Lawdy. New info about PS4 controller. Break-Apart, No thumnstics, Built in move

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

If you've ever tried using touchscreen emulated analugues, you know this is either false or incredibly stupid.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I will wait for official words from SCEA, although this might be their new move controller if anything.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Silly rumors and :lol: at the idiots stupid enough to believe them.ShadowriverUB
It's not first time of split controller rumor to show up

And it's probably not the last. Your point would be?
Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

No...haha...just no....this is BS. Sony isn't releasing KZ4 on the PS4 without the thumbsticks. We will see the same dualshock with improved triggerbuttons and touchpad. Luckily for people who hate the controller, they can probably still choose between a bunch of other controllers...even Xbox look a likes.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

It's only a rumor if it shows Sony in a negative light. If this was info on the 720 it would be hard evidence of its future failure. :lol:

Frostbite24
I don't think you understand. A rumor is a rumor if it's not based on any official confirmation from the companies themselves, regardless if it's Microsoft or Sony.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Silly rumors and :lol: at the idiots stupid enough to believe them.AmazonTreeBoa
It's not first time of split controller rumor to show up

Except this is more than a "rumor", Sony actually patented a controller exactly as described in the OP. :lol:

720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts

Out of every rumor I've heard about either console so far this is by far the worst. You can't play 3D games without thumbsticks.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="OP"]

The new controller is also rumored to have 4gb of built-in memory allowing the controller to double as a memory unit as well.

ReadingRainbow4

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on this right now.

well that would certify the rumor of sony getting 8gb of ddr5.

But I certainly don't believe this, it's just way too weird.

Indeed. What, Sony's going to remove thumbsticks and replace them with a touchpad? There's just no way.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"] It's not first time of split controller rumor to show upStrongDeadlift

Except this is more than a "rumor", Sony actually patented a controller exactly as described in the OP. :lol:

So it's still a rumor then
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"] It's not first time of split controller rumor to show upStrongDeadlift

A patent you say! :o then it has to be the controller/s
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#61 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

franky-finds-you-o.gif<<<<<<<<cows

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AmazonTreeBoa

That is also old news. You got any new info or should I just expect you to sound like a broken record all day repeating what we already know?
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

It's only a rumor if it shows Sony in a negative light. If this was info on the 720 it would be hard evidence of its future failure. :lol:

Frostbite24
And vice versa. It goes both ways man. I think pretty much everyone here is sick of rumors. Seems like we get a new one everyday.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

credible source?

well damn I expected too much.

StrongDeadlift

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2013/02/rumored-playstation-4-controller-information-with-images-and-details/

The source is just as credible as any of the PS4/720 rumors that have been going around.  

The guy who they got this from apparently works for the new advertizing agency that Sony just hired, after replacing their old guys.  

However, this "splittshock" controller falls in line with patents Sony has made several years ago.  This isnt the first time we've heard about Sony patenting a "break away" controller with move attachments.  

They submitted this in 2008:

http://www.1up.com/news/sony-patents-break-apart-controller

This just got approved in 2012:

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/sony-patent-dualshock-motion-controller/19123/#.UR02EKVZXng

Have to hand it to them.....at least they arent copying Nintendo/MS this time :lol:

How old are you?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LadyBlue
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] And it's probably not the last. Your point would be?AmazonTreeBoa

That is also old news. You got any new info or should I just expect you to sound like a broken record all day repeating what we already know?

He's on repeat. lol Funny enough, when they announce the system and they show the controller with sticks he'll pretend he never said it was " more than a rumor".
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

this is fake, the share button was debunked a while ago.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#67 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Would cost Sony too much to include the Eye with the console. Unless they've made the console inexpensive enough to incorporate it. If this is in box, price tag would be $500+ again. They're already in the black, why dig a deeper hole? Maybe they think a different shovel will dig upwards. :?

-

Looks interesting. If it works precisely, I would consider an add on bundle. But as a primary input method? It better be the next real advancement in gaming.

-

I know, rumors and speculation, but that's all we got for a good long while.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
I lol'd. Have fun with that Sony fanboys.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Would cost Sony too much to include the Eye with the console. Unless they've made the console inexpensive enough to incorporate it. If this is in box, price tag would be $500+ again. They're already in the black, why dig a deeper hole? Maybe they think a different shovel will dig upwards. :?

-

Looks interesting. If it works precisely, I would consider an add on bundle. But as a primary input method? It better be the next real advancement in gaming.

-

I know, rumors and speculation, but that's all we got for a good long while.

Namgis

if this had any credibility it would be just another method of control, think the Wiiu classicpro controller.

It's possible Sony might have multiple input methods in mind, We saw this already with move games. But it wans't intrusive to the experience at all, no core games required you to use it.

Killzone 3 for example.

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

The TC:

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 wakefulness

franky-finds-you-o.gif<<<<<<<<cows

k2theswiss

Whoa! That character design looks pretty cool.

Mind me asking you where it's from? :)

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LadyBlue

The TC:

Speedzilla
Haters be cried. :cry: The PS4 is about to be unleashed and theres nothing they can do to stop it. :cool:
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Lol, filth.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I really can't imagine this being all that accurate.  I have a hard time believing that they would make a controller in this day and age with no analog sticks.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StrongDeadlift

Namgis

The same could be applied to the Vita.  They were already approaching the black before the Vita launched.  Yet they released the Vita at a loss.    

They sold, and continue to sell the Vita at a loss per every unit, and Sony themselves said the Vita wont see profit until 2014.  

Hell, the Wii U sells at a loss right now, so you can pretty much guarrantee the PS4 wont sell for a profit for a while.  

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

well.. I actually kind of like!

My biggest complains about PS3 controllers were the triggers and the left thumbstick layout. With this, if Sony execute it right, PS4 controllers could have, for the first time on consoles, a mouse-like precision for FPS gaming out of the box.

However, I wish if they had only designed the right thumbstick as a touchpad and kept the left thumbstick as is but positioned on top like the one in X360. As I believe, from my experience with iOS racing games, steering cars with touch controls really sucks.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
LOL@ TC thinking it's real or could be real...if any common sense is applied it's f'en FAKE! NO thumbsticks = FAKE! and just the overall design doesn't make sense. Damage control FAIL!
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NineTailedGoku

If this is true it will be hard to tell if its a bust or a revolutionary move in gaming control. In terms of actual pads, we went from D pad to Analog and its stayed there for over 16 years. It has to move in some direction. I would prefer analog sticks regardless.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

Pete-B

He's on repeat. lol Funny enough, when they announce the system and they show the controller with sticks he'll pretend he never said it was " more than a rumor".

Yeah I notice he hasn't replied to me. Guess he has nothing new, just the same tired old material.
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

StrongDeadlift

The same could be applied to the Vita. They were already approaching the black before the Vita launched. Yet they released the Vita at a loss.

They sold, and continue to sell the Vita at a loss per every unit, and Sony themselves said the Vita wont see profit until 2014.

Hell, the Wii U sells at a loss right now, so you can pretty much guarrantee the PS4 wont sell for a profit for a while.

Another baseless Lem assumption.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Report-PlayStation-Vita-Components-Cost-160/td-p/37017996

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 NineTailedGoku

I lol'd. Have fun with that Sony fanboys.Miketheman83

Looks more fun than more Kinect, which is said to be mandatory....

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LadyBlue

possible early prototype controller.

credit to slashkice for posting it. ;)

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Speedzilla

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I lol'd. Have fun with that Sony fanboys.NineTailedGoku

Looks more fun than more Kinect, which is said to be mandatory....

Honestly, anything would be more fun than Kinect.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

NineTailedGoku

The same could be applied to the Vita. They were already approaching the black before the Vita launched. Yet they released the Vita at a loss.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Report-PlayStation-Vita-Components-Cost-160/td-p/37017996

:roll:

http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-to-sell-playstation-vita-for-a-loss-profitable-3yrs

In an interview with Reuters Japan, Sonys Kaz Hirai stated that Sony aims to make a profit on the PlayStation Vita in three years. Sony often sells their hardware at a lost, so this isnt anything new for the company as they sold the PlayStation 3 at a loss despite the $600 price tag. Out of the three home-console manufacturers, Nintendo is usually the only company to make a profit on hardware right away due to their conservative nature of building their hardware.

I guess Kaz Hirai isnt official enough for you.....

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 wakefulness

credit to slashkice for posting it. ;)Pete-B

Who?

Also, I just died and came back to life from that unexpected image leak. :)

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] credit to slashkice for posting it. ;)wakefulness

Who?

It's not official or anything. Some are saying that it's an early prototype of the controller, it could be fake. :P slashice (or something like that)a user on this boards.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]I don't have a problem with motion controls anymoreHeil68
Me either, it seems Sony is being the leader in innovation once again. Thank you Sony.

Spoken like true hypocrites :roll:

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#88 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] credit to slashkice for posting it. ;)Pete-B

Who?

It's not official or anything. Some are saying that it's an early prototype of the controller, it could be fake. :P slashice (or something like that)a user on this boards.

:shock:

Interesting.  Skeptical initial reaction, looks pretty bulky.  Then again, seems about right from the rumors.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

StrongDeadlift

http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-to-sell-playstation-vita-for-a-loss-profitable-3yrs

In an interview with Reuters Japan, Sonys Kaz Hirai stated that Sony aims to make a profit on the PlayStation Vita in three years. Sony often sells their hardware at a lost, so this isnt anything new for the company as they sold the PlayStation 3 at a loss despite the $600 price tag. Out of the three home-console manufacturers, Nintendo is usually the only company to make a profit on hardware right away due to their conservative nature of building their hardware.

I couldve easily wrote that article. Theres no links in them.......So you're going to ignore hardware cost breakdown for an article written in 2011 with no links?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]I don't have a problem with motion controls anymoreAdobeArtist

Me either, it seems Sony is being the leader in innovation once again. Thank you Sony.

You mad brah?
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Speedzilla

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Me either, it seems Sony is being the leader in innovation once again. Thank you Sony. Heil68

You mad brah?

He's a lemming; he's always mad.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="Pete-B"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] That is also old news. You got any new info or should I just expect you to sound like a broken record all day repeating what we already know?AmazonTreeBoa

Yeah I notice he hasn't replied to me. Guess he has nothing new, just the same tired old material.

I didnt reply to you, because you didnt say anything worth replying to.  Just crying about me, and what other people have to say about the PS4. ;)

"on repeat, just the same tired old material", cute.   even though Ive mentioned that twice in this thread, but ok....

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] credit to slashkice for posting it. ;)Pete-B

Who?

Yeah, I saw it in the PS Meeting thread. It showed up from a Destructoid article via like Reddit or something online (no OG source).

Crazy.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 NineTailedGoku

You lose again WeakDeadLift

244985-ibb.jpg

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Pete-B"] He's on repeat. lol Funny enough, when they announce the system and they show the controller with sticks he'll pretend he never said it was " more than a rumor".StrongDeadlift

I didnt reply to you, because you didnt say anything worth replying to.  Just crying about me, and what other people have to say about the PS4. ;)

"on repeat, just the same tired old material", cute.   even though Ive mentioned that twice in this thread, but ok....

Translation-you have nothing new and your pathetic troll thread is falling apart on you because of it. It's okay. Maybe tomorrow you will have something new. Not everyday can be your day.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#96 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

oh lord is right, they goin back to ps1 era again , no sticks, wth and it breaks apart so im guessing there will be quality issues again,

if i wanted touch controls only id use an ipad,but as you notice im not even remotely interisted in that so how does sony expect me to want that, sorry this is going to bomb hard,   you shouldnt change whats not broken ,add to it like nintendo did ,

guess sony never learns 

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts
[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]

No, Sony will just release Dualshock again, maybe add a Vita touch pad on the back. I doubt they want to drive the price up too much, especially as adding needless stuff that devs won't support will end up like the six axis in the Dualshock 3 barely used.

Atleast the six axis could be ignored, this awful design would be a complete disaster.

Pretty much this.

If true then.......

puking.gif 

emgesp
and this
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NineTailedGoku

In an interview with Reuters Japan, Sonys Kaz Hirai stated that Sony aims to make a profit on the PlayStation Vita in three years. Sony often sells their hardware at a lost, so this isnt anything new for the company as they sold the PlayStation 3 at a loss despite the $600 price tag. Out of the three home-console manufacturers, Nintendo is usually the only company to make a profit on hardware right away due to their conservative nature of building their hardware.

I couldve easily wrote that article. Theres no links in them.......So you're going to ignore hardware cost breakdown for an article written in 2011 with no links?

You are an idiot. :|

There is a link in the article and it came from Kaz Hirai's mouth.  

Also, the bill of materials is not the only factor that goes into the manufacturing cost of a console.  

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 wakefulness

Also, the craftmanship in both the controller and dev kit (in that leak) are looking like that is a legit leak.

The housing and the moniter are kind of a give away. Kudos for sharing that leak here, Pete-B! TC can't ignore this, aye? :)

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I don't have a problem with motion controls anymorethemajormayor

Imagine that. Sony puts out a motion controller and all of the sudden, Cows are okay with motion controls.