AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Looks nice. I look forward to owning and playing this some day.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I'd still prefer if you could plop in your ps3 disc into your ps4 console, pay an extra $15 and get a digital version of the remastered one for ps4 locked to that console. That'd be good enough for me, but honestly, if I only keep the ps3 version aroudn my house it will never get played again.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#203 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@ermacness said:

@bldgirsh said:

Well, duh you need AT LEAST a 60 inch TV to see some difference. /sarcasm

Anyways, cows like it when games have remastered graphics so this one will be a sure hit.

Oh come now!

The lems biggest title this year, is a remaster. Stop being hypocritical.

Well, ya it's true but a remaster of 4 games and Multiplayer maps from all of them in one secular multiplayer. That's a nice remaster edition, anyways both systems are lacking.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@ermacness said:

@bldgirsh said:

Well, duh you need AT LEAST a 60 inch TV to see some difference. /sarcasm

Anyways, cows like it when games have remastered graphics so this one will be a sure hit.

Oh come now!

The lems biggest title this year, is a remaster. Stop being hypocritical.

Forza Horizon 2? I will have to check that out.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#205 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

I'd still prefer if you could plop in your ps3 disc into your ps4 console, pay an extra $15 and get a digital version of the remastered one for ps4 locked to that console. That'd be good enough for me, but honestly, if I only keep the ps3 version aroudn my house it will never get played again.

Or perhaps, plop the PS3 disc in your PS4 console and have the game not only boot, but get the upgrades through hardware upscaling.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Phazevariance said:

Or perhaps, plop the PS3 disc in your PS4 console and have the game not only boot, but get the upgrades through hardware upscaling.

That's nigh impossible and last gens attempts at backwards compatibility showed that. You either got shitty software emulation (360) that supported like 60% of the OGXbox's library (and even many of those titles had issues) or you paid extra money for a console with hardware emulation (PS3) that was discontinued extremely early on and even then it wasn't 100% up to snuff.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

Yeah that looks like it's worth 50 bones...lmfao.

EDIT: People actually justified this money grab for 10 pages in a thread I made......That shit is weak sauce.

Same exact game....with less blur. The POWER!!!!

That's 50 dollars of power baby!!

Shit should be backwards compatible with that weak ass money grab showing...scums.

What if someone just bought a console this gen? TLOU is a great game. I think for a PS4 owner, it would be well worth their money if they haven't played it. And even if someone wants to rebuy it...so what? Its their money.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

This game was made for those who skipped or hadn't have the chance to play it on ps3 because they didn't owned the system. If you've played this a year ago and double dipping you suck. Milk milk milk this is milking

No it wasn't. It was made to cash in on it's success with hopes that cows would repurchase the game because they love to be milked. Call it for what it is cow.

Too much stupid in one thread. Please leave the thread to relieve it of some stupid. Much obliged.

It's milkage at it's finest. You want to play def, dumb and blind go right ahead cow. I wouldn't pay $50 to play a game I just played last year with slightly better graphics. If I cared about DLC I'd of already played it.

Carry on cow, go get that milk.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50546 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

This game was made for those who skipped or hadn't have the chance to play it on ps3 because they didn't owned the system. If you've played this a year ago and double dipping you suck. Milk milk milk this is milking

No it wasn't. It was made to cash in on it's success with hopes that cows would repurchase the game because they love to be milked. Call it for what it is cow.

Too much stupid in one thread. Please leave the thread to relieve it of some stupid. Much obliged.

It's milkage at it's finest. You want to play def, dumb and blind go right ahead cow. I wouldn't pay $50 to play a game I just played last year with slightly better graphics. If I cared about DLC I'd of already played it.

Not buying it.

Doesn't stop you from being an idiot.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

EDIT: People actually justified this money grab for 10 pages in a thread I made......That shit is weak sauce.

Shit should be backwards compatible with that weak ass money grab showing...scums.

What if someone just bought a console this gen? TLOU is a great game. I think for a PS4 owner, it would be well worth their money if they haven't played it. And even if someone wants to rebuy it...so what? Its their money.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 kingtito

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

Not buying it.

Doesn't matter to me cow. You and your fellow cows love being milked. Do what you have to do loser, keep feeding Sony that milk money.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Just bought a PS4 to go alongside my Xbox One so assuming it works (It was used) I'll pick this up since I never played the PS3 version.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 clone01

@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

Amusing gif and all, why don't you provide a legitimate argument, rather than spout fanboy drivel. Your actions are just as silly as the sony fanboys you bash here. Why fight idiocy with more idiocy?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 B4X

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

Amusing gif and all, why don't you provide a legitimate argument, rather than spout fanboy drivel. Your actions are just as silly as the sony fanboys you bash here. Why fight idiocy with more idiocy?

I have. Enjoy the read.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

I have. Enjoy the read.

be prepared for meltdown

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Chutebox

@kingtito said:

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

Not buying it.

Doesn't matter to me cow. You and your fellow cows love being milked. Do what you have to do loser, keep feeding Sony that milk money.

Looks like you're not only an idiot, but suffer from a lack of reading comprehension as well. Pity.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

I have. Enjoy the read.

be prepared for meltdown

Be prepared for Damage control from cows justifying this practice. To protect their Sony.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 clone01
@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

I have. Enjoy the read.

So don't buy it. Its not like these companies are holding a gun to your head. You act like its some crime against humanity. Are people not allowed to enjoy and purchase something you wouldn't?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Chutebox

@b4x:

That gif doesn't really support your previous stance.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 B4X

@clone01 said:
@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:

@clone01 said:

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

I have. Enjoy the read.

So don't buy it. Its not like these companies are holding a gun to your head. You act like its some crime against humanity. Are people not allowed to enjoy and purchase something you wouldn't?

Is it truly a direction you want to see your hobby take?

Look at the arcade games that were purchased last gen by gamers. They are starting to re-master those also "Walking Dead" "Minecraft". The list is huge.

More than Half of my entire arcade collection that is handcuffed on 7th gen consoles is already written for the PC in x86 architecture.... Sounds legit that they are double dipping on those games too? Instead of bringing our games over to this gen?

Just my views on the situation. I respect yours too.

/peace

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By B4X

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

It symbolizes Cows agreeing with this money grab movement in my thread, or this thread. If you are not one of the supporters of this fucking straight out robbery of the people that gave 60 for the game a year ago.

Let it slide. It should mean nothing to you?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Chutebox

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

It symbolizes Cows agreeing with this money grab movement in my thread, or this thread. If you are not one of the supporters of this fucking straight out robbery of the people that gave 60 for the game a year ago.

Let it slide. I should mean nothing to you?

Well, apart from your misuse of the word robbery, it doesn't matter to me. Just pointing out that you contradicted yourself.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By B4X

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

Well, apart from your misuse of the word robbery, it doesn't matter to me. Just pointing out that you contradicted yourself.

There is no contradiction? If the shoe fits, one must wear it?

There is Zero justification in this practice. That is my stance on the issue. It is an issue for ME.

If you are a known cow and you come in a thread to solely back these strategies that these corporations are taking. That gif fits.

There is no justification for this. It's a calculated strategy to do one thing. Extort gamers. I'm sorry if you don't see that.

I do.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Chutebox

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

There is Zero justification in this practice. That is my stance on the issue. It is an issue for ME.

If you are a known cow and you come in a thread to solely back these strategies that these corporations are taking. That gif fits.

There is no justification for this. It's a calculated strategy to do one thing. Extort gamers. I'm sorry if you don't see that.

I do.

My point was, he presented a situation where you have already agreed that you had no problem with. Yet now, you posted that gif.

Whatever

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 lostrib

@b4x: why do you keep trying to frame this as some sort of criminal offense ?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By B4X

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

I do.

My point was, he presented a situation where you have already agreed that you had no problem with. Yet now, you posted that gif.

Whatever

Whatever is right. He was solely doing one thing. Not taking into count the people that Already bought the game. If I understood him correctly?

Justifying only new purchasers. Leaving the initial customers that bought the game already, holding their dicks. Basically saying they don't matter? Not using those words exactly. That's what I took from it though. If this is justifiable to that group of people that did buy the game a year ago? Should they/we have no say in the matter?

You can't have a one sided debate. That's not a debate. That's a dictatorship. If you don't agree with my views. That's fine. Don't throw you BLANKET statements at me, or a group of people that feel duped.

The gif may have been out of context to what he said. He was using a one-sided debate not seeing my views either. Dismissing me.

Is he a cow. Who knows. I thought it was appropriate to the context of his tone.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

peafowlplumage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By peafowlplumage
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

@lostrib: The PS4 can't live up to the hype; it is time for the reckoning. 1080p with almost 60fps. **** outta here lostrib

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 lostrib

@peafowlplumage: what?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

Not criminal. Just unwarranted by me, and the other people that dropped 60 a year ago for this money grab. This is no practice I want to see implemented into one my Favorite hobbies. I will stand up against this underhandedness.

To me man. It's just wrong. I never said the posters were wrong for supporting this shit. I said I think it is wrong. "context"

I just debated against that view that I thought was unjust. Nothing more. I will never support this.

You're a PC gamer man. You know what TRUE digital means. There should be no acceptations just because it's a console? This is a calculated move to extort me as a person and gamer. Would this even hold a fucking chance in the PC gaming community? Would PC gamers buy these money grabs, or even support this structure? Ask yourself that question? Then tell me why this should be acceptable on a console that is connected to the internet and has huge storage devices?

It's just my view on the whole strategy. I think it's wrong.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony and these Naughty Dogs devs are exposing that stuff like "60fps" doesn't matter unless they tell their fans it is so because their fans will eat up whatever shit they say to sell this "difference not very major not even a year" port. If you have a PS3 still, might as well get it there so you can at least play online free. Also we shouldn't be surprised if this is a PS+ free game sooner than later.

peafowlplumage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 peafowlplumage
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

@b4x: @lostrib: Bang bang

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Times like this remind me why I am so grateful of the pc platform being backwards compatible with over 15 years worth of games....

and mods for example gta4 modded on pc owns gta5 on console.

Yes mods make IV look better. They still can't make IV a better game than V or even San Andreas.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 lostrib

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

Not criminal. Just unwarranted by me, and the other people that dropped 60 a year ago for this money grab. This is no practice I want to see implemented into one my Favorite hobbies. I will stand up against this underhandedness.

To me man. It's just wrong. I never said the posters were wrong for supporting this shit. I said I think it is wrong. "context"

I just debated against that view that I thought was unjust. Nothing more. I will never support this.

You're a PC gamer man. You know what TRUE digital means. There should be no acceptations just because it's a console? This is a calculated move to extort me as a person and gamer. Would this even hold a fucking chance in the PC gaming community? Would PC gamers buy these money grabs, or even support this structure? Ask yourself that question? Then tell me why this should be acceptable on a console that is connected to the internet and has huge storage devices?

You've called robbery and extortion, both of which are crimes

how are they extorting you?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#236 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11245 Posts

What do you mean the graphics look the same? That difference is night and day in my eyes. the PS3 version looks like a blurry youtube video before you change the settings to HD.

Like DVD vs blu-ray copy. Okay, maybe not that extravagant, but the difference between the 720p of PS3 and 1080p resolution of the PS4 is conspicuous and I can only imagine the difference will be even greater once played on my TV.

I have TLOU on PS3, but when I get a PS4, I'll probably buy this remake down the road.

People here who expected brand new dynamic lighting, more advanced shading options, tessellation, and new textures are out of their mind. It's just a 720p --> 1080p upgrade, not a new game.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

What about those that never played the game?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#238 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Not very major? Not only is it a slight increase to the assets and the rendering (lighting/shading) it's also rendering at 1080p60.

The PS3 version runs at 720p and 30fps with frequent dips.

1280x720 = 921,600

1920x1080 = 2,073,600

921,600 x 30 = 27,648,000 pixels per second

2,073,600 x 60 = 124,416,000 pixels per second

That's a 450% increase in the amount of pixels rendered within 1 second. Then you have to include noticeably better assets and rendering used.

That's not a "small" increase.

There's a law of diminishing returns going on here, though. I mean, it doesn't practically look 4.5 X better, does it?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#239  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@donalbane said:

@Wasdie said:

Not very major? Not only is it a slight increase to the assets and the rendering (lighting/shading) it's also rendering at 1080p60.

The PS3 version runs at 720p and 30fps with frequent dips.

1280x720 = 921,600

1920x1080 = 2,073,600

921,600 x 30 = 27,648,000 pixels per second

2,073,600 x 60 = 124,416,000 pixels per second

That's a 450% increase in the amount of pixels rendered within 1 second. Then you have to include noticeably better assets and rendering used.

That's not a "small" increase.

There's a law of diminishing returns going on here, though. I mean, it doesn't practically look 4.5 X better, does it?

Of course not, but it does give you a good indication of how much more powerful the PS4 is and how big of an effect diminishing returns really has on final image quality.

You will notice a much sharper and cleaner picture on the PS4 version. The framerate increase alone will be worth it in my opinion. The framerate increase is a huge deal for terms of playability.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kingtito

@SambaLele said:

@kingtito said:

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

What about those that never played the game?

Small percentage of cows will pick this up. 80+ million PS3s and only 7 million TLOUs sold. What does that tell you?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@handssss said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

Times like this remind me why I am so grateful of the pc platform being backwards compatible with over 15 years worth of games....

and mods for example gta4 modded on pc owns gta5 on console.

Yes mods make IV look better. They still can't make IV a better game than V or even San Andreas.

It was pointing out the huge impact mods make on pc. I have not played gta5 yet as I am waiting for the pc version. I have no doubt the pc version will be the best version and have some amazing mods.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

lulz total meltdown becoz this game won so many awards n now coming on ps4. this is a whole new game n experience. it's 1080p 60fps got all dlc past present n future, on better psn online only for 50 bucks! that's a steal unlike mario n halo games which r milked

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

It's a metaphor. My feelings on the whole crooked fucking situation. No felonies have been committed. That I'm aware of.

You do know what a metaphor is? See this is the STUPID shit you ask me. King of the bait-shop.

You honestly believe I think this is a crime, or are you really dumb or just trolling the waters?

I'm going to have to go with boat captain on this one.

You filthy whore now make me a sandwich!!!

I sorry baby I didn't mean it :P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

lulz total meltdown becoz this game won so many awards n now coming on ps4. this is a whole new game n experience. it's 1080p 60fps got all dlc past present n future, on better psn online only for 50 bucks! that's a steal unlike mario n halo games which r milked

a whole new game?

lulz

worst fakeboy ever

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 B4X

@MonsieurX said:

@_SWAG_ said:

a whole new game?

lulz

worst fakeboy ever

I pray to god he's a fake. That shit can't be real?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The graphics weren't the major flaw of the PS3 game. The A.I. was. If they worked on the A.I. for the PS4 version I might have considered the purchase. But since that seems to have been untouched, I think I will pass. The story is great and anyone who hasn't played should! But the gameplay and A.I. do nothing but hurt the overall experience.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 lostrib

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

It's a metaphor. My feelings on the whole crooked fucking situation. No felonies have been committed. That I'm aware of.

You do know what a metaphor is? See this is the STUPID shit you ask me. King of the bait-shop.

You honestly believe I think this is a crime, or are you really dumb or just trolling the waters?

Except a metaphor works as a comparison between two things because it asserts that they are the same on some level

How exactly is the release of a video game the same as robbery or extortion? They're not taking any money from you, nor forcing you to buy the game

I would say at best it's hyperbole

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

Except a metaphor works as a comparison between two things because it asserts that they are the same on some level

How exactly is the release of a video game the same as robbery or extortion? They're not taking any money from you, nor forcing you to buy the game

They are the same to some people? Unless SOMEONE is trying to take it out of context. cough "you" cough

Stop squirming, it's to cute.

• met·a·phor
  • [ méttÉ™ fàwr ]
  1. implicit comparison: the use to describe somebody or something of a word or phrase that is not meant literally but by means of a vivid comparison expresses something about him, her, or it, e.g. saying that somebody is a snake
  2. figurative language: all language that involves figures of speech or symbolism and does not literally represent real things
  3. symbol: one thing used or considered to represent another
B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 B4X

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

They are the same to some people? Unless SOMEONE is trying to take it out of context. cough "you" cough

Stop squirming, it's to cute.

• met·a·phor
  • [ méttÉ™ fàwr ]
  1. implicit comparison: the use to describe somebody or something of a word or phrase that is not meant literally but by means of a vivid comparison expresses something about him, her, or it, e.g. saying that somebody is a snake
  2. figurative language: all language that involves figures of speech or symbolism and does not literally represent real things
  3. symbol: one thing used or considered to represent another

Jesus feking Christ. All you two do is snap at each other. Lets just accept peoples opinions. B4X doesn't like rehashes. He explains his reasons. Lostrib doesn't seem to care, but still pokes at B4X for a reaction I guess. This is all whats happening here.

I will buy this game on PS4 because I owned a 360 last gen and never played it. For me, its a good deal. Now the no upgrade from PS3 to PS4 thing is shit. They should get on that. But noone is making anyone rebuy the game I suppose. And I still want Uncharted 1-3 collection.

Dude he's in love with me. Please step aside and let the boy have his fantasy. Why would you try to crush his dreams?

I would be ashamed!! :p