LEMS OWNED: PS4 MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/173127-ps4-xbox-one-power-consumption-analysis-points-to-sony-advantage-and-future-efficiency-gains

I've said before that Cerny was a genius and that his brilliance trumps Microsoft's entire engineering team.

The PS4 is an amazingly balanced hardware with incredible performance and unparalleled energy efficiency.

Just how much in R&D did Microsoft spend to create such a weak monstrosity that's slow, unbalanced, and energy hungry? With the financial disaster that the Xbone is shaping up to be, I'm genuinely concerned that the next Xbox will be an even bigger disaster than its predecessor. After all, investment is cut short if the returns aren't hitting satisfactory numbers. Microsoft needs to spend everything it has to compete with Cerny's low R&D budget because Cerny is an uber genius. With R&D budget cut more than half for the next Xbox, things aren't looking to rosy for Xboners.

#2 Posted by mems_1224 (44740 posts) -

old

#3 Posted by bbkkristian (14299 posts) -

http://youtu.be/gutCFMc5khY

If someone wants to properly post the vid, thanks! It's not possible on my ipad.

#4 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

old

Man, a lemming such as yourself must be quaking in fear for the ass-spanking genius Cerny will do to both you and Microsoft next-gen.

Microsoft gonna cut R&D budget in half for next-gen. It was already bad with the $6 billion that Microsoft invested in. Just how bad will a $3 billion R&D budget be? LOL... Next-gen belongs to SONY.

#5 Edited by mems_1224 (44740 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

old

Man, a lemming such as yourself must be quaking in fear for the ass-spanking genius Cerny will do to both you and Microsoft next-gen.

Microsoft gonna cut R&D budget in half for next-gen. It was already bad with the $6 billion that Microsoft invested in. Just how bad will a $3 billion R&D budget be? LOL... Next-gen belongs to SONY.

still old. owned.

#6 Edited by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

BOOM!

#7 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

If someone wants to properly post the vid, thanks! It's not possible on my ipad.

: )

#8 Posted by wis3boi (30260 posts) -

#9 Edited by MonsieurX (26888 posts) -

15$ a year vs 9$

Such a huge deal breaker

#10 Posted by bbkkristian (14299 posts) -
#11 Edited by navyguy21 (12533 posts) -

lol, wtf is this?

That Family Guy vid fits this thread perfectly

#12 Posted by clone01 (23735 posts) -
#13 Posted by ELJUDEZ (7386 posts) -

#14 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@bbkkristian said:

@wasted_wlsdom: Thank you kindly! :)

Jesus. Don't thank him. He needs to be banned. Again.

Still barking for my attention? Do you want a hug?

#15 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

It's amazing what Cerny did with only $50 million in R&D. He utterly annihilated Microsoft's $6 billion in R&D for the Xbone. OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Just think how terrible the Xbone 2 will do with half the R&D budget. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#16 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4336 posts) -

For comparisons sake would like to see the Wii U as it was something Nintendo tried to achieve. It's one of the major reasons the system is under powered along with Nintendo's form factor requirements. It's a no brainer that it would be more efficient but it will be nice to see how big the gap is.

#17 Edited by KKFF (53 posts) -

50% less powerful, yet needs so much more energy, LOL the guys at Microsoft really need to learn how to make a console

#18 Posted by UevenLiftBro (70 posts) -

preorder cancelled

#19 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

@kkff said:

50% less powerful, yet needs so much more energy, LOL the guys at Microsoft really need to learn how to make a console

I dunno. Maybe Microsoft has decent engineers. I think it's because SONY has Cerny, the smartest man in the gaming industry. No one can rival his intelligence. And that's with the $6 billion in R&D MS poured on the Xbone... LOL...

#20 Posted by kingtito (4420 posts) -

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/173127-ps4-xbox-one-power-consumption-analysis-points-to-sony-advantage-and-future-efficiency-gains

I've said before that Cerny was a genius and that his brilliance trumps Microsoft's entire engineering team.

The PS4 is an amazingly balanced hardware with incredible performance and unparalleled energy efficiency.

Just how much in R&D did Microsoft spend to create such a weak monstrosity that's slow, unbalanced, and energy hungry? With the financial disaster that the Xbone is shaping up to be, I'm genuinely concerned that the next Xbox will be an even bigger disaster than its predecessor. After all, investment is cut short if the returns aren't hitting satisfactory numbers. Microsoft needs to spend everything it has to compete with Cerny's low R&D budget because Cerny is an uber genius. With R&D budget cut more than half for the next Xbox, things aren't looking to rosy for Xboners.

Trolling more huh loser?

#21 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

Lemmings don't care about energy consumption. Most of them are still children or teenagers who live with their parents. Daddy is the one paying the electric bill.

#22 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Trolling more huh loser?

Your fanboyism is preventing you from seeing the obvious truth. This gen and the next gen belong to SONY.

#23 Edited by MonsieurX (26888 posts) -

Your fanboyism is preventing you from seeing the obvious truth. This gen and the next gen belong to SONY.

Sweet irony.

And next gen is already to Sony,woah. Give me your crystal ball please

#24 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Sweet irony.

Another xboner who can't see facts and logic.

Cerny demolished MS with only $50 mill in R&D while MS spent $6 billion in R&D.

You think MS is gonna spend another $6 billion in R&D for their next console when the Xbone is gonna be a financial fiasco? They already lost miserably to Cerny with $6 billion. How much worse would it be with even less in R&D?

#25 Posted by plageus900 (774 posts) -

This thread needs more candle jack.

#26 Posted by MonsieurX (26888 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Sweet irony.

Another xboner who can't see facts and logic.

Cerny demolished MS with only $50 mill in R&D while MS spent $6 billion in R&D.

You think MS is gonna spend another $6 billion in R&D for their next console when the Xbone is gonna be a financial fiasco? They already lost miserably to Cerny with $6 billion. How much worse would it be with even less in R&D?

Source for those costs?

Or you're going with the usual "it's well known"

And extra lolz for calling me an xboner

#27 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Why does the XOne use more power? It's using weaker hardware.

...eh, but it does have that extra component that draws power (Kinect). Is Kinect included in that power draw measurement?

#28 Posted by Jacobistheman (3971 posts) -

This is probably right, but this graph looks like it was made in excel in 30 sec by a 7th grader. What is that 33% and 47%.

Also, this is probably taking into account the Kinect and the dvr and stuff.

#29 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (747 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

...eh, but it does have that extra component that draws power (Kinect). Is Kinect included in that power draw measurement?

maybe it is related to this: Xbox One hidden power.

#30 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2152 posts) -

lol always on. Enjoy your electricity bills, lems.

So much for that "superior Xbone cooling solution."

#31 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

Dat Cerny engineering.

#32 Edited by gago-gago (8748 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the Kinect adds to that. I'm pretty sure if they plug the PS Eye they're pretty much even.

#33 Edited by blamix99 (1327 posts) -

another butthurt thread for xboners

#34 Posted by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions: I was confused too. But the X1 actually uses less power when in use.

Its the low power state when not in use where it consumes more energy, probably because its always listening for the xbox on voice command.

#35 Posted by _Matt_ (8324 posts) -

@gago-gago:

... I hope you don't mean that. So you're saying that kinect is the sole reason why the XB1 uses more energy in standby than gaming and media put together?

That implies the camera is doing far more than just listening to you in standby... If you know what I mean ;)

#36 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1585 posts) -

too much TLHBO lately. Feel like e3 again.

#37 Edited by remiks00 (1067 posts) -

I have a PS4, and even I don't care about this. But it is weird that Xbone uses that much more power.

#38 Edited by Caseytappy (2094 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The PS4 is more power hungry as your picture clearly shows but the Bone is uses more in standby so turn of the power .

Problem fixed .

#39 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65905 posts) -

unless you care about the electrical bill, i don't see the big deal. I have a PS4 and i don't really care how much it uses

#40 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2810 posts) -

I never leave my console in standby unless I plan on going back to it shortly, and Xbone uses less power when in use, so in my case TCHBO.

#41 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3192 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

: )

lol /Thread.

If you put your console in power saving mode when off this isn't an issue. Why would I leave my console on when i'm not using it? I don't do it with my PC.

Lol power saving wars.

#42 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (2533 posts) -

Godny saving you money.

#43 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3192 posts) -

Man, this thread is just falling apart. If you put the X1 in power saving mode when off, YOU just proved the X1 uses less power for everything else.

This is some desperate claim to ownage by a few of you cows.

#44 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2152 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Man, this thread is just falling apart. If you put the X1 in power saving mode when off, YOU just proved the X1 uses less power for everything else.

Uses less power and still produces more heat. Dat Microsoft engineering.

Bu bu but the Xbone will run cooler than the PS4 at full operation because it's bigger!

Bu bu but look at how small the PS4 is! It's an RROD disaster in the making!

Etc etc.

#45 Posted by 35cent (826 posts) -

This is the worst thread I've seen anywhere in a very long time.

#46 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (3192 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Uses less power and still produces more heat. Dat Microsoft engineering.

Bu bu but the Xbone will run cooler than the PS4 at full operation because it's bigger!

Bu bu but look at how small the PS4 is! It's an RROD disaster in the making!

Etc etc.

It was designed to run as quiet as possible first and foremost. It was done on purpose as a minor trade off. It has a 12cm silent fan over the APU.

The heat is well within tolerance. And it's still only a little warmer than the PS4.

Look at the difference when gaming in dB level when close, the PS4 is around 10dB louder.

#47 Posted by EZs (1309 posts) -

@35cent said:

This is the worst thread I've seen anywhere in a very long time.

How so?

#48 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2152 posts) -

It was designed to run as quiet as possible first and foremost. It was done on purpose as a minor trade off. It has a 12cm silent fan over the APU.

The heat is well within tolerance. And it's still only a little warmer than the PS4.

Look at the difference when gaming in dB level when close, the PS4 is around 10dB louder.

And after 1 metre away (which is where everyone will be because they don't sit next to their consoles) the PS4 and Xbone are virtually identical.

Not surprised they designed the Bone to be extra quiet though, spares owners the humilation of being identified and shamed as lems.

#49 Edited by StormyJoe (4006 posts) -

#

You have officially surpassed all others as my no. 1 "cow troll".

Why are you allowed to post topics again?

#50 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (26703 posts) -

Godny saving you money.

Except if its running at 33% in standby, how much does that cost if you leave it on overnight to recharge your controller? Batteries FTW!