Lems : Are you worried about Kinect being the prime focus of Xbox720?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Ahh... someone who has never used it before. It's more like this: "Liara, Warp", and Liara (providing she is in your squad at the time), fires a Warp Biotic blast at the target you have in your crosshairs. That's a lot more fluid than: stopping game play, brigingin up the radial menu, scrolling over to Liara, and clicking on the "Warp" biotic icon; wouldn't you say?

As for Skyrim, yelling FUS RU DAH at your TV to have your character use Unrelenting Force is hella fun.

FastEddie2121

It's a f*cking sacrilege.

That term is best used in describing the ps3 version of Skyrim and subsequent dlc fail.

Skyrim is trash. Might be great for you Dungeons and Dragons nerds though.

#52 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -
[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

The only people saying Kinect will be the prime focus are Cows; because they want to discourage people from getting the next XBox.

Sad, really...

CanYouDiglt
This right here.

#53 Posted by coasterguy65 (5875 posts) -

Kinect being the prime focus of the Nextbox is much like the rumor about the Nextbox and PS4 not playing used games. I'm not going to worry about it until it is confirmed by MS. I've gotten some use out of my Kinect, but I doubt I will be buying the Nextbox if it is Kinect focused.

#54 Posted by Fossil- (351 posts) -

[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

StrongBlackVine

That term is best used in describing the ps3 version of Skyrim and subsequent dlc fail.

Nope it's terrible for that too. Any notion of actual roleplaying is completely destroyed by the forced dragonborn story, paltry amount of spells and armor, and the fact that there is no reason not to join all the guilds.
#55 Posted by OhSnapitz (18107 posts) -
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

cuz PC isn't a major gaming platform

Heil68
I don't recall saying it wasn't.. :| My point is.. The 360 has a incredibly large catalog of titles and most that I've listed came out after Kinect.. So clearly M$ didn't tell devs "F*k YOU make all Kinect games.." :roll:

Like Rare? lolz

..no.. idiots like you are to blame for that one.. ;)
#56 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

No... because then I'll just stick to PC, Wii U, 3DS & PS4. It's nice to have options :D

#57 Posted by gensigns (1477 posts) -
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

The only people saying Kinect will be the prime focus are Cows; because they want to discourage people from getting the next XBox.

Sad, really...

Heil68
This right here.

Well, well, well. That confirms something...
#58 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Stop calling it 720

#59 Posted by McStrongfast (4264 posts) -
Not really. I have extremely little interest in Kinect or faith in what it may accomplish. But if it's again an optional peripheral, which seems likely, I'd just ignore it this time around. As far as I'm aware the Kinect didn't really set the world on fire. It'll remain part of Microsoft's strategy I'm sure, but I don't expect it to play a very significant one. I'm more concerned about them continuing to shovel money into series like Halo and Gears, in which I also have very little interest. I want new awesome stuff.
#60 Posted by delta3074 (17885 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Who says no one will use it? I don't play Kinect games on my 360, but I have used Kinect for "Kinect enhanced" games. Issuing commands in ME3 with Kinect is nice, speaking the shouts in Skyrim is even better. I wouldn't buy a Kinect for that (I got mine off a buddy), but I would use that functionality if it were built in.

StormyJoe

Yeah cuz yelling "SQUAD GO LEFT" at your TV is easier than pressing d-pad.

Ahh... someone who has never used it before. It's more like this: "Liara, Warp", and Liara (providing she is in your squad at the time), fires a Warp Biotic blast at the target you have in your crosshairs. That's a lot more fluid than: stopping game play, brigingin up the radial menu, scrolling over to Liara, and clicking on the "Warp" biotic icon; wouldn't you say?

As for Skyrim, yelling FUS RU DAH at your TV to have your character use Unrelenting Force is hella fun.

i am sorry mate but i would feel like a right D*** head shouting 'Liara Warp' at the TV and i probab;y can't even pronounce dragon shouts anyway, the truth is, i am in no way interested in kinect for Gaming applications, for turning my lights or the Kettle on?Hell yeah, for gaming, no thanks.
#61 Posted by delta3074 (17885 posts) -

[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

StrongBlackVine

It is awesome for Dungeons and dragons 'Nerds' as you call them,lol
#62 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"] That term is best used in describing the ps3 version of Skyrim and subsequent dlc fail.delta3074

It's awesome for anyone with a good taste in games
#63 Posted by delta3074 (17885 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Granny_Spanked

It's awesome for anyone with a good taste in games

too right, i used to dream of games like Skyrim back in the 80's
#64 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28357 posts) -

Ehh two reasons Im not worried.

1.I wont be getting any next gen system till a good 3-4 years after release.

2.Its not a set in stone thing when Microsoft says directly we will not have any core games we will have only kinect on the next xbox then I will be worried.

#65 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

Yeah about the same amount that Cows are worried about not having the Dual Shock controller anymore.

#66 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
dont think they are, i mean they have been used to it for years now.
#67 Posted by StormyJoe (4889 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Yeah cuz yelling "SQUAD GO LEFT" at your TV is easier than pressing d-pad.

delta3074

i am sorry mate but i would feel like a right D*** head shouting 'Liara Warp' at the TV and i probab;y can't even pronounce dragon shouts anyway, the truth is, i am in no way interested in kinect for Gaming applications, for turning my lights or the Kettle on?Hell yeah, for gaming, no thanks.

You can use the shouts in english. Before you dismiss it, you should try it. Besides, have you ever stopped to listen to what you (or most people) say to others when you play online?

#69 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
theres no question, lemmings have been in pannick mode for years now not only for 720, but already with the 360 as it has got no games since kinect. This is not changing in the near future, which is the 720
#70 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

I think alot of lems are gonna switch back to the godstation brand ;)

#71 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]This right here.gensigns

Well, well, well. That confirms something...

Yeah, hes been that way for awhile now. It's kinda sad.
#72 Posted by StormyJoe (4889 posts) -

theres no question, lemmings have been in pannick mode for years now not only for 720, but already with the 360 as it has got no games since kinect. This is not changing in the near future, which is the 720PinnacleGamingP

Blah, blah, blah I am PinnacleGamingP a.k.a. "Super Cow" blah, blah, blah.

Have you ever made a cohesive argument?

#73 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]theres no question, lemmings have been in pannick mode for years now not only for 720, but already with the 360 as it has got no games since kinect. This is not changing in the near future, which is the 720StormyJoe

does the truth butthurt?
#74 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]theres no question, lemmings have been in pannick mode for years now not only for 720, but already with the 360 as it has got no games since kinect. This is not changing in the near future, which is the 720PinnacleGamingP

does the truth butthurt?

how is "no games" the truth?

#75 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4034 posts) -

Why worry about that, it's only the cows which say it.

#76 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

They really should be because Kinect is not fun at all.

#77 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

Of course they are, but will never openly admit it.

#78 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

They should be.

Obviously_Right

This. I'm not a Lem, but I know that what happens on one console, in terms of audience focus, can echo throughout the industry. I like my core games that require precise mouse control to succeed.

#79 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
Lol at the poll. I dont think Xbox fans are worried. I have a hunch they arent the only ones voting.
#80 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

I actually like Kinect, hence why I use it so much. I have a family so this kind of thing appeals to me.

#81 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

'Yeah alot'

I don't think they will be stupid enough to give up of it's most successful market.

PAL360
So then Kinect will be priority
#82 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

With Kinect crippling the Xbox360 core gaming focus, are you worried that MS will do the same thing next gen?

I've been thinking

If 720 has Kinect 2.0 built in then we will be forced to buy Kinect, if for example the hardware cost $400 then we will pay $150 for Kinect hardware that alot of us don't want and won't use.

Secondly if the GUI uses kinect, what about people who use their Xbox in a smaller room, that don't have room to be waving their arms around to control the interface.

While I understand the business reasons, Kinect still irritates.

Why can't any company just focus on providing value and service to core gamers? Everybody's busy inventing tablet controllers and all kind of stupid schit, nobody's focused on just having a normal controller and making great games.

percuvius2

what's a lem? Oh kiddy speak I see.

Guess your opinion doesn't matter.

if kinect were a primary focus it would be used in Halo4, ya 'tard.

Please read the stickies at the top of the forum.

Lemming, Sheep, Cow, Hermit are gamespot lingo.

Kinect already IS the primary focus of Xbox360 when they dropped core to pursue casual

I'm asking if you're worried that it will also become the primary focus of the 720/Nextbox

Thanks

#83 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -
Microsoft doesn't owe anything to you. "But what about ME!? That's not what I want!" There is a smaller population of of whiny, entitled neckbeards and a much larger population of people who will gladly take Kinect 2.0 and be happy. You don't deserve anything.
#84 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
To the person that said it is fun to yell dragon shouts at your TV... no. Just no. As for Kinect, I don't care. It'll be fully integrated with the brand anyway, might as well be now. I'll still buy the console and enjoy non-Kinect games nonetheless.
#85 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -
If they're not they should be, the fact that the 720 supposedly has 8GB of cheap ddr3 ram is a clear indicator that it's leaning toward a multimedia device and away from gaming.
#86 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

Microsoft doesn't owe anything to you. "But what about ME!? That's not what I want!" There is a smaller population of of whiny, entitled neckbeards and a much larger population of people who will gladly take Kinect 2.0 and be happy. You don't deserve anything.Drasonak

Then is it safe to say we also don't owe Microsoft any love?

They don't give us a good product, they don't get us as customers.

Simple yeah?

#87 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -
games kinda worry me. While I do play most of the multiplayer games I buy for the xbox 360 (and use ps3 for exclusives or games I'm really only interested in SP for) I want exclusives. I don't care about racing games, so the only standouts for me are Gears of War and Halo. I really haven't been a huge fan of Halo since last gen and it's not really getting any better for me. The games seem to be getting worse and worse with each new installment. Gears was always a blast, but Epic has removed FAR too many features with Judgment that it's gotten to the point that I refuse to buy the game as it is/new.
#88 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

games kinda worry me. While I do play most of the multiplayer games I buy for the xbox 360 (and use ps3 for exclusives or games I'm really only interested in SP for) I want exclusives. I don't care about racing games, so the only standouts for me are Gears of War and Halo. I really haven't been a huge fan of Halo since last gen and it's not really getting any better for me. The games seem to be getting worse and worse with each new installment. Gears was always a blast, but Epic has removed FAR too many features with Judgment that it's gotten to the point that I refuse to buy the game as it is/new. handssss

What did they remove in judgement?

I haven't heard anything.

#89 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -

[QUOTE="handssss"]games kinda worry me. While I do play most of the multiplayer games I buy for the xbox 360 (and use ps3 for exclusives or games I'm really only interested in SP for) I want exclusives. I don't care about racing games, so the only standouts for me are Gears of War and Halo. I really haven't been a huge fan of Halo since last gen and it's not really getting any better for me. The games seem to be getting worse and worse with each new installment. Gears was always a blast, but Epic has removed FAR too many features with Judgment that it's gotten to the point that I refuse to buy the game as it is/new. ZombieKiller7

- No horde mode - No beast mode, -No Execution -No Warzone -No KOTH -No Annex -No Guardian -NO DBNO -No Executions -No playable Locusts outside of Overrun mode (Competitive MP is now Cogs in bright blue armor vs Cogs in bright red armor) - Have to choose between spawning with a rifle or a shotgun -Everyone spawns with grenades -Retro and Sawed Off still in the game. Sawed off gets to fire twice before reloading now -TDM now has no life pool and instead counts to a set number. This means no more clutching. -Only 4 MP modes (Overrun, FFA, Domination, and TDM) -No option for classic control scheme There's probably a lot more, but this is all off the top of my head. All confirmed by Epic themselves via their own podcasts. Just go see for yourself. Their official forums are constantly exploding.
#90 Posted by clone01 (24505 posts) -
Microsoft doesn't owe anything to you. "But what about ME!? That's not what I want!" There is a smaller population of of whiny, entitled neckbeards and a much larger population of people who will gladly take Kinect 2.0 and be happy. You don't deserve anything.Drasonak
I don't owe MS anything either. If I don't like the product, I won't buy it. Simple as that.
#91 Posted by tormentos (17094 posts) -
[QUOTE="Drasonak"]Microsoft doesn't owe anything to you. "But what about ME!? That's not what I want!" There is a smaller population of of whiny, entitled neckbeards and a much larger population of people who will gladly take Kinect 2.0 and be happy. You don't deserve anything.clone01
I don't owe MS anything either. If I don't like the product, I won't buy it. Simple as that.

But but Party chat and your friend list...Oh the humanity...
#92 Posted by clone01 (24505 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Drasonak"]Microsoft doesn't owe anything to you. "But what about ME!? That's not what I want!" There is a smaller population of of whiny, entitled neckbeards and a much larger population of people who will gladly take Kinect 2.0 and be happy. You don't deserve anything.tormentos

But but Party chat and your friend list...Oh the humanity...

Yes, what about it? I like party chat, eltormo, and I like my friend's list. But at the end of the day, its a company. If I don't like what they offer next gen, I don't buy it. Do you grasp the concept? I'm sorry, but there's no way to write in crayon for you on the internet.
#93 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="handssss"]games kinda worry me. While I do play most of the multiplayer games I buy for the xbox 360 (and use ps3 for exclusives or games I'm really only interested in SP for) I want exclusives. I don't care about racing games, so the only standouts for me are Gears of War and Halo. I really haven't been a huge fan of Halo since last gen and it's not really getting any better for me. The games seem to be getting worse and worse with each new installment. Gears was always a blast, but Epic has removed FAR too many features with Judgment that it's gotten to the point that I refuse to buy the game as it is/new. handssss

- No horde mode - No beast mode, -No Execution -No Warzone -No KOTH -No Annex -No Guardian -NO DBNO -No Executions -No playable Locusts outside of Overrun mode (Competitive MP is now Cogs in bright blue armor vs Cogs in bright red armor) - Have to choose between spawning with a rifle or a shotgun -Everyone spawns with grenades -Retro and Sawed Off still in the game. Sawed off gets to fire twice before reloading now -TDM now has no life pool and instead counts to a set number. This means no more clutching. -Only 4 MP modes (Overrun, FFA, Domination, and TDM) -No option for classic control scheme There's probably a lot more, but this is all off the top of my head. All confirmed by Epic themselves via their own podcasts. Just go see for yourself. Their official forums are constantly exploding.

Most of those things are being replaced with something better. And horde mode wasn't comfirmed to be removed, it was an idea. Horde mode and Beast mode are being merged to create Overrun.

#94 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -

[QUOTE="handssss"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

HyperWarlock

Most of those things are being replaced with something better. And horde mode wasn't comfirmed to be removed, it was an idea. Horde mode and Beast mode are being merged to create Overrun.

most of those things were replaced by either nothing at all or generic crap straight out of call of duty. and no, overrun is not just horde+beast put together. it's about locust guarding e-holes and it's class-based PvP. beast mode was only locust classes and a time attack mode while Horde mode was just a survival gametype with fortifications.
#95 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

I can no longer sleep at night, i am more worried about that than anything in this life

#96 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

It will be. I'd bet my left nut on it. LOL

#97 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

Maybe they'll call it the Xbox Kinect 720?

#98 Posted by lagreendown (1612 posts) -
Pleaseee Microsoft no gimmicks I just want a dedicated console with updated specs and a controller! And NO peps I don't want a PC neither so don't bother suggesting that too me..
#99 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

Thing is, there are few alternatives.

If PS4 is as bad as PS3 was, with crap online, crap controller, broken multiplats, no QA, some people might decide "hey I don't like Kinect but the 720 is the only competent console."

This gen pretty much nothing was worth having but 360 and/or a PC.

PS3 wasn't worth owning.

Wii had limited appeal and alot of fraudulent marketing about making kids exercise.

For next gen

WiiU we already know isn't worth owning.

720 if it focus on Kinect won't be worth owning.

PS4 if it has tablet controller and lock used games, plus they have a track record of being incompetent, won't be worth owning.

All we will have left is PC gaming.

#100 Posted by OhSnapitz (18107 posts) -

It will be. I'd bet my left nut on it. LOL

clr84651
You have nuts?!? :lol: