Let me enjoy the game please...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wario_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Wario_Kid
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

I am really confused. Publishers like R*, 2K have made vast open world games like Mafia 2, GTA 4 ect... The amount of detail in the land is amazing, the physics are amazing, so are the graphics. But I can't enjoy the games. Why? Becuase every time I do ANYTHING in either of these games that is remotely fun (getting a car, runnint over someone, crashing my car, fighting someone) the **** police show up. I know they want to make it realistic, but I play games to have fun. I can go outside and be arrested, I don't want it in a game. I wouldn't mind if you could turn them off like you could in games like San Andreas, but you can't. I don't understand why devs would put so much time and effort into a games open world experience, if you are restricted by the police in really having fun in the game. Sometimes, I just want to get a car, drive around, and not have to worry about running away from the police if I crash my car or run someone over. It's a game, let me enjoy it.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Use cheats

Wario_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wario_Kid

Use cheats

JuarN18

That's the point, there hardly any cheats now for new games.

FearCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FearCrow
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts

I am really confused. Publishers like R*, 2K have made vast open world games like Mafia 2, GTA 4 ect... The amount of detail in the land is amazing, the physics are amazing, so are the graphics. But I can't enjoy the games. Why? Becuase every time I do ANYTHING in either of these games that is remotely fun (getting a car, runnint over someone, crashing my car, fighting someone) the **** police show up. I know they want to make it realistic, but I play games to have fun. I can go outside and be arrested, I don't want it in a game. I wouldn't mind if you could turn them off like you could in games like San Andreas, but you can't. I don't understand why devs would put so much time and effort into a games open world experience, if you are restricted by the police in really having fun in the game. Sometimes, I just want to get a car, drive around, and not have to worry about running away from the police if I crash my car or run someone over. It's a game, let me enjoy it.

Wario_Kid
I understand what your saying but in mafia 2 the cops are always fun to mess with.Everytime i play the demo i would act like im a hitman and stuff. Its pretty fun..until i get shot by the freaking police.And the TImer in Mafia 2...12 Min! Thats not enough.Put an hour and ill be happy :D
iBear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iBear-
Member since 2010 • 1092 Posts

I completely understand in GTA but i think the cops in mafia will be much better

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#6 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

I don't know about you, but I would rather be arrested in-game than IRL, call me crazy though.

Mafia 2 is great when the cops be hatin on thugz.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Cheats really need to make a comeback. Crackdown did it right.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Play Crackdown.

FearCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FearCrow
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts
Just play Red Dead Redemption, its so fun to play and there are barely any cops or "Bounty Hunters" in the game.IF there are then there pretty much retarted as they get themselves run over by a train :lol: And the game has cheats so that would achieve your demands.But WARNING, Game is super glitchy.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts

Play Crackdown.

waltefmoney

play saints row two. But the cops imo are not that big of a deal. They should give you more health tho. They tried to make it realistic, its a mob for ***** sake. They are getting arrested and killed all the time. They would lose that feeling if they removed cops. Then you would be more like master chief than a mobster. Like in saints row 2. You are a gang leader, you cheated death. They made you feel like a badass in that game. In mafia 2 or other serious games, thats not the objective. Its to do your job and thats it. So, in a sense, its less of a "open world" game because you cannot just run around and do whatever you want. You have to oblige by the rules.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Use cheats

JuarN18
Cheats failed in GTA. Using the TC's example about the police, in GTA you had to pull out your phone, go to the cheats, select the correct cheat. But if you get shot in the process the phone menu goes down! So you have to try again, then get shot again. Eventually you just have to continue running.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Use trainers.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I don't mind having to deal with cops in a game, as chases and shoot-outs can be quite fun. However, when developers take it so far as to make cops chase you for merely speeding it is just too much realism for me. There is a fine line that separates fun from too realistic. Above all, I want my games to remain within the 'fun' realm, and making me get chased by cops every time I go over the speed limit in a game is simply taking it over that line for me.

Yes, it makes you be more cautious, but driving along at Granny speed in a game that requires a lot of driving is just not my idea of fun. Besides, what is the use of having all of these nice cars to collect if you cannot get out on the road and enjoy them without having to worry about getting chased by the police for speeding, lol? I realize some will love it for the 'it makes me cautious' factor, but I just think it is straight up ridiculous.

I am of course referring to Mafia II here. While I still think I will enjoy the game, this factor really turns me off. I'll probably pick it up on the cheap later on. I am sure I'll enjoy it much more at around the $30.00 price range... or less.

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
if you can't ditch the cops in GTAIV i don't know what to tell you...
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
Cheats really need to make a comeback. Crackdown did it right.locopatho
yeah, it would be nice to turn off police response in the game if you just want to mess around.
Wario_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wario_Kid

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Cheats really need to make a comeback. Crackdown did it right.clone01
yeah, it would be nice to turn off police response in the game if you just want to mess around.

Exactly, it's not much to ask. You've built a huge sandbox, let me enjoy it.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

If devs want to go for realism, they should give you the option of paying the cops off. :P