Last place this gen, Xbone or Wii-U?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

I'm leaning on Xbone. Nintendo still has genuine thirst for its franchises.. which could lead to sales

MS literally bet everything on television. Seriously, who wants another Halo game? Ew.

PS4 - 1st place duh

Wii-U - 2nd place

Xbone - dreadful last

Discuss.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i think it would be fanboyish to assume ps4 can't lose.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

This is the only logical conclusion. Afterall M$ historically has the weakest 1st party offerings. Add the fact that the Xbone is the most expensive and isn't even the most powerful. Well lets just say the future of the xbox 1 doesn't look bright. THey had it coming though, 3rd console curse and all.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Very low chances. MS couldn't beat Sony at their lowest. They sure as shit don't have a chance now

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@inb4uall said:

This is the only logical conclusion. Afterall M$ historically has the weakest 1st party offerings. Add the fact that the Xbone is the most expensive and isn't even the most powerful. Well lets just say the future of the xbox 1 doesn't look bright. THey had it coming though, 3rd console curse and all.

Doesn't a curse have to be wide spread to exist? also aren't they till the second fastest consoles? And what about OUYA, that thing isn't selling (software) very much. What's the other one, Gamestick? And then there's one more isn't there?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Have to go with the X1 leading

In last place, Wii-U even though it had a head start in the gen it lacks games people are willing to buy the console for which will turn around once the new SSB and Zelda game comes out for the Wii-U. So at the end it will probably be like Sony (1st), Nintendo (2nd) and M$ (last as always).

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Xbone is definitely last place now and will be last place for a while. I still expect Xbone to narrowly beat WiiU at the end of the day but both the WiiU and Xbone will trail far behind PS4 for this gen.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

lol wtf is a wiiu?

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I would surely pick WiiU for last. It's a weak console all around but even still it's going to have a couple excellent things to play on it, regardless of what system you pick youll still end up with some great games.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I would have to say the Xbone.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Comeon, some of you seriously need to take your fanboy goggles off. I'm pretty sure Microsoft are doing a helluva lot better than Nintendo are with their Wii U. Xbox One and PS4 will be neck and neck.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Cheleman: some practical joke that went too far.

Anyway on topic it HAS to be the wii u.

X1 has a future boatload of third party and first party to look forward to. It's already caught up with wii u and has reasons to buy it coming up. What does Nintendo have? The usual. People wanting the usual bought the console already. It's deaf. At this stage you could rerelease the magnavox odyssey and it would outsell that piece of crap.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

wii u. the only way that console will sell in big numbers is if it gets an exclusive killer app. i honestly dont think nintendo know what to do with the console. they have also played their hand very badly this gen.

MS just have to make sure they get the exclusive and timed exclusive content and keep making other deals. they do need to sort out pricing though or justify the inclusion of kinect. finally they need to make sure that both COD remains tighly associalted with the xbox brand and that the next big christmas special is considered, first and foremost, an xbox game. MS do have an advantage nintendo and sony currently dont have....they are making a shed load of money. so they can splash out on that kind of thing to build momentum for the X1.

the momentum is certainly with sony though. they would have to do something incredibly stupid this time to not have the highest numbers by the end of gen. it has a minor short term games problem but nothing too serious...usual post launch drought. hardware wise they have certainly played a blinder. more powerful and cheaper than the X1. it can also pull off nintendos party piece. sony have also built up a solid first party. still sony have done very stupid things before and all is not well for the company in the finances department so they are not invincible.

i think the Ps4 will come first, X1 second but fairly close and the wiiu in a pretty distant last.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

probably the WiiU, or the Vita

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inb4uall

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

Doesn't a curse have to be wide spread to exist? also aren't they till the second fastest consoles? And what about OUYA, that thing isn't selling (software) very much. What's the other one, Gamestick? And then there's one more isn't there?

"hey at least we're beating the ouya and gamestick" How pathetic. LOL, Comparing one of the big three to a kickstarted console.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro
said:

I'm leaning on Xbone. Nintendo still has genuine thirst for its franchises.. which could lead to sales

MS literally bet everything on television. Seriously, who wants another Halo game? Ew.

PS4 - 1st place duh

Wii-U - 2nd place

Xbone - dreadful last

Discuss.

I think that Wii-U will. But the PS4 is in no way locked into first. It is ahead because it was $100 cheaper than the Xbox one and currently has slightly better graphics. It has to have good games and remain cheaper to keep that lead. Look at what happened to the wii after it took off. It got a big lead, but then started lose it when the other consoles got cheaper and started getting better games.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Not considering the way it's going. Based on the way sales are going PS4 will win. That's not fanboyish. That's based on how it's going. I don't see the PS4 losing to the Wii U.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Yeah I agree. And I think it's safe to assume that the Wii U will be last this gen.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Yeah I agree. And I think it's safe to assume that the Wii U will be last this gen.

Which is exactly why it's safe to say the PS4 wont lose. You say you agree then say it's safe to say the Wii U will finish last. You contradict yourself.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

WiiU.

Xbone at least has 3rd party support.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jer_1 said:

I would surely pick WiiU for last. It's a weak console all around but even still it's going to have a couple excellent things to play on it, regardless of what system you pick youll still end up with some great games.

Sorry but Mario main series aside and a future zelda game ... What is so excellent to play on it ? 2D mario like rehashes or Donkey kong ? Maybe Wii sports/fit variations again ? Or you consider excellent milk games like Mario kart or SSB ?

Sorry but sales proving everyone got tired with Nintendos approaching on both third party and first party offerings ... Wii U is all about main series of Mario and Zelda. In short , a rent for a week for each game.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

no one cares about the wii u. Nintendo will be releasing a new console in a year and half.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Which is exactly why it's safe to say the PS4 wont lose. You say you agree then say it's safe to say the Wii U will finish last. You contradict yourself.

I meant between PS4 & XB1.. it's going to be a close race between those two.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TigerSuperman

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

"hey at least we're beating the ouya and gamestick" How pathetic. LOL, Comparing one of the big three to a kickstarted console.

The MOJO was on kickstarter? Also uh..................... The sale, surely you must have them since you know somehow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Wii U will be last place, anyone who thinks otherwise is thoroughly deluded.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

The MOJO was on kickstarter? Also uh..................... The sale, surely you must have them since you know somehow.

LOL, keep grasping at dem straws. If you think any of those consoles had anything close to the amount of or advertising Microsoft put into the Xbone you're delusional.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#28 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

PS4 will be last.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Why does it matter? I enjoyed both PS3 and 360 last gen and I'm still not exactly sure which one ended up in last place, and I'm not sure why it would matter to those who enjoyed them.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

PauperStation4 will be.

Not how you start but how you finish.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TigerSuperman

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

LOL, keep grasping at dem straws. If you think any of those consoles had anything close to the amount of or advertising Microsoft put into the Xbone you're delusional.

What straws? You have no sales data. Amount of advertising also has nothing to do with anything with MOJO selling a million units either.

And again, where are your sales figures? You know the question you are evading. No one is getting all defensive here but you, so I need the sales numbers or you just look silly acting like X1 being last is a lock.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@jer_1 said:

Sorry but Mario main series aside and a future zelda game ... What is so excellent to play on it ? 2D mario like rehashes or Donkey kong ? Maybe Wii sports/fit variations again ? Or you consider excellent milk games like Mario kart or SSB ?

Sorry but sales proving everyone got tired with Nintendos approaching on both third party and first party offerings ... Wii U is all about main series of Mario and Zelda. In short , a rent for a week for each game.

Well that is why I picked the U for last place. It's most likely to suck the most. You can't discount the two games you set aside though, a good quality Zelda game will turn a lot of people around. Hell I'd possibly even consider owning a U (again) down the road if they made a more mature themed metroid. That would kick some ass...but knowing nintendo it will be some more childish bullshit I have little interest in!

I'm just fully burnt out on their kiddy mentality. Worked great when i was young, but I'm not a young'n any more and I have no kids (thankfully) so I have to pass on nintendo these days.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

WiiU. At least xbone can play Twitch well

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Real talk.. Nintendo is going to have to go Blitzkrieg style with their first party to win gamers back. Like, it will have to be a stellar E3 for them where they announce an epic Metroid game, a monster Zelda game, bring back Starfox in a major way, then top it off with a Skyrim-esque Pokemon game. If they go Super Saiyan, they have a chance of turning it around, but MS is likely going to go into Defcon 4237984687 with the moneyhats this year and do everything in their power to try to slow the PS4 down.

Sony is looking like it's going to be in the position of just not screwing things up or blowing their good will at E3. The other two are going to have to bring their AAAA game to make a dent.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jer_1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@jer_1 said:

Well that is why I picked the U for last place. It's most likely to suck the most. You can't discount the two games you set aside though, a good quality Zelda game will turn a lot of people around. Hell I'd possibly even consider owning a U (again) down the road if they made a more mature themed metroid. That would kick some ass...but knowing nintendo it will be some more childish bullshit I have little interest in!

I'm just fully burnt out on their kiddy mentality. Worked great when i was young, but I'm not a young'n any more and I have no kids (thankfully) so I have to pass on nintendo these days.

I agree . I think Nintendo should let console market go and focus on what they are kings by far ... Handheld gaming that is. If their console lacking sales even in Japan after a game like Mario ... then things got really complicated.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 inb4uall

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

What straws? You have no sales data. Amount of advertising also has nothing to do with anything with MOJO selling a million units either.

And again, where are your sales figures? You know the question you are evading. No one is getting all defensive here but you, so I need the sales numbers or you just look silly acting like X1 being last is a lock.

L

O

L

I don't even have to say anything. The amount of stupid in that one post..... simply amazing.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

PS4. Sony is off to a good start but i think MS is gonna catch up.

SlyRoxas97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SlyRoxas97
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

Nintendo doesn't even have a chance with the Wii U, there's still millions of people who don't know what the damn thing is because of Nintendo's genius marketing.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@indigenous_euphoria said:

PS4. Sony is off to a good start but i think MS is gonna catch up.

The only way is if MS puts this in the xflop

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

WiiU forever last place. Xbox One at least has a future.

Also to the guy who said if Nintendo made a more mature Metroid.

Have you ever played Metroid? If anything it's one Nintendo's only mature titles.

It doesn't get an M rating all the time, but I wouldn't call the series "kid friendly".

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Wii U in last place mainly because the Xbone will last longer and it has multiplats.

This gen is looking like PS2 era again (sales wise).

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Hate to say it but Wii U. It's competing against gen 7 consoles and it has no way of catching up to the libraries those systems have. In fact, It's basically competing with the Wii because of the odd name decision Nintendo made. Most of the non gamers I speak to know what an xbox one or ps4 is but Wii U... "What's that?"

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#43 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

xbox one willl because who the heck would need one , if they got a ps4 wiiu they got everything they need lol , ms first party sucks and why pay 500 for inferior multiplats in the first place , lmao

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Sony's worst ever generation (by miles) is greater than Microsoft's greatest generation ever (by miles). I honestly don't see any possibility of the PS4 not winning this generation, it was over before it started. (around the time the X1 and PS4 were REVEALED)

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Hate to say it but Wii U. It's competing against gen 7 consoles and it has no way of catching up to the libraries those systems have. In fact, It's basically competing with the Wii because of the odd name decision Nintendo made. Most of the non gamers I speak to know what an xbox one or ps4 is but Wii U... "What's that?"

Can't believe Nintendo passed on the opportunity to name their system "the Nintendo Super Wii"

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Wii U will be dead last. It is plainly apparent. You have some fanboys saying the next highest console because people for some unknown reason hate competition, and probably some actual delusional posts. Happened when the 360 was ahead, happening now.

This isn't to say that the Wii U isn't a good console. I have one and like it, but even I am not that shortsighted.

Have to say right now though, my PS4 and Wii U make a great combination.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@AzatiS:

Its people like you who don't know what the hell they are talking about. Zelda a rehash? Smash Bros a rehash? Mario Kart a rehash??? 1 per system is a rehash? Please see a doctor you are clearly missing vital amounts of brain cells. Also Wii U has Monolith Softs X game. Game of the 8th generation PERIOD.

PS4 is 1st, Wii U is 2nd, Xbox One is 3rd and Microsoft leaves the gaming industry. Other then Halo made by 343issue what does it have? Oh right EA....soon to be worst company in North America for a 3rd year in a row.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

WiiU unless it pulls a miracle. The xbox one will destroy the wiu no matter what the cows think.The xbox brand is a way stronger brand than in the ps2 gen.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

WiiU will be last place, by far, if things continue as they are.