Konami...........FAIL

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/05/metal_gear_solid_may_end_up_being_a_mobile_franchise_says_konami

If this turns out to be true, how will you all feel?

Edit: This turned out to be true, will lock this thread now -david_lck

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Indifferent. The series was always too Japanese for me anyway. So much melodramatic crap.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Hello darkness, my old friend..

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Day after day as if Konami is trying to exist the game industry

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

**** Konami.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

"Of course, mobile gaming is a massive deal in Japan, where its impressive popularity has done a lot to damage the console gaming industry as a whole"

Then it makes sense for them. Follow the $

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

"We will pursue mobile games aggressively," says Konami's new CEO Hayakawa in an interview with Nikkei Trendy Net.

"Our main platform will be mobiles. Following the pay-as-you-play model of games like Power pro and Winning Eleven with additional content, our games must move from selling things like "items" to selling things like "features."

"We saw with these games that even people who buy physical games are motivated to buy extra content. The success of Power pro especially has motivated us to actively push more of our popular series onto mobile than ever before."

"Gaming has spread to a number of platforms, but at the end of the day, the platform that is always closest to us, is mobile. Mobile is where the future of gaming lies."

"We hope that our overseas games such as MGSV and Winning Eleven continue to do well, but we are always thinking about how to push our franchises onto mobile there too."

"With multiplatform games, there's really no point in dividing the market into categories anymore. Mobiles will take on the new role of linking the general public to the gaming world."

http://jin115.com/archives/52080348.html

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Meh. I don't really care after MGSV.

Not to say a good MGS game couldn't be made without Kojima, but it just wouldn't be the same. I would want a full on reboot anyways which Konami probably wouldn't do. They're going to milk the established characters and universe to death. Even with Kojima at the helm the series would need a reboot, but without him it's only going to be worse.

If they're going to ruin MGS they might as well make it fast and this seems like a great option for that.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Konami is the next Capcom that much is clear.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@davillain- said:

**** Konami.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Any Japanese company who is only interested in the local market will go mobile. Looks like Konami isn't competent or ambitious enough like SE and SEGA who hold Western game companies like Relic, Eidos, etc. Konami probably doesn't care about the West. They only care about Japan and since Japan is all mobile now they go mobile too.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: I'm with you on this one. After MGSV, I'm totally done with this series unless it's another Metal Gear Rising, well, I don't know if I'll ever get that one since Kojima did had little to do with it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner

@davillain-:

Yep, it was a good ride, but it had to end eventually. We got a few awesome games out of it and it's going out with a bang. Kojima finally got to create the open ended stealth game he's been wanting to make since the original Metal Gear. Can't ask for much more than that.

I'd be open to some decent spin offs, like Rising of course, but the main series is done and it's all good.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Not a single red penny of my money is going to them now. MGSV is my final Konami purchase. If only to prove that their best selling and most profitable product from now on was a core game.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#16 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@davem1992: I guess my dreams of a Suikoden 6 are permantly dashed... or hell having suikoden 3, 4, 5 and tactics on psn... gone because Konami doesn't care about traditional gaming it seems. Another greedy company following the casuals to the non gaming world of "how can we rake on the most money from ignorant saps" games... something I am highly against.

Goodbye suikoden, silent hill and castlevania... I will miss thee. Here's to hoping they get sold to another dev. As for mgs. The series will be dead after 5 anyway so not a huge deal as Kojima is gone.

Avatar image for nothingformoney
NothingForMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NothingForMoney
Member since 2014 • 466 Posts

Shame on you, Konami

Avatar image for Suddenly_Wasted
Suddenly_Wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Suddenly_Wasted
Member since 2013 • 137 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

We got a few awesome games out of it and it's going out with a bang. Kojima finally got to create the open ended stealth game he's been wanting to make since the original Metal Gear. Can't ask for much more than that.

I was gonna rage but when you put it like that it all seems ok lol

@Shewgenja said:

Not a single red penny of my money is going to them now. MGSV is my final Konami purchase. If only to prove that their best selling and most profitable product from now on was a core game.

Same.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Midnightshade29:

Well here is the shit part. Konami likely won't be parting with any of their IPs. Beyond the fact that they'll be gearing a lot of these IPs towards mobile gaming, they'll also be using them for the other arm of their business.

These old franchises we loved don't get to die an honorable death. They get to shamble around like zombies. Such a waste.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Well after Kojima exits the franchise and konami and their dumb statements is obvious they are going to destroy it mobile or not so i guess just move on, not much we can do about it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Konami still around these days?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#22 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Then they have no passion for video games. They just want to milk casual market instead of spending money on games for core gamers.

Lol Mobiles.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I don't really mind, Konami have some fantastic games but every series they have has has run it's course.

RIP.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Let's hope MGS V will be a worthy farewell!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Indifferent. The series was always too Japanese for me anyway. So much melodramatic crap.

says the guy with an anime avatar and sig...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner

@Suddenly_Wasted said:

I was gonna rage but when you put it like that it all seems ok lol

Their, they're, there my child, rest easy now. Everything is going to be ok.

image resolution is 420 x 420 how cool is that?
image resolution is 420 x 420 how cool is that?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall

@Vatusus said:
@inb4uall said:

says the guy with an anime avatar and sig...

My avatar is from Pokemon. Pokemon does have an anime (which is garbage) but I enjoy it for the video game which doesn't have anywhere near the amount of melodramatic bullshit that metal gear does. My sig is from nuclear throne, a rogue like indie game, which is in no way related to anime.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I thought Pro Evo was their best selling product.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@inb4uall: Pokemon has a shitton of melodramatic bullshit, and it's a series that preys on people who are willing to buy, and apologize for, the same thing with a new skin every year. Metal Gear Solid's fantastic for how every game in the series changes, which you would know if you played good games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Shewgenja said:

You might just be right on that. Oh well, I don't buy sports titles lol Unless you count Formula 1 games.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By inb4uall

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall: Pokemon has a shitton of melodramatic bullshit, and it's a series that preys on people who are willing to buy, and apologize for, the same thing with a new skin every year. Metal Gear Solid's fantastic for how every game in the series changes, which you would know if you played good games.

The games barely have a story at all let alone melodrama. Go ahead an get upset that I shit on a game you like though. Couldn't care less what you think.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

With the huge Japanese console crisis and the success of mobile gaming ... its expected. Nintendo is focusing on mobiles as well.

Konami is not one of the best japanese developers anymore , they used to but now with Kojima out of the picture ... I dont know ... time will tell .. The only thing that matters konami related atm is MGS5 ..

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Well if that happens, the best we can hope for is if Kojima makes a kickstarter campaign for the spiritual successor or I wouldn't mind funding a new project of his what ever it might be. A lot of old game franchises are dying out now due to greedy publishers. And more and more people are looking to things like Kickstarter to get what they want.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Unfortunate news. Some of my favorite gaming memories are from Konami titles. Mobile and gaming should not even be in the same sentence lol

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Shewgenja said:

You might just be right on that. Oh well, I don't buy sports titles lol Unless you count Formula 1 games.

Yeah, I only get them every now and then. But I didn't enjoy Fifa 14 or Pro Evo 2014, they weren't fun, they took themselves more seriously than they used to. I used have a blast on older football games.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@inb4uall said:
@Blabadon said:

The games barely have a story at all let alone melodrama. Go ahead an get upset that I shit on a game you like though. Couldn't care less what you think.

Well yes Jon, it's been noted that due to your poor scope in video games, your arguments constantly come down to "but consolez!!1!" and "I don't care what you think!." Very much the Fighting Illini education at work, I see.

You're also blatantly ignorant of the English language if you think Pokemon doesn't have the exaggerated characters or drama meant to appeal to emotions that is typical of melodrama. MGS does it in overly long cutscenes (but you wouldn't know), Pokemon does it in awful monologues. Pretty much every villain from Gen 3 and onward, like here.

And no Jon, no one is upset you "shit" on a series you haven't played. You're barely worthy of a proper discussion of the series, because if I were looking for that, @ConanTheStoner already posted here. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I miss silent hill. MGS can go to hell.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@davillain- said:

**** Konami.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
@Blabadon said:

When I first played MGS3 and encountered the boss that controls bees I was like WTF is this shit? There was also this character who danced around it was so awkward and bizarre. I like real-life stealth not this shit. I do not like Japanese theatrics. They seem so stupid to me. Not to mention getting caught doesn't get you killed. I so much prefer Splinter Cell and even Hitman over MGS.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

What's odd is this isn't just a Konami thing, from the looks of it this is a Capcom thing they're transitioning to, no mobile games exactly but PC F2P games and MMOs, and Nintendo is doing god knows what but my guess is it'll not be a conventional market. I think the entire Japanese market is going bust catering to their own domestic market in hopes the rest of the world wants what they're offering... but we won't.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

MGS, silent hill and Castlevania themed pachinko machines incoming.

Konami is dropping it's vidya related endeavours in favor of gambling and the hope of revised Japanese gaming laws.

Japan needs to start kicking out these 70 year old Ceo's that don't understand the modern consumer.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Lol at gaming on mobile devices, good luck Konami

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

PC and Console elitist always trying to downplay mobile gaming. Tisk tisk.

Can't blame a company trying to make $$$.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#44  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

They are basically dead to me after MGS5. It's a shame because I felt they were starting to become relevant again with the latest Castlevania: LoS games.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Who cares, after MGS V (which in all honestly, looks amazing) and without Kojima, series will fall even further.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Konami is dead as a video game developer.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@inb4uall said:
@Blabadon said:

The games barely have a story at all let alone melodrama.

I don't know man, the "friends" in Pokemon X/Y were hella lame. That douchebag that wants to dance all the time was butthole cancer.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

As long as MGSV is released, Konami can go on ahead and cease to exist.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Konami (and Capcom) have been a sinking ship for awhile.

Oh and Pokemon X > MGS4.