Lara and Drake crossing paths? IGN reports Lara joins next Playstation Allstars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

Damn lucky PS3 players, from the IGN article;

"They said it could never happen. After the debut of Uncharted, a rivalry quickly grew between the two most famous treasure hunters in video games, Lara Croft and Nathan Drake. Albeit this is a rivalry born of the fans, as arguments ensure of Uncharted copying Tomb Raider, and the rebirth of Tomb Raider copying from Uncharted. If you asked anyone just a month ago the chances of these two competing gaming icons crossing paths, the unanimous answer would be impossible.

But Sony doesn't see that the rivalry, held by the respective fans of these characters, need keep them apart. And after seeing the success of the reboot of Tomb Raider, a series well known on their platform, they leaped at the chance to negotiate a deal with Square Enix (whom they also have strong ties with) to bring Lara Croft in the same space with their own mascot, Nathan Drake.

But no, Lara Croft will not be featured as a cameo character in Uncharted 4 or any other such spin off title. Rather she is confirmed to be the newest addition to the roster for Playstation Allstars: Royal Rumble (the sequel to Battle Royale) set for Q1 2014 release. Kaz Hirai is very excited to announce that for the first time ever, fans will be able to duke it out with these two rival treasure hunters, to see who really does win.

And more new additions to join the cast of Playstation Allstars: Royal Rumble in the next few weeks, which we'll be ready to uncover with you."

There's even some early leak screens, they say still unfinished so may be a bit rough.

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

#2 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

You disgust me, Adobe. Please ban yourself.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (40146 posts) -
I'd be all over it if that was the case. SCREW YOU THOUGH :evil:
#4 Posted by Blabadon (26164 posts) -
You should have just said she was DLC for the current PSABR since the second character page has four characters and a huge amount of blank space
#5 Posted by Snugenz (11868 posts) -

Please ban yourself.

Michael0134567

^^

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (57066 posts) -
You should have just said she was DLC for the current PSABR since the second character page has four characters and a huge amount of blank spaceBlabadon
Also because we already know the second Playstation All Stars doesn't exist :P
#7 Posted by Blabadon (26164 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]You should have just said she was DLC for the current PSABR since the second character page has four characters and a huge amount of blank spacecharizard1605

Yes, yes, that too.
#8 Posted by Heil68 (44071 posts) -
Darn, Tomb raider had a shot of being AAA too. Oh well.
#9 Posted by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

Michael0134567

But I wuv u :oops:

#10 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

AdobeArtist

But I wuv u :oops:

I don't wuv you anymore. Not even your sig can make me wuv you.

#11 Posted by Badosh (12733 posts) -
TC, oh god I hate you.
#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11728 posts) -

Terrible news

#13 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
I don't think anyone fell for this
#14 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

TC...

1050s.gif

#15 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
You should have just said she was DLC for the current PSABR since the second character page has four characters and a huge amount of blank spaceBlabadon
#16 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27595 posts) -
huh, seems legit :P
#17 Posted by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]You should have just said she was DLC for the current PSABR since the second character page has four characters and a huge amount of blank spacecharizard1605

Did you not see it mentioned as an upcoming sequel? ;)

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (47012 posts) -
People still care about Flopstation No Stars? :lol:
#19 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -
People still care about Flopstation No Stars? :lol:mems_1224
#20 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
I knew someone would do something like this as an April Fools Joke but I was kinda expecting Crash though.
#21 Posted by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

Darn, Tomb raider had a shot of being AAA too. Oh well. Heil68

:evil:

well_played

#22 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

Wasdie has been locking april fools threads.If this thread gets locked...Will we get to see a mod fight?:o

#23 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Make a sequel to a flop? Would be cool DLC though. Se Laura beat his ass.

#24 Posted by Vatusus (4611 posts) -

People still care about Flopstation No Stars? :lol:mems_1224

From what I know its actually starting to become a niche phenomena cult. Many people play it religiously to this day