Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

See for yourself but i don't really see a major difference, slightly more detail on character models but not much else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPF9rU343aU

I haven't done the Tomb Raider comparison yet but, from what i'm seeing here, i gotta' admit i'm a bit disappointed i thought it would be a lot more of a difference than this.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts
Loading Video...

Yeah that looks like it's worth 50 bones...lmfao.

EDIT: People actually justified this money grab for 10 pages in a thread I made......That shit is weak sauce.

Same exact game....with less blur. The POWER!!!!

That's 50 dollars of power baby!!

Shit should be backwards compatible with that weak ass money grab showing...scums.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Well, duh you need AT LEAST a 60 inch TV to see some difference. /sarcasm

Anyways, cows like it when games have remastered graphics so this one will be a sure hit.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

#SDCbaby

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

What did you expect? Major console maker creates a remake of a GOTY. Obviously was just to milk some more cash.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Now I get why they're called cows.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Hey I hear you like less blurry with your rehash. Well there you go baby.

This game has ZERO excuse not being a backwards compatible port. Money grubbing industry is..... weak.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Definitely a lot clearer looking, would like to see what some of the assets look like during gameplay because the PS3 version had some really low res shit

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Anyone surprised, it's not even a year old.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

It's clearer for sure. I would pay $10+ for better enemy AI though. Where is that version?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib

@b4x said:

Hey I hear you like less blurry with your rehash. Well there you go baby.

This game has ZERO excuse not being a backwards compatible port. Money grubbing industry is..... weak.

...perhaps because the PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Slimmin360

@gago-gago said:

Now I get why they're called cows.

Yeah well this Tomb Raider comparison is a lot more improved over the PS3 version and very noticeable that it's truly next gen....Now this is what i call a difference between last and current gen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NUX2rG_u8w

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I thought they added a bunch of shit? If it's just a resolution bump then that sucks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@chikenfriedrice said:

I thought they added a bunch of shit? If it's just a resolution bump then that sucks.

I think they upgraded other aspects as well

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@lostrib: Hope so....I just remember seeing that pic with all that extra foliage lol

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slimmin360

@lostrib said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Point is, after nearly a year of the PS4 being on the market there is still very little reason to choose a multiplat on PS4 over PS3, so unless something blows me away as far as graphical performance, res and framerate, i'm just getting the lesser PS3 version, which will most likely be lesser on the wallet too.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

To be fair the cutscenes look ridiculously good already on PS3.

The actual graphics during gameplay will probably be a big difference, especially with the 60FPS.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

That comparison was fake.

GS blurred the PS3 version and then took that same PS3 version and labeled it as the PS4 version.

I mean come on, its so obvious. Everyone who has played TLoU knows the game is no where near that damn blurry on the PS3. I mean its a goddamn joke.

There havent been and official comparisons yet and no ones has seen the PS4 version for real yet. GS made that shit up. Even the fucking sub tittles are blurry in the PS3 version, are you fucking kidding me?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

@b4x said:

EDIT: People actually justified this money grab for 10 pages in a thread I made......That shit is weak sauce.

Shit should be backwards compatible with that weak ass money grab showing...scums.

My God, you are stupid. If you are rebuying this, that's one thing. But if it's for the first time, it's more than worth it. The PS3 version is 30 bucks still and the DLC is 10-15 bucks. This comes with all of that and enhanced graphics/frame rate. Try harder.

And that is a pretty big difference in graphics.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

@Slimmin360 said:

@lostrib said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Point is, after nearly a year of the PS4 being on the market there is still very little reason to choose a multiplat on PS4 over PS3, so unless something blows me away as far as graphical performance, res and framerate, i'm just getting the lesser PS3 version, which will most likely be lesser on the wallet too.

perhaps you should wait for the actual game to release

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Not very major? Not only is it a slight increase to the assets and the rendering (lighting/shading) it's also rendering at 1080p60.

The PS3 version runs at 720p and 30fps with frequent dips.

1280x720 = 921,600

1920x1080 = 2,073,600

921,600 x 30 = 27,648,000 pixels per second

2,073,600 x 60 = 124,416,000 pixels per second

That's a 450% increase in the amount of pixels rendered within 1 second. Then you have to include noticeably better assets and rendering used.

That's not a "small" increase.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

well... i think this is the last straw for me with the ps4.. I was really hoping the tlou was going to get me playing this thing a lot more. Infamous kept me busy for a few weeks but since then there has been nothing, and now seeing this? It has a more clear image and that's it.. In no way shape or form will that make me enjoy the game anymore the i did on the ps3. I'm done with having this thing sit in my entertainment stand and never get used.. peace ps4
**** I was really hoping sony would deliver more then just hardware this gen, same old bs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chutebox
@Slimmin360 said:

@lostrib said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

The shit are you smoking?

Enhanced graphics/framerate. Comes with all DLC for around the same price as PS3 version. Stop complaining

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chutebox
@Nengo_Flow said:

GS blurred the PS3 version and then took that same PS3 version and labeled it as the PS4 version.

I mean come on, its so obvious. Everyone who has played TLoU knows the game is no where near that damn blurry on the PS3. I mean its a goddamn joke.

There havent been and official comparisons yet and no ones has seen the PS4 version for real yet. GS made that shit up.

First thing I thought when I saw that was I don't remember it looking that blurry.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Nengo_Flow said:

There havent been and official comparisons yet and no ones has seen the PS4 version for real yet. GS made that shit up.

Ok, I actually can see that they could've nitpicked the worst blurry scenes of the PS3 to compare it to the PS4. But, i'd doubt that they would be allowed to fake the PS4 graphics...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wasdie  Moderator

@Chutebox said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

First thing I thought when I saw that was I don't remember it looking that blurry.

The game only renders in 720p. Naughty Dog doesn't use the PS3 upscaler because it's shit. They rather rely on your TV's upscaler because it will do a better job than the PS3.So what you're seeing is a 720 native video re-compressed on Youtube and then blown up on your monitor if you went to full screen (im assuming your monitor is larger than 1080p). There is no hope for image quality.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Ok, I actually can see that they could've nitpicked the worst blurry scenes of the PS3 to compare it to the PS4. But, i'd doubt that they would be allowed to fake the PS4 graphics...

No. You dont get it do you.... that "Ps4 version" IS the PS3 regular version, and the "PS3 version" is just the regular PS3 version turned down to 480p.

1) There is no ntpicking scenes, these were all cutscenes, and you know that cutscenes always look great especially from ND, but in these vid they look like shit.

2) if you dont own the game/played it, go look at some footage on youtube and see for your self right now that it does not look as shitty as GS made it look.

3) Be real.... just look at it... the PS3 version looks 480p and hella blurry. You really think the game looks like that? It looks blurrier that Wii game games.

4) EVEN THE FUCKING SUBTITLES ARE BLURRED.... HUGE RED FLAG!!!

5) How come GS is the only with PS4 footage? And btw this video is not new, GS put this up like a week and a half ago, they just now put it in their youtube page. And between all that time, not only have we NOT seen comparison videos from other outlets, we actually still havent even seen the PS4 version yet.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

looks like a PS4 vs xbone game

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox

@Wasdie: I see

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

This video was proven to be edit unfairly by gamespot on neogaf over a month ago... The PS3 version does not look that bad. Also the cutsenses in the game are likely to be the same. Its only the in game stuff thats likely to improve. I dont think it will improve that much since its only a port, but who knows till we actually get our hands on the game. There has been no gameplay shown yet.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Nengo_Flow said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

No. You dont get it do you.... that "Ps4 version" IS the PS3 regular version, and the "PS3 version" is just the regular PS3 version turned down to 480p.

1) There is no ntpicking scenes, these were all cutscenes, and you know that cutscenes always look great especially from ND, but in these vid they look like shit.

2) if you dont own the game/played it, go look at some footage on youtube and see for your self right now that it does not look as shitty as GS made it look.

3) Be real.... just look at it... the PS3 version looks 480p and hella blurry. You really think the game looks like that? It looks blurrier that Wii game games.

5) How come GS is the only with PS4 footage? And btw this video is not new, GS put this up like a week and a half ago, they just now put it in their youtube page. And between all that time, not only have we NOT seen comparison videos from other outlets, we actually still havent even seen the PS4 version yet.

I've played/beat the game before. I am saying that the PS3 does look better than what the video was showing. But, if they're faking the PS4 than that's just an utter BS move.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Not very major? Not only is it a slight increase to the assets and the rendering (lighting/shading) it's also rendering at 1080p60.

The PS3 version runs at 720p and 30fps with frequent dips.

1280x720 = 921,600

1920x1080 = 2,073,600

921,600 x 30 = 27,648,000 pixels per second

2,073,600 x 60 = 124,416,000 pixels per second

That's a 450% increase in the amount of pixels rendered within 1 second. Then you have to include noticeably better assets and rendering used.

That's not a "small" increase.

Loading Video...

Yeah... I'd still say it's a pretty small increase.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wasdie  Moderator

@Silenthps said:

Yeah when you actually play it, it's not going to be a "small" increase for all of the reasons I've said.

GTA V is even worse. It doesn't run over 25 FPS on the 360 and barely at 30fps on the PS3. It was built for the current gen, not last gen.

Also if you can't see that obvious major increase, just quit gaming right now.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This game was made for those who skipped or hadn't have the chance to play it on ps3 because they didn't owned the system. If you've played this a year ago and double dipping you suck. Milk milk milk this is milking

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Wasdie said:

@Silenthps said:

Yeah when you actually play it, it's not going to be a "small" increase for all of the reasons I've said.

GTA V is even worse. It doesn't run over 25 FPS on the 360 and barely at 30fps on the PS3. It was built for the current gen, not last gen.

Also if you can't see that obvious major increase, just quit gaming right now.

The common misconception that some don't take note is that youtube is capped at 30 FPS and have just started doing 60 FPS. So, they would seem minor since it's capped at the same FPS as the past-gen.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

I notice a difference. The game actually looks less blurry if you look at the PS4 version. The character models look better. The textures in the game are either colored differently and look better. .Is that really the PS4 version in the video?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#37 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

It seems this GS video can't be trusted.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

So basically they are selling graphic Mod at full price.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Another amazing looking game for the PS4.

The hits just keep on coming.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

50 bucks for this? Are they mental?

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Such a nice song.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox

Full game including dlc. Better graphics, resolution, frame rate. 50 bucks.

ps3 version with dlc 45 bucks

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

As much as a big deal you all are making id like to point out that there is lots of work that had to be done to go from the ps3 version to this version of the game regardless of wether you think its worth the $50 or not.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

looks like a slightly upscaled version of a mediocre looking game. yet another disappointment from naughty dog. :(

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@Chutebox said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

The game only renders in 720p. Naughty Dog doesn't use the PS3 upscaler because it's shit. They rather rely on your TV's upscaler because it will do a better job than the PS3.So what you're seeing is a 720 native video re-compressed on Youtube and then blown up on your monitor if you went to full screen (im assuming your monitor is larger than 1080p). There is no hope for image quality.

The PS3 doesnt have a hardware upscaler, only a software one, and using it uses resources. (the 360 does though, as well as almost every GPU since 2008

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

To be fair the cutscenes look ridiculously good already on PS3.

The actual graphics during gameplay will probably be a big difference, especially with the 60FPS.

Seriously.

Comparing cutscenes? Give me a break. Of course there's going to be minimal improvements in pre-rendered cutscenes. How moronic to base and argue for/against differences using such a standard. Show me gameplay, then I'll give my opinion. It's pathetic how desperate some people are.

And bravo GS, way to majorly spoil the opening of the game. Brilliant choice there.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

This collection is obviously made for those who havent played the PS3 version and own a PS4, is it worth $50 to me? no i played it last year but i would love to play it again on PS4 once it reach $20 or lower.

now according to Sony the pre-orders seem strong : http://www.psu.com/a023993/The-Last-of-Us--Remastered-pre-orders-are-looking-strong-says-SCEE

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

Holy shit on a cracker I thought Nengo Flow was being sarcastic when he posted his first post. Taking the piss at his (cows) own expense. But then he followed it up reinforcing it as his actual sentiments while I waited (in vain) for him to arrive at the punchline. And even has other people quoting him agreeing with him.

Oh god please tell me you nutcases do not actually believe this. Please? This is an inside joke that I am not a part of?.....Guize?

LMAOOOOO.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BldgIrsh

@StrongDeadlift said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

Holy shit on a cracker I thought Nengo Flow was being sarcastic when he posted his first post. Taking the piss at his (cows) own expense. But then he followed it up reinforcing it as his actual sentiments while I waited (in vain) for him to arrive at the punchline. And even has other people quoting him agreeing with him.

Oh god please tell me you nutcases do not actually believe this. Please? This is an inside joke that I am not a part of?.....Guize?

LMAOOOOO.

It was proven on neogaf that it was purposely done... The ps3 portion at least. The PS4 is just his opinion.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

PS3 version actually looks good... gamespot did something to make the PS3 version look bad

take a look http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=116167016&postcount=265