Last of Us voted best game ever by Empire Online readers

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Minishdriveby: I would rate Skyward Sword higher than Twilight Princess, actually. But I really liked Skyward Sword a lot. It was great seeing it on this list.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#102 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@Eddie-Vedder said:

@chessmaster1989: If you don't think WoW belongs on a list like this you've gone full retard. I quit WoW at least 5 years ago, but vanilla WoW was one of the greatest games to ever grace the industry. And I've played the vast majority of the games on that list.

This lists are always meh, but both TLoU and WoW belong very high up on any best ever list.

Why? I tried to play WoW a few years back and it was just boring. Just pointless level grinding. Maybe you'll say it gets fun once you get to endgame, but how is a game good if you have to spend dozens of hours being bored in order to have fun? Sorry but I consider that horrible game design.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:
@Eddie-Vedder said:

@chessmaster1989: If you don't think WoW belongs on a list like this you've gone full retard. I quit WoW at least 5 years ago, but vanilla WoW was one of the greatest games to ever grace the industry. And I've played the vast majority of the games on that list.

This lists are always meh, but both TLoU and WoW belong very high up on any best ever list.

Why? I tried to play WoW a few years back and it was just boring. Just pointless level grinding. Maybe you'll say it gets fun once you get to endgame, but how is a game good if you have to spend dozens of hours being bored in order to have fun? Sorry but I consider that horrible game design.

You probably tried to late into the game. Before there were any expansions that game was literally magical. It wasn't even about the end game, it was by far bar none the most detailed, living breathing seamless world in gaming. Each zone was gorgeous, the social aspects were like no other game, every time you'd discover a new area you'd be in awe, I'll never forget discovering Undercirty for the first time and seeing higher level players and just being in awe, and that area just north of Undercity where they would do world pvp because there were no battle grounds back then. My first experience with getting ganked and my first time raiding.

The expansions ruined WoW, that along with opening up the servers to cross servers, expansions made everything feel redundant, you always knew your items would become obsolete cause there was always a new expansion or patch, and cross servers made the servers feel bland and anonymous.

Vanilla WoW was just magical, the servers were isolated so everyone knew the rival guilds and top players, servers had legit celebrities. 40 man raids that you had to spend weeks learning was just an incredible experience that I never had before and never had since.

Seriously Vanilla WoW is probably the greatest game ever made. I've tried getting back into WoW multiple times after the expansions and it's not the same game, it really isn't.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Reminds me of when Christoper Nolan fanboys polluted imdb with all his movies in the top 250.

Hipsters picking flavor of the moment.

Waste of time.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Reminds me of when Christoper Nolan fanboys polluted imdb with all his movies in the top 250.

Waste of time.

...I feel like you don't understand how hipsters work

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 uninspiredcup

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Waste of time.

...I feel like you don't understand how hipsters work

Being correct, knowledge isn't required.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

Best ever is debatable but it is certainly in my top 5 ever.

GTA 3 had a much bigger impact on the industry as a whole. TLOU is definitely the best game of last/current gen though.

I didn't realize that Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 didn't come out last gen...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 uninspiredcup

It seems obvious the Orange Box was the greatest game of last generation.

Sadly, this was 2007, the hipster generation of uncultured tend to go with the latest fad as opposed to a grand picture.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

"literally magical"

Come on now. Get it right.

I played World of Warcraft during its initial release. I had a blast, but in no way can I defend its placement. It is way too high.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, this was 2007, the hipster generation of uncultured tend to go with the latest fad as opposed to a grand picture.

Orange Box isn't a game, it's a collection of games.

The word you're actually thinking of is "mainstream" and it's because YOU are a hipster.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By uninspiredcup

@handssss said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Orange Box isn't a game, it's a collection of games.

The word you're actually thinking of is "mainstream" and it's because YOU are a hipster.

It appears the Orange Box is indeed a game and (apparently) the best.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#113 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Lik dis game if u cry evry time.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Question: What is Empire? :P

It's a film magazine.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 uninspiredcup

@PsychoLemons said:

@Desmonic said:

Question: What is Empire? :P

It's a film magazine.

This makes sense since Naughty Dog barely makes games.

strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

with that title there must be tens of thousands of players playing multiplayer and single player right now

/sarcasm

it is just another game that needs an excuse play it again after a few months of collecting dust

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@uninspiredcup

You can't be serious !

Its clearly got 3 different games inside...

Portal, TF and Half Life....

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#118 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I love Tlou to hell and back but no way is #1 of all time.

I can give you Top 10 contender of all time but no #1 of any kind of shit. Hell, no game should even attempt to occupy that spot under no circumstances.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

I'll never understand that game's hype. Throughout the whole game I've reminded of HL2.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

And to think some believe that shitty Half-Life or Zelda game are even worth wiping TLoU's ass.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Top 10 is not that bad, i wouldn't put TLOU in first place, but like i said, is not that bad...now Journey on 100? that is just plain wrong, it should be top 50 at least.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Literally just finished both the main game and Left Behind. Game is good but not even close to top 10 of all-time.

Game disappointed me in how psychotically action oriented it was. The quieter moments were wonderful and I loved trying to be stealthy. Unfortunately like maybe a quarter or a third into the game it becomes obsessed with tossing you into firefight after firefight, or tosses swarms of infected at you who are immediately aware of your presence.

I actually found myself enjoying Left Behind more as it was really nice sitting back and watching Ellie and Riley's relationship and seeing them enjoy the mall. In the fighting portions there was also good room for stealth and the addition of having humans and infected in the same area was really cool.

Hope they take out some of the action in the sequel. It was like playing the Tomb Raider reboot without the immensely satisfying combat through way too much of the game.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Very funny joke

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

inb4 butthurt master pleb race members 'bu-bu-bu movie game!!!!'. u know who u are *cough* uninspiredcup *cough*

lol empire online, lol reader poll. I'm glad GS called 8.0 twice on dat' movie game.

Oh and lol a lemming hiding behind Playstation. You fanboys always hide behind multiple consoles to bash PC. Dat King.

You must be upset that Half Life 2 is no longer in the spot light.

It's been so long since PC had a great game take best in show....ever. And for reference....GS gave MGS4 which was 12 hours of half cutscenes and half game a perfect 10. So GS scores are not very reliable.

HL2 won game of the decade...

Multiplat...

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#125 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@amazonangry said:

And to think some believe that shitty Half-Life or Zelda game are even worth wiping TLoU's ass.

Oh you've played TLoU? That must mean you own a PS3/PS4. Mind sharing your PSN ID?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Lol stopped respecting their opinion when they have Superman Returns (Movie) a 5 star rating. People were so bored watching that in the Cinema, security had to be called because people were getting disruptive.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

I'm probably the only one who finds this game extremely overrated.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#132 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Half Life 2 at #15, GTA5 at #8, even worse Shenmue #7, and WoW at #3...of all time.....LMAO...seriously..what a shit list.

TLoU is a good game, but # 1 of all time...no f-ing way.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#133 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@amazonangry: The very site you're posting on gave Zelda the nod over The Last of Us.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Lol stopped respecting their opinion when they have Superman Returns (Movie) a 5 star rating. People were so bored watching that in the Cinema, security had to be called because people were getting disruptive.

t's not just them though. For some strange and totally incomprehensible reason that turd was extremely well received by movie critics.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

inb4 butthurt master pleb race members 'bu-bu-bu movie game!!!!'. u know who u are *cough* uninspiredcup *cough*

lol empire online, lol reader poll. I'm glad GS called 8.0 twice on dat' movie game.

Oh and lol a lemming hiding behind Playstation. You fanboys always hide behind multiple consoles to bash PC. Dat King.

You must be upset that Half Life 2 is no longer in the spot light.

It's been so long since PC had a great game take best in show....ever. And for reference....GS gave MGS4 which was 12 hours of half cutscenes and half game a perfect 10. So GS scores are not very reliable.

Multiplat...

So it's not a PC game? You just moved a goal-post again in favor of a hated SW troll....No where did he mention exclusive. Many PC games , multiplat or exclusive, take best in SHOW on a yearly basis for different awards. As PC gets the most high scoring titles every year, such an accomplishment isn't very hard. He was wrong. Flat out. There is no debating this. Stop defending idiots like Huggles, M3Dude, PS4NoGames in every thread they post in. Everyone laughs at them, and now everyone is starting to laugh at you.

You should just stop being so cryptic and go full troll, it'd actually be less annoying.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#136 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

For me it will always be ocarina of time, but last of us is between the top 5 so i am ok with this

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

Jesus... I mean, this game is just awful IMO. It seems these days people just want shitty movies to be their games instead. Have any of you actually payed attention to the dialogue in this game? It's made for 12 year olds. If this piece of shit was on film, it would be unacceptable but since in the game industry mediocrity is considered excellent, it gets ridiculous amounts of praise. This is ND in a nutshell

in 5 years, no one will give a rats ass about this game

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Never heard of Empire Online but the keyboard cannot contain my unbridled rage at such a disgusting list.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#141 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

OMG!!!! So If I ever think differently, I should be burned as a witch!!!!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#142  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Literally just finished both the main game and Left Behind. Game is good but not even close to top 10 of all-time.

Game disappointed me in how psychotically action oriented it was. The quieter moments were wonderful and I loved trying to be stealthy. Unfortunately like maybe a quarter or a third into the game it becomes obsessed with tossing you into firefight after firefight, or tosses swarms of infected at you who are immediately aware of your presence.

I actually found myself enjoying Left Behind more as it was really nice sitting back and watching Ellie and Riley's relationship and seeing them enjoy the mall. In the fighting portions there was also good room for stealth and the addition of having humans and infected in the same area was really cool.

Hope they take out some of the action in the sequel. It was like playing the Tomb Raider reboot without the immensely satisfying combat through way too much of the game.

you fvckin lembot!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

MGS and FF7 at 5 and 4................

Half-Life at 36........ Half-Life 2 at 15.......................

What the hell is wrong with their readers ?.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#145 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

PS3/PS4 have dominate.....again.Thanks SONY......SDC.

TLOU is the best game of all time...........Deal with that.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

GTA V ahead of RDR... LOL

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Multiplat...

So it's not a PC game? You just moved a goal-post again in favor of a hated SW troll....No where did he mention exclusive. Many PC games , multiplat or exclusive, take best in SHOW on a yearly basis for different awards. As PC gets the most high scoring titles every year, such an accomplishment isn't very hard. He was wrong. Flat out. There is no debating this. Stop defending idiots like Huggles, M3Dude, PS4NoGames in every thread they post in. Everyone laughs at them, and now everyone is starting to laugh at you.

You should just stop being so cryptic and go full troll, it'd actually be less annoying.

So much dumbassness with this post.

All of a sudden exclusives don't matter....you were wrong....admit it.

As for everyone laughing at me....I couldn't care less. Frankly....I find it insulting that you're trying to discredit me only after I've called you out twice now for going into threads that you, honestly, have no business being in....and hailing the PC.

It's annoying and PC gamers wonder why ppl hate them. I just remembered....you go so far as to straight up lie about ppl just to make your arugment look better.

It's pathetic. You give PC gaming fans a bad name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14: don't know what your talking about, more in line with my dense comment. Got no real rebuttals left?

Just saying you only ever play lem games because you are a lem. You filthy lemrat...

And Dota 2 is too much to learn for a dense head like me :(

Srsly though, you are the lem of the senchery.

your just getting worse.... maybe I should finally change my avatar so that it does'nt blow your tiny mind so much (Hint hint, TF is also aPC game.)

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

TLOU Remastered is the best version to play on PS4. Nothing more, nothing less.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@roler42 said:

GTA V ahead of RDR... LOL

RDR is a bit of a more fresh experience since nobody ever really did a good western game that was open world like that, but overall gameplay probably wasn't as varied GTA. Story obviously great and I loved hunting and many other elements, but towards the end, I just found myself using the campfires to skip around everywhere too much cause I got tired of riding for several minutes to get to a place on a horse just to start a mission where you begin with a 5 minute horse ride where John and someone else talk back and forth.

GTA has just so much damn stuff to do and everything is more densely populated with life. And seriously, they struck gold with the 3 playable protagonists thing.