Lesson Learned: Sonic the Hedgehog

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

Check these screens out:

Pretty cool, huh? But we all know how absolutey terrible the game is. That's because they never updated the formula. Because they never updated it, all the problems stayed there.

But now look at Sonic and the Secret Rings:

They completey remade the formula from the ground up. Now all the problems plauging his previous 3D adventures (minus the music) were gone. So now Sonic is reborn and ready to run another day.

We could learn a lot from Sonic the Hedgehog.

He used to be the only person to compete with Mario, now they laugh at him. But now he has gotten his momentum back and maybe in a couple of years, he may be able to rise back to be able to compete with Mario and Banjo once again!

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
They should remake the Dreamcast version with the 8 characters, chao chao pets etc.
Was the only Sonic I enjoyed.
nmhwii9791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nmhwii9791
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
ugh, maybe sonic games just aren't for me...but secret rings frustrates the hell out of me.
Jrob2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jrob2k8
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

Check these screens out:

Pretty cool, huh? But we all know how absolutey terrible the game is. That's because they never updated the formula. Because they never updated it, all the problems stayed there.

But now look at Sonic and the Secret Rings:

They completey remade the formula from the ground up. Now all the problems plauging his previous 3D adventures (minus the music) were gone. So now Sonic is reborn and ready to run another day.

We could learn a lot from Sonic the Hedgehog.

He used to be the only person to compete with Mario, now they laugh at him. But now he has gotten his momentum back and maybe in a couple of years, he may be able to rise back to be able to compete with Mario and Banjo once again!

Willy105
I like Sonic music...? 'Specially Sonic RUSH.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
     Hey, you COMPLETELY forgot that singleplayer is only HALF the game?  The other half is actually a remake of Sonic Party, a game that came out about the same time as the original Mario Party.  This portion of the game isnt all that long, but it has many different gameplay experiences and Wii-mote uses.  So any game that looks good and has extra features means that devolpers really put some thought into the whole game experience.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Im burnt out on Sonic. Too many crap games before this
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Sonic looks so slow in the SatSR pictures. Once you get more abilities, he goes incredibly fast. ^_^

SatSR was a good step towards reviving the series. If there's a sequel, I hope they fix some of the control problems, take out the multiplayer (unless it's going to be something like Sonic 2's Sonic vs Tails), and add the Chao garden.

Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
If it wasnt for the crappy camera it could be playable.Sonic x360/ps3 could be playable if it wasnt for the long and most of the time unnecesary loading times,Nauseus speed effect,crappy camera,bugs.....You can add stuff of your own.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
So far I don't like the Wii version, though I hate the 360/PS3 version more.
Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
Im burnt out on Sonic. Too many crap games before thisflazzle
Sonic DS was good,rivals had potential.So we have 2 "not that crappy" sonic games...ok who im kidding Sega should put sonic out of his misery.