Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Fairly disgusting, be warned.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-responds-to-metal-gear-survive/1100-6443687/

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has responded to Konami's Metal Gear Survive, the first new game in the series following his departure from the company last year.

According to IGN, Kojima was asked if the idea for Survive came from his mind. He said, "That's nothing to do with me!" He went on to call out the game's use of zombies.

"The Metal Gear games are about political fiction and espionage," he explained. "Where do zombies fit in with that?"

He did say, however, that had he worked on Metal Gear Survive, it might be different. "If I had worked on that game, it would have mechs in it," he said.

Metal Gear Survive was announced during Gamescom in August. It is a multiplayer stealth game coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC in 2017. The spinoff is set in the same universe as Metal Gear Solid V and takes place after the events of Ground Zeroes.

In the aftermath of the attack on Mother Base, Militaires Sans Frontières soldiers are sucked into wormholes along with chunks of the base itself. They are transported into alternate timelines and are forced to fight for survival alongside their comrades. Players will take control of one of these soldiers and team up with others to take on what look like zombies. You can watch 15 minutes of gameplay here or in the video above.

Konami has said Metal Gear Survive will not cost $60. Instead, it will be "somewhere in the vicinity" of what Ground Zeroes cost at launch, which was $30.

Kojima's first post-Konami game is Death Stranding, which is in the works for PS4 and PC. At TGS this past week, the veteran game designer shared new details about it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Of all the dumb shit in the MGS franchise, he draws the line at the undead?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

(Copy/Paste what I said on that article)

I remember reading that Kojima said that he wanted to make a genuine zombie game, not a Metal Gear Zombie game so yeah, if he was involve in this spin-off, he'd would've use mechs indeed.

As for Metal Gear Survive, I think it looks interesting despite all those reused assets. The demo made it seem like the zombies are really dangerous which would make it an interesting zombie game since most of them just throw hundreds of weak zombies at you and for $30, if it was just $20, I would've jump in but we'll see how the reviews turn out if it's really a fun game.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Did Kojima forget about the skulls? I would much rather face zombies than those bullet sponge things again.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

He did say, however, that had he worked on Metal Gear Survive, it might be different. "If I had worked on that game, it would have mechs in it," he said.

Yeah, there'd surely be mechs, and 75% unplayable and nearly all cutscene...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

He takes himself way too seriously and has violated the 4th Crack Commandment, "never get high on your own supply".

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Vamp.

He's clearly just salty they are moving on without him.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

He takes himself way too seriously and has violated the 4th Crack Commandment, "never get high on your own supply".

Yoji Shinkawa actually said that, not Kojima.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Yeah Zombies don't belong in MGS but Ghosts do.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I wish he said something like "the newest Konami's take on the MGS series is garbage".

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

@Randoggy said:

well, it's good to know that creative liability isn't with Konami anymore

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

"The Metal Gear games are about political fiction and espionage," he explained. "Where do zombies fit in with that?"

That pretty much sums it up

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

@Ballroompirate: That, and a whole bunch of other shit. He's talking as if his games are high-brow.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Yikes. Death Stranding isn't coming till 2018, with inevitable delays, and it's primarily a multiplayer game! Didn't see that coming. All hype should be lost. Epic fail Kojima. I know I went off topic but I was so surprised to read that.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Randoggy

@primorandomguy said:

Yikes. Death Stranding isn't coming till 2018, with inevitable delays, and it's primarily a multiplayer game! Didn't see that coming. All hype should be lost. Epic fail Kojima. I know I went off topic but I was so surprised to read that.

Primarily mutliplayer? Where did you hear this?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@primorandomguy: It never had a proper release date, so I'm okay with the 2018 but then again, there's noting to talk about the game so no point in me talking about it if it's gonna be good, the bad, or the ugly.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Randoggy: IGN article made 13 hours ago saying Death Stranding coming before 2019. New details emerge.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Randoggy said:
@primorandomguy said:

I read it would have multiplayer functions, but nothing primary focus.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Randoggy

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Randoggy said:
@primorandomguy said:

I read it would have multiplayer functions, but nothing primary focus.

Exactly, it would have multiplayer elements, doesn't make it primarily multiplayer like someone above suggested.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I lol'd.

Btw, cool avatar.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@Randoggy said:
@primorandomguy said:

I'd like to hear where he got that info too.

However it is hard to get hyped for a game that will likely come towards the end of the current generation.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Randoggy

@Netret0120 said:
@Randoggy said:
@primorandomguy said:

I'd like to hear where he got that info too.

However it is hard to get hyped for a game that will likely come towards the end of the current generation.

That's ok, can't really hype something we don't know anything about anyways. People hyping things to high heaven only brings disappointment anyways.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

Damn. I had low expectations but was interested a little bit but after reading this, I have zero interest now if it's true.

EDIT:

Multiplayer was mentioned in the article but doesn't look like it'll be priority so far. If it's there just as an extra feature then that's fine.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I dont get how is hypocrite on this one or salty by any means ...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Kojima is a wrestling character, he knows how to play to a crowd. He's turned himself into this absurd martyr for how shitty Konami is, and it's like from a business standpoing Konami is probably right. They spent all that money and dev time, and Kojima wasn't going to finish that game in September of 2015. Throw in the fact that Konami's gaming division with Kojima as pres was nothing but a bunch of games that barely did anything sales wise sans Metal Gear and Pes, the Metal Gear Rising stuff was a disaster where they had to bring in Platinum to save that project, and lets forget where Kojima had them make a video where homeboys were more or less a sentence away from committing sepoku on fucking camera.

Dude's a great game dev, but he's a grade A dick. He's as shitty as anyone else.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

**** Konami, nothing more to say

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

He's mad they moved on.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:
@freedomfreak said:

and lets forget where Kojima had them make a video where homeboys were more or less a sentence away from committing sepoku on fucking camera.

I never heard of this. Please elaborate.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@Ballroompirate: That, and a whole bunch of other shit. He's talking as if his games are high-brow.

Kojima games may have some weird shit in them (ghosts, paranormal crap, out of the box stuff, superhumans) but even he has limits on stuff he puts in his games (like zombies and alternate realities). Wormholes/alternate realities and zombies is the line I don't cross when it comes down to mgs. Kojima is literally the opposite of Tom Clancy in writing and story telling.

I will say the game looks interesting and for $30 its tempting, but I'm boycotting Konami.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@freedomfreak said:

Kojima is a wrestling character, he knows how to play to a crowd. He's turned himself into this absurd martyr for how shitty Konami is, and it's like from a business standpoing Konami is probably right. They spent all that money and dev time, and Kojima wasn't going to finish that game in September of 2015. Throw in the fact that Konami's gaming division with Kojima as pres was nothing but a bunch of games that barely did anything sales wise sans Metal Gear and Pes, the Metal Gear Rising stuff was a disaster where they had to bring in Platinum to save that project, and lets forget where Kojima had them make a video where homeboys were more or less a sentence away from committing sepoku on fucking camera.

Dude's a great game dev, but he's a grade A dick. He's as shitty as anyone else.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Kojima has been pretty much dead silent on his feeling with Konami. How exactly did he turn himself into a martyr? Konami did that themselves, and the internet speculation just added onto that. Sort of like how everyone speculates that MGSV in unfinished, even though there's no definitive proof that it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I don't get it, what was fairly disgusting or hypocritical about what he said?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@da_illest101: that of all the stupid bullshit in his games he thinks zombies are too out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@mems_1224: well zombie are somewhat boring, uninteresting and generic, but I get your point.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#33 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@da_illest101: @mems_1224: I think the point is, even in all the craziness it was based in politics and espionage, which this seems to be neither. Just running around with zombies

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@aigis: mgsv didn't even have anything close to resembling an actual story.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#35 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@Randoggy said:
@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, GS misquoted. The original IGN article that GS links to:

KOJIMA CALLS OUT METAL GEAR SURVIVE'S ZOMBIES

Kojima himself didn't say anything about mechs, but it was Yoji Shinkawa who said it.

Still, mechs would be more believable in the Metal Gear world, since the very Metal Gear itself is a mech. The mech theme fits right in with what the series is about, the titular Metal Gear.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Randoggy

@Jag85 said:
@Randoggy said:
@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, GS misquoted. The original IGN article that GS links to:

KOJIMA CALLS OUT METAL GEAR SURVIVE'S ZOMBIES

Kojima himself didn't say anything about mechs, but it was Yoji Shinkawa who said it.

Still, mechs would be more believable in the Metal Gear world, since the very Metal Gear itself is a mech. The mech theme fits right in with what the series is about, the titular Metal Gear.

Metal gears will most certainly be in MGSurvive though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@Randoggy said:

Definitely. I thought it was pretty much assumed that that's what we were hearing at the end of last months announcement trailer.

It'll probably just be a slightly modified version of Sahel, but still.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Randoggy

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Randoggy said:

Definitely. I thought it was pretty much assumed that that's what we were hearing at the end of last months announcement trailer.

It'll probably just be a slightly modified version of Sahel, but still.

Oh for sure. It would be cool if they threw in some older ones as well. Either way I'm looking forward to the game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@Randoggy said:

Oh for sure. It would be cool if they threw in some older ones as well. Either way I'm looking forward to the game.

Yup, same here man. I really wanted co-op from MGSV all along, so at least we're kinda getting that now.

Like Jango said in an earlier thread about this game, I would have much rather seen a legit expansion to MGSV. Give us a new locale, some new bases/missions, and add co-op to the main game. I'd much rather be doing more stealth espionage shit than holding out against zombie hordes.

People like to be disingenuous about this game, acting like MGS didn't have its own feel with its own specific brand of stupid. This title is obviously very different. The majority of time spent playing in MGS games was spent infiltrating semi-realistic settings against human patrols. They were relatively grounded games for the main stretches. The more over the top absurdities served as punctuations throughout the games in the form of boss fights and cutscenes.

But I digress. On the one hand, this is a spin off game. It's not like Rising and the Ac!d games don't exist. And on the other hand, it's more MGSV mechanics and some co-op to go with it. I'm on board with that. Of course the main infiltrate/exfiltrate loop that was so satisfying in MGSV will likely be compromised in translation. It won't just be more MGSV goodness, but at least we know it's being built on a solid foundation. It could end up being even more fun than MGSV, guess we'll see eventually.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Randoggy

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Randoggy said:

Yup, same here man. I really wanted co-op from MGSV all along, so at least we're kinda getting that now.

Like Jango said in an earlier thread about this game, I would have much rather seen a legit expansion to MGSV. Give us a new locale, some new bases/missions, and add co-op to the main game. I'd much rather be doing more stealth espionage shit than holding out against zombie hordes.

People like to be disingenuous about this game, acting like MGS didn't have its own feel with its own specific brand of stupid. This title is obviously very different. The majority of time spent playing in MGS games was spent infiltrating semi-realistic settings against human patrols. They were relatively grounded for the main stretches. The more over the top absurdities served as punctuations throughout the games in the form of boss fights and cutscenes.

But I digress. On the one hand, this is a spin off game. It's not like Rising and the Ac!d games don't exist. And on the other hand, it's more MGSV mechanics and some co-op to go with it. I'm on board with that. Of course the main infiltrate/exfiltrate loop that was so satisfying in MGSV will likely be compromised in translation. It won't just be more MGSV goodness, but at least we know it's being built on a solid foundation. It could end up being even more fun than MGSV, guess we'll see eventually.

They could always do more but I feel this is there way to see if people will actually play a metal gear game without Kojima, and if they do we'll probably see more. I know alot of people give this game shit but let's be honest, most those people are still gonna buy this game. Gamers don't have the fortitude to stick it to companies.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

I have to mostly agree with Kojima. Zombies are boring at this point, and turning MGS into a Zombie game doesnt really make any sense. I can see why he'd be against the idea. I dont know see how this makes him hypocritical or a dick.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

Zombies are so overplayed these days. It's like, ok, new game.. taking bets on Zombies, racing, or indie. Or a combination of the three.

*edit* oh yeah... I forgot robots.

It's time to start making good games again.. when is the industry going to crash again... sigh...

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Randoggy

@WitIsWisdom said:

Zombies are so overplayed these days. It's like, ok, new game.. taking bets on Zombies, racing, or indie. Or a combination of the three.

It's time to start making good games again.. when is the industry going to crash again... sigh...

It won't.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Randoggy said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

It won't.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. One can dream though.. I only want it to crash so they start making good games again. There is so much possibility out there these days, and all we get are half completed games and lies.

We need the MID TIER games back (the games that actually used to make devs money before everyone just bought clones). These days it's either over hyped AAA games, over hyped indies, or just shit indies. Gone is innovation, variety, and my all time favorite franchises.

All I want is a new SOCOM game on consoles that is actually worth a damn.. surely I can't be asking for too much. They wonder why each installment of games like that lose more and more sales each time. It isn't because there isn't a market, it's because people want GOOD games. If only the industry would stop trying to cater to the "general populous" and start making great games that target a certain group of people again. I mean.. look at the popularity of games like Souls. It got popular for sticking to it's roots and not giving in. Same with the Warriors series... and even CoD. Give us NEW versions of the franchises BEST iterations and watch the numbers blow up. Nobody wants to buy CoD clones when CoD does CoD better... you know what I mean? Devs need to know that individuality and staying true to their roots is what people want.... maybe some day devs outside Mario, Zelda, CoD, and Warriors will understand that... hell, even BF sold out... BF1 is awful.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Randoggy

@WitIsWisdom said:
@Randoggy said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

It won't.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. One can dream though.. I only want it to crash so they start making good games again. There is so much possibility out there these days, and all we get are half completed games and lies.

We need the MID TIER games back (the games that actually used to make devs money before everyone just bought clones). These days it's either over hyped AAA games, over hyped indies, or just shit indies. Gone is innovation, variety, and my all time favorite franchises.

All I want is a new SOCOM game on consoles that is actually worth a damn.. surely I can't be asking for too much. They wonder why each installment of games like that lose more and more sales each time. It isn't because there isn't a market, it's because people want GOOD games. If only the industry would stop trying to cater to the "general populous" and start making great games that target a certain group of people again. I mean.. look at the popularity of games like Souls. It got popular for sticking to it's roots and not giving in. Same with the Warriors series... and even CoD. Give us NEW versions of the franchises BEST iterations and watch the numbers blow up.

If everything went digital I believe we would see a rise in the mid tier games again.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Randoggy said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@Randoggy said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

It won't.

All I want is a new SOCOM game on consoles that is actually worth a damn.. surely I can't be asking for too much. They wonder why each installment of games like that lose more and more sales each time. It isn't because there isn't a market, it's because people want GOOD games. If only the industry would stop trying to cater to the "general populous" and start making great games that target a certain group of people again. I mean.. look at the popularity of games like Souls. It got popular for sticking to it's roots and not giving in. Same with the Warriors series... and even CoD. Give us NEW versions of the franchises BEST iterations and watch the numbers blow up.

If everything went digital I believe we would see a rise in the mid tier games again.

Once again.. unfortunately you're probably right. I don't really ever want to see that day, because I am a physical game collector, and I have shitty slow internet (best in the area though). I can support indie games for being digital only, but it is hard to support big devs. I know it might help quality... but at the same time it might not and it's delving into dangerous territory if the big three keep kicking out crap games... since they know they will sell anyways.

I got into a debate with a buddy while playing a game the other day, and the only thing I can think of as to why the quality of games is dropping is because.. well, perhaps they know if they keep shoveling out half assed games then the NEXT iteration will sell even better. If they release truly good games, then they might lose sales to those who decide to stay on the last game since it rocks... I don't know. Either that or the industry is just completely out of touch... or both.

I know I am getting older, but I know a good game when I play one (almost immediately), and that hasn't happened a whole lot this gen.

It's a double edged sword. I am a console player first and foremost, and I am a big fan of physical media. However, I would GLADLY pay $500+ for even a re-mastered digital SOCOM 1 or 2 or new game similar to those games. Hell I already did with H-Hour World's Elite kickstarter... I put $650 towards that game... That turned out.. wonderfully.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: @Randoggy: I think the both of you are over exaggerating how few good games there have been this gen. It really hasnt been that bad. It started slow but its picked up some speed since then.

And spending 500 dollars on a single game would be absolutely ridiculous. Even more so for a remaster.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Randoggy

@WitIsWisdom said:
@Randoggy said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@Randoggy said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

It won't.

Once again.. unfortunately you're probably right. I don't really ever want to see that day, because I am a physical game collector, and I have shitty slow internet (best in the area though). I can support indie games for being digital only, but it is hard to support big devs. I know it might help quality... but at the same time it might not and it's delving into dangerous territory if the big three keep kicking out crap games... since they know they will sell anyways.

I got into a debate with a buddy while playing a game the other day, and the only thing I can think of as to why the quality of games is dropping is because.. well, perhaps they know if they keep shoveling out half assed games then the NEXT iteration will sell even better. If they release truly good games, then they might lose sales to those who decide to stay on the last game since it rocks... I don't know. Either that or the industry is just completely out of touch... or both.

I know I am getting older, but I know a good game when I play one (almost immediately), and that hasn't happened a whole lot this gen.

It's a double edged sword. I am a console player first and foremost, and I am a big fan of physical media. However, I would GLADLY pay $500+ for even a re-mastered digital SOCOM 1 or 2 or new game similar to those games. Hell I already did with H-Hour World's Elite kickstarter... I put $650 towards that game... That turned out.. wonderfully.

Same here man. I love gaming on my PC but sometimes I just need to own the actual disc, console comes in quite handy for that. I just can't get on board with an all digital world. It's going to happen but I really don't want it to haha.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@drrollinstein said:

@WitIsWisdom: @Randoggy: I think the both of you are over exaggerating how few good games there have been this gen. It really hasnt been that bad. It started slow but its picked up some speed since then.

And spending 500 dollars on a single game would be absolutely ridiculous. Even more so for a remaster.

Opinions are great, and I respect yours. I don't know how old you are or what gen you started gaming in, but I simply disagree that's all. That's what makes the world turn though. I know hundreds of people that would spend a couple hundred bucks or more on a re-mastered SOCOM or a new SOCOM that didn't blow.

My favorite shooter franchise of all time is dormant (SOCOM)

My favorite turn based RPG is dormant (Breath of Fire) except some crap game they released on phones or something.. plus the two before that sucked as well.

My favorite dog fighting game has sucked in recent iterations/years and is dormant, Ace Combat

My favorite vehicular combat game Vigilante 8 is likely dead

I could keep going with a list like that for days.... However, I will make a few different points. My favorite genre is shooters... tactical shooters. I am a rusher (good on the sticks). The ONLY halfway tactical game on consoles this entire gen so far has been Rainbow 6 Siege, and I can't stand that game since it has WAY to much camping for my personal taste and not enough forward movement and gunplay.

My favorite game this entire generation is EASILY without a doubt Super Mario Maker. It is a great game.. however, it needs some tweaks. I love a great campaign, but I prefer a great online experience. The Show.. has been laggy online, NBA 2K same as the Show, Maddon.. meh.. same thing different year. Shooters? Lets see, we have CoD or BF. Played the hell out of BF since there is NOTHING else to play since I'm not into the whole robot shooting over the top thing.

Give me a LIST of these great games. I have been playing since the first gen and own nearly 3,000 games now. 7 Days to Die is pretty fun albeit buggy as hell. Lost my server and save state and day 185. I have rather enjoyed most of Tell Tales games though. Prominence Poker isn't bad... although badly rigged. I own over 130 games on PS4 alone, and that number (and all other games this gen aren't added to my numbers until the gen ends) and have only REALLY enjoyed about 12 of those games going down the list. Perhaps I am just too picky, but when I am only having a good experience with about 10% of my games something is wrong. Like I have alluded to several times before.... perhaps I am just getting older. Then again though, I love good games and will probably game until the day I die, so I doubt very seriously that is the case. The problem is that the mid tier is gone due to sky rocket high prices to make games these days. If you are a flavor of the moment gamer then all these overhyped AAA pieces of shit are right up your ally, but those of us who actually want great gameplay and not just pretty graphics? The choices are pretty slim.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Kojima is an hypocrite and idiot loved by many, what's new?