Last of Us - NEW HD SCREENSHOTS

#102 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

Did it occur to you that they didn't mean AAA score like we do on SW?

In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion

This is fact. Well done Lostrib. Where do you keep all that knowledge? It's so inspiring to me!!

my anus

That was very insightful, and interesting, please tell me more!

Did you know that taking pepto-bismol can turn your shit black

#103 Posted by MirkoS77 (8378 posts) -

@casharmy said:

It is also glorious that whenever Gamespot talks about TLOU they call it an AAA game and refer to the GS score as simply Tom McShea's review. It's pretty funny actually.

The Test of Time: Looking Back at The Last of Us

It's been a little over a year now since The Last of Us was released. Part of the last hurrah of AAA releases before the dawn of a new console generation, the game had tremendous expectations to live up to. Now that the dust has had some time to settle, and with the game's PlayStation 4 release just a few weeks off, join us as we take a look back at what The Last of Us represented at the time of its release, and as we look forward to what it might contribute to gaming's future.

The Last of Us was met with near-universal critical acclaim. It has a 95 rating on Metacritic, and earned the highest possible review score from a huge number of outlets, with critics particularly praising the game's narrative and atmosphere. Some critics felt that the game was so excellent that it breathed new life into the sometimes-predictable action adventure genre.

For some, however, the game's attempts to foster a sense of dread were undercut by its unwillingness to make death meaningful. In his review for GameSpot, Tom Mc Shea wrote, "The Last of Us refuses to punish failure in a manner befitting the harshness of its world. Become overwhelmed and you quickly perish, but with checkpoints only a few seconds apart, the danger of expiring never dissuades you from recklessness."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-test-of-time-looking-back-at-the-last-of-us/1100-6421041/

lol, at the "for some" part and specifically distancing GS as an outlet and making it a point to note that it was just Tom's opinion on that review and that he was in the minority.

Whenever GS talks about TLOU they always tend to distance themselves from the original score that they gave out, always mentioning the 9.5 metascore. ha

I've seen the underlined criticism noted in one other review, and this is such a pile of horseshit.

"Unwillingness to make death meaningful"? What......like Day Z perma-death? Like MGS3 European difficulty? It would've been interesting to have such an option surely, but why wasn't this complaint laid at the feet of a game like RE4? I think GS damn well knows had TLoU done things differently, they'd be bemoaning the lack of frequency of checkpoints and the frustration that would've caused.

This sounds like nothing more than making up a negative for negative's sake. It is a criticism that can be laid at any game's feet that attempt to create such tension and dread. What a joke.

#104 Edited by 22Toothpicks (11390 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

What's with all the HD remasters? Let's do a PS1 demaster instead!

http://www.playstationing.com/news/wondering-what-the-last-of-us-would-look-like-on-ps1-wonder-no-more/826

rofl now that's a trend I could get behind. Gimme something like Halo with N64 graphics. Would be hilarious.

#106 Posted by santoron (8047 posts) -

Cracks me up how crazy this game is driving the haters. 30 years of video game remakes and last gen chock full of GoTY reissues, but this one is somehow bad or has crossed some line.

Get a life.

#108 Edited by casharmy (6704 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Well this will go nowhere. You say I am defensive, I say you are, and it will go on and on. nuff said.

Not making up numbers, Halo 4 has sold 9 million last I was told/checked. The 2 million "early" adopters was for arguments sake and we all know it didn't sell 2 million in its first 3 days. Clearly I am in rage mode but you are the only one to notice? Ok Professor X you got me.

Right. You are right, I was wrong. TLOU R is the greatest deal and most warranted remake in gaming history. Feel better?

Do I have a PS4? Not yet. Nothing has made me buy it yet. I knew I wanted to play DR3, Titanfall, QB, Halo 5 already so I bought the console. Kinda what I do. Look at whats available/will be and buy that one first.

Edit: I was wrong, Halo 4 supposedly sold 3 mill its first day. 6 million after most people said it sucked. That makes sense.

if you don't own a PS4, why are you making a big deal about a game that is not on the system you choose to buy? Curious actions to me.

And yes, your arguments are weird to me, why are you worried about if TLOU R is "warranted" or not? It's not on the system you choose to buy so why the concern? Does the existence of TLOU R on PS4 cause you to have sleepless nights in some inexplicable way? Should I be upset about HaloMCC?

You say you own a xbox one which up til recently cost $500, so that means you paid $100 more for a system that is factually inferior to the PS4. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite for trying to criticize a product that someone wants based on perceived worth?

Seems kind of childish for someone to be worried about games on another system unless they are interested in getting it or just on some fanboy non-sense. You told me about games you want on x1 (though I didn't ask) cool, just seems your attention is focused elsewhere. Don't care why you bought x1 or the extra $100 you had to spend, I asked about the PS4 because the thread for the game you are so concerned about now is on PS4!

I don't really care about Halo sales, Halo 4 or the Halo collection, that is why I don't own a xbox one. I am also not interested in arguing with you about Halo. let's just say all Halo games are loved by their fans and Halo 4 wasn't criticized by them, "feel better"?

You see I am interested in TLOU R because I own a PS4 and want to play the game with all the content the way that PS4 can do it. If you have already played TLOU on PS3 cool, I have already played past Halo games save pt 4 on MS's old systems (ownd both xbox and xbox360) found them to be poor and now I only own a PS4 so there's nothing to gripe about (me about the halo collection--you about TLOU R)

#109 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1124 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

Really want to see in motion - need dat 60fps

Pretty sure it wont be 60FPS stable.

#110 Posted by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

Guess they CAN improve a top 5 GOAT.

#111 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

@wolverine4262 said:

This looks a lot like a game I've already played... Oh, wait.

next gen developers - making gamers fool to pay for one game twice.

This game mostly for xbros jumping ship from dying xbox brand to ps4.

#112 Posted by Basinboy (11407 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Basinboy said:

Really want to see in motion - need dat 60fps

Pretty sure it wont be 60FPS stable.

Fingers crossed - and lulz if it doesn't.

#114 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10509 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Basinboy said:

Really want to see in motion - need dat 60fps

Pretty sure it wont be 60FPS stable.

and why are you pretty sure?

#115 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

I can't wait to play this top 5 GOAT in 60fps and 1080p

#116 Edited by casharmy (6704 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@casharmy said:

It is also glorious that whenever Gamespot talks about TLOU they call it an AAA game and refer to the GS score as simply Tom McShea's review. It's pretty funny actually.

The Test of Time: Looking Back at The Last of Us

It's been a little over a year now since The Last of Us was released. Part of the last hurrah of AAA releases before the dawn of a new console generation, the game had tremendous expectations to live up to. Now that the dust has had some time to settle, and with the game's PlayStation 4 release just a few weeks off, join us as we take a look back at what The Last of Us represented at the time of its release, and as we look forward to what it might contribute to gaming's future.

The Last of Us was met with near-universal critical acclaim. It has a 95 rating on Metacritic, and earned the highest possible review score from a huge number of outlets, with critics particularly praising the game's narrative and atmosphere. Some critics felt that the game was so excellent that it breathed new life into the sometimes-predictable action adventure genre.

For some, however, the game's attempts to foster a sense of dread were undercut by its unwillingness to make death meaningful. In his review for GameSpot, Tom Mc Shea wrote, "The Last of Us refuses to punish failure in a manner befitting the harshness of its world. Become overwhelmed and you quickly perish, but with checkpoints only a few seconds apart, the danger of expiring never dissuades you from recklessness."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-test-of-time-looking-back-at-the-last-of-us/1100-6421041/

lol, at the "for some" part and specifically distancing GS as an outlet and making it a point to note that it was just Tom's opinion on that review and that he was in the minority.

Whenever GS talks about TLOU they always tend to distance themselves from the original score that they gave out, always mentioning the 9.5 metascore. ha

I've seen the underlined criticism noted in one other review, and this is such a pile of horseshit.

"Unwillingness to make death meaningful"? What......like Day Z perma-death? Like MGS3 European difficulty? It would've been interesting to have such an option surely, but why wasn't this complaint laid at the feet of a game like RE4? I think GS damn well knows had TLoU done things differently, they'd be bemoaning the lack of frequency of checkpoints and the frustration that would've caused.

This sounds like nothing more than making up a negative for negative's sake. It is a criticism that can be laid at any game's feet that attempt to create such tension and dread. What a joke.

it's a Sony exclusive, *shrug* people try to raise the bar and create criteria other games aren't held to.

#117 Posted by cainetao11 (19532 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well this will go nowhere. You say I am defensive, I say you are, and it will go on and on. nuff said.

Not making up numbers, Halo 4 has sold 9 million last I was told/checked. The 2 million "early" adopters was for arguments sake and we all know it didn't sell 2 million in its first 3 days. Clearly I am in rage mode but you are the only one to notice? Ok Professor X you got me.

Right. You are right, I was wrong. TLOU R is the greatest deal and most warranted remake in gaming history. Feel better?

Do I have a PS4? Not yet. Nothing has made me buy it yet. I knew I wanted to play DR3, Titanfall, QB, Halo 5 already so I bought the console. Kinda what I do. Look at whats available/will be and buy that one first.

Edit: I was wrong, Halo 4 supposedly sold 3 mill its first day. 6 million after most people said it sucked. That makes sense.

if you don't own a PS4, why are you making a big deal about a game that is not on the system you choose to buy? Curious actions to me.

And yes, your arguments are weird to me, why are you worried about if TLOU R is "warranted" or not? It's not on the system you choose to buy so why the concern? Does the existence of TLOU R on PS4 cause you to have sleepless nights in some inexplicable way? Should I be upset about HaloMCC?

You say you own a xbox one which up til recently cost $500, so that means you paid $100 more for a system that is factually inferior to the PS4. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite for trying to criticize a product that someone wants based on perceived worth?

Seems kind of childish for someone to be worried about games on another system unless they are interested in getting it or just on some fanboy non-sense. You told me about games you want on x1 (though I didn't ask) cool, just seems your attention is focused elsewhere. Don't care why you bought x1 or the extra $100 you had to spend, I asked about the PS4 because the thread for the game you are so concerned about now is on PS4!

I don't really care about Halo sales, Halo 4 or the Halo collection, that is why I don't own a xbox one. I am also not interested in arguing with you about Halo. let's just say all Halo games are loved by their fans and Halo 4 wasn't criticized by them, "feel better"?

You see I am interested in TLOU R because I own a PS4 and want to play the game with all the content the way that PS4 can do it. If you have already played TLOU on PS3 cool, I have already played past Halo games save pt 4 on MS's old systems (ownd both xbox and xbox360) found them to be poor and now I only own a PS4 so there's nothing to gripe about (me about the halo collection--you about TLOU R)

@casharmy: yes there are many. But in SW exclusives are held in high regard, so when a first party, not rockstar, not square, make one a year after release rather than focus on new experiences its Gonne get crap. If MC collection only had halo 3/4 it would catch hell. But the fact its got a ten year old game redone, plus all the mp and extras it gets a weird pass. I wont spend money on MC collection or this cash in.

That was our first interaction. Does that really sound like I am worried about TLOU? Read your post that I was answering on the first page. You asked why its such a big deal when others have done it. I gave my opinion of why many comment on it. You took it............I don't know where. But you're right, it was me who is defensive and worried

#118 Posted by cainetao11 (19532 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well this will go nowhere. You say I am defensive, I say you are, and it will go on and on. nuff said.

Not making up numbers, Halo 4 has sold 9 million last I was told/checked. The 2 million "early" adopters was for arguments sake and we all know it didn't sell 2 million in its first 3 days. Clearly I am in rage mode but you are the only one to notice? Ok Professor X you got me.

Right. You are right, I was wrong. TLOU R is the greatest deal and most warranted remake in gaming history. Feel better?

Do I have a PS4? Not yet. Nothing has made me buy it yet. I knew I wanted to play DR3, Titanfall, QB, Halo 5 already so I bought the console. Kinda what I do. Look at whats available/will be and buy that one first.

Edit: I was wrong, Halo 4 supposedly sold 3 mill its first day. 6 million after most people said it sucked. That makes sense.

if you don't own a PS4, why are you making a big deal about a game that is not on the system you choose to buy? Curious actions to me.

And yes, your arguments are weird to me, why are you worried about if TLOU R is "warranted" or not? It's not on the system you choose to buy so why the concern? Does the existence of TLOU R on PS4 cause you to have sleepless nights in some inexplicable way? Should I be upset about HaloMCC?

You say you own a xbox one which up til recently cost $500, so that means you paid $100 more for a system that is factually inferior to the PS4. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite for trying to criticize a product that someone wants based on perceived worth?

Seems kind of childish for someone to be worried about games on another system unless they are interested in getting it or just on some fanboy non-sense. You told me about games you want on x1 (though I didn't ask) cool, just seems your attention is focused elsewhere. Don't care why you bought x1 or the extra $100 you had to spend, I asked about the PS4 because the thread for the game you are so concerned about now is on PS4!

I don't really care about Halo sales, Halo 4 or the Halo collection, that is why I don't own a xbox one. I am also not interested in arguing with you about Halo. let's just say all Halo games are loved by their fans and Halo 4 wasn't criticized by them, "feel better"?

You see I am interested in TLOU R because I own a PS4 and want to play the game with all the content the way that PS4 can do it. If you have already played TLOU on PS3 cool, I have already played past Halo games save pt 4 on MS's old systems (ownd both xbox and xbox360) found them to be poor and now I only own a PS4 so there's nothing to gripe about (me about the halo collection--you about TLOU R)

@casharmy: yes there are many. But in SW exclusives are held in high regard, so when a first party, not rockstar, not square, make one a year after release rather than focus on new experiences its Gonne get crap. If MC collection only had halo 3/4 it would catch hell. But the fact its got a ten year old game redone, plus all the mp and extras it gets a weird pass. I wont spend money on MC collection or this cash in.

That was our first interaction. Read the post I was replying to on the first page. You wondered why people post about it. I gave my opinion and you took this to............I don't know where. But you're right I am defensive and making a big deal about TLOU. I mean now I can see it in that seething first post of mine.

"The thing with the Halo collection and why your example doesn't quite workout like TLOU R is, well fans generally didn't like Halo 4."

And yet it has sold 9 million, 3 million in the first day. Where is your info from? Message boards? if so very credible for generalizing millions of people. You went on to ask who hasn't played Halo 3 that wanted to. Well TLOU has sold 7 million copies as of now, yet there are many more that want to play is a cow reason to remaster it.

I love how you point out that I told you about games that made me buy an X1 and you didn't ask. Well please almighty one post a list of do's and donts when posting with you for the rest of us. I buy consoles for games. I bought a 1400 dollar PC for superior hardware.

Wait you played all the Halos except four, and found them to be poor, but you kept playing after the first? You really are a logical guy. Please from the beginning show me the evidence that I am so worried about TLOUR

#119 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

Looks worse than Crysis 2, the Crysis 2 DX11 patch had more work put in to it than this "remaster" & the DX11 patch was free

#120 Posted by Ballroompirate (23741 posts) -

Please don't remind me of that intro....dem feels

#121 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

Looks like that boring game I played.

#122 Posted by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

@MirkoS77

btw thanks for your response in the other TLOU thread. I saw it late and wasn't sure if people wanted me to bump that thread (didn't really seem like anyone was responding any more).

And looking at this thread, there still seems to be continuing hatred for TLOU:R even existing. Like, they don't want it anywhere near the PS4 and TLOU should stay on the PS3. I'm not against criticism of something Sony or Naughty Dog. I just don't think the criticisms make much sense here. There are numerous GOTY, Special Editions and Limited Editions out there that don't even do any visual upgrades. Naughty Dog decide to do a little extra work on the visual aspect (something that's not commonly seen) and seem to be getting hell for it. Yes, it's for the obviously more advanced PS4 console now and not a PS3 reissue, but did someone say that something like this couldn't be done?

If Rockstar just did a 100% copy of the PS360 version of GTA V to PC, with zero improvements, they'd be called the "ultimatelazy asses of all time!"

Gamers, whether they admit it or not, do want those nice visual upgrades when possible, and that's what ND is doing. They're probably catching all this hell because TLOU isn't a multiplatform title. With GTA V, PC fans are getting their satisfaction and will finally play GTA V soon. Rockstar is in the cool book now (after the smack talk they endured the entire year....) But since TLOU still remains on a Sony console, this similar 'Remaster' effort is called worthless, greedy and "nothing special."

#123 Edited by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

This thread is still going?

#124 Posted by Snugenz (12785 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@cainetao11 said:

@casharmy: yes there are many. But in SW exclusives are held in high regard, so when a first party, not rockstar, not square, make one a year after release rather than focus on new experiences its Gonne get crap. If MC collection only had halo 3/4 it would catch hell. But the fact its got a ten year old game redone, plus all the mp and extras it gets a weird pass. I wont spend money on MC collection or this cash in.

In contrast, TLOU is largely considered to be the best game in the entire last generation but ironically it came out the same

Wut???

I know you're a psycho cow but come the fuck on.

#125 Edited by WallofTruth (2084 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are they remastering a flop?

Because cows love paying twice for their flops. It's not like they have anything else to play.

#126 Edited by rosko123 (542 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@rosko123 said:

@speak_low said:

@rosko123 said:

@princessgomez92: How did it flop? Commercially? Critically? Or just on one review?

That user isn't going to give a good answer. They don't even know.

I know :)

What, trying to forget it flopped at Gamespot?

Unlike you I don't let the views of someone else effect my enjoyment of something. The game is fantastic, if you don't agree that's fine but I also doubt that you have even played it.

#127 Posted by SecretPolice (23551 posts) -

Looks real Floptastic.. :P

#130 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

So much cleaner

#131 Edited by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

I suggest everyone right click on this, and open it up on a full screen.

I don't know if your cleaner remark was genuine or not but this comparison really dose show the day and night difference between the original game and the remaster.

It is a huge improvement, you can even see the fine details in the buildings and increased texture detail everywhere. With this there is no further need to gripe about the graphics with this remake.

Things to note when you open this up to full screen:

  1. Difference in texture detail on the stone barricade.
  2. Difference in detail in the skyline
  3. Overall improved building detail
  4. Incredible amount of detail you can now see in the FEDRA banner in front of Jole.

This clearly shows the type of increased graphics detail you normally expect when a console game gets ported to a high end PC.

Recent example to put it in perspective:

Pics of Dark Souls on consoles (released Oct. 4, 2011)

to

Pics of Dark Souls on PC (released Aug. 24, 2012) almost a year later!

The outrage this caused, and non-stopped threads about cash grab everywhere..oh wait, that didn't happen.

Last pic is a comparison of the PS3 version of Dark Souls II to PC, released at the same time.

This is Halo MC collection

and THIS is TLOU R

Source:

http://realgamernewz.com/36219/the-last-of-us-creative-director-all-but-re-confirms-60-frames-per-second-for-ps4-release-has-been-achieved

I don't anyone should have any more complaints about TLOU R graphics. Going to have to find a new angle to bash this. I'll be sure to refer to this comparison if the gfx argument gets used again.

I can't wait to play this. Thanks for adding this to the thread.

#132 Posted by slimdogmilionar (737 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

I buy consoles for games. I bought a 1400 dollar PC for superior hardware.

Wait you played all the Halos except four, and found them to be poor, but you kept playing after the first? You really are a logical guy. Please from the beginning show me the evidence that I am so worried about TLOUR

#BURN

#133 Edited by Snugenz (12785 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

I suggest everyone right click on this, and open it up on a full screen.

I don't know if your cleaner remark was genuine or not but this comparison really dose show the day and night difference between the original game and the remaster.

It is a huge improvement, you can even see the fine details in the buildings and increased texture detail everywhere. With this there is no further need to gripe about the graphics with this remake.

Things to note when you open this up to full screen:

  1. Difference in texture detail on the stone barricade.
  2. Difference in detail in the skyline
  3. Overall improved building detail
  4. Incredible amount of detail you can now see in the FEDRA banner in front of Jole.

This clearly shows the type of increased graphics detail you normally expect when a console game gets ported to a high end PC.

Recent example to put it in perspective:

Pics of Dark Souls on consoles (released Oct. 4, 2011)

to

Pics of Dark Souls on PC (released Aug. 24, 2012) almost a year later!

The outrage this caused, and non-stopped threads about cash grab everywhere..oh wait, that didn't happen.

Last pic is a comparison of the PS3 version of Dark Souls II to PC, released at the same time.

This is Halo MC collection

and THIS is TLOU R

Source:

http://realgamernewz.com/36219/the-last-of-us-creative-director-all-but-re-confirms-60-frames-per-second-for-ps4-release-has-been-achieved

I don't anyone should have any more complaints about TLOU R graphics. Going to have to find a new angle to bash this. I'll be sure to refer to this comparison if the gfx argument gets used again.

I can't wait to play this. Thanks for adding this to the thread.

PS4 isn't a high end PC, not even close.

#134 Posted by UNcartMe (632 posts) -
@kinectthedots said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

I suggest everyone right click on this, and open it up on a full screen.

I don't know if your cleaner remark was genuine or not but this comparison really dose show the day and night difference between the original game and the remaster.

It is a huge improvement, you can even see the fine details in the buildings and increased texture detail everywhere. With this there is no further need to gripe about the graphics with this remake.

Things to note when you open this up to full screen:

  1. Difference in texture detail on the stone barricade.
  2. Difference in detail in the skyline
  3. Overall improved building detail
  4. Incredible amount of detail you can now see in the FEDRA banner in front of Jole.

This clearly shows the type of increased graphics detail you normally expect when a console game gets ported to a high end PC.

Recent example to put it in perspective:

Pics of Dark Souls on consoles (released Oct. 4, 2011)

to

Pics of Dark Souls on PC (released Aug. 24, 2012) almost a year later!

The outrage this caused, and non-stopped threads about cash grab everywhere..oh wait, that didn't happen.

Last pic is a comparison of the PS3 version of Dark Souls II to PC, released at the same time.

This is Halo MC collection

and THIS is TLOU R

Source:

http://realgamernewz.com/36219/the-last-of-us-creative-director-all-but-re-confirms-60-frames-per-second-for-ps4-release-has-been-achieved

I don't anyone should have any more complaints about TLOU R graphics. Going to have to find a new angle to bash this. I'll be sure to refer to this comparison if the gfx argument gets used again.

I can't wait to play this. Thanks for adding this to the thread.

I predict your photos and TLOU R GIF to make this thread very interesting.

#135 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@kinectthedots: If you can't see the "details" as is... then you have a small monitor...

#136 Posted by Wasdie (50640 posts) -

Yup, that's The Last of Us alright.

Looks good but nothing groundbreaking or anything. The 60 fps with a lot less jaggied edges is going to be the real benefit.

#137 Posted by Seabas989 (11024 posts) -

Meh it doesn't do enough to make me buy a PS4.

#138 Posted by heytheredarlin (869 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

@wolverine4262 said:

This looks a lot like a game I've already played... Oh, wait.

next gen developers - making gamers fool to pay for one game twice.

No one's making anyone do anything.

#139 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

I don't know if your cleaner remark was genuine or not but this comparison really dose show the day and night difference between the original game and the remaster.

I was being genuine, it is a lot cleaner looking. You can actually see brick detail now.

The problem with this remaster is that many people were expecting more, I knew that it would just be a res and framerate bump more so than anything else so I'm glad to see just that.

I still don't think it's worth another $60 considering the game is a year old but I guess if you haven't played it before then it makes sense from a business standpoint as people WILL pay the price

#140 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Set to dominate another generation.

Sdc

#141 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9458 posts) -

Funny how much better it looks... Then you see morons say it looks the same or not much better... Then someone posts a gif and owns their face.

#142 Posted by lostrib (42748 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Funny how much better it looks... Then you see morons say it looks the same or not much better... Then someone posts a gif and owns their face.

it was funnier when people were trying to claim TLOU as graphics king

#143 Edited by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

I suggest everyone right click on this, and open it up on a full screen.

I don't know if your cleaner remark was genuine or not but this comparison really dose show the day and night difference between the original game and the remaster.

It is a huge improvement, you can even see the fine details in the buildings and increased texture detail everywhere. With this there is no further need to gripe about the graphics with this remake.

Things to note when you open this up to full screen:

  1. Difference in texture detail on the stone barricade.
  2. Difference in detail in the skyline
  3. Overall improved building detail
  4. Incredible amount of detail you can now see in the FEDRA banner in front of Jole.

This clearly shows the type of increased graphics detail you normally expect when a console game gets ported to a high end PC.

Recent example to put it in perspective:

Pics of Dark Souls on consoles (released Oct. 4, 2011)

to

Pics of Dark Souls on PC (released Aug. 24, 2012) almost a year later!

The outrage this caused, and non-stopped threads about cash grab everywhere..oh wait, that didn't happen.

Last pic is a comparison of the PS3 version of Dark Souls II to PC, released at the same time.

This is Halo MC collection

and THIS is TLOU R

Source:

http://realgamernewz.com/36219/the-last-of-us-creative-director-all-but-re-confirms-60-frames-per-second-for-ps4-release-has-been-achieved

I don't anyone should have any more complaints about TLOU R graphics. Going to have to find a new angle to bash this. I'll be sure to refer to this comparison if the gfx argument gets used again.

I can't wait to play this. Thanks for adding this to the thread.

PS4 isn't a high end PC, not even close.

I didn't say it was.

#144 Posted by commonfate (12834 posts) -

I don't spend $60 on 8/10 games. Pass on that shit.

#145 Edited by dalger21 (1266 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are they remastering a flop?

#146 Posted by Snugenz (12785 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

I suggest everyone right click on this, and open it up on a full screen.

I don't know if your cleaner remark was genuine or not but this comparison really dose show the day and night difference between the original game and the remaster.

It is a huge improvement, you can even see the fine details in the buildings and increased texture detail everywhere. With this there is no further need to gripe about the graphics with this remake.

Things to note when you open this up to full screen:

  1. Difference in texture detail on the stone barricade.
  2. Difference in detail in the skyline
  3. Overall improved building detail
  4. Incredible amount of detail you can now see in the FEDRA banner in front of Jole.

This clearly shows the type of increased graphics detail you normally expect when a console game gets ported to a high end PC.

Recent example to put it in perspective:

Pics of Dark Souls on consoles (released Oct. 4, 2011)

to

Pics of Dark Souls on PC (released Aug. 24, 2012) almost a year later!

The outrage this caused, and non-stopped threads about cash grab everywhere..oh wait, that didn't happen.

Last pic is a comparison of the PS3 version of Dark Souls II to PC, released at the same time.

This is Halo MC collection

and THIS is TLOU R

Source:

http://realgamernewz.com/36219/the-last-of-us-creative-director-all-but-re-confirms-60-frames-per-second-for-ps4-release-has-been-achieved

I don't anyone should have any more complaints about TLOU R graphics. Going to have to find a new angle to bash this. I'll be sure to refer to this comparison if the gfx argument gets used again.

I can't wait to play this. Thanks for adding this to the thread.

PS4 isn't a high end PC, not even close.

I didn't say it was.

You may aswell have, cow gonna cow and all that.

#147 Posted by MlauTheDaft (4519 posts) -

If anyone actually thinks it looks like that on PS3, they've been suscepted to too much PR and too many bullshots.

#148 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2870 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@system-reboot said:

@wolverine4262 said:

This looks a lot like a game I've already played... Oh, wait.

next gen developers - making gamers fool to pay for one game twice.

WOW, the jealousy and insecurity TLOU R is causing to lemmings and hermits is quite remarkable. There are tons of remakes out there but none could really give a rats ass about them existing, or causing such hatred and anger because they are being offered on a new platform.

Look guys I know TLOU is better than every game you fanboys have had on your preferred systems in the last decade but that is no reason to be showing such rage and hostility trying to convince yourselves and others that this game coming out on the PS4 is the apocalypse.

You guys obviously feel threatened because the games on your preferred systems are inferior to TLOU and more exposure on a new system will earn the title even more praise. There is no need to be frightened though, just admit the games on the systems you fanboy for are inferior, go out to pick up a PS4 and enjoy this game along with all the other people who will experience this new and improved on the PS4. You will be a lot happier than throwing fits and begging people not to get it as if your life depended on it.

Cry some more that Black Mesa is available for free and it's a remake for a game that actually had an impact on gaming and changed it forever and a highly rated game than anything ND could ever come up with in their life. Remind me again what impact TLOU had on gaming? Would we even remember that flop a year from now on? Answer that or STFU!

#149 Edited by OhSnapitz (18721 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

So much cleaner

And.. down goes the Haters!

#150 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10509 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are they remastering a flop?