Let's have another detailed look at BF4 (X1 vs PS4)

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

25mins worth of PS4 showing it's "superiority " over the X1 *sarcasm*

Click the link. Shows in the preview but not when I post. I miss the old GS.

http://youtu.be/AWJZzJH5Egk

embedded vids not working?

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

This guy uses a mac. That should tell you he isn't the most technologically adept person. All professional reviewers have said the PS4 version is superior to the Xbone version.

PS4 version is superior. Get over it.

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EnviousEyezOnMe

Listen, if you're going to respond, watch the whole video and don't knock someone for their preferences. You just attacked a guy for owning a MAC. Really?

As far as his findings, people were saying the same things about the X360 vs PS3 comparisons last gen. Go look around at the old Assassin's Creed comparison videos from a few years ago and you will see there is always more detail in the Xbox versions.

Point being is that, like this guy, I would rather have 720p upscaled to 1080p with more detail.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Another lem in denial the ps4 has superior multiplats. Seriously its all over the web its not a secret, let's be real here. In regards to the video, go to 17:10. Congrats the xbone has higher contrast lol

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@enviouseyezonme said:

Listen, if you're going to respond, watch the whole video and don't knock someone for their preferences. You just attacked a guy for owning a MAC. Really?

As far as his findings, people were saying the same things about the X360 vs PS3 comparisons last gen. Go look around at the old Assassin's Creed comparison videos from a few years ago and you will see there is always more detail in the Xbox versions.

Point being is that, like this guy, I would rather have 720p upscaled to 1080p with more detail.

Xbone does not have more detail. The upscaler on the Xbone automatically crushes blacks and gives off unnatural sharpness in order to give the illusion of having more detail.

You can get the same effect on the PS4 version by going to your TV settings and screwing with the contrast and sharpness options. It's a trick by Microsoft to fool technically incompetent people like you.

With the upscaler:

Without the upscaler:

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

There is no denying and no debate over which console version of BF4 looks the best.

That people keep trying to rehash this conversation to take position on a losing argument is beyond me, quite frankly. Every technical analysis has spoken. Those who've experienced both side by side have spoken. The PC version looks the best, the PS4 looks better than the One, which looks better than the 360/PS3 versions. It's past time to let it go.

I'm almost inclined to believe you're an undercover Cow pretending you believe there's parity to drudge up arguments and salt in an effort to feel good about yourself. Stop.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Who cares!! they need to fix the game!

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe

Thanks for posting that pic....I'll take the upscaled version. Whatever MS is doing to "trick" us...I prefer it. Just like when I played the whole AC series on X360 but my ex gf made a mistake and bought me AC3 for PS3...I noticed the washed out, lack of detail instanttly.

And I have a new 65" Panasonic ZT60 plasma, professionally calibrated, so no, I will not be messing with any settings.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Can we not and say we did?

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@enviouseyezonme said:

Thanks for posting that pic....I'll take the upscaled version. Whatever MS is doing to "trick" us...I prefer it. Just like when I played the whole AC series on X360 but my ex gf made a mistake and bought me AC3 for PS3...I noticed the washed out, lack of detail instantly.

And I have a new 65" Panasonic ZT60 professionally calibrated so no, I will not be messing with any settings.

lmfao... It's not "washed-out", dumbass. That's how the game is actually supposed to look. The top image is the "unnatural" version. Compare the roof in those 2 pics. You can clearly note the detail in the bottom pic, but you can hardly note anything in the top pic. It's pitch black for the most part.

Secondly, I just said you can do the same thing on the PS4. Just go to your TV settings and change the picture quality to vivid mode. It'll do the same exact thing, except now, you'll have both unnatural colors AND higher resolution. The PS4 still wins.

Finally, with a TV size that big, the PS4 version will clearly look better than the Xbone version whether you're playing with natural or unnatural colors.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

ps4 version is superior.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

PS4 version is better. Runs at a higher res with better fps. Give it a rest already, the only thing Xbone is good for is running games in 720p.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

PS4 > XFlop One.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

900p > 720p

lol another stupid lem that thinks contrast = graphics

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

PS4 version runs at higher resolution but they obviously had to scale back on some of the draw distance or LOD for the textures at a distance to keep the frame rates stable. higher resolution != better graphics. It just means higher resolution.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

@lostrib said:

I would prefer we didn't, and said we didn't.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The only noticeable thing on X1 are the jaggies. All you see is jaggies and how this console didn't evolve at all to 'next' gen. Same poor or no anti aliasing and 720p is the way they go.

wasted_wlsdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wasted_wlsdom
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

OH MY FCKING GOSH NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUPID FCUKING GAME!!! MOVE ON AND STOP MAKING THESE STUPID THREADS!!! CAPITAL LETTERS! YEAH!~

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dreams-Visions

@enviouseyezonme said:

Thanks for posting that pic....I'll take the upscaled version. Whatever MS is doing to "trick" us...I prefer it. Just like when I played the whole AC series on X360 but my ex gf made a mistake and bought me AC3 for PS3...I noticed the washed out, lack of detail instanttly.

And I have a new 65" Panasonic ZT60 plasma, professionally calibrated, so no, I will not be messing with any settings.

Let me guess: you also have your television set to "vivid".

For more "pop". LOL

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

For more "pop". LOL

He said his tv is professionally calibrated

But, I like how somehow its laughable for someone to choose a setting on their tv they think looks the best.

I dont know about you but im a grown ass man that can make his own decisions and dont need people to tell me what I like.

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe

@Dreams-Visions said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

For more "pop". LOL

Obviously you don't know what a professionally calibrated TV is....which makes me think, maybe you should check your settings. It's cool though, think what you want...I'm not going to turn this into the AVS forum. These same clueless people spread rumors that the X1 "degrades" TV picture quality. No dumb***, you either left your TV in Game Mode while watching TV, you need a better quality HDMI cable or your particular cable box sucks!

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattlefieldFan3

@enviouseyezonme said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

For more "pop". LOL

Obviously you don't know what a professionally calibrated TV is....which makes me think, maybe you should check your settings. It's cool though, think what you want...I'm not going to turn this into the AVS forum. These same clueless people spread rumors that the X1 "degrades" TV picture quality. No dumb***, you either left your TV in Game Mode while watching TV, you need a better quality HDMI cable or your particular cable box sucks!

It's obvious YOU don't know what a professionally calibrated TV is. There is no way someone who knows anything about good image quality would possibly say crushed blacks with pimped-up sharpness look better than natural colors.

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe

I'm telling you that I enjoy the "pop" more than the washed out colors. Simple as that! I never claimed to be a "videophile" either so simmer down. I would say the same if the roles were reversed. The Uncharted games didn't have that washed out look but certain games on Sony's platforms do.

So you're telling me that the details on walls, the door way, the detailed stitching on the soldiers winter hat is because the X1 is crushing blacks? C'mon now man...It's obvious certain sacrifices were made as someone stated above. You wanted 900p or whatever res it is, you got it, but it came at a cost. Granted, no normal person is going to nitpick like this but like I said, I prefer MS "trick" lol

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24  Edited By mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

This guy uses a mac. That should tell you he isn't the most technologically adept person. All professional reviewers have said the PS4 version is superior to the Xbone version.

PS4 version is superior. Get over it.

I dunno, my Mac sure is nice. It blows away my last Windows laptop. Loud, hot and bulky was traded for triple the performance, sleek, silent and runs cool. The screen is so much nicer too, 15'' Retina is far better than my HP. I know they aren't for everyone but I had to reformat my laptop probably 5 times in 2 years because of performance drops. I've had my Macbook for over a year and never had any issues with it.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Third time I've seen someone reference this whole Xbox One upscaler contrast thing, and third time I call bullshit. I've got the XB1, I've got the game. I can switch between 720p (no upscaler) and 1080p (upscaler). What I can't do is get the game to look anything like that crapped up screenshot. They look the same. No crushed blacks. Someone's either faking shots or playing with a broken Xbox.

(I've also got a PS4. I don't have any two copies of the same game, but there's PLENTY of aliasing in Killzone.)

The PS4 has faster memory. It has a beefier GPU. The fact that you guys still feel the need to go and make shit up to defend your console blows my mind.

richsena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By richsena
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

It's tough for me to tell the differences in resolution on my computer since my laptop display is only 1280 x 800. That said, I don't see the differences in texture detail besides the Xbox One version simply looking brighter.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dreams-Visions

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

For more "pop". LOL

It's obvious YOU don't know what a professionally calibrated TV is. There is no way someone who knows anything about good image quality would possibly say crushed blacks with pimped-up sharpness look better than natural colors.

this.

and btw, I color calibrate my own televisions with my X-Rite i1 display. The same one I calibrate my $600 computer monitors with when working on professional print media and video production projects.

So don't suppose to tell me what "proper color calibration" is. It's just silly.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#29  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

For more "pop". LOL

lol, sorry to keep quoting you Dreams, but you're on a roll tonight!

On topic: OP, Please accept the fact that the PS4 versions look better than XBone on both ACIV & BF4, I'm so tired of these reassurance threads from you guys; It's like you guys want to believe in some Xbox One having magic secret sauce that makes their current multiplats look better. ""Thanks for posting that pic....I'll take the up-scaled version. Whatever MS is doing to "trick" us...I prefer it."".....So you rather have shitty crushed blacks everywhere? That's not how the original image is supposed to look. Learn how to calibrate your TV properly; it's sad that you even mentioned AVS forums but you still "prefer" the crushed black photo;.....blows my mind..

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Last gen Xbox was superior to Playstation graphically. This gen Ps4 is superior to Xbone. Graphically Xbone is a disgrace to the industry. Yes I bought one and I play some Forza 5 here and there and it looks great but it's very bland and the environments are lame. The system is very slow and the damn thing wont turn off. Controllers are great but why are we still having to pay for a charge and play kit? And the damn thing is the size of a car engine. And the games are incomplete. The pros, well it's paid off but other than that I cant think of any real good thing about it.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Ps3 1080p >> xbone 720p

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@enviouseyezonme:

Try harder lems . PS4 >> Xbone graphically , you want or not. And the gap will get more obvious in 1-2 years from now , have a bit of patience.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

Another lem in denial the ps4 has superior multiplats. Seriously its all over the web its not a secret, let's be real here. In regards to the video, go to 17:10. Congrats the xbone has higher contrast lol

Bu bu but the X1 has dedicated server through the cloud...

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Dat lem delusion

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@lostrib said:

haha this. so much this

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Troll alert

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Dat lem delusion

Lemolution.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

Okay, everyone (other than Cows) knows and admits by now that the XBOX ONE version of BF4 is graphically superior to the PS4 version. Just like everyone knows that the PS4 version of Assassins Creed IV is graphically superior to the XBOX ONE version.

Why is BF4 still being debated on this forum? Oh yeah, I forgot, this is Cowspot.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows so mad the X1 version has more detail. Refuse to even acknowledge it. Sad really.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Thunder7151

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows so mad the X1 version has more detail. Refuse to even acknowledge it. Sad really.

Cows gonna cow.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows gonna cow.

You two are having Lemolution.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thunder7151

@EZs said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows gonna cow.

Dude, that YouTube comparison video just proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the XBOX ONE version of Battlefield 4 looks better than the PS4 version. Why can't you Cows just accept that and move on?

Here's the link to the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJZzJH5Egk

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@EZs said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows gonna cow.

You're an idiot. Bye.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

900p>720p

Accept it and move on lemmings.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thunder7151

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

900p>720p

Accept it and move on lemmings.

Ever heard of an upscaler? There is no pixelation difference at 1080p. Therefore, 900p > 720p is an invalid argument in this case. The upscaler makes the difference in resolutions unnoticeable. However, the lighting and textures are noticeable, and better, in the XBOX ONE version.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

No need to get buttmad over a month old game, son.

The PS4 version is just better, and you'll need to get over that cos you'll be reading that a lot over the next 5-6 years.

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Some of these comparisons just go into way too much detail. I'm not going to get an inch from my screen to see extra lines that you wont even notice when the game is in motion. System wars should be more about exclusives and less about which console has extra lines on rocks when you zoom in.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: that doesn't mean a thing when the representation in 900p looks like ass. 720p wins this one boy.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah, look at how detailed those jaggies and deep black textures are.

Xbox won. I guess.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thunder7151

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah, look at how detailed those jaggies and deep black textures are.

Xbox won. I guess.

Yes, XBOX ONE did win with BF4. Stop cherry picking screenshots.

Cows will never get over this. It will always be remembered as the case where the supposedly more "powerful" console got a worse version of a AAA multiplat shooter.

Don't worry Cows, you can expect more of the same in the future. Some XBOX ONE multiplats will look better, some PS4 multiplats will look better. That's just how the gaming industry is. Get used to it and stop whining every time an XBOX ONE multiplat looks better.