LA Noire is still PS3 exclusive - Take Two confirms

This topic is locked from further discussion.

watchcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 watchcity
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160231

2008 release, PS3 only. Lemmings were saying LA Noire was going to 360 as well, but it looks like Rock Star is giving Sony another exclusive treat.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
what is this game?
Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Armored_cell
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

what is this game?-Sora
Now we all forget it lolz

OMG who am I? What is SW? Lemmings? What? PS3? BBQ

watchcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 watchcity

what is this game?-Sora

It's a GTA style game developed by Rock Star that takes place in the 1930's on some old school gangster stuff. Should be great. Go to gametrailers to see a teaser trailer.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sora"]what is this game?Armored_cell

I seriously never heard of it until now.
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts

Seems strange.

Could be a mistake.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

OMG who am I? What is SW? Lemmings? What? PS3? BBQ

Considering that there is no information on the game besides 1 teaser trailer, I expect some people not to know what it is.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sora"]what is this game?watchcity

It's a GTA style game developed by Rock Star that takes place in the 1930's on some old school gangster stuff. Should be great. Go to gametrailers to see a teaser trailer.

that sounds cool, I'm jealous

Capt_Tenneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Capt_Tenneal
Member since 2005 • 1006 Posts

People posted the trailer of LA Noirethe day theGTA4 reveal happened.

Needless to say, many people sighed with relief when they saw it wasn't GTA4.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160231

2008 release, PS3 only. Lemmings were saying LA Noire was going to 360 as well, but it looks like Rock Star is giving Sony another exclusive treat.

watchcity

Goodie. I need more games to justify my purchase. I'm guessing it'll be exclusive cause that's what it has been for the two+ years it was in development with Sony as the publisher. Then they dumped it for some reason.

2008. boooo! That's four years in development.

killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

timed exclusive?....this is take two we're talking about....the company that just a loss of 50 million since last year....

Oh maybe this is for the ps3 fans how are upset that 360 fans are getting episodic content for gta 4....( here's comes the cows with how l.a.noire will be better than gta 4 because it's exclusive)

watchcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 watchcity

timed exclusive?....this is take two we're talking about....the company that just a loss of 50 million since last year....

Oh maybe this is for the ps3 fans how are upset that 360 fans are getting episodic content for gta 4....( here's comes the cows with how l.a.noire will be better than gta 4 because it's exclusive)

killaj2786

I don't think anyone would say that, but here come the lemmings (you) trying to down play LA Noire even though it will probably be a great game.

miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

killaj2786

Chill.

Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts

Roffles. Now lemmings want to try to ignore its existance and claim cows are only hyping it because its exclusive:lol:
Avatar image for Bill_McBlumpkin
Bill_McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bill_McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts

what is this game?-Sora

My first thought too.... and this is not BS - I've honestly never heard of this game.

This is the first time.

I'm not a fanboy either, I play games from all systems... I only care about the game.

Anyway, here's to hoping the game is good.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
I've been waiting for this game since it was announced.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killaj2786
[QUOTE="killaj2786"]

watchcity

I don't think anyone would say that, but here come the lemmings (you) trying to down play LA Noire even though it will probably be a great game.

I'm not trying to downplay the game....I actually want it ( if it comes out on the 360 or when the ps3 is 400 bucks) I'm just stating the obivious just like u.... this is system wars right?

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

I've never heard of this game but good news nonetheless.

Xbox 360 owners can't really be upset, given GTA4 is releasing multiplat day and date for both consoles, DMC4 went multi day and date, Ace Combat 4 timed exclusive, etc.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

killaj2786

Does this mean Bioshock is PS3 bound ?

killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killaj2786
[QUOTE="killaj2786"]

diggyzoom

2k games and take two are two different companies...

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="killaj2786"]

killaj2786

Isn't Bioshock on the list ? It is published by Take Two and it could go to the ps3 using your theory right ? Oh wait ...

luzer7072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 luzer7072
Member since 2003 • 2069 Posts

... another exclusive treat...

watchcity

you mean sony has more than one?

Lambo2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Lambo2468
Member since 2006 • 12245 Posts

killaj2786
you do know R* NEVER said that PS3 wasnt getting any DLC
gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54626

Kristan Reed: How are you funding the project? Has SCEA given you an advance or is this self-funded and totally independent?

Brendan McNamara: The project is wholly funded by Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have a long-term exclusive arrangement with SCEA.

Kristan Reed: Why has the game been signed up by SCEA, and not SCEE? Given your connections with the latter, we'd have expected it to be signed up by them first...

Brendan McNamara: SCEA has always been big supporters of The Getaway and what we do in general. Right from the start of The Getaway it was on board. It's 14 hours to Los Angeles and 24 hours to London so we opted for LA.

Kristan Reed: Do you envisage this new project as the first part of a series of games, or is it a case of make this one and see how it goes?

Brendan McNamara: It's a long-term agreement with Sony - which is great - because we know Sony and still feel like part of the team there but in the end it all comes down to how many you sell. If the new game sells we'll get to make another - if not we'll be out of business.

Personally I'd prefer not to do sequels if I can avoid it because the emotional commitment to a three-year plus project is too much, and if you do the sequel you end doing another couple of years which I think is too long a time to spend on any subject no matter how much you are interested in it.

miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
[QUOTE="watchcity"]

... another exclusive treat...

luzer7072

you mean sony has more than one?

Bully.

Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
Yea this game looks awsome, Its been exclusive since day 1 though...
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 InsaneBasura

killaj2786

SelfOwned

Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Armored_cell
[QUOTE="killaj2786"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="killaj2786"]

InsaneBasura

:lol:
SelfOwned

Ouch :x
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killaj2786

InsaneBasura

SelfOwned

Oops oh well.....I dont really care I'm gettin ps3 as soon as a price drop comes so I dont care....

But I'll accept the ownage :roll:

nhh12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nhh12345
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts

Kristan Reed: How are you funding the project? Has SCEA given you an advance or is this self-funded and totally independent?

Brendan McNamara: The project is wholly funded by Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have a long-term exclusive arrangement with SCEA.

Kristan Reed: Why has the game been signed up by SCEA, and not SCEE? Given your connections with the latter, we'd have expected it to be signed up by them first...

Brendan McNamara: SCEA has always been big supporters of The Getaway and what we do in general. Right from the start of The Getaway it was on board. It's 14 hours to Los Angeles and 24 hours to London so we opted for LA.

Kristan Reed: Do you envisage this new project as the first part of a series of games, or is it a case of make this one and see how it goes?

Brendan McNamara: It's a long-term agreement with Sony - which is great - because we know Sony and still feel like part of the team there but in the end it all comes down to how many you sell. If the new game sells we'll get to make another - if not we'll be out of business.

Personally I'd prefer not to do sequels if I can avoid it because the emotional commitment to a three-year plus project is too much, and if you do the sequel you end doing another couple of years which I think is too long a time to spend on any subject no matter how much you are interested in it.

gameruk2010
NOt fully funded by sony. Sony dropped this game and rockstar picked it up,
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
[QUOTE="gameruk2010"]

nhh12345

Can i get a link?

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts

killaj2786

there divisions of the same company

But taketwo makes there own decisions (for the most part)

And i can tell you, L.A. Noire will find its way on the 360 ;) there was just a pickup of some large deal of money, you know the good stuff.

If you want to satisfy your mafia cravings (and actually a lot more) check out The Darkness. Ive played this, best game pusblished by 2k imo.

Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Neal_Gore
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
LA Noire is the GTA killer!
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Neal_Gore

Im getting this game as soon as i get a PS3hummer700

Good for you

Taz720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Taz720
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts

Maybe because it was never announced for 360 in the first place.

AC or Mercs 2 anybody?

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Is it a sandbox game?
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
Vaporware in my books...We need to know something about it first
Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Armored_cell

[QUOTE="hummer700"]Im getting this game as soon as i get a PS3Neal_Gore

Good for you

yes good for him. You bothered about it?
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Neal_Gore

Is it a sandbox game?waynehead895

The trailer don't tell jack about this game. I guess cows are excited cause "its a game"

Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Neal_Gore

Vaporware in my books...We need to know something about it firstAcenso

The cows get excited about "any game" coming to the the PS3

nhh12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nhh12345

Educated_Gamer

And i can tell you, L.A. Noire will find its way on the 360 ;)

Bioshock will find its way to ps3 aswell. Both will be announced on different consoles e3 is my bet.
nhh12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nhh12345

[QUOTE="Acenso"]Vaporware in my books...We need to know something about it firstNeal_Gore

It isn't like the cows made a topic that stated 'anoter game lemmings should hype' and showed America Army.
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Neal_Gore
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="killaj2786"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="killaj2786"]

nhh12345

And i can tell you, L.A. Noire will find its way on the 360 ;)

Bioshock will find its way to ps3 aswell. Both will be announced on different consoles e3 is my bet.

Tons of money to be made by all the PS3 owners out there

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
[QUOTE="Neal_Gore"]

[QUOTE="Acenso"]Vaporware in my books...We need to know something about it firstnhh12345

It isn't like the cows made a topic that stated 'anoter game lemmings should hype' and showed America Army.

You relize that games made by the people who made GRAW on the 360? and its gonna be free?

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="nhh12345"][QUOTE="gameruk2010"]

elementz28

Can i get a link?

Err...the first post in this thread? Rockstar didn't pick it up though, Take 2 did. Their 41290 subsidiaries are confusing apparently.

Educated_Gamer

And i can tell you, L.A. Noire will find its way on the 360 ;) there was just a pickup of some large deal of money, you know the good stuff.

If you want to satisfy your mafia cravings (and actually a lot more) check out The Darkness. Ive played this, best game pusblished by 2k imo.

I'd say L.A. Noire is less likely to end up on another platform considering it was in development exclusively for the PS3 for over two and a half years.

nhh12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nhh12345
[QUOTE="nhh12345"][QUOTE="Neal_Gore"]

[QUOTE="Acenso"]Vaporware in my books...We need to know something about it firstEducated_Gamer

You relize that games made by the people who made GRAW on the 360? and its gonna be free?

You have to be kidding. Do you know what America Army is? Go play it right now.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 InsaneBasura

Educated_Gamer

Wut? It is?

haunt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 haunt9
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts
That's a big shame, looks very cool Hopefully something will happen and it might come to 360 too, I love noire movies and this looks right up my alley.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="nhh12345"][QUOTE="Neal_Gore"]

[QUOTE="Acenso"]Vaporware in my books...We need to know something about it firstnhh12345

You relize that games made by the people who made GRAW on the 360?

You have to be kidding. Do you know what America Army is? Go play it right now.

Wut? It is.