jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I am super addicted to their games, but I can't play them because From Software are dicks

1. Dark Souls 1, I own it on Steam, but it has an always online DRM, Games for Windows. It doesn't save your progress unless you are logged in to GFW. The problem is I moved to another country, therefore my account has been locked because I tried to log in from another country. And in order to unlock my hotmail account I need to log in to my hotmail account. LOL

EDIT: No longer relevant as apparently Dark Souls 1 was migrated from GFW to Steam servers since Dec 15.

2. Dark Souls 1 was 720p and 30 fps. No problem here, right. We already knew that. But read the point 3.

3. Dark Souls 2 is 1080p and 60 fps. BUT fps counter is bound to the parry and dodge moves , therefore you have twice as less time to perform those moves than you would need to on 30fps.

4. I want desperately to play Dark Souls 2, but From Software announced Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin edition which includes all dlc and supports DirectX11, and won't support saves from Dark Souls 2. WHAT !

5. Even though I can say f*ck DirectX11, From Software never discounted their DLC during the last Steam sale. Greedy bastards. I desperately wanted new expansions, but they didn't discounted even a penny from them.

6. Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusive.

F*CK THEM

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Dark Souls on steam doesnt use GFWL anymore

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jhonMalcovich

@Flubbbs said:

Yes it does. Steam migration has been delayed. And until then I can't play the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Xliveless.dll. ;)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

All good on the console level :D

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusive.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

Yes it does. Steam migration has been delayed. And until then I can't play the game.

no it doesnt, it went live last month

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

1. play it on consoles

2. Demons Souls was the best one and that's on PS3, aka Sony exclusive.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jhonMalcovich

@Flubbbs said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

I tried to play it in December and it was still requiring me to log in to GFW

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

It was delayed for a short time. It was migrated a couple weeks ago.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@jhonMalcovich: according to steam it was updated on the 15 th

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@lostrib said:

@jhonMalcovich: according to steam it was updated on the 15 th

Well that's good news at least. I can play something then.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flubbbs

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

there ya go

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

This is why I haven't picked up DS2 yet and I'm glad I haven't, far too many issues left to be fixed by the community; I'll pick it up once the directx11 version is cheap and the extra content is included -- by then the community will have fixed their game for them again.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

They are greedy bastards because they didn't put a sale on the DLC? Which they are not obligated, this makes you sound like the greedy **** for moaning about it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

They kind of shot themselves in the foot with the whole DS2 DX11 thing

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Their recent practices has been pretty disappointing.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jhonMalcovich
@Mitazaki said:

They are greedy bastards because they didn't put a sale on the DLC? Which they are not obligated, this makes you sound like the greedy **** for moaning about it.

Oh please...don't be such a corporate d*ck sucker. It was a Steam sale, I wanted all three expansions, so at least I was expecting a slight discount.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

get a PS3 then?

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

lesson 1-5: never play a game that been made on console.....to play on PC due graphics superiority issues

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@EZs said:

get a PS3 then?

I had one, technically I still have one, but I had had to leave it behind when I moved to my new country of residence. It's at my parents place now. But at this point playing games on a PS3 is an eyes torture.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

They're dicks but the kind of dicks i like! Its a shame that they didn't listened to their playerbase and didn't remove Souls Memory when DkS2 was big. So many hours spent playing against level 600's with full Havel at level 150 was a pain in my anus BUT even with this unbalance i enjoyed the F out of it and can't wait for Bloodborne.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

@majestix1988: that makes no sense

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

I am super addicted to their games, but I can't play them because From Software are dicks

1. Dark Souls 1, I own it on Steam, but it has an always online DRM, Games for Windows. It doesn't save your progress unless you are logged in to GFW. The problem is I moved to another country, therefore my account has been locked because I tried to log in from another country. And in order to unlock my hotmail account I need to log in to my hotmail account. LOL

EDIT: No longer relevant as apparently Dark Souls 1 was migrated from GFW to Steam servers since Dec 15.

2. Dark Souls 1 was 720p and 30 fps. No problem here, right. We already knew that. But read the point 3.

3. Dark Souls 2 is 1080p and 60 fps. BUT fps counter is bound to the parry and dodge moves , therefore you have twice as less time to perform those moves than you would need to on 30fps.

4. I want desperately to play Dark Souls 2, but From Software announced Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin edition which includes all dlc and supports DirectX11, and won't support saves from Dark Souls 2. WHAT !

5. Even though I can say f*ck DirectX11, From Software never discounted their DLC during the last Steam sale. Greedy bastards. I desperately wanted new expansions, but they didn't discounted even a penny from them.

F*CK THEM

1. You could make an offline user on gfwl and just copy paste your saved game, google is your friend, doesn't matter now you can just copy paste your saves since it uses steam now.

2. Dsfix was available since day 1 on pc, never had to play ds1 at 720p

3. True, it sucks.

4. Played it before i even knew of SOTFS so it doesn't affect me, if you haven't played it by now you weren't desperate enough to play it, you waited a year, you can certainly can wait a few months untile the new version is released

5. True, but they have a lot of new content, they are worth it

6. I have ps4 so it doesn't affect me.

The real fault i see in them is they are useless coding for pc so their games are very crappy ports, playable, but crappy, still love their games

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I don't get why this bothers you, Dark Souls isn't going to hold your hand even it comes to how they make and sell it.......

Blame The Sun.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

F*CK THEM

1. You could make an offline user on gfwl and just copy paste your saved game, google is your friend, doesn't matter now you can just copy paste your saves since it uses steam now.

3. True, it sucks.

4. Played it before i even knew of SOTFS so it doesn't affect me, if you haven't played it by now you weren't desperate enough to play it, you waited a year, you can certainly can wait a few months untile the new version is released

The real fault i see in them is they are useless coding for pc so their games are very crappy ports, playable, but crappy, still love their games

2. Yeh I know Dsfix was available, but still it shows that even when From Software do something right, I mean a native support 1080p and 60fps, they still screw something up, like binding fps counter to the parry and dodge moves.

4. And I bought Dark Souls 2 day 1 and all, but I wanted a complete experience., so I was waiting for these new expansions quite anxiously to make a new play through from the start but with the new content with a long run levelup focus. But when I was about to buy the season pass, they announce Scholar of the First Sin, I was like f*ck, another 6 months of waiting. Thanks god I didn't bought the season pass, but From Software really screwed all people who had already bought it.

6. And still it surprises me, I mean, wasn't it enough all those sales they made on multiplatforming, Do they really needed to show middle finger to all their PC and xbox fans ? Who does this shit, they went multiplat with Dark Souls 1 and 2, and then the new Souls game in the series will become a Sony exclusive again. Bloody japanese devs.

I have a bloody i7 5820k 6 core, 16 DDR4 plus overclocked GTX780. Why do I need a PS4 if not for Bloodbourne ?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Krelian-co

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

F*CK THEM

3. True, it sucks.

2. Yeh I know Dsfix was available, but still it shows that even when From Software do something right, I mean a native support 1080p and 60fps, they still screw something up, like binding fps counter to the parry and dodge moves.

4. And I bought Dark Souls 2 day 1 and all, but I wanted a complete experience., so I was waiting for these new expansions quite anxiously to make a new play through from the start but with the new content with a long run levelup focus. But when I was about to buy the season pass, they announce Scholar of the First Sin, I was like f*ck, another 6 months of waiting. Thanks god I didn't bought the season pass, but From Software really screwed all people who had already bought it.

6. And still it surprises me, I mean, wasn't it enough all those sales they made on multiplatforming, Do they really needed to show middle finger to all their PC and xbox fans ? Who does this shit, they went multiplat with Dark Souls 1 and 2, and then the new Souls game in the series will become a Sony exclusive again. Bloody japanese devs.

I have a bloody i7 5820k 6 core, 16 DDR4 plus overclocked GTX780. Why do I need a PS4 if not for Bloodbourne ?

No one is arguing they are terrible at coding for pc. As for why you need a ps4, for the same reason everyone does, if you only have one system you are going to miss some exclusives.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@jhonMalcovich:

I am "mad" at them for continuing to put out shitty Armored Core games, but won't make a sequel to ChromeHounds.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Pc waiting race :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Jhon exaggerating as usual.

If it was a PC exclusive RPG and they did the same thing he would still be wet.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Xliveless.dll. ;)

^^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I think a lot of these complaints are more to do with Namco than From.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

And Demon souls is PS3 exclusives. Stick with PC and you'll allways be stuck with the crumbs that fall off of Xbox's plate

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

All good on the console level :D

Doesn't really fix 720p/30fps :P

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Or maybe they just don't give a Shit about pc gaming?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

All I read was wah wah, I'm jelly I don't have a ps4

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I dont know why hermits say "PC master race" , all they do is complaining on almost everything

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Don't get the complaint about bloodborne. Sony is directly helping them in creating the game so they have every right to keep it as a hostage to their console.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

These men are bad assholes.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:
@Mitazaki said:

Oh please...don't be such a corporate d*ck sucker. It was a Steam sale, I wanted all three expansions, so at least I was expecting a slight discount.

Oh please... don't be a self entitled douche bag. Just because it was a Steam sale, doesn't mean you they need to give you it on sale.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

they are dicks. i've been waiting years for a new tenchu and they keep giving me this souls garbage :/

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:

Don't get the complaint about bloodborne. Sony is directly helping them in creating the game so they have every right to keep it as a hostage to their console.

There's alot of people right now that suspect it's an indirect sequel to Demons Souls.

It sucks it most likely won't come to PC since SOE has nothing to do with it, but damn dude. The lore in Demons was just so good, by far my favorite setting of the games.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@Gamerno6666 said:

Yeh I jnow I know. But Dark Souls 1 sold 2.3M copies. And Dark Souls 2 sold 1.2M in the first three weeks, so by now it must be, too, over 2M. So the question is, the franchise is being popular without any Sony help, why make it Sony exclusive ? It's certainly wasn't because of money, they had enough profit from the sales of the Dark Souls 1/2. It's not like Souls franchise was any big budget in the first place - the NPCs don't even have facial expressions. I will be surprised if the dev costs for the previous instalments were over 5M each.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Yeh I jnow I know. But Dark Souls 1 sold 2.3M copies. And Dark Souls 2 sold 1.2M in the first three weeks, so by now it must be, too, over 2M. So the question is the franchise is being popular without any Sony help, why make it Sony exclusive. It's certainly wasn't because of money, they had enough profit from the sales of the Dark Souls 1/2. It's not like Souls franchise was any big budget in the first place - the NPCs don't even have facial expressions. I will be surprised if the dev costs for the previous instalments were over 5M each.

Go play Ryse

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

You have to log in to migrate, so I guess you're screwed.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

The Souls games are made for consoles in-mind. There were some PC players that petitioned after Dark Souls came out for consoles and they thought why not expand our business.

This is why I love Fromsoft they used every advantages of the PS3, not one thing was left off and the best part is they don't half ass or shoehorn something into the game. If something is in the game it has a good reason to be there.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lostrib

@happyduds77 said:

The Souls games are made for consoles in-mind. There were some PC players that petitioned after Dark Souls came out for consoles and they thought why not expand our business.

More like Namco/From Software asked PC gamers to make a petition so they could gauge the interest in a port

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Krelian-co

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Flubbbs said:

u need to opt in to the beta from game properties on steam

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@lostrib said:

@happyduds77 said:

More like Namco/From Software asked PC gamers to make a petition so they could gauge the interest in a port

No. Dark Souls PC version