lemmings said wait for e3 when asked about 09's exclusives...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karsa-orlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 karsa-orlong
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

its funny how everyone was saying since ms is so hush hush there e3 would be insane and yet only forza 3 + halo odst + splinter cell(might go to pc or already did not sure) for 09 exclusives as compared to ratchet and clank/uncharted 2/mag/demons soul/white knight chronicles/fat princess(PSN). so unless all ms exclusives go AAAE and none of the ps3's do with a 2 AAAE(PS3) lead vs 3 AE(360). ps3 seems to be the console with better games this year.

furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

its funny how everyone was saying since ms is so hush hush there e3 would be insane and yet only forza 3 + halo odst + splinter cell(might go to pc or already did not sure) for 09 exclusives as compared to ratchet and clank/uncharted 2/mag/demons soul/white knight chronicles/fat princess(PSN). so unless all ms exclusives go AAAE and none of the ps3's do with a 2 AAAE(PS3) lead vs 3 AE(360). ps3 seems to be the console with better games this year.

karsa-orlong

I agree totally.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

karsa-orlong

You forgot A.B.P., Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead and M$ hasn't even show Rare, Mystwalker or Lionhead Studio's games yet. Some stuff may get shown at the TGS. What was shown is enough to own the holidays. Left 4 Dead and Halo 3 is still selling better then any of the PS3 exclusives right now.

On the PS3 side, GoW3 and GT5 won't come out until next year. So you got Uncharted 2, M.A.G., Ratchet & Clank and While Knight chronicles. None of these games will sell PS3, not like Halo ODST will do. Sony better get a price cut before the holidays.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

How can you hate lemmings....

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

XanderZane

You forgot A.B.P., Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead and M$ hasn't even show Rare, Mystwalker or Lionhead Studio's games yet. Some stuff may get shown at the TGS. What was shown is enough to own the holidays. Left 4 Dead and Halo 3 is still selling better then any of the PS3 exclusives right now.

On the PS3 side, GoW3 and GT5 won't come out until next year. So you got Uncharted 2, M.A.G., Ratchet & Clank and While Knight chronicles. None of these games will sell PS3, not like Halo ODST will do. Sony better get a price cut before the holidays.

I thought someone posted a link saying APB was now PC only, even if not, its not an exclusive? Alan Wake, L4D2 arent exclusive. And unfortunately sales are meaningless in SW or Wii would be the greatest console ever.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#6 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

How can you hate lemmings....

Lethalhazard

holy crap that thing is tiny!

seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

karsa-orlong
I got one word for you. Natal.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
holy crap that thing is tiny!zarshack
yes they are tiny little bastards, i've seen 'em in Alaska
therealnerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 therealnerdd
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts
I'm pretty sure mistwalker is done with 360 after sakaguchi cancel Cry On. Looks like to me sakaguchi will be focusing on handlheld this generation.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

karsa-orlong
the 2 halo games will outsell all of SONYS exclusives combined, and the only really great SONY exclusive you mentioned is UNCHARTED 2 IMO, isn't it cows who are always saying quality is better than quantity, and every single MS exclusive is from a proven quality franchise, and what about games like left4dead 2 and alan wake that won't see the light of day on ps3, and don't you think you are being a bit premature, wait until you see what SONY actually has on offer and how long you will have to wait to see there games before you comment on who had the better press conference, it's too early to try and claim ownage against lemmings
therealnerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 therealnerdd
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts
[QUOTE="seeker512"] I got one word for you. Natal.

Somebody is looking forward to shed some pounds.
karsa-orlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 karsa-orlong

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

XanderZane

those games are 2010. i was referring to all the "360 has no exclusives for 09" threads a couple of months ago and lemmings kept saying wait for e3. also when you talk about sales...if you read my post it says console with better games this year...not that it will outsell 360. sure, it'd be nice if more people bought ps3's but id rather be playing better games now than hoping the company i bought my product "owns" its competition. 360's 2010 does look pretty damn good though.

ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts

Some games will come to PC BUT they wont be on the ps3 or nintendo wii. So in the debate of ps3 vs 360, those games means alot. Ps3 owners wont play alan wake on their ps3, they wont playL4D on their ps3. Its stupid when cow points out they are multiplat in threads aboute the 360 vs ps3 like they usually do. So you basically need a ps3 AND a decent computer to compete against the 360. That should tell you how great 360 really is.

karsa-orlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 karsa-orlong

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

delta3074

the 2 halo games will outsell all of SONYS exclusives combined, and the only really great SONY exclusive you mentioned is UNCHARTED 2 IMO, isn't it cows who are always saying quality is better than quantity, and every single MS exclusive is from a proven quality franchise, and what about games like left4dead 2 and alan wake that won't see the light of day on ps3, and don't you think you are being a bit premature, wait until you see what SONY actually has on offer and how long you will have to wait to see there games before you comment on who had the better press conference, it's too early to try and claim ownage against lemmings

wasnt talking about who won e3. just remembered that lemmings were saying wait for e3 when asked about their 09 exclusive line up and thought i should point it out.

pppjjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pppjjj
Member since 2004 • 1094 Posts

Yea 09 is a bit of a letdown for Microsoft. Every console have there ups and downs cant win them all.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
You listed 3 to 6, added a PSN title to PS3 and left out all XBLA games, not to mention you left off some MS games. Perhaps both consoles have good upcoming line ups?
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="XanderZane"]

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

II_Seraphim_II

I thought someone posted a link saying APB was now PC only, even if not, its not an exclusive? Alan Wake, L4D2 arent exclusive. And unfortunately sales are meaningless in SW or Wii would be the greatest console ever.

They still can't be played on the PS3. :)
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

[QUOTE="seeker512"] I got one word for you. Natal.therealnerdd
Somebody is looking forward to shed some pounds.

:D that was awesome :D

I must admit besides the usual Halo game, Forza and now Splinter Cell and Crackdown2 I was not impressed for those to be the only games mentioned at their conference. If they have more then this was the time to show it off but oh well.

On a side note, what makes so many people in here think that PS3 owners don't have a PC to play games on?

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

karsa-orlong

id take splinter cell conviction over any ps3 game :)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpruceCaboose

On a side note, what makes so many people in here think that PS3 owners don't have a PC to play games on?

hiryu3
Why do so many assume that people do? It works both ways. Seems like some people have gaming PCs when they want to discount the 360, yet no longer have gaming PCs when they bash PC gaming.
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

XanderZane

You just mentioned more multiplats. Alan Wake, L4D etc. are all multiplatform.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpruceCaboose
You just mentioned more multiplats. Alan Wake, L4D etc. are all multiplatform.metalgear-solid
Couldn't they be called "Microsoft family exclusive", to steal a dumb SW idea?
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Some games will come to PC BUT they wont be on the ps3 or nintendo wii. So in the debate of ps3 vs 360, those games means alot. Ps3 owners wont play alan wake on their ps3, they wont playL4D on their ps3. Its stupid when cow points out they are multiplat in threads aboute the 360 vs ps3 like they usually do. So you basically need a ps3 AND a decent computer to compete against the 360. That should tell you how great 360 really is.

ps3weee
No just no, you cant bend the rules to your own beneficial. Games that's on the PC AND the Xbox 360 are not considered exclusive. In that case one could just buy a PC and a PS3, the person wont be playing the games on the PS3 but instead on the PC. So in that regard I'm guessing PC/PS3>Xbox/PC or am i wrong? atleast you'll be having more games to play in that way. The same thing also happend to MLB the show 09, it's NOT a PS3 exclusive since the same game is also on the PS2. That's how system wars work as far as I'm concerned.
karsa-orlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 karsa-orlong

You listed 3 to 6, added a PSN title to PS3 and left out all XBLA games, not to mention you left off some MS games. Perhaps both consoles have good upcoming line ups?SpruceCaboose

i didnt know 360 had any more titles for 09 and i added fat princess because it looks really fun and seems to be pretty hyped for a psn game. are there any hyped xbla games coming out soon?

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#28 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

And we did get some great exclusives like Forza 3, Halo REACH and Splinter Cell Conviction.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You listed 3 to 6, added a PSN title to PS3 and left out all XBLA games, not to mention you left off some MS games. Perhaps both consoles have good upcoming line ups?karsa-orlong

i didnt know 360 had any more titles for 09 and i added fat princess because it looks really fun and seems to be pretty hyped for a psn game. are there any hyped xbla games coming out soon?

You are asking the wrong person, as I am still working on older games for all the systems ATM. But I thought people tended to discount non-retail games. I mean, they did when Geometry Wars and Braid were brought up in the past, as well as WipEout HD, Lost Winds, etc.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

Halo ODST, Forza 3 and SC:C are supposed to come this year.

Yeah, not as big as the list of PS3 exclusives, but those three look pretty damn sweet.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

XanderZane

PC, PC, PC, PC. Now what?

ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="ps3weee"]

No just no, you cant bend the rules to your own beneficial. Games that's on the PC AND the Xbox 360 are not considered exclusive. In that case one could just buy a PC and a PS3, the person wont be playing the games on the PS3 but instead on the PC. So in that regard I'm guessing PC/PS3>Xbox/PC or am i wrong? atleast you'll be having more games to play in that way. The same thing also happend to MLB the show 09, it's NOT a PS3 exclusive since the same game is also on the PS2. That's how system wars work as far as I'm concerned.

Im not saying they are 360 exclusives, I said that in a debate of ps3 vs 360 those games means alot becouse they are not on the ps3. You cant have a debate of ps3 vs 360 and then bring in PC games into your argument. If you do that its Ps3 AND PC vs 360.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="ps3weee"]

ps3weee

Im not saying they are 360 exclusives, I said that in a debate of ps3 vs 360 those games means alot becouse they are not on the ps3. You cant have a debate of ps3 vs 360 and then bring in PC games into your argument. If you do that its Ps3 AND PC vs 360.

Then don't bring PC/360 games to the discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Then don't bring PC/360 games to the discussion.rogerjak
Why not? His argument made perfect sense. The TC said:
ps3 seems to be the console with better games this year.karsa-orlong
The title mention exclusives, but the discussion seem to be about which has a better line-up.
siggy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 siggy3
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

fat princess(PSN)

karsa-orlong

If you're gonna include downloadable games you need to include them in the 360's list too.

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts
I see many still try to hide behind the PC argument. Fact is 360 is the only CONSOLE you can play those gams on. If I wanted to PC game I wouldn't have bought a console. Only games I'll buy on PC are games that are inherently better on the PC...and for ME that's RTS games that are designed for PC (starcraft 2).
Nokanhav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nokanhav
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

Alan Wake alone pwns the PS3.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="hiryu3"]

Why do so many assume that people do? It works both ways. Seems like some people have gaming PCs when they want to discount the 360, yet no longer have gaming PCs when they bash PC gaming.

Your right it does go both ways, 360 fans ignore the PC and Wii because it's convienient and only care about the Wii's sales when using it to show how Nintendo has taking over Japan. As for counting the PC, in SW thats the rule, PC counts as a system so Sony fanboys "counting" the PC or bringing it up when dismissing these so called exclusive is actually the policy, while ignoring the PC to pad the exclusive list is not. Either way I hope after this E3 people have finally realized that MS like all the companies announce games well ahead of time and don't pump out a ton of secret exclusives in the same year they announce them. How many GDC's and E3's has Alan Wake been through??
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

HALO ODST
HALO REACH
Splinter Cell Conviction
Forza 3
SHADOW COMPLEX
CRACKDOWN 2

Oh and Alan Wake, and Left 4 Dead 2.... can they be played on the PS3 or Wii? NOPE! sure you can play them on your PC.... but I fail to see how this is any sort of ownage for PS3 fanboys.... those are 2 HOT HOT games that they can't play on their machine of choice.

And we haven't even heard what Lionhead & Rare are working on for this and next year.

Oh and if I really wanted to make this short all I need to say is.....

NATAL!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

seeker512
I got one word for you. Natal.

I got another thing for you probably over 150 dollars
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

Alan Wake alone pwns the PS3.

Nokanhav

QFT... sure Uncharted2 looks good..... but sry fanboys.... Alan Wake is simply amazing.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

HALO ODST
HALO REACH
Splinter Cell Conviction
Forza 3
SHADOW COMPLEX
CRACKDOWN 2

Oh and Alan Wake, and Left 4 Dead 2.... can they be played on the PS3 or Wii? NOPE! sure you can play them on your PC.... but I fail to see how this is any sort of ownage for PS3 fanboys.... those are 2 HOT HOT games that they can't play on their machine of choice.

And we haven't even heard what Lionhead & Rare are working on for this and next year.

NATAL!

whatisazerg

well I can see the logic on the cows not being able to play it. You can definitely put it in a list of games PS3 doesnt have. But their all multiplat, I also feel like thye really set up alot for 2010. But am I so excited for ODST Conviction Alwan Wake and L4D 2

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

HALO ODST
HALO REACH
Splinter Cell Conviction
Forza 3
SHADOW COMPLEX
CRACKDOWN 2

NATAL!

whatisazerg

The point the TC was making was that MS fanboys expected a huge E3 with lots of ownage since MS was so "secret". They hyped up possibilities for amazing secret exclusives for 09 and all they got was a very small list of already known 09 possibilities and a handfull of multiplats. So I guess the lack of "ownage" for MS's E3 is the ownage. You can't brag about a game you share with PC gamers, that just looks desperate.

speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

Yet another cow soley comparing the PS3 to the 360 but bringing the PC into the argument when they need to discredit a bunch of 360 games. Can the PS3 not compete on its own without the PC these days?

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

Yet another cow soley comparing the PS3 to the 360 but bringing the PC into the argument when they need to discredit a bunch of 360 games. Can the PS3 not compete on its own without the PC these days?

speedsix
This always happens with the "Not on PS3" games, then the PS3 fanboys bash the PC even harder becuase it has better graphics :?
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

HALO ODST
HALO REACH
Splinter Cell Conviction
Forza 3
SHADOW COMPLEX
CRACKDOWN 2

NATAL!

Javy03

The point the TC was making was that MS fanboys expected a huge E3 with lots of ownage since MS was so "secret". They hyped up possibilities for amazing secret exclusives for 09 and all they got was a very small list of already known 09 possibilities and a handfull of multiplats. So I guess the lack of "ownage" for MS's E3 is the ownage. You can't brag about a game you share with PC gamers, that just looks desperate.

I swear some pepole watched a different E3 to me. I know theres a ton of fanboys in here trying to play it down but bugger me theres a lot of them coming out the woodwork.

Natal just punched Nintendo in the face and if it gets the support it deserves will prove to be very awesome. It's already shown it's superior to the wii remote.

They announced a new crackdown, which is the greatest sandbox game this gen.

Halo ODST which is going to blow everything and i mean everything this year out of the water Sony has *nothing* to compete against it.

Forza 3, which is proving to be far superior to the non-existant GT series that we're all STILL waiting on.

Then you've got the Sky deal which, coming from someone who lives in the UK i KNOW what a big thing that's going to be. More movies, free music.

I can keep this going on if you'd like? Yes Sony might show more games. But they wont show anything like Natal, they wont announce any major deals like the Sky deal and they wont have any game in there line up as big as Halo.

Microsoft has won. Unless Nintendo can pull a Mario out the hat it's done. Over. Finished. Downplay it all you like.