Legend of Legaia ~ One of the greatest one of a kind RPGs ever made?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Liquid_ (2434 posts) 8 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Legend of Legaia ~ One of the greatest one of a kind RPGs ever made? (13 votes)

Yes 46%
No 15%
Never played/heard of it 23%
Blog it 15%

Many of you probably haven't played this PS1 classic, probably my favorite all time single player game.

Not sure what happened to the company who made this, but the battle system was THE best system for any RPG ever released.

Story was interesting, kept emotions involved throughout the endgame.

Would love if a company took this game and re-made it, and not that crap that was released years later on the PS2.

#1 Edited by GreySeal9 (24054 posts) -

lol no. Good game, but not even close to being one of the best. Art design wasn't nearly as strong as the best looking RPGs on PS1, the only stand out character was Noa, the battle system---while innovative and unique---could really drag at times, dungeon design was decent but not great, and it took too long to grind for money to buy new equipment (and the battle system made grinding a chore).

I would welcome a new Legaia game tho.

#2 Edited by Liquid_ (2434 posts) -

lol no. Good game, but not even close to being one of the best. Art design wasn't nearly as strong as the best looking RPGs on PS1, the only stand out character was Noa, the battle system---while innovative and unique---could really drag at times, dungeon design was decent but not great, and it took too long to grind for money to buy new equipment (and the battle system made grinding a chore).

I would welcome a new Legaia game tho.

If it weren't for the fun factor in the battle system, I could see grinding being a concern..but it wasn't for me.

Characters, story and the graphics while not as good as they could have been, but we all know how graphics weren't a main concern as they are now.

Surprised some people on here actually played it.

#3 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7498 posts) -

One of my favorite PS1 RPGs. Legaia 2 Duel Saga wasn't as good on the PS2 though. Too bad the studio is no longer around. Sony does own the IP though so hopefully they do something with it someday.

#4 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I played that game a couple times back in the day but never finished. I also never really started Legend of Dragoon. It's on my to do list though (seriously).

#5 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26315 posts) -

I beat that game and from what I recall it was pretty fun.I started my the ps2 sequel or watever it was but data was deleted and didint want to play all of it again.

#6 Posted by 06 (923 posts) -

Loved it on the original playstation, but why isn't this on psn? Legend of dragoon, all psx ff are on it, wild arms 1 and 2 and so many more great RPGs are on it, don't know why this one is MIA.

#7 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23500 posts) -

i don't think it was anywhere close to greatest anything but i did like the cool little battle system they had.

strangely enough legend of legaia is probably one of the last j-rpgs i ever played.

by the time it came out i had played hundreds of them and had just about had enough.

i bet i have not even played more than 6 or 7 since i played that game.