LBP creativity has no end.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

#2 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

"Coding" in LBP is more difficult than coding in real life.

#4 Edited by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

@Desmonic: LBP, in create mode, uses operations that function the same as common codes. AND, OR, NOT operations. The hard part is creating the object to have a tag and receiver that has synergy with the operations. For that reason creating sprite games are much more flexible and easier. So I give the person who made this a lot of credit.

#5 Posted by Ghost120x (3909 posts) -

LBP vita amazes me every time I play. I really need to get back to playing it.

#6 Posted by lostrib (37521 posts) -

I'm not sure copying someone else's work really counts as creativity

#8 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3824 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@bbkkristian: Really? That's pretty cool actually. I honestly just assumed it was a "deep" map editor, nothing more. Though I did find it odd how some of those levels managed to be created without changing the "rules" of the regular LBP gameplay :P

The more you know!

He's still being overly dramatic though ;)

#9 Edited by cainetao11 (17698 posts) -

I tried. I downloaded it when it was on ps+ one month. I couldn't get into it.

#10 Edited by Kashiwaba (7407 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I'm not sure copying someone else's work really counts as creativity

Considering that he is doing it on LBP then believe me this guy deserves a lot of credit maybe not for creativity but for hard working making this copy on LBP probably took him 20X the time and effort which took the original creator on smartphones.

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (88658 posts) -

This kind of work seems like it might be better applied in actual game development rather than "playing" LBP.

#12 Posted by tdkmillsy (1399 posts) -

Project Spark is the new king of creativity.

#13 Posted by nyzma23 (929 posts) -

wait till you get project spark

#14 Edited by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

@Desmonic: hah, I meant creating sprite games on unity :) my bad. If you don't understand, I meant: "for that reason creating sprite games on game engines such as unity is much more flexible and easier" that should make more sense.

#15 Posted by ButDuuude (475 posts) -

#16 Posted by hiphops_savior (7939 posts) -

Too bad all of the creativity is used to cover up shoddy foundations and poor coding.

#17 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

Wasn't this also recreated on DSi with Petit Computer?

#18 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

@ButDuuude: That looks pretty good

#19 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

I go in the lpb community about once a week to check for new content that's been created. I'm surprised that players still turning stuff out.

#20 Posted by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -

see, Vita has "games"

#21 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9960 posts) -

Ha that's freakin awesome, I should really go back and play some of these community built levels.

#22 Posted by m_machine024 (15017 posts) -

I did not know people could do all that stuff in LBP. 0___0 Not sure they make it work but it's sick!

#23 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

wait till you get project spark

another MS copy. Unfortunate that xbox community is not as creative and intelligent as playstation, most of game will be copy and paste of LBP. We already saw this in trailer.

#25 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8147 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi: I don't think that is a fact. Plus you don't need intelligence to be creative.