the brainwashing? What is so unreasonable?

I'm going to spell it out here. The PS4 is topping the X1 in multiplats in both res and fps despite it's greater cost, the X1 might be able to hit 1080p, but it's less frequent on X1 than PS4. How is that anything but fact? You've still ignored this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

That's old and DF never redid the comparison after the XB1 was patched. DF comparison is irrelevant now since the XB1 version was changed. The current videos prove otherwise. Even the scores don't favor the PS4 version.

Scores are a useless indicator unless you can find a site that's reviewed both copies and given a difference in score based on their graphical differences? If you're referring to MC scores then that's very flawed due to exclusive sites only reviewing one copy bumping or lowering one sides scores.

Got the new video to link? If it's the one in the OP it's useless as it mistakes detail on the X1 for darkened contrast. Check Neogaf if you want to see, there were a few photos of the PS4 version with it's colour changed as you could on a TV which gives the same effect. You can also mess with a couple of PS4 setting that over-ride the PS4 selecting what's best for your TV that can give you a similar effect. This is easily done if that's your preference.

Anyway None of this changes the fact that the PS4 offers the higher resolution that gives fewer jaggies and much clearer distant objects plus the better framerate.

There's no excuse for ignorance. If you like this kind of contrast you can have your preference on the PS4 and also gain the benefits of the objectively better version such as resolution and framerate. Just tweak your TV or PS4 settings.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@enviouseyezonme said:

@Chutebox said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

No, I said I prefer whatever way MS is scaling the games. Whether I'm losing something in the process, I'm not noticing it. I saw this last gen with multi-plats between the X360 & PS3. Every site that did comparisons showed PS3's washed out colors and lack of little details. Then I saw it first hand myself when playing AC3 on my PS3. I prefer the vibrancy and "pop" the Xbox systems provide. My settings on my TV are the same across the board, unless I'm playing a fast paced game, then I switch to GAME MODE (also calibrated). So if I'm playing my X360, PS3 & X1...they're all the same settings.

I believe there were shots & video going around of AC4 on the X1(900p) vs PS4(1080p) and I saw it once again. Whether it's an over sharpener or contrast etc....I just prefer it. The trees, leaves, detail on clothing stand out more. Then I bought AC4 for the X1 and said WoW when I saw it on my TV.

Different strokes for different folks people. *shrug*

No, you said you prefer 720p upscaled with more detail.

"Point being is that, like this guy, I would rather have 720p upscaled to 1080p with more detail."

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@lostrib said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows so mad the X1 version has more detail. Refuse to even acknowledge it. Sad really.

Yeah, look at how detailed those jaggies and deep black textures are.

Xbox won. I guess.

Cows will never get over this. It will always be remembered as the case where the supposedly more "powerful" console got a worse version of a AAA multiplat shooter.

Don't worry Cows, you can expect more of the same in the future. Some XBOX ONE multiplats will look better, some PS4 multiplats will look better. That's just how the gaming industry is. Get used to it and stop whining every time an XBOX ONE multiplat looks better.

Uh didn't Digital Foundry find that BF4 looked better on PS4?

They did, though they said they fucked up their capturing and apologised for it. PS4 looks nowhere near as washed out as it does.

To clarify: THE XBONE VERSION STILL LOOKS WORSE THAN IMPROPERLY CAPTURED PS4 FOOTAGE

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
@I_can_haz said:

blackace is writing paragraphed essay replies to damage control for running BF and COD at 720p on Xbone lol.

Blackace is even more wrong because BF4 on Xbone was always 900p. That was never patched in. Meanwhile Ubisoft did that for AC4 on the Quad and the PS4 version destroys the Xbone. Xbone version looks more like Wii U!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts

Lems really need to give up on these delusions about the Xbone's graphical capabilities. The PS4 has a superior GPU, faster CPU, faster RAM and is more dev friendly, there is no possible reason for multiplats to look better on the Xbone. The absolute best you can hope for is devs forcing parity between versions.

BF4 has objectively better graphics on PS4, there is no debate. You may subjectively prefer objectively worse graphics but that's a separate issue. If you're primarily a PC gamer, preferring worse graphics is great, you can save yourself some money on hardware if you like the way games look running on medium settings over how they look on high settings. The trouble for console gamers is that you have to spend an extra $100 for the privilege of playing the same games with worse graphics.

By all means go for the Xbone over the PS4 if you prefer the consoles features and exclusives, but pretending it's as graphically capable as the PS4 is just embarrassing at this point.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Oh gawd not this shit again. I swear you console kids are the ones that talk about "graphics" the most. If you're so concerned about visual superiority, stop wasting your time and just get a PC already.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

Didn't all the professional analysts all show and say that the PS4 version looks better while running over 10fps higher in a lot of areas? I really thought that happened. I guess this guy posting youtube videos knows more than the professionals. Why are ms fans so stuck on whether BF4 looks better? Enjoy the game on your console of choice and get over it already. I know Sony fans do it too, but when all the pros say one thing and you blindly say the opposite because you really want it to be true to the point you believe your own delusions is just wild to me. We should never use youtube as a comparison to begin with. Let's go to DF or LoT and see what they say about the games since they have the proper equipment to analyze the games and are better judges than the typical fanboy.

Trying to make themselves feel better about that $500 they spent on a technically infeirior system.

It's a sad sight to see, these fanboys know better than anyone what they were walking into with the xbone but they jumped in anyway because they are fanboys, now they can't accept the reality of the system they have they know they paid more for less.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

@stereointegrity said:

@ronvalencia said:

The point still stands. 1080P native. All cows do is damage control because they have no real rebuttal. The fact that CoD: Ghost can run in 1080p proves demanding game will be able to as well.

...But the scores are the same for the PC and last generation versions as well, are you arguing that last gen versions are at the same level too then? If so cool

:D Hay look blackace the 360 version scored the same as PC which can factually be 10x more powerful, lol @ PC not being able to get a higher score. That must mean they proform at the same level right? No need for a $500 xbone for these games you should get your money back and just stick with the 360 since it seems to be all you need to get the same results as PC,PS4 and xboxe :P.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ronvalencia

@k1ngd0m4g3rul3z said:

@stereointegrity said:

@ronvalencia said:

@stereointegrity said:

@blackace said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Not maxed out it don't, I barely get 60fps with TressFX OFF on a 7950 OCed

AMD has TressFX 2.0 which is more efficient than TressFX 1.x.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ronvalencia

@I_can_haz said:

Need For Speed Rivals targeted 1080p/30 fps. If the target was 60 fps, rendering resolution would be lower.

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

got this game for free with my shiny new radeon 270x and it runs good at highest settings with 1200p......

lol in many other threads resolution does not matter apparently, yet this one has wha my console has more res wha yet pc destroys them all for res but then res does not matter again.....

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

What difference does it really make?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts