Layoffs hit Rare following Kinect Sports Rivals flop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

bu bu bu MS must be in dire circumstances, right @shawn30, with all these people leaving MS studios.

How did MS's 10-K compare to Sony's? Oh yeah....

Must not of been good with all these layoffs MS is experiencing. Do you recommend canceling Halo 5 pre-orders as well?

MS made $5.56 billion profit on their last 10K, if they are laying people off, it's not because of lack of money.,, unlike Sony.

Here's that same idea again. Which layoffs are directly related to Sony's lack of money?

Companies who are financially strapped lay people off.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

MS going bankrupt confirmed. Lems already told us that only companies going bankrupt layoff employees.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@kingtito said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

bu bu bu MS must be in dire circumstances, right @shawn30, with all these people leaving MS studios.

MS is dire straights does not exist, lol. The difference in reference to the PS4 deb layoffs came from devs with successful games, and taking into account Sony's sad financial state. This sucks for those who lost their job at Rare, but the reality is the game flopped, hence the layoffs. Never anything funny about layoffs no matter where it comes from, but maybe the silver lining for gamers is Rare returning to core projects.

You're asking way to much of cows to discern the difference between the 2 layoffs.

Yeah. If I worked for a dev, and our recent games reviewed and sold well, and my dev has a number of firings and resignations, and the parent company is doing extremely bad financially, that means there may be (not for certain) may be tied into more than just people changing jobs, taking a break or retiring. Especially when a number of them happen within weeks of each other, all from exclusive devs to the parent company going broke. Doesn't mean all of them are connected. But to think some aren't is naive IMHO.

When a dev has a game flop, in this day and age, that dev will see layoffs. Nature of gaming in 2014.

Halo 4 sold how many copies? All those people left 343. I'm concerned for MS and most definitely 343.

Halo 5 pre order CANCELED,.....CONFIRMED.

I thought Halo 4 sucked so I guess having the person that was in charge of lighting now at Naughty Done is upsetting for you Cows.

But I'm not a cow!!!

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Seems to be a reoccurring theme that at the end of projects people get laid-off. And companies that down size and refocus also lay people off. Well that's shocking.

I don't think either Microsoft or Sony have a lack of funds to spent of profitable projects, obvio9usly they trim the fat. You don't get to be a successful business by throwing money down the drain.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Sounds a lot like Microsoft is going to pull a Google Plus on Kinect. (IE they're getting rid of it.)

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#156  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I wonder why the company still calls itself Rare.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Any dipshit that makes a Kinect game deserves to be canned...so just deserts I say.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Motion controllers have had their day, now it's time to get back to some serious gaming.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

Must not of been good with all these layoffs MS is experiencing. Do you recommend canceling Halo 5 pre-orders as well?

MS made $5.56 billion profit on their last 10K, if they are laying people off, it's not because of lack of money.,, unlike Sony.

Here's that same idea again. Which layoffs are directly related to Sony's lack of money?

You didn't answer my question...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

Cool, how much did their game division contribute?

The XBox section of that division is making a profit. Why can;'t you just read the link?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO. There is no way to tell how much of that is from Xbox because they stuff the numbers in with mobiles and tablets. Silly lemming.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#161 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I wonder why the company still calls itself Rare.

I always wondered that after there best talent left to form Free radical, they where not the same company after that.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By StormyJoe

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

You didn't answer my question...

Do I work at Sony? No, I don't. But, I did take a business class or two. And, when a company is in the red, that company usually lays people off to reduce costs.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

Cool, how much did their game division contribute?

The XBox section of that division is making a profit. Why can;'t you just read the link?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO. There is no way to tell how much of that is from Xbox because they stuff the numbers in with mobiles and tablets. Silly lemming.

Why do you self own? All you had to do was some Google Searches and you would have found articles like this. There are threads all over SW about how the XBox brand is turning a profit every quarter.

A) Just because I defend the XBox One does not mean I am a lemming

B) Before you go making comments like you did, do some quick Google searches first so you don't self own.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Zero_epyon

@StormyJoe: Usually yes. But my question wasn't about how struggling companies typically handle their finances. So let me restate it more clearly.

Which Sony studio layoffs were directly related to Sony's lack of money? When did a studio let go a large number of people because Sony is in the red? I have yet to see anyone answer this question, instead, they make assumptions and assert them as fact in the face of contrary evidence. That's sad...

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@StormyJoe: Usually yes. But my question wasn't about how struggling companies typically handle their finances. So let me restate it more clearly.

Which Sony studio layoffs were directly related to Sony's lack of money? When did a studio let go a large number of people because Sony is in the red? I have yet to see anyone answer this question, instead, they make assumptions and assert them as fact in the face of contrary evidence. That's sad...

What's sad is that no matter how many times people answer your questions, you fail to comprehend it. Over and over and over again. No one has stated flat out that the layoffs or resignations at Sony are 100% because of Sony Corp being in such terrible shape. We have only considered that it's likely had some effect, but that is the opinion of the person speaking and not from a article. No one ever quoted a article in the first place, provided a link, or anything else because we are all discussing our opinions based on what we think may be happening. Its perfectly fine to disagree with someones theory, but please stop continuously asking for something no one said to begin with. The way I think something looks is solely my opinion only, and based on how I have seen things work out. I absolutely could be wrong, same as anyone else.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#166 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Zero_epyon said:

What's sad is that no matter how many times people answer your questions, you fail to comprehend it. Over and over and over again. No one has stated flat out that the layoffs or resignations at Sony are 100% because of Sony Corp being in such terrible shape. We have only considered that it's likely had some effect, but that is the opinion of the person speaking and not from a article. No one ever quoted a article in the first place, provided a link, or anything else because we are all discussing our opinions based on what we think may be happening. Its perfectly fine to disagree with someones theory, but please stop continuously asking for something no one said to begin with. The way I think something looks is solely my opinion only, and based on how I have seen things work out. I absolutely could be wrong, same as anyone else.

No you did.

"Something is happening behind the scenes at Sony and people are getting out. Its not just restructuring cause thee are game writers and directors heading for the hills, not graphic artists and similar smaller roles. I'm not preaching doom is around the corner. But seriously, something is going on that the public isn't aware of yet at Sony."

"but the sheer number of things happening at Sony - game cancellations, numerous game delays, and people at first party devs are COUPLED with Sony's dire financial state and that looks ominous."

"A lot has been going on at Sony in recent weeks and with people leaving, studios closing, mass layoffs and another building being sold maybe behind the scenes things are worse than we though. Just maybe"

"But yeah, that's pretty huge cause this guy is damn good at what he does. Would love to see him end up at MS. Maybe behind the scenes people see the Sony boat sinking in a way we don't. And that's not really a good thing."

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By shawn30

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Zero_epyon said:

No you did.

"Something is happening behind the scenes at Sony and people are getting out. Its not just restructuring cause thee are game writers and directors heading for the hills, not graphic artists and similar smaller roles. I'm not preaching doom is around the corner. But seriously, something is going on that the public isn't aware of yet at Sony."

"but the sheer number of things happening at Sony - game cancellations, numerous game delays, and people at first party devs are COUPLED with Sony's dire financial state and that looks ominous."

"A lot has been going on at Sony in recent weeks and with people leaving, studios closing, mass layoffs and another building being sold maybe behind the scenes things are worse than we though. Just maybe"

"But yeah, that's pretty huge cause this guy is damn good at what he does. Would love to see him end up at MS. Maybe behind the scenes people see the Sony boat sinking in a way we don't. And that's not really a good thing."

Opinions. Jesus, what in the hell is wrong with you? You're one a message board with people discussing opinions. Just say you disagree and be an adult for once. Seriously man, you're coming off delusional.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Animal-Mother

But you did say that these people were leaving because of sonys financials. Also being defensive doesn't help your argument.

Don't be upset because you dug yourself a hole weeks before and are being proven wrong.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Lol at @shawn30: brainwashed posts once again being exposed.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By StormyJoe

@Animal-Mother said:

But you did say that these people were leaving because of sonys financials. Also being defensive doesn't help your argument.

Don't be upset because you dug yourself a hole weeks before and are being proven wrong.

Yeah, but here's the thing that gets me: people like myself and @shawn30 post a comment, and we are immediately attacked buy dozens of cows demanding detailed research notes as if we were making scientific discovery claims to the Nobel Institute; while dozens of cows can make comments that appear to be made by someone who has been lobotomized get a free pass.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#171  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Senor_Kami said:

Rare made a bunch of good games in the N64 era. MS gave them autonomy to make what they wanted and all they did was put out Grabbed by the Ghoulies, remade Conker into a more neutered than even Nintendo demanded, and then tried their damndest to ruin Perfect Dark and Banjo. Viva Pinata was their one shining light and they didn't have their first N64-level hit until MS told them screw whatever you want to do, you're making Kinect games. Now they can't even get that right.

I'm not happy to see people fired but these folk kinda sucked at making video games. They should not be making video games. It's not something they're good at doing.

That's a bit harsh but some what true. With their failures i'm surprised they haven't been fired earlier. But then again it might just be their leader that's screwing the rest of them up.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By shawn30

@Animal-Mother said:

I gave an opinion, which is all any of us do. I'm expressing my opinion, while you continue to act delusional beyond words, lol. I see just how much all of this means to you and how dear Sony is to you... If you are unable to deal with opinions that counter your own and your only option is to ask the same questions and post the same quotes that do not support your claim, it makes you look silly. All of my posts are opinions, same as all of yours and everyone else's. It might be time to leave the net for a bit and gain some perspective. On a gaming forum people give opinions. That's kinda the point.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Animal-Mother

@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Yeah, but here's the thing that gets me: people like myself and @shawn30 post a comment, and we are immediately attacked buy dozens of cows demanding detailed research notes as if we were making scientific discovery claims to the Nobel Institute; while dozens of cows can make comments that appear to be made by someone who has been lobotomized get a free pass.

Trust me they're idiots too, I think the lems are a bit more respectable ( not calling you a lem but Shawns stance is clear) that I can at least have a little bit of an intelligent discussion.

I don't even bother with the cows because they're too dense. And i'm willing to admit i'm as stubborn as a bull sometimes and very adamant about my positions. But if you say something just own up to it.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 shawn30
@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Yeah, the people posting about our opinions have been strangely obsessive, lol. Its the net though, so what are you gonna do :)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Animal-Mother

@shawn30: but your posts say people left because of financials opinion or not you said it. And then go on to say you didnt when you clearly have as proved above.

And there you go bringing fanboy bs into it, i could give a shit less about either company as long as im happy as a consumer.

So you can sit here and be in denial or you can be an adult and own up to what you said

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@shawn30 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Yeah, the people posting about our opinions have been strangely obsessive, lol. Its the net though, so what are you gonna do :)

According to your opinions, cancel Halo 5 pre-order. I'll do it tonight. :)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

some people need to learn about the difference between an opinion and a fact clearly

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 shawn30

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@Animal-Mother said:

According to your opinions, cancel Halo 5 pre-order. I'll do it tonight. :)

Lol, don't you dare. MS needs all the sales it can get :)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This is the Spencer era. What isn't needed will go. What is needed will come.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Animal-Mother

@FoxbatAlpha said:

But my question to you is all these things that made the one so pivotal last E3 are now being slashed and burned at the drop of a hat.

How does that make you feel? I mean sure the original vision was a little obtuse, but these were supposed to be core
functions/features of the system. How do you feel as a consumer of the product that MS is reversing every switch it flipped?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Zero_epyon

@shawn30 said:

@Zero_epyon said:

The problem is that you are stating opinion as fact. A flawed opinion at that. It makes you look foolish while making it and even more so when you try to defend it. And no, no one has answered my question. It's easy. Give me a studio's name that had layoffs due to Sony not being able to keep them open because of financial troubles. If you can't, it's probably because it hasn't happened and you're making it up to be a fanboy. That's once again, sad...

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

pack you things foxbat. I doubt they'll be needing astroturfers for kinect no'mo'

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 shawn30

@Zero_epyon said:

@shawn30 said:

@Zero_epyon said:

The problem is that you are stating opinion as fact. A flawed opinion at that. It makes you look foolish while making it and even more so when you try to defend it. And no, no one has answered my question. It's easy. Give me a studio's name that had layoffs due to Sony not being able to keep them open because of financial troubles. If you can't, it's probably because it hasn't happened and you're making it up to be a fanboy. That's once again, sad...

LMAO, really? That's your reply? At no time did I state my opinion as fact. No one does, this is a message board for crying out loud. Its all opinions. So I'm foolish for defending my opinion? Does that even make sense to you? There is no answer anyone could give that would please you, and lord knows myself and Stormy have tried. You don't want an answer, you want to simply keep arguing on a message board about someones opinion you disagree with. None of the posts in this thread are hard to understand. They are all opinions. That's all any of this is. Reading comprehension is your friend. If you choose to interpret a non-Sony fans opinion as fact because it hurts your feelings so much, that's fine, but just say so. But the bottom line is so simple, really. On a gaming message board we all share our opinions. Those opinions differ. Some of us think we are right. That doesn't make us right. We can defend our opinions, but they are just that, opinions. If you cannot see the simplicity in that then you are beyond blind. This is the absolute most stupid SW conversation I have ever had, and I've gone back and forth with Grenade Launcher and icanhaz and I think both of them are stone cold nuts, lol. And I like both of them cause I'm kinda nuts too. I'm done here. Going back and forth with you is like pulling teeth, lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Zero_epyon

@shawn30 said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@shawn30 said:

@Zero_epyon said:

LMAO, really? That's your reply? At no time did I state my opinion as fact. No one does, this is a message board for crying out loud. Its all opinions. So I'm foolish for defending my opinion? Does that even make sense to you? There is no answer anyone could give that would please you, and lord knows myself and Stormy have tried. You don't want an answer, you want to simply keep arguing on a message board about someones opinion you disagree with. None of the posts in this thread are hard to understand. They are all opinions. That's all any of this is. Reading comprehension is your friend. If you choose to interpret a non-Sony fans opinion as fact because it hurts your feelings so much, that's fine, but just say so. But the bottom line is so simple, really. On a gaming message board we all share our opinions. Those opinions differ. Some of us think we are right. That doesn't make us right. We can defend our opinions, but they are just that, opinions. If you cannot see the simplicity in that then you are beyond blind. This is the absolute most stupid SW conversation I have ever had, and I've gone back and forth with Grenade Launcher and icanhaz and I think both of them are stone cold nuts, lol. And I like both of them cause I'm kinda nuts too. I'm done here. Going back and forth with you is like pulling teeth, lol.

There's no answer because you're speaking nonsense and can't back it up. I asked for a studio and one of you told me that you took a business class. You put so much effort into replying to me with a non answer that I'm just going to conclude that you're a clown looking for attention. Good day.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 FoxbatAlpha

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

But my question to you is all these things that made the one so pivotal last E3 are now being slashed and burned at the drop of a hat.

How does that make you feel? I mean sure the original vision was a little obtuse, but these were supposed to be core

functions/features of the system. How do you feel as a consumer of the product that MS is reversing every switch it flipped?

The all in one Xbox has a new vision IMO. Sure there will still be NFL, Skype, Exclusive televisions shows etc. Now that Spencer has turned the wheel at the helm, they will still reach the other side of the ocean, but arrive at a different port. The port of games is calling.

The reversal is something exciting and showing they are listening. They maybe listening more than any other company out there right now, or ever. Lots of companies produce their product and just ship it with out any regards to what customers really want.

If you want your voice to be heard, Xbox might be the place to be.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 FoxbatAlpha

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

pack you things foxbat. I doubt they'll be needing astroturfers for kinect no'mo'

Even when Kinect was a option like the 360 it still kicked the Eye Toys ass. Kinect will still dominate its competition just as before so no need to pack any bags.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By misterpmedia

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Even when Kinect was a option like the 360 it still kicked the Eye Toys ass. Kinect will still dominate its competition just as before so no need to pack any bags.

That's pretty much flattery to the PS community, they don't like the waggle as much as the Xbox community do. I'm pretty sure we're fine with that. ;)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

That's pretty much flattery to the PS community, they don't like the waggle as much as the Xbox community do. I'm pretty sure we're fine with that. ;)

You're fine with it, I'm fine with it.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Since MS pretty much threw the Kinect under the bus in order to make the XB1 cheaper, it doesn't surprise me that Rare, being one of their main Kinect-friendly devs, is now suffering layoffs.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Animal-Mother

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The all in one Xbox has a new vision IMO. Sure there will still be NFL, Skype, Exclusive televisions shows etc. Now that Spencer has turned the wheel at the helm, they will still reach the other side of the ocean, but arrive at a different port. The port of games is calling.

The reversal is something exciting and showing they are listening. They maybe listening more than any other company out there right now, or ever. Lots of companies produce their product and just ship it with out any regards to what customers really want.

If you want your voice to be heard, Xbox might be the place to be.

Well "voice to be heard" was already proven at many a places before MS. MS is just listening because they're getting their asses handed to them. Hopefully this is their true blue turn around. I'm so on the fence about a One. Mainly because I already have one at my house ( My brothers I can borrow at any time) and seeing what this course correction actually means.

It's a shame because the 360 was a really really really GREAT console.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By misterpmedia

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You're fine with it, I'm fine with it.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

Why do you self own? All you had to do was some Google Searches and you would have found articles like this. There are threads all over SW about how the XBox brand is turning a profit every quarter.

B) Before you go making comments like you did, do some quick Google searches first so you don't self own.

LMAO lemming. Do you even read your own "evidence"?

The Entertainment and Devices Division, which includes the Xbox Division,

It'll take more than a press release to cover up how much Xbone is underperforming. Show me some actual specific numbers.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Kinect is dead. In fact. It's been dead for a years, it was only a minor fad in 2010 and 2011.

Can't believe microsoft honestly thought that shitty add on was the future, i guess that explains why they are getting their assess kicked

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Zero_epyon

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

It'll take more than a press release to cover up how much Xbone is underperforming. Show me some actual specific numbers.

These guys are clowns. Don't waste your time.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By StormyJoe

@Zero_epyon said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

You cows ignore each others "points", and then call me a clown. Priceless.

How many times has the 360 profitability chart been posted to SW? 100? 1000? Whatever, udder suckers.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Zero_epyon

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

How many times has the 360 profitability chart been posted to SW? 100? 1000? Whatever, udder suckers.

Now I'm a cow??? Haha. I'll let that one slide since I took a long break from SW before you joined. This whole thing will go away when you name at least 1 studio that had layoffs because of Sony's financials. Otherwise, you're a clown.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

LMAO Stormy destroyed and instead of accepting it tries to deflect. Poor lad.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 delta3074

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Dude, you posted a chart the other day that showed the Xbox division had been posting profit for the last 5 years because i called you out on it, do i have to explain again what the word profit actually means?

Overall debt doesn't come into the equation when it comes to whether a company is making a profit or not

'A financial benefit that is realized when the amount of revenue gained from a business activity exceeds the expenses, costs and taxes needed to sustain the activity. Any profit that is gained goes to the business's owners, who may or may not decide to spend it on the business.'

In other words, if a companys Revenue is higher than what it costs to run the Department/division then it's considered to be in Profit regardless of how much that Department/ division owes in debt overall.

The entertainment division is in Profit and if you think thats down to there mobile phones and surface tablets alone then you are deluded.

Not that it matters, the division the xbox belongs to is posting profits so it's irelevent .

How is it underperforming anyway? how does the fact that it is not doing as well as the PS4 equate to it underperforming?

Cow logic at it's finest, if a console isn't in first place apparently it's doomed and underperforming.

The Xbone had a Btter release here in the UK than the 360 did, do you call that underperforming?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GrenadeLauncher

@delta3074 said:

Dude, you posted a chart the other day that showed the Xbox division had been posting profit for the last 5 years because i called you out on it, do i have to explain again what the word profit actually means?

Overall debt doesn't come into the equation when it comes to whether a company is making a profit or not

'A financial benefit that is realized when the amount of revenue gained from a business activity exceeds the expenses, costs and taxes needed to sustain the activity. Any profit that is gained goes to the business's owners, who may or may not decide to spend it on the business.'

In other words, if a companys Revenue is higher than what it costs to run the Department/division then it's considered to be in Profit regardless of how much that Department/ division owes in debt overall.

The entertainment division is in Profit and if you think thats down to there mobile phones and surface tablets alone then you are deluded.

Not that it matters, the division the xbox belongs to is posting profits so it's irelevent .

How is it underperforming anyway? how does the fact that it is not doing as well as the PS4 equate to it underperforming?

Cow logic at it's finest, if a console isn't in first place apparently it's doomed and underperforming.

The Xbone had a Btter release here in the UK than the 360 did, do you call that underperforming?

A thin slither compared to the massive losses already incurred.

And then it stopped a couple of years ago because that's when they stuffed Xbox in with the rest of devices and services to stop the shareholders getting antsy.

I've never assumed my fellow Britbongs to have decent taste considering how many of them are lems.

Keep up the DC lemming, maybe one day Phil Spencer will pay you a visit and pat you on the head.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By delta3074

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@delta3074 said:

A thin slither compared to the massive losses already incurred.

And then it stopped a couple of years ago because that's when they stuffed Xbox in with the rest of devices and services to stop the shareholders getting antsy.

I've never assumed my fellow Britbongs to have decent taste considering how many of them are lems.

Keep up the DC lemming, maybe one day Phil Spencer will pay you a visit and pat you on the head.

whta? firstly i am not a lemming and secondly, nothing i said remotely equates to damage control.

Not too bright are you?

The fact is MS=making money

SONY=losing money.

It's not even debatable

YOU YOURSELF posted the chart that showed the Entertanment and devices division posted a profit for 5 years in a row and FYI the xbox has ALWAYS been part of the entertainment and devices division you muppet.