Leaked List of PS4 Announcements Includes TLG, GT7

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

Industry insider Adam Rasheed, known to many by his now infamous handle thuway, has just revealed a list of what are allegedly upcoming reveals and announcements for PlayStation 4 on his Twitter.

“Whatever is happening behind the scenes, it’s got people excited.

Things to look forward to:

1. Drive Club updated footage
  2. PS4 VR + SSM [Sony Santa Monica] New IP
  3. UC 4 [Uncharted 4]
  4. Guerilla new IP
  5. UC4
  6. The Last Guardian

And yes, UC4 was posted twice on purpose.

The future for PS4oh so good.

GT7 Prologue was left out intentionally.

OK I’m gonna get angry pms now :(, but thats all I’ll say,” he said over a series of tweets.

The list is pretty intriguing. We have been hearing about a new IP in the works at Sony Santa Monica, and one at Guerilla, so those don’t sound so outlandish. But why the double mention of Uncharted 4? What is this about a Gran Turismo 7 Prologue (seriously, did Polyphony not get enough of that fiasco the first time around?) and The Last Guardian on PlayStation 4 (which it is likely to be moved to, but still remains a fanboy fueled rumor)?

As with all thuway leaks, take this with a pinch of salt (as are we), but keep an eye out in the coming months.

SOURCE

Honestly, yes, that does look almost like a fanboy's wet dream, but a whole lot of it also feels just obvious. Nevertheless, it seems supremely exciting, and I would buy a lot of those titles.

#2 Posted by Couth_ (9907 posts) -

The only leak there is GT7P, which he left out of the things to look forward to. Implying it doesn't look impressive?

#3 Posted by Evo_nine (1558 posts) -

#4 Edited by KratosYOLOSwag (306 posts) -

I wouldn't call this much of a leak. We're kinda expecting most of these. Still sounds great.

#5 Posted by NFJSupreme (5007 posts) -

I'm only interested in the new IPs. I know what to expect from those other games. Either way my hand is on the trigger. A new PS4 will most likely be bought this year.

#6 Posted by lhughey (4221 posts) -

The question is how many of them are scheduled for release this year. I know Drive Club is, but are any others? I'm not sure what Sony has up their sleeve for holiday 2014, but one of them have to be slated for that time.

#7 Posted by Heil68 (42422 posts) -

More gaming than ever, SONY and the illustrious PS4. :D

#8 Edited by GamingGod999 (2890 posts) -

Obvious predictions at best.

EDIT: Lol at The Last Guardian being mentioned; that game is never gonna see the light of day.

#9 Posted by I_can_haz (6359 posts) -

I can't wait!!!

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38110 posts) -

SSM + PS4 VR? that's most curious

#11 Posted by Sushiglutton (5164 posts) -

Sony VR and Santa Monica's new IP are mentioned as the same point, interesting...

#12 Posted by MonsieurX (28410 posts) -

GT 7 :Prologue?

Cows paying to beta test their game again?

#13 Posted by super600 (29827 posts) -

I hope the gt dev team learned there lesson and actually produce a better gt game.

#14 Posted by V3rciS (2207 posts) -

I'm wondering what the new IP by Santa Monica will be, also excited about UC4

#15 Edited by foxhound_fox (86572 posts) -

The Last Guardian better be coming out on PS3, or I'm going to be fucking pissed.

Although, I'm glad I didn't buy a PS3 when they first released the E3 trailer.

#16 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

LMFAO!!! You cows gonna fall for that trash GT7 Prologue again LOL GT is so dead half baked cars no cockpit view LOL PD is a joke now worst AI in a racer. Yeah that's some funny shit.

#17 Posted by Shielder7 (4380 posts) -

Industry insider Adam Rasheed, known to many by his now infamous handle thuway, has just revealed a list of what are allegedly upcoming reveals and announcements for PlayStation 4 on his Twitter.

“Whatever is happening behind the scenes, it’s got people excited.

Things to look forward to:

1. Drive Club updated footage
  2. PS4 VR + SSM [Sony Santa Monica] New IP
  3. UC 4 [Uncharted 4]
  4. Guerilla new IP
  5. UC4
  6. The Last Guardian

And yes, UC4 was posted twice on purpose.

The future for PS4oh so good.

GT7 Prologue was left out intentionally.

OK I’m gonna get angry pms now :(, but thats all I’ll say,” he said over a series of tweets.

The list is pretty intriguing. We have been hearing about a new IP in the works at Sony Santa Monica, and one at Guerilla, so those don’t sound so outlandish. But why the double mention of Uncharted 4? What is this about a Gran Turismo 7 Prologue (seriously, did Polyphony not get enough of that fiasco the first time around?) and The Last Guardian on PlayStation 4 (which it is likely to be moved to, but still remains a fanboy fueled rumor)?

As with all thuway leaks, take this with a pinch of salt (as are we), but keep an eye out in the coming months.

SOURCE

Honestly, yes, that does look almost like a fanboy's wet dream, but a whole lot of it also feels just obvious. Nevertheless, it seems supremely exciting, and I would buy a lot of those titles.

That list actually seems kinda lack luster...........

Wake me up when they make a new Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls 2, GOW or HS game.

#18 Edited by bobbetybob (19075 posts) -

SSM + PS4 VR? that's most curious

Weird choice I thought. Doesn't it need to be a first person game for VR to really makes sense? The last thing Sony needs is another shooter in their roster, hopefully they'd realise that and make something unique.

That is of course if any of this is true. That seems like the one crazy point that he can get away with by saying "oh my source was wrong there" when the rest of the super likely games end up being true.

#19 Edited by super600 (29827 posts) -

The Last Guardian better be coming out on PS3, or I'm going to be fucking pissed.

I don;t think it will release for the PS3. The game was way to demanding for that console the last time I read something about that game.

#20 Posted by MonsieurX (28410 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

LMFAO!!! You cows gonna fall for that trash GT7 Prologue again LOL GT is so dead half baked cars no cockpit view LOL PD is a joke now worst AI in a racer. Yeah that's some funny shit.

#21 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12628 posts) -

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

I hope the gt dev team learned there lesson and actually produce a better gt game.

Well they already did that with GT 6.

#22 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

GT6 was almost more disappointing than GT5

#23 Edited by super600 (29827 posts) -

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Gt6 is actually worse than GT5.Most sites gave that game a lower score than gt5.

#24 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12628 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

You have to be joking.

#25 Edited by MonsieurX (28410 posts) -

@super600 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Gt6 is actually worse than GT5.Most sites gave that game a lower score than gt5.

Went downhill after 3

#26 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9187 posts) -
More first party games from Sony?

#27 Posted by Couth_ (9907 posts) -

@super600 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

While they gave it a lower score, no one thinks its WORSE. No one ever said that. It IMPROVED on GT5 in almost every way

Lawd hamercy how can you be a mod on a gaming site and be naive enough to think scores alone tell that much about the two games

#28 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

You have to be joking.

Not really.

At least GT5 after all the patches and shit was a halfway competent fun game.

GT6 was just... bland.

#29 Edited by GamingGod999 (2890 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Because Forza 5 is just brimming with content and features, amirite?

Turn 10 may as well have followed PD's strategy, labelling their glorified demo as a prologue entry (at a discounted price, obviously).

#30 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12628 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@super600 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

While they gave it a lower score, no one thinks its WORSE. No one ever said that. It IMPROVED on GT5 in almost every way

Lawd hamercy how can you be a mod on a gaming site and be naive enough to think scores alone tell that much about the two games

Charizard thinks it's worse apparently. So does Super.

So yes, it's the worst of the GT games.

#31 Edited by foxhound_fox (86572 posts) -

@super600 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I don;t think it will release for the PS3. The game was way to demanding for that console the last time I read something about that game.

Care to link? Ueda and his team were in love with what the PS3 was capable of in late 2011 (when the ICO/SOTC collection released with the documentaries about it's development and their future). I highly doubt it had anything to do with the power of the PS3 and more the blank cheque and indefinite deadline Team ICO got from Sony that allowed them to waste time rebuilding the game from scratch several times because they were unhappy with how it was looking.

#32 Posted by super600 (29827 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@super600 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Scores are not the only thing that matter, but the scores might have influenced whatever happened to that game in terms of sales when it launched.No one cares that much about gt6 anyway. The game got killed by the next gen hype and the quality of gt5. I really don't want to derail this thread by talking about gt6.

#33 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12628 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Couth_ said:

@super600 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Scores are not the only thing that matter, but the scores might have influenced whatever happened to that game in terms of sales when it launched.No one cares that much about gt6 anyway. The game got killed by the next gen hype and the quality of gt5. I really don't want to derail this thread by talking about gt6.

You already did. What a terrible mod...

#34 Posted by foxhound_fox (86572 posts) -

Went downhill after 3

Amen.

GT3 was the pinnacle of what Polyphony envisioned for the genre with what tools they had to achieve it at the time.

GT4 started the trend towards cramming as much shit into the game as they could rather than focusing on the experience of driving itself.

#35 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@super600 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@MonsieurX said:

yet I bet everyone of those sites rated forza 5 higher,

despite having downgraded graphics,

less tracks and cars,

fuck even gamespot never said one WORD about microtransactions in their review of forza 5,

metacritic rated gt6 over f5,

so it cant be that bad

#36 Edited by super600 (29827 posts) -

@super600 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Care to link? Ueda and his team were in love with what the PS3 was capable of in late 2011 (when the ICO/SOTC collection released with the documentaries about it's development and their future). I highly doubt it had anything to do with the power of the PS3 and more the blank cheque and indefinite deadline Team ICO got from Sony that allowed them to waste time rebuilding the game from scratch several times because they were unhappy with how it was looking.

Here's a link mentioning that it was reengineered for the PS4.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/the_last_guardian/news/the_last_guardian_being_re-engineered_for_ps4.html

And here is a rather old article talking about the technical issues that plauged that game on the ps3.The technical issues probably forced them to move the game to the PS4.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/08/15/the-last-guardian-team-solving-technical-issues-still-in-development-for-ps3/

#37 Posted by Shielder7 (4380 posts) -

fuck even gamespot never said one WORD about microtransactions in their review of forza 5,

Because if they did GameSpot wouldn't have gotten their 3$

#38 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I got a schaweet deal on a PS4 so I'm ready.

#39 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@killatwill15 said:

Because if they did GameSpot wouldn't have gotten their 3$

but they mentioned in their gt6 review,

I bet that everyone of those reviews from those sites,

mention microtransactions,

biased abound

#40 Edited by Couth_ (9907 posts) -

@super600 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@super600 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/the_last_guardian/news/the_last_guardian_being_re-engineered_for_ps4.html

And here is a rather old article talking about the technical issues that plauged that game on the ps3.The technical issues probably forced them to move the game to the PS4.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/08/15/the-last-guardian-team-solving-technical-issues-still-in-development-for-ps3/

Also just as an observation that I don't think gets looked into very much. Team ICO is just a small design team within Sony Japan Studio. Sony Japan Studio are the actual programmers and coders. They were probably not on even footing last gen... For Ueda and team ICO to say they are technically impressed doesn't mean much. They are just the artists and story writers

#41 Edited by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Awesome, dude! So you already have one?

#42 Edited by foxhound_fox (86572 posts) -

@super600 said:

And this is why I'm beginning to really dislike Sony as a company.

#43 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12628 posts) -

@super600 said:

And this is why I'm beginning to really dislike Sony as a company.

#44 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@mrintro said:

It shall be here Friday :)

#45 Edited by Slashkice (12970 posts) -

No surprises there, but it's real good to see more evidence pointing towards the PS4 for The Last Guardian.

#46 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (902 posts) -

That's nice and all, but what about sony london, will there ever be another getaway..

Getaway black monday was the shit.

#47 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@charizard1605 said:

@mrintro said:

It shall be here Friday :)

Congratulations! Have fun xD

#48 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (902 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

The only leak there is GT7P, which he left out of the things to look forward to. Implying it doesn't look impressive?

Nah

#49 Posted by cainetao11 (15527 posts) -

Guerilla and SSM new ips are whats got me.

#50 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@charizard1605: thx, I think I'm done with my console purchases lol but I will say Titanfall was awesome on the x1 when I played it