Knack or Ryse?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Knack or Ryse? (94 votes)

Knack 50%
Ryse 38%
Criminal Girls Invitation 12%

Since it seems the general consensus around SW is that Knack and Ryse are both the weakest launch titles of the two competing consoles, that not even some of the most hardcore fans of each system would bother playing... if you had to choose, which one would you rather play? Knack? Or Ryse?

Just bored and curious.

#51 Posted by TitanExtremer (66 posts) -

RYSE not even a single moments doubt, that game looks awesome.

Unfortunately i wouldn't be able to buy it since i would mean going back to Xbox one, which is not going to happen i am afraid.

#52 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

I'm getting Ryse but knack also looks like it could be a fun game.

#53 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Ryse looks like absolute trash and it's made by Craptek.

Knack looks like a mediocre, simplistic game but at the same time I could see my self enjoying it for what it is.

#54 Posted by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

Easilly Ryse, due to theme and era

Also would like to see Fable Legends and Crimson Dragon

None of the above is enough to make me get a xbox one, but these games are way more interesting to me than anything announced for PS4 (at least after Deep Down become some random generic online crap and was downgraded visually)

#55 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@Clock-w0rk said:

Knack looks like a mediocre, simplistic game but at the same time I could see my self enjoying it for what it is.

why does it look like trash please explain?

#56 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Knack. Need somehting to play with my kid. Could be a sleeper.

#57 Edited by Krelian-co (11240 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Clock-w0rk said:

i guess you have missed every single gameplay video they've shown. Also expecting good games from crytek is funny.

#58 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sukraj said:

@Clock-w0rk said:

i guess you have missed every single gameplay video they've shown.

I've seen most of the videos and I like what they have shown so far.

#59 Posted by YD_11 (1858 posts) -

I guess I don't know what people are seeing when they say "have you seen the gameplay videos of Ryse? It looks like crap." Every video I see of it looks good to me.

I did like the idea of knack at first until I say its demo. Running down a narrow street jumping and punching enemies looked awful.

End result is Ryse easily for me. Maybe i'd have gone with Knack.. if I was 8. but even then still probably not.

#60 Posted by Krelian-co (11240 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sukraj said:

@Clock-w0rk said:

i guess you have missed every single gameplay video they've shown.

I've seen most of the videos and I like what they have shown so far.

of course you do, you are a lem (and before you try to deny it remember you can check other people's forum posts)

the normal people disagree with you though.

#61 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

I wouldn't get either, but Knack would probably be more fun. It looks like it could be a decent platformer with simplistic combat. Ryse has pretty graphics but other than that it's trash. It's a shame since I like the setting.

#62 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12203 posts) -

Ryse is more interesting to me personally. It's the only game I'm interested in that I'll not be able to play.

#63 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Objectively, Ryse. Subjectively, Knack. I can't see why anybody would argue otherwise.

#64 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@multipass35 said:

@TruthArisen said:

@multipass35: Wonder Woman glances down at your crotch and snickers. "Tsk...you are no Superman."

Tsk, coming from someone claiming to be a wonder women yet your not in the kitchen?

Are you twelve years old or something?

#65 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Ryse for the intelligent people

Knack is more for the people who rode the short yellow bus to school.

#66 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2163 posts) -

Definitely Knack, Mark Cerny is a genius and I want to support him and thank him for the beautiful PS4 architecture.

#67 Posted by Thunder7151 (329 posts) -

Is this a joke thread?

Ryse looks 1000000000000000000000000000000 times better than Knack.

What's next? Big Rigs vs. Ryse?

Gimme a break!!

#68 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Knack looks like a fun challenging old school platformer made by a legend. Ryse looks like QTE trash.

#69 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Threads like this show how obviously fanboys some people are.

#70 Posted by TitanExtremer (66 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sukraj said:

@Clock-w0rk said:

i guess you have missed every single gameplay video they've shown. Also expecting good games from crytek is funny.

Ohh you mean the company that made the most sophisticated graphical games EVER?

The Company who´s technology every modern game developer hungers for?

You realize they are the pioneers of gaming tech and they made Crysis 1,2 & 3 and besides their gaming engine is being used in many many new and upcoming games including Battlefield 4.

#71 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@TitanExtremer said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sukraj said:

@Clock-w0rk said:

Ohh you mean the company that made the most sophisticated graphical games EVER?

The Company who´s technology every modern game developer hungers for?

You realize they are the pioneers of gaming tech and they made Crysis 1,2 & 3 and besides their gaming engine is being used in many many new and upcoming games including Battlefield 4.

Nobody is disputing that Crytek makes shiny graphics.

The problem is if the game sucks. And it looks like the game is going to suck.

#72 Posted by TitanExtremer (66 posts) -

Made by Crytek. Is one of the best quality stamps you can get in the gaming world.

I personally think RYSE looks absolutely brilliant, if i had gotten the XB1 i would certainly get it.

Knack is just a 3D platform game, i honestly cannot even believe the comparison.

#73 Edited by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@TitanExtremer said:

Made by Crytek. Is one of the best quality stamps you can get in the gaming world.

Given community reaction to Crysis 2 and 3, I find that's a contentious statement.

I'm also curious to hear exactly what it is anyone finds appealing about Ryse apart from the graphics.

#74 Edited by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

looking at ryse videos and going by cryteks history i would rather play a decent "this" gen game, so yeah i'll go with knack, ryse looks pretty but thats all it has going on for it, looks like a boring and terrible qte mess.

GOW was the same thing look great boring and terrible qte mess! Didn't stop you cows from buying it in droves! hahahahahahah

#75 Posted by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

Ryse.

#76 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Knack. Ryse looks like a giant piece of shit. Knack looks tolerable.

#77 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@lx_theo said:

It's an anonymous poll. I'm not sure why they would be afraid of clicking Ryse. Strange people.

#78 Posted by TitanExtremer (66 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

@TitanExtremer said:

Given community reaction to Crysis 2 and 3, I find that's a contentious statement.

I'm also curious to hear exactly what it is anyone finds appealing about Ryse apart from the graphics.

MetaCritic scores

Crysis 1 81/100 Battlefield 1942 86/100

Crysis 2 86/100 Battlefield 2 91/100

Crysis 3 76/100 Battlefield 3 84/100

Battlefield is considered the worlds most successful game series, compare it to Crysis. A game mostly single player centered, id say they have done a pretty good job on every single game.

Ryse is from my perspective interesting because of

1. Era, i find the whole ancient Rome era very fascinating.

2. Gameplay, what i have seen so far the single player looks like cinematic action game with a solid driven story.

3. Graphics. Yeah i admit i am a sucker for graphical performance. But since RYSE is not coming for the PC i would love to play it, just to see what they achieved on the XB1.

#79 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@TitanExtremer said:

@PannicAtack said:

@TitanExtremer said:

MetaCritic scores

Crysis 1 81/100 Battlefield 1942 86/100

Crysis 2 86/100 Battlefield 2 91/100

Crysis 3 76/100 Battlefield 3 84/100

Battlefield is considered the worlds most successful game series, compare it to Crysis. A game mostly single player centered, id say they have done a pretty good job on every single game.

Ryse is from my perspective interesting because of

1. Era, i find the whole ancient Rome era very fascinating.

2. Gameplay, what i have seen so far the single player looks like cinematic action game with a solid driven story.

3. Graphics. Yeah i admit i am a sucker for graphical performance. But since RYSE is not coming for the PC i would love to play it, just to see what they achieved on the XB1.

Crytek didn't make Battlefield. Not sure why you're bringing it up. It'd actually be pretty bad if Crytek made Battlefield 3, because that game's campaign was utter shit. And while we're on it, Battlefield is the considered the world's most successful game series? By whom? According to what margin? Sales? Critical acclaim? Playerbase?

But that's not important. Ryse...

The gameplay looks terrible. "Cinematic action game," yeah. By that we mean it's ridiculously linear and scripted, trudging through uninspired levels from point A to point B, engaging in combat that cuts to a quick-time event every time you want to kill an enemy, of which there are many and all of whom are roughly the same. That's actually a pretty good example of a design choice in a lot of modern games that's pretty bad. Actually, it brings to mind why Battlefield 3's campaign was as awful as it was: the entire game was on-rails, shuffling you past setpieces in order to impress, but they ultimately failed because the game was not engaging in any meaningful way.

Not seeing what seems promising about the story. Oh. There's a dude whose family was killed by barbarians, and now he wants revenge. And there are also pompous speeches about the glory of Rome and stuff. For all the game's promotion, it hasn't done a whole lot in terms of "giving me a reason to care."

Also, I specified "apart from graphics." And then you listed graphics.

#80 Posted by YD_11 (1858 posts) -

@PannicAtack "..trudging through uninspired levels..." hey your fan boy is showing. Btw, you don't have to follow the executions to kill and move on. They are there to earn more points and to look cool.

#81 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

I think PannicAttack still thinks the Ryse from E3 is the final build of the game.

#82 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

@PannicAtack "..trudging through uninspired levels..." hey your fan boy is showing. Btw, you don't have to follow the executions to kill and move on. They are there to earn more points and to look cool.

Fanboy of what, exactly? The only reason I'm not dumping on Knack is because I couldn't be bothered to look the damn thing up.

Also, I shouldn't need to explain why "you don't have to do it, it just benefits you more if you do" is a terrible argument.

#83 Posted by McSkombi (842 posts) -

Neither, both are looking pretty generic.

#84 Posted by Big_Pecks (5365 posts) -

LOL @ Ryse winning anything.

#85 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

@danabo said:

@lx_theo said:

It's an anonymous poll. I'm not sure why they would be afraid of clicking Ryse. Strange people.

Point proven.