Last of Us Graphics Comparison of PS3 vs PS4 Not Very Major

#101 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14106 posts) -

lems are just so distraught..

#102 Posted by Lucianu (9427 posts) -

I thought people where aware by now that Youtube comparisons are as worthless as trying to race a rock. They're not representative of the final product, you're going to see the difference once you have the game. The 60 FPS improvement will make a huge difference in responsiveness and fluidity, and the jump to 1080p will improve the fidelity of the graphics. It's not all about the graphics anyway. It'll have extra content.

All in all, whether it's worth 50 bucks or not is up to you, but i say it's a nice version for collectors and the definitive edition for people that didn't get to play it on the PS3.

#103 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1737 posts) -

It looks much sharper.. how a remaster is supposed to look. If you want real next gen wait for UC4.

#104 Posted by B4X (4793 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

Comparing a new game price with used game? B4X logic!

Used and New = Different game.

I wasn't aware. Thanks.

You're being intentionally dense. Or so I hope.

I swear this is just B4X. This is him. A complete idiot lol.

He'll flag me now thou :(

Your insult campaign with zero insight on anything I say. Is getting old. It's everyday like clock-work.

You need to find a new hobby. I would pull the same immature stunts. I'm not a twunt though?

I flag no-one. You just love t3h B4X. You're like that girl in school always irritating me, only secretly wanting to swallow my load.

All in due time Baby. There's plenty for all you bitches.

You um...your whole post was just that bud lol

Just facts. He loves t3h B4X. He follows me around like my bitch?

This game is nothing but a money grab and you know it.

#105 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

@b4x: Well no shit. All remasters are. Least they are putting effort into it though and it's more than worth it for those who havne't played the game.

#106 Posted by AM-Gamer (3937 posts) -

@speedfog: You realize you are basing all this off a badly compressed video.

#107 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4136 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: Cow meltdown in full affect. So now GS is purposely faking PS4 scenes?

#108 Edited by B4X (4793 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x: Well no shit. All remasters are. Least they are putting effort into it though and it's more than worth it for those who havne't played the game.

You're 100% right about the value to gamers that have not played it. I have zero argument.

Accept for the effort part. My eyes are lying? You saw UC4 right? If that is true release code?

You call this effort? I call it a dirty money grab.

#109 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9769 posts) -

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@Nengo_Flow: Cow meltdown in full affect. So now GS is purposely faking PS4 scenes?

No meltdown... its a game I love, already own, and will be getting it again for the PS4.

And you clearly didnt read what I said. Its the PS3 version that GS is clearly faking. Its the fact that people could see how obviously altered that footage is in that comparison.

#110 Posted by kingtito (4966 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

This game was made for those who skipped or hadn't have the chance to play it on ps3 because they didn't owned the system. If you've played this a year ago and double dipping you suck. Milk milk milk this is milking

No it wasn't. It was made to cash in on it's success with hopes that cows would repurchase the game because they love to be milked. Call it for what it is cow.

#111 Posted by bobbetybob (19278 posts) -

Wow, that was a really bad Nirvana cover.

#112 Posted by lostrib (37036 posts) -

@b4x said:

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

Yeah that looks like it's worth 50 bones...lmfao.

EDIT: People actually justified this money grab for 10 pages in a thread I made......That shit is weak sauce.

Same exact game....with less blur. The POWER!!!!

That's 50 dollars of power baby!!

Shit should be backwards compatible with that weak ass money grab showing...scums.

At least is a 2013 game that happen with Tomb Raider and several other games that arrived before the PS4 was here,how about Halo recycle crap that is on all xbox platforms.

You don't like recycle games do what i do don't buy them.

Here is a thread I made... Stating the exact same things you just said. You have no case.

Read and bump it.. It's my views on this BS.

in other words, it's mainly him ranting like a crazy person

#113 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1962 posts) -

Thread backfire. TLHBO.

#114 Edited by coasterguy65 (5971 posts) -

So basically a GOTY version with slightly beefed up performance. Sort of what I was expecting. Great for people who never got to play it on the PS3, and Sony Drones...a money grab for everyone else.

#115 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14106 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

looks like a PS4 vs xbone game

#116 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@b4x said:

Hey I hear you like less blurry with your rehash. Well there you go baby.

This game has ZERO excuse not being a backwards compatible port. Money grubbing industry is..... weak.

Isn't the one getting 4 rehashes this year? All in one package?

#117 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

This game was made for those who skipped or hadn't have the chance to play it on ps3 because they didn't owned the system. If you've played this a year ago and double dipping you suck. Milk milk milk this is milking

No it wasn't. It was made to cash in on it's success with hopes that cows would repurchase the game because they love to be milked. Call it for what it is cow.

Too much stupid in one thread. Please leave the thread to relieve it of some stupid. Much obliged.

#118 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

You're 100% right about the value to gamers that have not played it. I have zero argument.

Accept for the effort part. My eyes are lying? You saw UC4 right? If that is true release code?

Pretty sure they'd have to redo the whole game to get it to look like Uncharted. I don't know shit about developing games though.

#119 Edited by Gue1 (10020 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

Pretty sure they'd have to redo the whole game to get it to look like Uncharted. I don't know shit about developing games though.

yeah, assets are on a whole new level even compared to PC games and this make herms mad.

#120 Posted by lostrib (37036 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

yeah, assets are on a whole new level even compared to PC games and this make herms mad.

#121 Posted by B4X (4793 posts) -

@lostrib: You can do better than that to DERAIL this thread to?

#122 Edited by lostrib (37036 posts) -

@b4x said:

flagged for attempting to derail this thread

#123 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

It's clearer for sure. I would pay $10+ for better enemy AI though. Where is that version?

True...lol!! I'm not wasting my money on this though. I'm sure they will offer it as a FREE download sometime in 2015. I'll grab it then. Not worth an additional $50. I'll save that cash for the remastered Uncharted Trilogy. At least I'll get 3 games for that price.

#124 Edited by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

Since the PS4 version claim to have all the bells and whistles, then it better score better than the PS3 version here on GS or all this argument that this isn't a money grab it's the transformative experience or whatever PR spin they're calling this version, was all for nothing. Some are making it seem this is such an upgrade, well it better score better then. But like the title say, the differences aren't very major, it's basically the same game so it should score the same flop score here on GS.

#125 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Since the PS4 version claim to have all the bells and whistles, then it better score better than the PS3 version here on GS or all this argument that this isn't a money grab it's the transformative experience or whatever PR spin they're calling this version, was all for nothing. Some are making it seem this is such an upgrade, well it better score better then. But like the title say, the differences aren't very major, it's basically the same game so it should score the same flop score here on GS.

I guess the New Halo collection coming out, considering it has 4 games in it, should score like... a 38 here?

Brilliant!

#126 Posted by melonfarmerz (1173 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

Do you try to sound stupid or something?

#127 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Comparing pre-rendered cut scenes and only showing them at 720p 30fps even though the PS4 version is 1080p 60fps... OK that's a fair comparison.

#128 Edited by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@gago-gago said:

I guess the New Halo collection coming out, considering it has 4 games in it, should score like... a 38 here?

Brilliant!

I don't get it. That's a collection which include games from as early as 2000s, totally different from this one year old remake. But if you do compare Halo: The Master Chief Collection to The Last of Us PS4 version, it puts The Last of Us PS4 version to shame x4 x38. TLoU is just like NBA2k14, Tomb Raider, Madden, Asscreed and other games that are available for last gen and current gen. It's nothing special.

#129 Edited by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

@gago-gago: Lol, you silly fanboys are hilarious

#130 Posted by SolidTy (43381 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

I thought people where aware by now that Youtube comparisons are as worthless as trying to race a rock. They're not representative of the final product, you're going to see the difference once you have the game. The 60 FPS improvement will make a huge difference in responsiveness and fluidity, and the jump to 1080p will improve the fidelity of the graphics. It's not all about the graphics anyway. It'll have extra content.

All in all, whether it's worth 50 bucks or not is up to you, but i say it's a nice version for collectors and the definitive edition for people that didn't get to play it on the PS3.

I came in this thread and I laughed and said, "Youtube?!" lol.

I'm not interested in this PS4 port, but even I know youtube comparisons are a waste of time.

#131 Posted by foxhound_fox (88418 posts) -

Well, no shit.

A top-of-the-line PS3 game gets ported to the PS4 and people expect this vast improvement? You are basically getting an up-res from ~720p to 1080p. That doesn't make it appear vastly different to the average set of eyes.

#132 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

flagged for attempting to derail this thread

HA! I see what you did there.

#133 Posted by Guy_Brohski (293 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Couth_ said:

looks like a PS4 vs xbone game

This totally. One looks a little darker and slightly sharper.

#134 Posted by silversix_ (14638 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

calm yo tits big bwoii i said its a milkage game but there's also a boatload of lems who've migrated from MS's sinking ship to ps4 who never had the chance to play this masterpiece. For me i don't care, i wouldn't buy it even for $20 but im sure there's many who do.

#135 Edited by MirkoS77 (7503 posts) -

I'm content plunking down my life savings of $50 just to see the indignation of all those who think this remaster's not worth it. Cutscenes mean nothing, the differences there will of course be minimal at best. The difference is to be seen in gameplay models, texture work, all at double the framerate at a higher resolution. If this is to be believed, cutscene assets are now used in gameplay.

That's cutscene vs. gameplay. I realize that there's a degree of post-processing effects in play there, but regardless, that's still a significant jump in visual fidelity overall even without them. I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's going to be such a simple resolution boost with just a higher framerate.

#136 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12388 posts) -

I dont really see the difference. I mean it's minimal. I'm buying it because I freaking love the Last of Us and even if the difference is minor I'll buy it and replay it on my PS4. My PS3 will be boxed up soon and at least I wont have to break it out to play LoU.

#137 Posted by handssss (1836 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

calm yo tits big bwoii i said its a milkage game but there's also a boatload of lems who've migrated from MS's sinking ship to ps4 who never had the chance to play this masterpiece. For me i don't care, i wouldn't buy it even for $20 but im sure there's many who do.

indeed. It's already been officially stated that like 1/3 of the total ps4 player base never had a ps3, so this is perfect. People claim to accept that, so now the bitching is about ND supposedly not working hard enough and making it a value. $50 with ALL the DLC, bumping resolution and fps up to proper console standards for this gen, and the game already looked amazing enough on ps3. If it hardly looks better in the shitty youtube videos we have to go by atm, it's merely a testament to how good the ps3 version looked. This is a remaster, not a remake. People expecting them to turn water into wine are going to be sorely disappointed.

#138 Edited by AznbkdX (3209 posts) -

I can kind of agree that its not very major based on that comparison vid (hence remastered), but it is still clearer in the remastered. Luckily for me I never played the original so its definitely worth the price anyways. If you already played it... its a tough sell for sure imo.

#139 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5298 posts) -
@melonfarmerz said:

@Gue1 said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

How is it stupid? The character models are using 80,000 polys. That's beyond any PC game out there today. Who is to say they are not? I doubt that lighting and stuff will be far beyond, but assets very well could be. Those assets were originally created for the Cell and RSX together. Most PC games are 360 ports that have assets created for the 360 GPU first, then ported the same assets to PC then add effects on top. And they have improved some of the assets (like characters) for TLOU R. I have no doubt that it has some of the highest quality assets in games today. Minus Ryse, and other 8th gen games. Lighting will most likely be beaten by some PC games today thou. And textures.

#140 Edited by darktruth007 (504 posts) -

Funny when I bought a ps3 and the last of us I thought it was gonna be one of the most brilliant games ever. Instead it just turned out to be a mediocre action game with a really bad story. Good thing this wasn't the only reason I bought a ps3.

Now don't get me wrong the ps3 is still a great system but its certainly not because of this piece of crap game.

#141 Edited by handssss (1836 posts) -

@darktruth007 said:

Funny when I bought a ps3 and the last of us I thought it was gonna be one of the most brilliant games ever. Instead its just a mediocre action game with a really bad story. Good thing this wasn't the only reason I bought a ps3.

Now don't get me wrong the ps3 is still a great system but its certainly not because of this piece of crap game.

#142 Posted by _SWAG_ (2595 posts) -

lulz lems so jelly bcoz this is the best remake ever. not even halo remake collect can touch this like mc hammer. this is how u remake games thanks to sony they know how to get it in

#143 Posted by Micropixel (906 posts) -
@silversix_ said:

^^^^

#144 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@b4x said:

Yeah that looks like it's worth 50 bones...lmfao.

EDIT: People actually justified this money grab for 10 pages in a thread I made......That shit is weak sauce.

Same exact game....with less blur. The POWER!!!!

That's 50 dollars of power baby!!

Shit should be backwards compatible with that weak ass money grab showing...scums.

You know PS4 uses x86-64 architecture right ?

#145 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

This game has ZERO excuse not being a backwards compatible port. Money grubbing industry is..... weak.

True. Microsoft was just planning on releasing just one remastered Halo game every year, but the current sales trajectory of the Xbone forced them to take drastic measures.

#146 Posted by lostrib (37036 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

True. Microsoft was just planning on releasing just one remastered Halo game every year, but the current sales trajectory of the Xbone forced them to take drastic measures.

lol brofists

#147 Edited by Flubbbs (3099 posts) -

watch the 1080p 60fps trailer.. there is a very noticeable difference

#148 Posted by santoron (7741 posts) -

Well, I can't really judge graphics using compressed and streamed video, but I mostly agree that the upgrade doesn't seem substantial, which says quite a lot about what a great looking game the PS3 version was, IMO.

However it turns out, the PS4 version will be the one I'll play whenever I get around to it.

#149 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@melonfarmerz said:

@Gue1 said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

How is it stupid? The character models are using 80,000 polys. That's beyond any PC game out there today. Who is to say they are not? I doubt that lighting and stuff will be far beyond, but assets very well could be. Those assets were originally created for the Cell and RSX together. Most PC games are 360 ports that have assets created for the 360 GPU first, then ported the same assets to PC then add effects on top. And they have improved some of the assets (like characters) for TLOU R. I have no doubt that it has some of the highest quality assets in games today. Minus Ryse, and other 8th gen games. Lighting will most likely be beaten by some PC games today thou. And textures.

Do you have a source for that polygon figure? Plus there's no need to brag about that if they're using LODs with half or even quarter the amount of polygons in the main mesh.

#150 Edited by scatteh316 (4927 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@melonfarmerz said:

@Gue1 said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

And yet the characters don't look all that great, even Tomb Raider on PC which is a PORT has better looking character models then TLOU remastered.