Let Make This Constructive.... Define "Worth it"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts
go ahead, define what makes a system "worth it" and how the PS3/360/Wii is/in't "worth it"
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

Worth it - Makes a task/purchase satisfiable after being completed

Wii - Worth it. Why? It has games

360 - Worth it. Why? It has games

PS3 - Not worth it. Why? It doesn't have games

Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
Something that justifies its price, where you dont feel buyers remorse after purchase, when you feel like what you did/bought was worth doing, regardless of the downsides.

I guess thats what it means....
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Personally I think the 360 strikes the best deal between bang and buck. PS3 asks for a hefty initial investment for the latest/greatest console technology, though at the moment it's usefulness is questionable. Wii requires the least investment, though it's barely chugging ahead of the gamecube and far behind current-gen systems in terms of graphical punch, which may or may not be an issue to some people. The point? A console being "worth it" is extremely case-sensitive. Just depends on what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay to get it.
TheSolution3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheSolution3k
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts

nyoroism

You expect 150 games in 4 months? Damn your very demanding....

Manchildshafes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Manchildshafes
Member since 2005 • 1504 Posts

nyoroism

You really can't make the argument that Wii has games.  It has zelda, that is it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

nyoroism

That is about it. I really hope that the PS3 gets some good games.

*curses Killzone disc for not working*
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nyoroism
[QUOTE="nyoroism"]

Manchildshafes

You really can't make the argument that Wii has games.  It has zelda, that is it.

I can make the argument because it has a AAA game here at GameSpot. Since we're on the GameSpot forums, the argument is legitiment.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
To me the 360 was worth the purchase because it has a solid online service and currently the best line-up of the 3 major consoles. Although I do own a Wii, I have to admit that I don't feel it's worth buying at the moment, mostly because I haven't touched it since finishing Twilight Princess. The PS3 is the most expensive and (arguably) currently has the most lacking line-up of the big 3. However, atleast it does have a functioning online service (unlike the Wii) and it's future line-up does look promising. At the moment, I do not feel the PS3 is worth it's price, but may very be worth-while buy in the future.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
[QUOTE="Manchildshafes"][QUOTE="nyoroism"]

nyoroism

You really can't make the argument that Wii has games. It has zelda, that is it.

I can make the argument because it has a AAA game here at GameSpot. Since we're on the GameSpot forums, the argument is legitiment.

but you said games, not one game

i have a wii, and its getting boring because there havent been any good games lately (medal of honor looks tight though)
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#11 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Xbox360 is worth it because it has a great online setup and great games.

PS3 isn't there yet, but will be more than worth it by the end of the year with all the great games they have coming and PS Home looks awesome.

Wii is simply not worth it because the "games" are trash.  The people here who say PS3 doesn't have games but the Wii does are delusional.  What is so great about Wario Ware or Cooking Mama.  Can you honestly sit there and say you'd rather play Cooking Mama than Metal Gear Solid 4, DMC 4, Tekken 6, or Ratchet and Clank?
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
Here is the definition of Worth. Adjective worth 1. Equal in value to; proper to be exchanged for. My house now is worth double what I paid for it. 2. Deserving of. I think you’ll find my proposal worth your attention. 3. (obsolete, except in Scots) Valuable, worth while. 4. Making a fair equivalent of, repaying or compensating This job is hardly worth the effort. Pretty clear cut.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

nyoroism

"Worth it" to different people means different things. This is a great example here. Obviously manchild feels that the Wii isn't "worth it" because "it only have Zelda". Obviously nyro feels it does cause the Wii got more than Zelda. Games such as Warioware, Rayman etc means that Wii got more than one game worth playing. Again, different people going to feel differently about this. Obviously cows will get hyped major about R:FOM and VF5. But to some people PS3 is not "Worth it" cause of the price and lack of games.

ME?

Well, let's just say:

X360: Initially, not worth it (had me asking why the hell did I shell out  $400 for games such as RR6, DOA4, CoD2 and PD0). But now? Definiatly. GeoW, F.E.A.R, GRAW, Dead Rising and Saint's Row to name a few.

Wii: Definatly a great purchase. Zelda to me is NOT the only game out there. Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Super Monkey Balls. Trauma Center, MAdden, Warioware, SSX Blur, Sonic and the upcoming Super Paper Mario to name a few. Also, Wiisport have gotten people that I lost all hope of ever getting into gaming into getting a Wii! That should tell you something.

PS3. Not Worth it! To me, too expensive for the few games I want. And the games I want are basically R:FOM and VF5. And since VF5 is coming to the X360.......

Again, different people have different perception of what is "worth it" to them. So you gonna get different OPINONS on this subject.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#14 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

nyoroism

You really can't make the argument that Wii has games. It has zelda, that is it.

Wario Ware is a pity AAA.  I've yet to meet anybody outside of the Gamespot forums who finds this game to be fun.  So you can keep using it all you want, but it just makes you look ridiculous.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You really can't make the argument that Wii has games. It has zelda, that is it. Manchildshafes

Excite Truck, Wiisports, Rayman RR, Trauma Center SO, Monkey Ball BB, Madden 07, Elebits, Warioware SM, S&SR, SSXT...

Yes... the Wii has no games... do not make me bring out the VC list...
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 da1on2

nyoroism

1. Zelda isn't even exclusive 2. Were not talking about on gamespot, I'm talking about in general
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyoroism
[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="Manchildshafes"][QUOTE="nyoroism"]

Gamer46

Wario Ware is a pity AAA.  I've yet to meet anybody outside of the Gamespot forums who finds this game to be fun.  So you can keep using it all you want, but it just makes you look ridiculous.

I dunno, using a score from the site called GameSpot to enforce an argument on the forums of the site called GameSpot seems pretty straightforward to me.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nyoroism
[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="Manchildshafes"][QUOTE="nyoroism"]

da1on2

1. Zelda isn't even exclusive 2. Were not talking about on gamespot, I'm talking about in general

You'd better start talking about on GameSpot while you're on GameSpot.
-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts

IMO

The issue is the price.  HardCore gamers know that the Wii is an amazing value with all that it brings new to gaming.  The 360 has an established library with great on line capabilities and some killer exclusives.

Assuming your not a biased fan boy, hard core players like myself intend to buy all the consoles ar Some point then its obvious that the PS3 is not the best choice rigth now because the competitions is much more compelling.

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 da1on2
[QUOTE="Manchildshafes"]You really can't make the argument that Wii has games. It has zelda, that is it. foxhound_fox

Excite Truck, Wiisports, Rayman RR, Trauma Center SO, Monkey Ball BB, Madden 07, Elebits, Warioware SM, S&SR, SSXT...

Yes... the Wii has no games... do not make me bring out the VC list...

Now out of these 10 games, 5 of them are minigames/short pick up and play games, Truama center is a DS port which is said not to play as well as the DS version, and Madden is on every console,and i havent actually played Excite truck, but i hear it sucks
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 da1on2
[QUOTE="da1on2"][QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="Manchildshafes"][QUOTE="nyoroism"]

nyoroism

You'd better start talking about on GameSpot while you're on GameSpot.

Gamespot > Real Life :?
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
Worh it=value for money=get to play kick-ass fun games
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 da1on2

IMO

The issue is the price.  HardCore gamers know that the Wii is an amazing value with all that it brings new to gaming.  The 360 has an established library with great on line capabilities and some killer exclusives.

Assuming your not a biased fan boy, hard core players like myself intend to buy all the consoles ar Some point then its obvious that the PS3 is not the best choice rigth now because the competitions is much more compelling.

-CMG-
What you just described there is potential
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nyoroism
Gamespot > Real Life :?da1on2
Think: When someone tells a story about real life on GameSpot, how many times are they believed? Next to none.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
I would define "worth it" as something you buy and do not feel sorry for buying both initially and afterward as time passes on. I have so far met both of these with my purchase of the Wii and look forward to future games.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 da1on2
[QUOTE="da1on2"] Gamespot > Real Life :?nyoroism
Think: When someone tells a story about real life on GameSpot, how many times are they believed? Next to none.

Last time I checked we were talking about consoles being worth it, not telling bedtime stories....
pilotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pilotc
Member since 2004 • 3986 Posts
Worth it...The value of something is deemed worth it when it matches or exceeds the expectations of the consumer at a price determined as reasonable.

Xbox 360 matched and in some cases exceeded my expectations at a reasonable price. Even at launch.