Latest PS3 and 360 fanboy excuse

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slduncanlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 slduncanlaw
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
[QUOTE="slduncanlaw"]Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controller that allows total vegging.negtegra

I agree completely.  Imagine your playing some Wii game (Red Steel, Marvel UA whatever) and your hacking and slashing, pointing the 'gun' around and moving like your trying to actually dodge stuff... and your girlfriend and her friends walk in to you jumping behind your couch, with some "stupid video game" on the TV.  No nookie tonight pal, you're on your own.  I can play my other games just chilling on the couch when they walk in pause it and say what's up, and turn it off (she never lets me play when her friends are over). 

I just like to sit, play games and pretty much forget about the crap day I had.  I do think the Wii is directed towards a different audience than the 'core gamer which is where the 360 and PS3 are going.  Remember that South Park episode when they are all playing WOW and the "badass" is the fat guy eating chips?  You think that hypothetical guy is going to play a Wii?! I think not, he'll be playing a 360/PS3 (assuming he's not PC only).

Spot on.
hoagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 hoagey
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts

[QUOTE="axt113"]Those games will go the PS3 and 360, but afterwards expect to see fewer titles for those consoles, they aren't going to stop the games already in development, but they will stop developing new onesDementedDragon

That is beyond arrogant as if the Wii is the alpha-omega of current gen systems.

I dunno, when companies realize that they can make money off of people for generic mini-game game 1 and 2 the tables will turn. /sarcasm and stupid nintendo fanboyism
jsd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jsd360
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

It's too bad the PS3 and the 360 ARE actually better systems with better games overall. It's looking like the Wii is going to be just like the GC but with better sales. Crappy 3rd party, superb Ninty games. It's going to eventually bite them in the ass imo...

heretrix
I totally agree with this. Nintendo is in a good position but until they address their issues they will never stay on top. Same old Nintendo.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#54 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
[QUOTE="slduncanlaw"]Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controller that allows total vegging.negtegra

I agree completely. Imagine your playing some Wii game (Red Steel, Marvel UA whatever) and your hacking and slashing, pointing the 'gun' around and moving like your trying to actually dodge stuff
... and your girlfriend and her friends walk in to you jumping behind your couch, with some "stupid video game" on the TV. No nookie tonight pal, you're on your own. I can play my other games just chilling on the couch when they walk in pause it and say what's up, and turn it off (she never lets me play when her friends are over).

I just like to sit, play games and pretty much forget about the crap day I had. I do think the Wii is directed towards a different audience than the 'core gamer which is where the 360 and PS3 are going. Remember that South Park episode when they are all playing WOW and the "badass" is the fat guy eating chips? You think that hypothetical guy is going to play a Wii?! I think not, he'll be playing a 360/PS3 (assuming he's not PC only).

You're an idiot if you're doing that. You don't have to act like an idiot when you play games on the Wii, contrary to what moronic PS3/Xbox360 fanboys think. The big problem with the Wii has to do with the types of games available, not moving around the room like a fool, because you don't have to.
slduncanlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 slduncanlaw
[QUOTE="negtegra"][QUOTE="slduncanlaw"]Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controller that allows total vegging.Gamer46

I agree completely. Imagine your playing some Wii game (Red Steel, Marvel UA whatever) and your hacking and slashing, pointing the 'gun' around and moving like your trying to actually dodge stuff
... and your girlfriend and her friends walk in to you jumping behind your couch, with some "stupid video game" on the TV. No nookie tonight pal, you're on your own. I can play my other games just chilling on the couch when they walk in pause it and say what's up, and turn it off (she never lets me play when her friends are over).

I just like to sit, play games and pretty much forget about the crap day I had. I do think the Wii is directed towards a different audience than the 'core gamer which is where the 360 and PS3 are going. Remember that South Park episode when they are all playing WOW and the "badass" is the fat guy eating chips? You think that hypothetical guy is going to play a Wii?! I think not, he'll be playing a 360/PS3 (assuming he's not PC only).

You're an idiot if you're doing that. You don't have to act like an idiot when you play games on the Wii, contrary to what moronic PS3/Xbox360 fanboys think. The big problem with the Wii has to do with the types of games available, not moving around the room like a fool, because you don't have to.

Either way, I'm just too lazy to play Wii. Plus, I'm an adult.
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="negtegra"][QUOTE="slduncanlaw"]Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controller that allows total vegging.slduncanlaw

Damn right.  OK, you don't need to jump around when you play a Wii but I've seen the commercials where "Wii would like to play with you," and they do look pretty foolish putting the Wiimote on top of their head doing virtual squats and putting the Wiimote at their sides and doing virtual hoola hoop. That's not video games I want to play.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="slduncanlaw"][QUOTE="Firelore29"]

The PS3/360 is not compeating against the Wii.  It's selling to a different audience.  Honestly people what a crock of $@(&.  The people who are saying that are the exact same people saying that the PS3/360 was going to destroy the Wii in sales.  Now that the Wii is winning the bag of excuses have changed.

It's quite simple.  Third party developers have a set amount of money to make games.   They could make an exclusive game for the PS3, 360, Wii, etc. or make it multiplat.  If they decide to make a Wii exclusive game that does not magically mean that they have a ton of additional resources to make a PS3 or 360 exlusive also.  Granted many of the big name developers will still make some exclusives for the PS3 and 360 but the Wii will get a ton of them.

I think Reggie said it best in a recent article when they asked him about third party support:

"Every publisher has either made the decision and stated it publicly or made the decision and not stated it publicly, but the amount of resource shift has been tremendous," Reggie responded. "The natural follow-up question is, 'What's driving it?' What's driving it is, they see the install base, they see the mix of established players ... with the potential for new gamers, and they see a business opportunity. Coupled with the lower development costs, it really is a no-brainer."

Firelore29

Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controler that allows total vegging.

That's fine and all but the fact of the matter is that the Wii will get the majority of the development dollars this gen if it wins which looks promising at this point.  To say that it caters to a different audience may be true but it does adversely effect your console if the Wii wins this generation.

no, the Wii will never get "the majority of the development dollars". You shouldn't need me to tell you why.
slduncanlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 slduncanlaw

[QUOTE="slduncanlaw"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="negtegra"][QUOTE="slduncanlaw"]Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controller that allows total vegging.negtegra

Damn right.  OK, you don't need to jump around when you play a Wii but I've seen the commercials where "Wii would like to play with you," and they do look pretty foolish putting the Wiimote on top of their head doing virtual squats and putting the Wiimote at their sides and doing virtual hoola hoop. That's not video games I want to play.

For instance, if golf simulation actually involves you standing and swinging your weemote around then you know what you ought to be doing? How about stepping outside and ACTUALLY PLAYING GOLF!!!
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#59 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
For instance, if golf simulation actually involves you standing and swinging your weemote around then you know what you ought to be doing? How about stepping outside and ACTUALLY PLAYING GOLF!!!slduncanlaw
Why the heck would I do that when I can just play golf at home?
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
[QUOTE="Firelore29"]

The PS3/360 is not compeating against the Wii. It's selling to a different audience. Honestly people what a crock of $@(&. The people who are saying that are the exact same people saying that the PS3/360 was going to destroy the Wii in sales. Now that the Wii is winning the bag of excuses have changed.

It's quite simple. Third party developers have a set amount of money to make games. They could make an exclusive game for the PS3, 360, Wii, etc. or make it multiplat. If they decide to make a Wii exclusive game that does not magically mean that they have a ton of additional resources to make a PS3 or 360 exlusive also. Granted many of the big name developers will still make some exclusives for the PS3 and 360 but the Wii will get a ton of them.

I think Reggie said it best in a recent article when they asked him about third party support:

"Every publisher has either made the decision and stated it publicly or made the decision and not stated it publicly, but the amount of resource shift has been tremendous," Reggie responded. "The natural follow-up question is, 'What's driving it?' What's driving it is, they see the install base, they see the mix of established players ... with the potential for new gamers, and they see a business opportunity. Coupled with the lower development costs, it really is a no-brainer."

slduncanlaw
Look, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the stellar business Nintendo is doing in the console market. But a lot of gamers out there are like me - they know Wii caters to a younger crowd. I never considered Wii when I wanted to purchase my next gen console. Waving your arms around like a lunatic trying to get your mind off of a long days work doesn't appeal to me. I just want to play a game. Not conduct an orchestra. But more power to you if you have the energy and desire to do it. I think the Wii is a great console for some people and I hope it does great. But I like my next gen games in HD with sweet graphics and a controler that allows total vegging.

you don't even have to " swing " your arms. Besides. Its called fun.. you should try it sometime/...
Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 Axel_rocks14
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
You PS3 and 360 fanboys just don't get it and you never will. We don't play video games for graphics, if you want something that looks "realistic" get off your ass and go outside. We don't play games for good graphics, we play them for gameplay. Gameplay is how the game is played everything from control and camera to online play. And Wii succeeds in gameplay, maybe not in online play type of gameplay but just simply with a few of your buddies. Seriously i never saw what was so great about online play. Why would you want to play online when there is just some queer is keeps dissing you and cussing you out. Gee, that sounds incredibally fun :roll:
Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Axel_rocks14
too bad the wii has had ZERO good games (twilight princess was basically a gamecube clone)
sales doesnt mean anything as a gamer

audioaxes
Thats because it just came out a few months ago. I can't wait till prime 3, brawl, galaxy, and super paper mario comes out cause you fanboys can finally lose that lame excuse everyone uses
Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Axel_rocks14
[QUOTE="audioaxes"]too bad the wii has had ZERO good games (twilight princess was basically a gamecube clone)
sales doesnt mean anything as a gamer

Axel_rocks14
Thats because it just came out a few months ago. I can't wait till prime 3, brawl, galaxy, and super paper mario comes out cause you fanboys can finally lose that lame excuse everyone uses

What did 360 have in March of 2006? Perfect Dark zero (you can't say Oblivion because it was basically a PC clone) and that one wasn't even that good. Ps3in march of 2007: Resistance and thats about it At least Twilight Princess was able to get game of the year in basically every other place except gamespot Every system doesn't have a big variety of games when a console just releases, EVERY SYSTEM. So all you fanboys can shut up right about now.