Kojima-san delivers! It's Deja Vu all over again.

• 73 results
#1 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

What do you guys expect?

New DLC, Trailer, Ground Zeroes 2, Raiden/Polygon Snake heading to the PS4/One or maybe the long awaited MGS4 for 360?

Stay tune for disappointment.

Source

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain hasn’t had a new trailer in a while, but it sounds as if Hideo Kojima is cobbling something together as you read this. In fact, he’s teased some form of “important” announcement for tomorrow, which may or may not be video-related.

Speaking of trailers, you can check out the Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain E3 2013 trailer to tide you over. It’s still pretty epic.

Kojima’s been teasing some form of trailer over on Twitter for a few days now. Most recently he said, “I’ve come up with new ideas for the trailer at the gym. I’ll try them out tomorrow.”

Running does get the brain juices going, after all. He then added, “On Tomorrow’s Kojima Station there will be an important announcement. At the same time, I will introduce the ‘Prisoners’ video corner that will be released on May 3rd. In addition, the new corner (video) will involve planning, lighting, shooting, editing and sound recording made by ourselves.”

He also posted this teaser image of the video corner:

*****UPDATE*****

All your hopes, and dreams have been answered! Kojima-san delivers yet again!

DEJA VU & JAMAIS VU will be available to download on May 1st (JPT) for FREE!!! Hooray! #コジステ

— Ayako (Touchy!) (@Kaizerkunkun) April 24, 2014

#2 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11603 posts) -

He always does this, doesn't he? I won't even bother getting hyped. I'm interested but eh, I'll just forget it and see what happens. Trailer would be cool, I guess.

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

DLC for Ground Zeroes, 20 extra minutes of content for $10

#4 Edited by _Matt_ (9329 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

With an additional skin for another $3.

#5 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16004 posts) -

hopefully some mgs5 news.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18223 posts) -

PC Port ?

They deserve it.

#7 Posted by blackace (21319 posts) -

@lbjkurono23: I have two words for Kojima, "Suck It!!"

He has no respect for gamer's intelligence. I'll never pay full price for any of his games again.

#8 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

David Hayter DLC voice pack, can't allow Snoop Dog voice pack to upstage MGS.

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

He always does this, doesn't he? I won't even bother getting hyped. I'm interested but eh, I'll just forget it and see what happens. Trailer would be cool, I guess.

Kojima gets too excited.

@bobbetybob said:

Each mission sold separately.

@_Matt_ said:

@bobbetybob said:

Will buy them all if they include Cyborg Ninja, Null, Ocelot, and Liquid skins. I'd buy $60 worth of skins.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

hopefully some mgs5 news.

You , and me both. I do want some sort of new content info in regards to dlc, and skins.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

PC Port ?

They deserve it.

No need to, in the future computers will emulate the PS4, and X1 with no problem.... I've been told. Power of the PC!!!

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -

They might have hired actual voice talent for Big Boss.

#10 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Pee-wee >>> David Hayter's batman impression

#11 Edited by cainetao11 (19123 posts) -

Naomi is real? I don't know, and don't think my definition of big news is always the same as Kojima's.

#12 Posted by cainetao11 (19123 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Pee-wee >>> David Hayter's batman impression

Batman? I always figured he was going for Dirty Harry

#13 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@blackace said:

He has no respect for gamer's intelligence. I'll never pay full price for any of his games again.

Is this because of the $29.99 price tag for GZ?

#14 Edited by charizard1605 (60809 posts) -

lol

#15 Posted by KiZZo1 (3969 posts) -

He's gonna stop making ... uhhhhhh, games ?

*FINGERS CROSSED*

#16 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18223 posts) -

@ lbjkurono23

This Power of the PC thing is taking too long and Kojima is a colossal Douche Nozzle !

He's not worth Emulating a console for.

#17 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18223 posts) -

@ lbjkurono23

This Power of the PC thing is taking too long and Kojima is a colossal Douche Nozzle !

#18 Posted by misterpmedia (4330 posts) -

Kojima: "I've started work on Zone of The Enders 3 for next gen." plzplzplzplzplzpllzpllzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplpzlzplzplzplzplzplzpzlzplzpzlzplzpzlzplzzplz

#19 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@KiZZo1 said:

*FINGERS CROSSED*

You insane! What about ZOE3?

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lbjkurono23

He might not be, but his games are. Wouldn't you say?

#20 Posted by Wiimotefan (4132 posts) -

So where are you seeing these fans rolling their eyes? lol

All the MGS boards are treating this like any other thing. Hopefully a new trailer, possibly an MGO3 beta announcement. And that's it.

And lol people still acting butthurt about the value like it's an hour long game even though the world average play time is over 6 hours (completed missions, not counting screw off time) according to the stats from over two weeks ago.

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18223 posts) -

@ lbjkurono23

But somebody's got to make a stand.

#22 Posted by misterpmedia (4330 posts) -

:(

#23 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lbjkurono23

@misterpmedia said:

So you're telling me there's a chance for skins?

#24 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5131 posts) -

Kojima is a fraud.

#25 Edited by Wiimotefan (4132 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

I'm just hoping for some co-op details, but I doubt that's it.

Though he has been showing pics of Quiets actress lately. Some doing mocap in BDUs. And he did mention a buddy system a while back.

#26 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8813 posts) -

He will announce his resignation and Sony will be closing its doors.

#27 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7206 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@bobbetybob said:

@blackace said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ lbjkurono23

@jhonMalcovich said:

Kojima is a fraud.

lulz

I actually feel bad for you guys.

#28 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Kojima is a fraud.

Please explain?

@Wiimotefan said:

@misterpmedia said:

I'm just hoping for some co-op details, but I doubt that's it.

Though he has been showing pics of Quiets actress lately. Some doing mocap in BDUs. And he did mention a buddy system a while back.

Maybe some clothes for her? I've heard the desert can get awfully chilly at night.

#29 Edited by misterpmedia (4330 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

#30 Posted by musicalmac (23532 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Ones

Did anyone make that joke yet?

#31 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10390 posts) -

He will announce that this will be his last MGS game

#32 Posted by Wiimotefan (4132 posts) -

@lbjkurono23:

Well yeah they're scanning her and mocapping in multiple outfits so that's a definite.

But the unanimous theory at the moment is that her skin is like a natural Octocamo. Similar to The Ends liver spots becoming more pronounced and acting as camo. Meaning the less clothes she wears, the better camouflaged she will be.

lol yeah MGS.

#33 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8813 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

He is more sexy than Stephanie. Well ok no but damn close.

#34 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@Wiimotefan said:

@lbjkurono23:

Well yeah they're scanning her and mocapping in multiple outfits so that's a definite.

But the unanimous theory at the moment is that her skin is like a natural Octocamo. Similar to The Ends liver spots becoming more pronounced and acting as camo. Meaning the less clothes she wears, the better camouflaged she will be.

lol yeah MGS.

That would be interesting. Kinda crazy how the more you reach into the past technology gets better in mgs.

#35 Posted by xhawk27 (7506 posts) -

MGS4 on Xbox One since it now uses Blu-ray.

#36 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -

Maybe David Hayter is back? The only other things I care about is finding out for sure if it's coming to PS360 or not?

#37 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Kojima: "I've started work on Zone of The Enders 3 for next gen." plzplzplzplzplzpllzpllzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplpzlzplzplzplzplzplzpzlzplzpzlzplzpzlzplzzplz

I frickin wish. He cancelled 3 because the HD collection didn't sell as well as he'd hoped, so I doubt it. I think it was stupid to hinge the future of the series on an hd collection though. Especially when it didn't get a whole lot of marketing and it didn't recieve the same sort of care that the MGS HD collection got

#38 Posted by Wiimotefan (4132 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@lbjkurono23:

lol yeah MGS.

That would be interesting. Kinda crazy how the more you reach into the past technology gets better in mgs.

I'm sure they'll find some corny way to write it in like her skin is what gave birth to the Octocamo technology, but yeah you're right. MGS is so damn inconsistent about tech.

Of course the theory could be wrong altogether, but it has a bit of weight to it. Kojima saying that we'll "get it" later as to why she's running around half naked. And in the trailer it does show some rorschach type markings fade away from her face when she's standing up.

Better than some of the other theories going around lmfao! Apparently some people think Quiet is a grown up Chico. O_o

The worst part is, some of the supporting evidence is a bit compelling. I just choose not to believe it haha! Would be some funny shit though.

#39 Edited by nini200 (10387 posts) -

@KiZZo1 said:

*FINGERS CROSSED*

This!!!

Konami was a much more diverse company before they started focusing on Metal Gear so much.

#40 Edited by misterpmedia (4330 posts) -

@vashkey said:

@misterpmedia said:

I frickin wish. He cancelled 3 because the HD collection didn't sell as well as he'd hoped, so I doubt it. I think it was stupid to hinge the future of the series on an hd collection though. Especially when it didn't get a whole lot of marketing and it didn't recieve the same sort of care that the MGS HD collection got

technically it hangs by the balance and actually isn't cancelled. His last known words on it were in an interview where he stated an open question to the 'fans' out there to let him know if people actually wanted a sequel or not. So who knows... I'd love one but he even mentioned that it wouldn't be 'mecha' it would have been set in some ancient past...which is weird. Bit upset about that because that shiny neon-esc world ZoE2 resided in would have looked godly on next gen but as long as the gameplay was the same I reckon I could compromise. I think he also said something recently in a live Q&A at the PS4 launch in Japan or launch of MGSGZ that he thought ZoE was too 'anime' and wanted to bring it to a wider audience :(. Genuinely one of a small list of games I never wanted to hear about getting knocked off, enjoyed the second one so much.

Also I agree on that statment about the HD collection, if it hadn't of got poor reviews and took out the one thing that made it epic, which was the fast mecha combat, then it would have sold more. Luckily for us PS3 owners Hexadrive exist.

#41 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8813 posts) -

Ground Zeros bombed. Phantom Pains put on hold indefinitely will be the announcement. He already hinted to this before GZ was released.

#42 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Grown up chico! that crying game spin! Would make it goty for sure.

I thought it was for pure show when that happened in the trailer.

@Wiimotefan said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@lbjkurono23:

lol yeah MGS.

I'm sure they'll find some corny way to write it in like her skin is what gave birth to the Octocamo technology, but yeah you're right. MGS is so damn inconsistent about tech.

Of course the theory could be wrong altogether, but it has a bit of weight to it. Kojima saying that we'll "get it" later as to why she's running around half naked. And in the trailer it does show some rorschach type markings fade away from her face when she's standing up.

Better than some of the other theories going around lmfao! Apparently some people think Quiet is a grown up Chico. O_o

The worst part is, some of the supporting evidence is a bit compelling. I just choose not to believe it haha! Would be some funny shit though.

@xhawk27 said:

MGS4 on Xbox One since it now uses Blu-ray.

The lems prayers have been answered. The 360's first 10/10 game. Rejoice!

#43 Edited by Wiimotefan (4132 posts) -

@lbjkurono23:

Farewell Sausage lol

Like I said, I'm not on board with the theory. Dat bottom pic tho lmao.

And then Kojima saying we'll "feel ashamed of our words and deeds" XD

Edit: wow lol

#44 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

He says he went to the gym. I get the feeling its a fanservice-esque announcement. It doesn't sound important.

#45 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4079 posts) -

He will announce that MGS5 will be episodic... Each level will be $30.

#46 Posted by Oemenia (10247 posts) -

Is that the girl used for Quiet, because anything of her is a massive yes!

#47 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8813 posts) -

I unfollowed Kojima on Twitter a few weeks ago. Cant stand that muh fukr anymore.

#48 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (2458 posts) -

He seem to enjoy making trailer more than game these day. I do not care unless he tell release date or ZOE3 footage.

#50 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17142 posts) -

I'm really hoping it's a skin that allows Quiet to be nude or something. Everyone will say they won't buy it but it'll sell millions.