Lems : Are you worried about Kinect being the prime focus of Xbox720?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by tormentos (16822 posts) -

Thing is, there are few alternatives.

If PS4 is as bad as PS3 was, with crap online, crap controller, broken multiplats, no QA, some people might decide "hey I don't like Kinect but the 720 is the only competent console."

This gen pretty much nothing was worth having but 360 and/or a PC.

PS3 wasn't worth owning.

Wii had limited appeal and alot of fraudulent marketing about making kids exercise.

For next gen

WiiU we already know isn't worth owning.

720 if it focus on Kinect won't be worth owning.

PS4 if it has tablet controller and lock used games, plus they have a track record of being incompetent, won't be worth owning.

All we will have left is PC gaming.

ZombieKiller7
:lol: Wishful thinking...
#102 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

it already is the prime focus

#103 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1403 posts) -

I have no worries at all ... kinect was never a focus for the xbox 360 and didn't take any core game away

Also kinect 2 looks interesting if you know they can get past having to own a projector ... then kinect 2 would be a worth while purchase next gen

#104 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

I have no worries at all ... kinect was never a focus for the xbox 360 and didn't take any core game away

Also kinect 2 looks interesting if you know they can get past having to own a projector ... then kinect 2 would be a worth while purchase next gen

ebrezzy1

Says the guy who buys into avatars, iam a xbox live early adopter 2002 and i think it's dumb as sh!t im a guy and my character on my xbox live dashboard is a female because i havent even took the time to customize it and i could really ever give a sh!t about doing that.

#105 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

It's ashame you are forced to have some dorky ass character to represent you on xbox live.

What happened to a simple gamer pic that's a hell of alot cooler.

i think the artstyle seriously blows on the human xbox live dashboard characters.

#106 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1403 posts) -

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

cryemocry

Says the guy who buys into avatars, iam a xbox live early adopter 2002 and i think it's dumb as sh!t im a guy and my character on my xbox live dashboard is a female because i havent even took the time to customize it and i could really ever give a sh!t about doing that.

umm ooookkkk ..... says the guy with a female avatar who is really a guy:?... and thats a stock photo ... the minecraft hat and i think t shirt is given to you for playing minecraft ... not a single ms point spent ... although i wouldn't mind a hat that don't sit straight on my head and maybe a pet that pops up next to me:P

ain't nothing wrong with avatars and spending MS points to enjoy seeing it on your dashboard

#108 Posted by Strakha (1781 posts) -

No if the platform isn't good value for money and provide me with the gaming experience I want I simply won't buy it. Most of my favorite games are multiplat anyway. I'm guessing this built-in Kinect they are using won't cost them anywhere near $150 to ad to the machine but if the consoles launches at $150 more than the competition than obviously will buy the less expensive console. I don't think it's likely it will cost more than the competition though because I rekon Kinect doesn't cost them anywhere near it's retail price for them to make. They are probably making a nce profit off the stand alone while consoles at launch are often sold at a loss.

#109 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

i just mashed buttons picked anything just so i could go ahead and play online lol reason my xbox live dash character is a black chick lmao.

I want to get in the game and kick some ass i dont want to sit there for 30 minutes scrolling through a list of items to make a character try to resemble myself.

#110 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

cryemocry

#111 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X39SWIaIN4&list=LLQgNaeTFwEvCoR8JqNVRElQ

DarkMaster - XBOX LIVE Launch Disc 2002

LOL @ 6:52 Hey dark whats up? I seen ur hanging around the emotionally challenged again.

#113 Posted by SecretPolice (21382 posts) -

Nope but the rest of the SW barnyard should be worried about K2's huge leap in functionality > Kinect and the impact that will have on Next Xbox sales being sky high, capturing the imagination of people from 6 to 60. :o :P

#115 Posted by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]theres no question, lemmings have been in pannick mode for years now not only for 720, but already with the 360 as it has got no games since kinect. This is not changing in the near future, which is the 720PinnacleGamingP

Blah, blah, blah I am PinnacleGamingP a.k.a. "Super Cow" blah, blah, blah.

Have you ever made a cohesive argument?

does the truth butthurt?

I wouldn't know, since nothing you say is the truth.

#116 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

i remember watching this sh!t in 2002 on here lol.The good ole days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXeIIMe0Qig

Gamespot Xbox Live Launch 2002 launch preview.

#117 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

kinect fans:Who's Darkmaster?

#119 Posted by cryemocry (835 posts) -

darkmaster dont believe in xbox no moe

#120 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Nope but the rest of the SW barnyard should be worried about K2's huge leap in functionality > Kinect and the impact that will have on Next Xbox sales being sky high, capturing the imagination of people from 6 to 60. :o :P

SecretPolice
Yeah, just like Steel Battalion you was hyping? :lol: :P
#121 Posted by SecretPolice (21382 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Heil68

Wasn't hyping but rather excited about the possibilities of SB:HA being dev'ed by Fromsoft, using traditional control along with "Some" Kinect funtionality :D I mean, anyone who played the original SB amd loved it would be crazy not to be excited about that.

That said, if you remember me being excited for SB:HA, then you must also remember that after playing the demo, I lost faith in Kinect being useful for core games and called Kinect nothing but beta testing for Kinect 2. :P

#122 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

theres no question, lemmings have been in pannick mode for years now not only for 720, but already with the 360 as it has got no games since kinect. This is not changing in the near future, which is the 720PinnacleGamingP

ps3 gamers are too dumb to even spell panic correctly. No wonder they game on shlt.

#123 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

Lems : Are you worried about Kinect being the prime focus of Xbox720?

TC

Source?

#124 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

No such thing as a 720

#125 Posted by fadersdream (3153 posts) -

The only people who ever seem to be bothered by whats happening with the XBOX are those who don't own one.

#126 Posted by speedfog (3004 posts) -

Cows are scared to get owned by the kineect crowd. They are the ones that should be scared.

#127 Posted by themajormayor (25678 posts) -

[QUOTE="cryemocry"]

tenaka2

#128 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -
Hate to admit it, but I'm 'slightly' concerned about this.
#129 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7889 posts) -
That would be a nightmare for hardcore gamers, I really hope it's not bundled.
#130 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

maybe if it was all i had.

#131 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Wasn't hyping but rather excited about the possibilities of SB:HA being dev'ed by Fromsoft, using traditional control along with "Some" Kinect funtionality :D I mean, anyone who played the original SB amd loved it would be crazy not to be excited about that.

That said, if you remember me being excited for SB:HA, then you must also remember that after playing the demo, I lost faith in Kinect being useful for core games and called Kinect nothing but beta testing for Kinect 2. :P

lolz...Msg me your XBL tag and maybe we can play some BL2.
#132 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I don't think Kinect could be standard because most of the current genres wouldn't work with that type of Motion control since there isn't any buttons.

#133 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

The only people who ever seem to be bothered by whats happening with the XBOX are those who don't own one.

fadersdream

Well that's kind of a stupid statement.

If they weren't bothered by what's happening with Xbox they would be using it.

I own a 360 and I worry about Kinect being the primary focus of Microslut.

#134 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

With Kinect crippling the Xbox360 core gaming focus, are you worried that MS will do the same thing next gen?

I've been thinking

If 720 has Kinect 2.0 built in then we will be forced to buy Kinect, if for example the hardware cost $400 then we will pay $150 for Kinect hardware that alot of us don't want and won't use.

Secondly if the GUI uses kinect, what about people who use their Xbox in a smaller room, that don't have room to be waving their arms around to control the interface.

While I understand the business reasons, Kinect still irritates.

Why can't any company just focus on providing value and service to core gamers? Everybody's busy inventing tablet controllers and all kind of stupid schit, nobody's focused on just having a normal controller and making great games.

OhSnapitz

• Halo 4
  • Assasins Creed III
  • COD BO 2
  • Gears III
  • Gears Judgement
  • Forza Horizon
  • The Witcher 2
  • Skyrim
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tekken Tag 2
  • DOA 5
  • Minecraft
  • Borderlands 2
  • XCOM
  • Darksiders 2
  • GTA 5
  • Crysis 3
  • Devil May Cry
  • Sonic Allstars Racing 2
  • Dust
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • MGS: Zeroes

I'm sorry are those games not playable on the 360? :|

You'd be able to play most of those along with a great deal of exclusives (and even more upcoming exclusives) on the PS3. The PC completely triumph that. Not only does the PC feature superior versions of multiplats, but it's also giving the Xbox 360 the middle finger while pis*ing on it in terms of exclusives.

IMO the Xbox 360 is the least attractive platform out of the bunch, but on the same time it still does offer plenty of games.. So yeah.. I am, however, curious about nex gen. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if MS will continue like they have in the last couple of years.

#135 Posted by Shewgenja (8355 posts) -

I like how in threads like this, Kinect won't be a big focus next-gen for the XBox, but in sales threads, Kinect is like an atom bomb that got dropped into the Playstation 3 Death Star.

Which way is it?

#136 Posted by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

No because lemmings want Halo, Forza and Gears with Kinect.

#137 Posted by CRUSHER88 (1150 posts) -
Not worried. Even if they put all their first party into kinect, there would still be solid multiplats to play. I mean looking at my 360 library now and I only own like two exclusives from a pile of 30+ games.
#138 Posted by cainetao11 (16663 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Who says no one will use it? I don't play Kinect games on my 360, but I have used Kinect for "Kinect enhanced" games. Issuing commands in ME3 with Kinect is nice, speaking the shouts in Skyrim is even better. I wouldn't buy a Kinect for that (I got mine off a buddy), but I would use that functionality if it were built in.

StormyJoe

Yeah cuz yelling "SQUAD GO LEFT" at your TV is easier than pressing d-pad.

Ahh... someone who has never used it before. It's more like this: "Liara, Warp", and Liara (providing she is in your squad at the time), fires a Warp Biotic blast at the target you have in your crosshairs. That's a lot more fluid than: stopping game play, brigingin up the radial menu, scrolling over to Liara, and clicking on the "Warp" biotic icon; wouldn't you say?

As for Skyrim, yelling FUS RU DAH at your TV to have your character use Unrelenting Force is hella fun.

I laugh at the "pressing the d-pad is easier" retort. Using Kinect features in ME3 wasn't about ease for me, it was just plain fun. God forbid I want that from video games.
#139 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

Well the Xbox360 is just an extension of the Windows platform.

Someday people will be able to buy games, and play them across across their desktop, laptop, console, tablet and phone.

As long as they subscribe to Live.

That's pretty much the Microsoft plan.

Steam isn't in that plan so they'll prolly be gutted and move to Linux.

#140 Posted by -CC- (1889 posts) -

Im only getting one console so if its kinectbox 720 then it will be the PS4 unless they screw that up also. Wii U is already out. I really hope either PS4 or 720 is a "hardcore" type console.

#141 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

fadersdream

Welcome to System Wars

#142 Posted by gpuking (2720 posts) -
They really should be, supporting something as idiotic as Kinect would only become your own undoing, hence the lack of core games and weak sauce spec compared to Orbis.
#143 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -
[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Yeah cuz yelling "SQUAD GO LEFT" at your TV is easier than pressing d-pad.

cainetao11

Ahh... someone who has never used it before. It's more like this: "Liara, Warp", and Liara (providing she is in your squad at the time), fires a Warp Biotic blast at the target you have in your crosshairs. That's a lot more fluid than: stopping game play, brigingin up the radial menu, scrolling over to Liara, and clicking on the "Warp" biotic icon; wouldn't you say?

As for Skyrim, yelling FUS RU DAH at your TV to have your character use Unrelenting Force is hella fun.

I laugh at the "pressing the d-pad is easier" retort. Using Kinect features in ME3 wasn't about ease for me, it was just plain fun. God forbid I want that from video games.

Unfortunately, Kinect should not be a $100 microphone. They could've done it with the regular headset (for all platforms).
#144 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7298 posts) -
I am actually really curious about Kinect 2.0. I think the idea is great but the tech was not there yet for this gen.
#145 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="fadersdream"]

ZombieKiller7

Your ZERO achievements say you don't game on 360.

#146 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="fadersdream"]

percuvius2

Your ZERO achievements say you don't game on 360.

Where are you looking?

#147 Posted by SecretPolice (21382 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Yeah, just like Steel Battalion you was hyping? :lol: :P Heil68

lolz...Msg me your XBL tag and maybe we can play some BL2.

Aren't you worried I'll PK ( player kill ) your ass and when you restart your game your character's level will be halved. :shock:

Teh SP has da powah dontchaknow. :twisted:

Anyhoo, I have other GT's I use but for you and others here, I am teh "SecretPolice" on XBL. But again, I haven't much time these dayzz for gaming but loved to do some co-op if / when the timing is right. :cool:

#148 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

What's so bad about Kinect that gets all you Sony fanboys in a tither?

Are you jealous that MS have managed to carve out a business for themselves by supporting both core and casual gamers?

Are you jealous because the PS Move was a complete joke?

Are you jealous because Sony no longer know how to make a successful product?

#149 Posted by Malta_1980 (11173 posts) -

I just hope MS will balance in terms of focus when it comes to exclusives... One must keep in mind gamers of all ages have different tastes so some might prefer Kinect type of games and others wont... Its never easy to please everyone !!

#150 Posted by fadersdream (3153 posts) -

[QUOTE="fadersdream"]

ZombieKiller7

Then that is sad for you and your supposed xbox.