Last of us - 30fps, Uncharted 4 - 60fps. ND is lying???

  • 115 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2595 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: you are smart guy which is rare in SW or GS

#52 Edited by B4X (5257 posts) -

#53 Posted by cfisher2833 (1711 posts) -

It definitely does seem unlikely given that they can't even run an uprezzed PS3 port at 60fps without compromising the visuals. Aren't they even using the very same engine as well?

#54 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@cfisher2833 said:

It definitely does seem unlikely given that they can't even run an uprezzed PS3 port at 60fps without compromising the visuals. Aren't they even using the very same engine as well?

Uncharted 4 is using the GPU more entirely than TLOU R which is essentially a last gen port. The extra GPU tech will make it so that the game looks substantially better built from the ground up for modern GCN technology.

Uncharted 4 may not achieve 60fps, but it will look a generation ahead of The Last Of Us.

#55 Edited by jsmoke03 (12932 posts) -

ok i thought 30fps lock was an OPTION and tlou is going to be on average 50-60fps?

am i just reading it wrong cuz everyone on here is suggesting tlou locked at 30fps is not an option BUT is the only fps you can play the game at.

did i miss a link somewhere?

#56 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -
@jsmoke03 said:

ok i thought 30fps lock was an OPTION and tlou is going to be on average 50-60fps?

am i just reading it wrong cuz everyone on here is suggesting tlou locked at 30fps is not an option BUT is the only fps you can play the game at.

did i miss a link somewhere?

The game runs at 60fps default (they don't say if it's locked or not, but it most likely is) but there's an option to cap the framerate at 30fps which also increases shadow quality.

#57 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

#58 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

#59 Posted by lundy86_4 (43549 posts) -

Jesus son, you are so dumb. TLoU has the option to use 30fps or 60, but 60 is the standard setting.

#60 Edited by B4X (5257 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Jesus son, you are so dumb. TLoU has the option to use 30fps or 60, but 60 is the standard setting.

The standard setting is.

#61 Edited by Daious (1396 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan melting down at the mere mention of Dude Raider not living up to expectations.

30fps was so last gen right Sony Fan.

At least this thread isn't as bad as yours are.

ROFL that thread, because sony are the ones saying "just wait" for the magical directx and teh cloud.

I have to admit Kuu2's foresight was very limited from that thread.

#62 Posted by lundy86_4 (43549 posts) -

@b4x said:

The standard setting is.

Fifty dollars? An odd way to measure fps.

#63 Posted by kuu2 (7373 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Jesus son, you are so dumb. TLoU has the option to use 30fps or 60, but 60 is the standard setting.

Reaching 60fps at times =/= 60fps standard

#64 Posted by lundy86_4 (43549 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Jesus son, you are so dumb. TLoU has the option to use 30fps or 60, but 60 is the standard setting.

Reaching 60fps at times =/= 60fps standard

I'm saying that the 60fps setting in the options menu is what is chosen initially, and you can change to 30fps. I am not saying that it maintains a 60 fps average.

#65 Posted by GamersJustGame (322 posts) -

Who cares TC? The game is gonna be boss!

But I guess you will avoid Destiny on consoles huh?

#66 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2529 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

#67 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

We have reported his nefarious actions to the appropriate personnel.

#68 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

You are the one lying. You said that the game in 60fps is using low res textures and has no graphics upgrade. You are such a cunt. Just stop posting. Nobody likes you including lems and hermits.

#69 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

We have reported his nefarious actions to the appropriate personnel.

Srsly. A petition to get this fool banned would be nice. It's not that he's just a petty troll, but he is spreading misinformation. This should NOT be allowed.

#70 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

We have reported his nefarious actions to the appropriate personnel.

Srsly. A petition to get this fool banned would be nice. It's not that he's just a petty troll, but he is spreading misinformation. This should NOT be allowed.

Agree. He certainly isn't a practitioner of SONY's Live, Learn and Love philosophy.

#71 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

You are the one lying. You said that the game in 60fps is using low res textures and has no graphics upgrade. You are such a cunt. Just stop posting. Nobody likes you including lems and hermits.

I support this post

#72 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

We have reported his nefarious actions to the appropriate personnel.

Srsly. A petition to get this fool banned would be nice. It's not that he's just a petty troll, but he is spreading misinformation. This should NOT be allowed.

I support this post even more

#73 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

We have reported his nefarious actions to the appropriate personnel.

Srsly. A petition to get this fool banned would be nice. It's not that he's just a petty troll, but he is spreading misinformation. This should NOT be allowed.

Agree. He certainly isn't a practitioner of SONY's Live, Learn and Love philosophy.

Damn straight :) And it's a shame too. I hear that stuff cures cancer.

#74 Posted by Kjranu (1031 posts) -

FFL thread, nothing to see here.

#75 Edited by lamprey263 (24232 posts) -

Well, there wasn't much to the teaser, so even if it were realtime rendered capture at 1080p/60fps (which I still doubt it was). the section of the game was smaller than say a game's actual level, so to render just the teaser portion of the game, which was basically waking up in the mud and walking through some bushes, it wasn't that much of a technical feat, trying to pull that off in the scope of a full game level with gameplay and exploration and action and special effects... that's gonna be more challenging. Then again, maybe by the time this game comes out they'll have become better at programming and developing for the PS4 and getting the most out of it, so yeah maybe they can deliver on 1080p/60fps for the game on PS4 no problems (whether it looks as good as the E3 teaser is doubtful though). You also have to take into account Last of Us was not designed for the PS4, it was designed for the PS3. Maybe if they wanted to put more time into redesigning everything to take advantage of the PS4 then sure maybe they can improve on it tremendously, but they're not going to go to all that trouble for a simple last gen to current gen port cash in.

Think back to the Last of US E3 demo and how the games enemy AI looked nothing like what the game delivered, that was because they crafted the demo specifically, and added in enemy scripting. This is why the many different presentations of the Last of Us on that single section all played out the same, they were scripted to. Now, it didn't work for the actual game because the game isn't crafted like the scripted demo and players play it differently. But, it just goes to show, take a slice of the game for a presentation and a lot can be done to be misleading about the game. Happened to Watchdogs (though arguably some say it was gimped on PC to achieve console parity). But, like I said before, they didn't really show much for the Uncharted teaser, if it were indeed realtime rendered (which again I doubt) it would only be for the small section of the game the teaser was for. I have doubts the actual game will look as good when the scope of entire levels and all the action, gameplay, special effects and shit are going down. I mean, it could probably still be 1080p/60fps but it won't look nearly as detailed I'm guessing.

#76 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Wow, this game is still bringing a lot of tears and anguish for lems a whole year after it came out. Not surprising, lems haven't had an exclusive GOTY since 2006 lol. It seems with the drought of quality exclusives lems like him spend more time talking about TLOU than cows. Cry some moar OP...

The Last of Us wins DICE awards game of the year

The Last of Us wins GDC game of the year award

http://www.interactive.org/news/17th_annual_dice_awards_winners.asp

#77 Posted by Ribnarak (2298 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Saw a video on YT a bit ago saying how Druckman was discussing what a nightmare it was to even get TLoU running on the PS4 because of the drastic architectural differences between the consoles. What would appear on the surface to the layman to be a simple port actually was very, very hard.

It's not like the PS4 is a PS3, only ten times as powerful and a port is a simple button press. The systems are entirely unique, and from what I'm hearing TLoU didn't even run at first.

I have full faith in the Gods.

this answers your question tc.

#78 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan melting down at the mere mention of Dude Raider not living up to expectations.

30fps was so last gen right Sony Fan.

At least this thread isn't as bad as yours are.

OMG!! @kuu2. What a stupid cunt you are lol. Dat fucking thread LOL.

#79 Posted by jsmoke03 (12932 posts) -

@Snugenz said:
@jsmoke03 said:

ok i thought 30fps lock was an OPTION and tlou is going to be on average 50-60fps?

am i just reading it wrong cuz everyone on here is suggesting tlou locked at 30fps is not an option BUT is the only fps you can play the game at.

did i miss a link somewhere?

The game runs at 60fps default (they don't say if it's locked or not, but it most likely is) but there's an option to cap the framerate at 30fps which also increases shadow quality.

thats what i thought too....so wtf is tc talking in absolutes for?

god he is such a bad troll/fanboy...you lemmings should have a tribunal on what to do with him. i thought he switched over to the master race

#80 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@Snugenz said:
@jsmoke03 said:

ok i thought 30fps lock was an OPTION and tlou is going to be on average 50-60fps?

am i just reading it wrong cuz everyone on here is suggesting tlou locked at 30fps is not an option BUT is the only fps you can play the game at.

did i miss a link somewhere?

The game runs at 60fps default (they don't say if it's locked or not, but it most likely is) but there's an option to cap the framerate at 30fps which also increases shadow quality.

thats what i thought too....so wtf is tc talking in absolutes for?

god he is such a bad troll/fanboy...you lemmings should have a tribunal on what to do with him. i thought he switched over to the master race

You lemmings... ?

#81 Edited by jsmoke03 (12932 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@Snugenz said:
@jsmoke03 said:

ok i thought 30fps lock was an OPTION and tlou is going to be on average 50-60fps?

am i just reading it wrong cuz everyone on here is suggesting tlou locked at 30fps is not an option BUT is the only fps you can play the game at.

did i miss a link somewhere?

The game runs at 60fps default (they don't say if it's locked or not, but it most likely is) but there's an option to cap the framerate at 30fps which also increases shadow quality.

thats what i thought too....so wtf is tc talking in absolutes for?

god he is such a bad troll/fanboy...you lemmings should have a tribunal on what to do with him. i thought he switched over to the master race

You lemmings... ?

wasnt calling you a lemming, i was calling ON lemmings (microsoft fanboys) on what to do with tc...

sorry if that wasnt clear

#82 Posted by jake44 (2021 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@FreedomFreeLife: It was confirmed at E3 that Uncharted 4 trailer was "in-engine"

@scatteh316 said:

TC is an idiot

/Thread

#83 Posted by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

wasnt calling you a lemming, i was calling ON lemmings (microsoft fanboys) on what to do with tc...

sorry if that wasnt clear

Ah ok, thought that but you never know here :P, And yeah TC is a muppet best to just ignore his OP and go straight to any other post for the actual news when he makes threads.

#84 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

TC was destroyed in first post and thus SDC. Thank you SONY, the current gen 8 leader witt he world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

You preach.

#SlayStation

#85 Edited by silversix_ (14803 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the shadows are still better on the PS4 at 60fps than they were on the PS3.

How could it be worst than on a system released in 06?

#86 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

So you have nothing with ND stating they had to emulate the PS3 to port TLOU to the PS4, that's all you needed to say.

And i'm not a lemming and especially not a sad lemming, i'm a very happy gamer thank you very much.

They ported the code to the PS4,and they stated how difficult it was,the game wasn't build from ground up on PS4 period and since the PS4 CPU can't run cell task,i am sure they got emulated by GPU.

No you are a sad lemming and a bitter troll,now instead of talking sh** answer me this do you agree with TC logic.?

Still no link huh. Let me help you out a bit. Nobody gives a shit about your speculation, only the facts, which you have provided none. So far all you have done is scream "I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE"...nobody cares what you believe.

#87 Posted by MirkoS77 (7629 posts) -

Here's the reason it was hard to port to the PS4. C & P'ed for those too lazy:

"I wish we had a button that was like ‘Turn On PS4 Mode’, but no," Druckmann said. "We expected it to be hell, and it was hell. Just getting an image onscreen, even an inferior one with the shadows broken, lighting broken and with it crashing every 30 seconds … that took a long time. These engineers are some of the best in the industry and they optimized the game so much for the PS3’s SPUs specifically. It was optimized on a binary level, but after shifting those things over, you have to go back to the high level, make sure the systems are intact, and optimize it again.

"I can’t describe how difficult a task that is. And once it’s running well, you’re running the [versions] side by side to make sure you didn't screw something up in the process, like physics being slightly off, which throws the game off, or lighting being shifted and all of a sudden it’s a drastically different look. That’s not ‘improved’ any more; that’s different. We want to stay faithful while being better."

I don't see ND's difficulties porting TLoU to the PS4 as indicative of inability of any kind. On the contrary, I think it's a testament to their talent and gives me even more faith that what they say about UC4 is true and will be accomplished.

#88 Edited by foxhound_fox (88776 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

How the hell it´s possible?

Look to E3 2005 and the Killzone 2 debut trailer. That was claimed to be "in-engine" as well.

#89 Posted by MonsieurX (30474 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

You should go away,everything will be better,even TLOU.

#90 Posted by TheEroica (13724 posts) -

Doesn't matter if it's in game engine or just pc fluff, I still don't feel like I've seen Uncharted. I saw a tiny insignificant tease.

#91 Posted by santoron (7775 posts) -
@TheEroica said:

Doesn't matter if it's in game engine or just pc fluff, I still don't feel like I've seen Uncharted. I saw a tiny insignificant tease.

Agreed. Who knew that little bit could cause so much fanboy blather, both positive and negative?

#92 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2529 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

You are the one lying. You said that the game in 60fps is using low res textures and has no graphics upgrade. You are such a cunt. Just stop posting. Nobody likes you including lems and hermits.

I support this post

You just got pwned by yourself. It´s already confirmed if you playing locked 30FPS then visual is a little bit better. So this proves it. YOU LOST, I WON. FACT!

#93 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

You are the one lying. You said that the game in 60fps is using low res textures and has no graphics upgrade. You are such a cunt. Just stop posting. Nobody likes you including lems and hermits.

I support this post

You just got pwned by yourself. It´s already confirmed if you playing locked 30FPS then visual is a little bit better. So this proves it. YOU LOST, I WON. FACT!

i still support this post about you being a cunt, no body like you and you should be banned

#94 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

They said Last of Us has to be locked 30fps to have better shadows. They can´t run HD remake 60fps with good graphics, and yet they said Uncharted 4 trailer was all in game, 1080p and 60fps.

How the hell it´s possible? You run Uncharted 4 - 1080p and 60fps but REMAKE GAME WITH LOW TEXTURES 1080P and 30fps.

Looks like Uncharted 4 trailer was not in-game after all.

Maybe it was running at 60fps with 1080p, but did they ever mention that it was running on a PS4?

#95 Edited by handssss (1837 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont get it, TLoU is 1080p 60fps, but FreedomTroll is saying its not................

FFL should be banned. He constantly makes up bullshit. And hides behind PC when ever XB1 is cornered by PS4 in power.

A sad individual.

Stop lying. They said if you want better shadows ingame then game has to be locked 30fps. READ NEWS OR GO AWAY!!!

You are the one lying. You said that the game in 60fps is using low res textures and has no graphics upgrade. You are such a cunt. Just stop posting. Nobody likes you including lems and hermits.

I support this post

You just got pwned by yourself. It´s already confirmed if you playing locked 30FPS then visual is a little bit better. So this proves it. YOU LOST, I WON. FACT!

well of course 30fps looks better than 60fps. It's a post game gone gold update that takes those extra resources not used for running the game at double the frame rate and applies them elsewhere.

Running the game in 60fps (which in an of itself is a significant improvement whether or not you can see it) is already good, but the game does look noticeably better on its default settings than the ps3 version.

Therefore, you are not only wrong in the majority of your poorly worded accusations, but you are a dumbass for continuing this poor posting history of lame troll attempts. Acting like the "annoying childhood friend" and going "nuh uh I WON CAUSE I SAY SO" isn't going to help your case any, it just makes you seem even smaller.

#96 Posted by slimdogmilionar (562 posts) -

Yeah im pretty much gonna have to agree with most of the other people in this thread, I mean did'nt House say before showing the clip that it was "in-engine". I don't think anyone could beleive that clip was actual gameplay footage, it looked like one of Uncharted's cut scenes after an action packed moment. Let's not downplay ND, when it comes to developers they are like the Chicago Bulls from the mid 90's, you just can't beat em and if you do you not looking forward to the next time they show up in your town.

#97 Posted by Daious (1396 posts) -

@shadiezz2012 said:

@scottpsfan14: you are smart guy which is rare in SW or GS

He has really become one of my favorite posters here.

#98 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@daious said:

@shadiezz2012 said:

@scottpsfan14: you are smart guy which is rare in SW or GS

He has really become one of my favorite posters here.

Well thank yer.

I be humbled by your kindness.

#99 Posted by Evo_nine (1741 posts) -

TCHBO!

cant believe they are willing to pay $60 for this piece of shit that cant even run at locked 60fps.

You guys will believe anything lol

#100 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5148 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

TCHBO!

cant believe they are willing to pay $60 for this piece of shit that cant even run at locked 60fps.

You guys will believe anything lol

What's your excuse for Sunset Slowverdrive at 900p 22fps?