Lack of hype for halo wars 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

I am not really impressed with the look of halo wars 2, but that's because I have very high standards when it comes to rts and strategy games, but the lack of hype and the sheer amount of dislikes halo wars 2 videos are getting is quite disturbing in my opinion. Halo wars 2 appears to be a quite simplistic and straight forward rts, but that shouldn't be a huge concern for console gamers, since these types of games are not as common on consoles as other genres. So why is it that halo wars 2 doesn't appear to be doing that well in regards to popularity.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Its an Xbox ''exclusive'', what do you expect? Failo Wars will probably be another flop like everything else MS is putting out in recent times.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@thepclovingguy: the game is actually pretty good. I havent hyped it because theres no use even bothering on this forum, which doesnt have many RTS fans and is bullied by cows that will automatically hate it anyway.

Most of the comments in videos are from people that just dont like RTS games and havent even played it. I'm sure theres also a good dose of cow salt in there as well.

I noticed that on the comments section on the game hub that half the people commenting on the current blitz beta dont even understand that this is just a test of one game mode, which is just a kinda casual pick up and play mode for fun. So many people think the blitz beta is a demo of the full game and are spewing uninformed comments its not funny. The other half are people that just dont like RTS games so are blathering WTF Y U NO MAKE SCALEBOUND?!1! comments

The full game has a pretty decent campaign and the other modes actually play pretty well.

I'm saying this as a pretty big RTS fan. (I have 1000s of hours in DoW, DoW2, CoH, CoH2, SoASE, SC, WCIII etc etc and dont just go by the hours on my steam profile I played a lot of them off of steam) I'd personally say its comparable to something like Grey Goo.

Why not just try the beta yourself and make up your own mind? Its a Play Anywhere title.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-wars-2

As I said the current beta is just for blitz mode which is a casual card game hybrid mode. But theres a decent game in the full game.

Its definitely a good addition to consoles, which are currently really lacking in diversity of genres.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

My lack of hype is because I would much rather Microsoft invested in that other RTS series they have lying around gathering dust...

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

RTS games on console are always going to be very basic as the commands are tied to a controller. The original Halo Wars was good for what it was but it really didn't have any depth because of that limitation and Halo Wars 2 will be the same. RTS on console just isn't a very good idea really, I tried Halo Wars out of curiosity and it wasn't bad but you really need a mouse and keyboard to play these games properly.

The best thing Halo Wars 2 has going for it is it can't possibly be worse than Halo 5.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm not a fan of RTSs, but I love my Halo... I'm looking forward to seeing where the lore goes and how it sets up Halo 6.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

Its an Xbox ''exclusive'', what do you expect? Failo Wars will probably be another flop like everything else MS is putting out in recent times.

but if it was cancelled or production stopped, in would come the flock of cows bitching about MS having no games or not having any first party games.

MS is releasing an RTS on a console, talk about diverse, those do not exists on consoles, mostly PC.

you cows are pretty hilarious though, you will spin it into a negative thing no matter what.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

First didn't exactly light it up, so no idea why people expect much hype for this one.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I just dont think there are a huge amount of rts fans even when compared to turn based. Then on top of that its halo

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

The first one is a mediocre RTS for a console. Most RTS's on PC are better so this is no surprising.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FLOPPAGE_50

@dakur said:

The first one is a mediocre RTS for a console. Most RTS's on PC are better so this is no surprising.

Seeing as RTS don't even exists on consoles, I'd say it's a great thing for MS to at least try something new.

But you're a cow and will bash that regardless.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dakur

@FLOPPAGE_50:

"MS is releasing an RTS on a console, talk about diverse, those do not exists on consoles, mostly PC."

LOL. Comet Crash on PS3 was a much better RTS than Halo Wars and it was also a tower defense game at the same time. It actually adapted great to the controller. And it was a fraction of the price.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Looks like the Sony fans are mad at yet another Xbox exclusive coming.

Fun stuff

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

We do have a Halo Wars 2 hype thread somewhere in SW.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thepclovingguy

I might even give it a shot once I am done with stellaris.

@oflow said:

@thepclovingguy: the game is actually pretty good. I havent hyped it because theres no use even bothering on this forum, which doesnt have many RTS fans and is bullied by cows that will automatically hate it anyway.

Most of the comments in videos are from people that just dont like RTS games and havent even played it. I'm sure theres also a good dose of cow salt in there as well.

I noticed that on the comments section on the game hub that half the people commenting on the current blitz beta dont even understand that this is just a test of one game mode, which is just a kinda casual pick up and play mode for fun. So many people think the blitz beta is a demo of the full game and are spewing uninformed comments its not funny. The other half are people that just dont like RTS games so are blathering WTF Y U NO MAKE SCALEBOUND?!1! comments

The full game has a pretty decent campaign and the other modes actually play pretty well.

I'm saying this as a pretty big RTS fan. (I have 1000s of hours in DoW, DoW2, CoH, CoH2, SoASE, SC, WCIII etc etc and dont just go by the hours on my steam profile I played a lot of them off of steam) I'd personally say its comparable to something like Grey Goo.

Why not just try the beta yourself and make up your own mind? Its a Play Anywhere title.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-wars-2

As I said the current beta is just for blitz mode which is a casual card game hybrid mode. But theres a decent game in the full game.

Its definitely a good addition to consoles, which are currently really lacking in diversity of genres.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@cainetao11 done a fine job of the hype thread for Halo Wars 2.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-wars-2-hype-thread-33376062/?page=1

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

@dakur said:

@FLOPPAGE_50:

"MS is releasing an RTS on a console, talk about diverse, those do not exists on consoles, mostly PC."

LOL. Comet Crash on PS3 was a much better RTS than Halo Wars and it was also a tower defense game at the same time. It actually adapted great to the controller. And it was a fraction of the price.

So you're only example is a PS3 game from last gen that NO ONE cared for?

LMAO talk about a dumb ass desperation cow reply.

hurrr wuts PoE

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dakur

@FLOPPAGE_50: lol you said RTS were never done on consoles you bozo. Shows your complete ignorance. And you talk as if people cared about Halo Wars. I mean Comet Crash was an indie game that was sold only on PSN while Halo Wars had the name Halo attached to it and yet no one cared about it. Comet Crash actually showed how a smart dev can adapt the controls of a genre like RTS to consoles maybe Halo Wars could learn a thing or two from a well done game. Of course you lems wouldn't know since your standards are 6 feet under from playing on the xbone.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

It's kind of a dumbed down rts, I still love rts so I'll get it but Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3 is coming this year.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#20 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

It looks like a fun, accessible little RTS in the tradition of C&C. I'm just not sure it's very hype-worthy.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Cause RTS games are ??

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I'm just not someone who is interested in the RTS genre, it's not for me.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Should have made that halo blocks game and age of empires for their rts game.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

because RTS on consoles is about as Niche as one those weeaboo JRPG games that finalstar likes

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

It's a game on Xbox and it's "cool" to hate very thing MS does right now. Not surprisingly really

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FLOPPAGE_50

@dakur said:

@FLOPPAGE_50: lol you said RTS were never done on consoles you bozo. Shows your complete ignorance. And you talk as if people cared about Halo Wars. I mean Comet Crash was an indie game that was sold only on PSN while Halo Wars had the name Halo attached to it and yet no one cared about it. Comet Crash actually showed how a smart dev can adapt the controls of a genre like RTS to consoles maybe Halo Wars could learn a thing or two from a well done game. Of course you lems wouldn't know since your standards are 6 feet under from playing on the xbone.

You've been bitching for weeks about the lack of games and diverse games on the Xbox, one is finally about to be released and of course your tone changes.

Bro, you don't even own an Xbox, yet you spend all day talking about.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#27  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Even if it was a good game, RTS' just arent that popular aside from Starcraft. Mostly because the perception of how to play them is so different today compared to how they were enjoyed when they were popular.

Also, the last one didnt exactly have a good reputation, as a console RTS and the whole narrative of what happened with the beloved studio that created it.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

The beta has been fairly enjoyable. My problem is that typically an RTS takes a hell of a long time to get into/good at. While I am unsure if that will be the case with a console RTS, I simply do not have the spare time to invest into a RTS right now. I'll likely give it a buy once I am done with this semester though.

artillery77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By artillery77
Member since 2016 • 68 Posts

The original sucked monkey danglers thats why no hype!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Halo days are over. No one cares anymore. Splatoon 2 will have more hype lolz.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46275 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

My lack of hype is because I would much rather Microsoft invested in that other RTS series they have lying around gathering dust...

Rise of Nations ?

^^

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dakur

@FLOPPAGE_50: "You've been bitching for weeks about the lack of games and diverse games on the Xbox, one is finally about to be released and of course your tone changes."

LOLOL Sure you need variety but also quality. MS forgets one or the other more often than not and it is because M$ doesn't really invests enough time and resources on the games that most of their proposals flop or get cancelled

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-wars-2-hype-thread-33376062/?page=1

Hear here.

Get Hyped baby, this gon b gud. :P

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Not my kind of game.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thepclovingguy

@xxyetixx said:

Cause RTS games are ??

Well, its not intended for the simple minded.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@FinalFighters said:

because RTS on consoles is about as Niche as one those weeaboo JRPG games that finalstar likes

Between the two, I rather put up with an RTS on console. ;)

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Well what did you expect, about 90% of the people that come here are COWS.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I'm excited, I'm just not going to go around gushing about any hype for it or trying to get people psyched for it, I'm just hoping for the best. I liked the last game but didn't love it. What has me excited here though is Creative Assembly's name attached to it. I loved the work they did on Alien Isolation, as a fan of the Alien(s) franchise, this is the game I had been waiting years for, maybe the best love letter to the franchise ever made. And it's worth noting that game was well outside their comfort zone as for the last decade they've been almost entirely focused on making real-time and turned based strategy games for the PC, and to see them really hit it out of the ballpark with something far outside their known strengths just really goes to show how talented and flexible they are. And again, their strength and passion for making real-time strategy games the last decade seems to be very fit for such a game as Halo Wars 2. I haven't been following this game much, but from what I've seen of the game so far it's really shaping up to be something with the potential to be great; I'm just waiting and hoping for the best as I love the Halo franchise.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@dakur said:

@FLOPPAGE_50:

hurrr wuts PoE

comet crash was SOOO much better that it is an 83/100 meta score compared to Halo Wars which is 82/100. YUGE difference. dakur your blind devotion to hating MS is ridiculous.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cainetao11

@SecretPolice said:
@GarGx1 said:

Hear here.

Get Hyped baby, this gon b gud. :P

A humble thank you gentlemen.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oflow

@thepclovingguy: The comments in this thread kinda prove my point. Try it yourself. This forum is a garbage pit when it comes to actually talking about playing games or mechanics.

Gamespot really needs another forum besides the Games forum which is basically full of noobs asking questions. It needs a gameplay/mechanics forum so people can actually talk indepth about games without all the trolling and hating.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dakur

@cainetao11 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@dakur said:

@FLOPPAGE_50:

hurrr wuts PoE

comet crash was SOOO much better that it is an 83/100 meta score compared to Halo Wars which is 82/100. YUGE difference. dakur your blind devotion to hating MS is ridiculous.

You have to take into account the overratness factor just because it is Halo so the game is actually around a 6 or 7.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cainetao11

@dakur: What's your gamer tag? Let me see your achievements' earned from halo wars. We have to take into account you're a Sony lover, so none of your statements on anything regarding halo are legitimate.

ItWasMe-DIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ItWasMe-DIO
Member since 2017 • 57 Posts

Console RTS in a declining franchise.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@dakur said:
@cainetao11 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@dakur said:

@FLOPPAGE_50:

hurrr wuts PoE

You have to take into account the overratness factor just because it is Halo so the game is actually around a 6 or 7.

I had go look up what Comet Crash was. I get the feeling you have never played an actual RTS in your life, especially if you think a simple base defence game is comparable. They're not even close to being the same genre.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dakur

@GarGx1 said:
@dakur said:
@cainetao11 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@dakur said:

@FLOPPAGE_50:

hurrr wuts PoE

I had go look up what Comet Crash was. I get the feeling you have never played an actual RTS in your life, especially if you think a simple base defence game is comparable. They're not even close to being the same genre.

It's a mix between RTS and tower defense (like I mentioned) but the RTS elements are done better than Halo Wars. I've played a lot of Warhammer on PC so I know what a RTS is.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cainetao11

Still no proof that you have ever played halo wars to even have an opinion on it. Just more diarrhea from you.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 oflow