Konami has unveiled the data transfer details of MGS5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

Through an infographic, Konami has revealed the details concerning data transfer between Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. Players will be limited in regard to which platforms that they can transfer data between, but the data that they transfer will grant them exclusive features.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

How do you capture soldiers in Ground Zeroes?

Or did I read that wrong?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

didn't even know you could capture them, i just rescued some of the prisoners.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

didn't even know you could capture them, i just rescued some of the prisoners.

You saw that too, right?

I was like...wait what??

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Emil_Fontz

@mr_huggles_dog: You can capture soldiers by rendering them unconscious and carrying them or placing them onto the chopper. They will then appear on your Mother Base in The Phantom Pain, where you can attempt to persuade them to join you. There is an MGSV app that tracks the number of people that a player has taken off the base (anyone can be taken, even assassination targets).

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@emil_fontz: Ohhhhhhh......well....time to play more Ground Zeroes then, lol.

Thanks for the info.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Emil_Fontz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm planning on playing through Ground Zeroes tomorrow morning and would have had no idea I could capture the enemy soldiers. Thanks guys! ^_^

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Emil_Fontz

@Zassimick said:

I'm planning on playing through Ground Zeroes tomorrow morning and would have had no idea I could capture the enemy soldiers. Thanks guys! ^_^

"Thanks guys"? I and I alone provided the info. :p

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

You guys didn't know you could capture enemy soldiers? That's like the only way to get all the cassette tapes in the game!

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#12 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@emil_fontz: I just assumed your account is used by multiple people. You know, cause that's normal. :p

THANK YOU, EMIL FONTZ! :P

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emil_Fontz

@Zassimick:

You're welcome. :)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

@mr_huggles_dog: You can capture soldiers by rendering them unconscious and carrying them or placing them onto the chopper. They will then appear on your Mother Base in The Phantom Pain, where you can attempt to persuade them to join you. There is an MGSV app that tracks the number of people that a player has taken off the base (anyone can be taken, even assassination targets).

Wow, time for me to dust off my GZ copy! Thanks for the tip man!

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Emil_Fontz

@Shewgenja:

Dust off? How long's it been since you've played? LOL.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

@Shewgenja:

Dust off? How long's it been since you've played? LOL.

I went HAM on it for a little over a week. Been pretty back logged and grinding in FFXIV to prepare for the expansion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, I had an obsession with GZ. I actually captured every soldier on base one time, turned it into a ghost town lol.

Glaz and Palitz are the most obvious ones of course, I'm thinking they'll be good for the combat team. But I'm also thinking that in the classified intel mission, picking up the guy you're supposed to rendezvous with AND picking up the bald guy who carries the real tape will get you some good intel guys.

I'm thinking those are the only soldiers that will really mean much, but I took the whole base just in case. Then of course you have all the different POWs in the different missions, including the "hidden" ones like the guy in Paz' cell during the destroy AA mission and the one that's in the muddy corner of the left side camp in the GZ mission. I'm guessing those two will be intel guys as well.

Kind of sucks though, I did everything you could possibly do on the PS4 version, S-ranked every mission on both difficulties, found every item, every tape, extracted every NPC... but now I'm buying the main game on PC. And while I do own the PC version of GZ, I sure as hell don't feel like getting that thorough with the game again.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emil_Fontz

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, I had an obsession with GZ. I actually captured every soldier on base one time, turned it into a ghost town lol.

Glaz and Palitz are the most obvious ones of course, I'm thinking they'll be good for the combat team. But I'm also thinking that in the classified intel mission, picking up the guy you're supposed to rendezvous with AND picking up the bald guy who carries the real tape will get you some good intel guys.

I'm thinking those are the only soldiers that will really mean much, but I took the whole base just in case. Then of course you have all the different POWs in the different missions, including the "hidden" ones like the guy in Paz' cell during the destroy AA mission and the one that's in the muddy corner of the left side camp in the GZ mission. I'm guessing those two will be intel guys as well.

Kind of sucks though, I did everything you could possibly do on the PS4 version, S-ranked every mission on both difficulties, found every item, every tape, extracted every NPC... but now I'm buying the main game on PC. And while I do own the PC version of GZ, I sure as hell don't feel like getting that thorough with the game again.

I once cleared as many soldiers as I could without being caught; I wound up snatching about twenty of them.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Great information, Time to load the chopper up. Is there a limit to how many people you can put on at once?

I_Even_Lift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By I_Even_Lift
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

the bald guy who carries the real tape

What?

"hidden" ones like the guy in Paz' cell during the destroy AA mission and the one that's in the muddy corner of the left side camp in the GZ mission.

What!?????

Is this stuff in all versions? I don't remember any of that.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Animal-Mother said:

Great information, Time to load the chopper up. Is there a limit to how many people you can put on at once?

Nope, no limits bruh. Oddly enough you can even load up dead bodies lol. Though I don't believe they'll register on your stats.

@I_Even_Lift said:

What?

What!?????

Is this stuff in all versions? I don't remember any of that.

Haha, jk man. Ok so yeah, you know how in the intel acquisition mission you get that one scrambled tape from the tower and mission complete? Turns out there is a bald white guy walking around the base with the real tape. I usually find him patrolling in front of the admin building. Hold him up or chokehold and interrogate, he'll drop the real tape.

As for those two POWs. At the start of the GZ mission, make your way to the camp on the left. In the back corner he'll be hidden in a small makeshift structure. This one is time sensitive, the guards will execute him so it's best to do this first thing.

During the destroy AA mission, make your way to Paz' cell. It's best to do this before destroying your targets. Cool thing is, this guy spills some interesting info about what's going on at the base and talks about his torture experience at the hands of Skullface. Kind of a bad ass moment too cause he's all like "I didn't talk boss, they didn't break me"... makes Big Boss seem like he's the damn Godfather haha.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Nope, no limits bruh. Oddly enough you can even load up dead bodies lol. Though I don't believe they'll register on your stats.

Haha, jk man. Ok so yeah, you know how in the intel acquisition mission you get that one scrambled tape from the tower and mission complete? Turns out there is a bald white guy walking around the base with the real tape. I usually find him patrolling in front of the admin building. Hold him up or chokehold and interrogate, he'll drop the real tape.

As for those two POWs. At the start of the GZ mission, make your way to the camp on the left. In the back corner he'll be hidden in a small makeshift structure. This one is time sensitive, the guards will execute him so it's best to do this first thing.

During the destroy AA mission, make your way to Paz' cell. It's best to do this before destroying your targets. Cool thing is, this guy spills some interesting info about what's going on at the base and talks about his torture experience at the hands of Skullface. Kind of a bad ass moment too cause he's all like "I didn't talk boss, they didn't break me"... makes Big Boss seem like he's the damn Godfather haha.

I hope they don't start off MGSV with a bunch of dead bodies surrounding mother base....

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ConanTheStoner

@Animal-Mother said:

I hope they don't start off MGSV with a bunch of dead bodies surrounding mother base....

Ha, that'd be some shit. It is Kojima though, you never know.

@emil_fontz said:

I once cleared as many soldiers as I could without being caught; I wound up snatching about twenty of them.

Yeah, clearing them out without being seen is most definitely the way to go. Tedious of course, but still the best option.

I did manage to extract some of the attack team soldiers as well, the guys in the vests that come for back up. Just took on the whole base in a gun fight and wasted them until no more would respawn, then captured the scraps. Wonder if those will be any better than the regular patrols?

I_Even_Lift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_Even_Lift
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts

@ConanTheStoner:

Thanks man, I'll give it a try tonight! :)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@I_Even_Lift:

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

You guys didn't know you could capture enemy soldiers? That's like the only way to get all the cassette tapes in the game!

Not sure if joking, but none of the cassette tapes are acquired by capturing enemy soldiers. Actually the only reward you net in Ground Zeroes for capturing enemy soldiers is the Depth achievement/trophy for extracting Glaz and Palitz.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

oh, this is just spam for TC's youtube channel

Flagged

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Emil_Fontz

@ConanTheStoner:

I've never thought of capturing members of the attack team. Sounds like a good idea.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@lostrib:

At least he was helpful with his promotion by giving people info they never knew, but hey, go ahead and keep being a complete asshole.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity: you're right, it was wrong of me to be an ass to a user who jokes about throwing women into "Rapeland" and brags about torturing animals.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I remember when you left Gamespot in a desperate cry for attention and now you've come back yet again seeking more attention for your Youtube channel?

I'm thinking about flagging for advertising.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@lostrib:

That's fucked up, my apologies then. Although I still think you're an asshole. ;)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Thanks for the info.

Right?!! That is great!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Oh Hai BRHD, didn't knew you were interested in PP as well, my most anticipated title of 2015. Ty for the info :)

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

So, ah, are any of you guys going to subscribe?

Nope, and here's why. You used a video when a few lines of text would have worked just as well, if not better. Black text on a blue field may look cool, but it's annoying to try to read, particularly when in front of of a video with more black.