Knack or Ryse?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) 5 months, 16 days ago

Knack or Ryse? (94 votes)

Knack 50%
Ryse 38%
Criminal Girls Invitation 12%

Since it seems the general consensus around SW is that Knack and Ryse are both the weakest launch titles of the two competing consoles, that not even some of the most hardcore fans of each system would bother playing... if you had to choose, which one would you rather play? Knack? Or Ryse?

Just bored and curious.

#1 Posted by Sweenix (5069 posts) -

Ryse will be better, although i prefer knack.

#2 Posted by Masculus (2709 posts) -

Ryse. It looks pretty.

#3 Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman crosses her arms.

"Only true gamers choose Knack."

#4 Edited by ELJUDEZ (7386 posts) -

Death.

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (44735 posts) -

The both look awful

#6 Posted by superclocked (5676 posts) -

Ryse looks better graphically, but I'm more interested in Knack. Knack looks to be the Kameo of this console generation...

#7 Edited by Gue1 (8067 posts) -

did you see today's stream of Ryse? Loool, what an embarrassment! Although the graphics were very good.

#8 Posted by blamix (82 posts) -

I'll rather get knack.. But i have no plan getting it.. 1st im geting is killzoneSF, then AC4

#9 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8260 posts) -

Both look terrible, but Ryse looks like it would be unbearable for me to play. I think I could tolerate Knack.

#10 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Did you guys watch Microsoft's live stream of Ryse?

The game is pretty. The gameplay is...not. Like, take the combat experience of Assassin's Creed...and build an entire game around it...and you have Ryse gameplay. With executions.

#11 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (856 posts) -

Neither. i would have preferred a next gen crash bandicoot with an amazing interactive environment, instead of knack.

And PGR5, instead of ryse Son of rome.

#12 Posted by Zophar87 (4323 posts) -

Knack. By far.

#13 Edited by superclocked (5676 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

The game is pretty. The gameplay is...not. Like, take the combat experience of Assassin's Creed...and build an entire game around it...and you have Ryse gameplay. With executions.

I would compare the combat to the Batman Arkham games. Ryse looks to have copied most aspects of it's combat system from those games..

People can watch a recording of the livestream HERE...

#14 Posted by nervmeister (15052 posts) -

Neither really. But if I had to choose in order to save my life, I'd say Knack. At least it's more unique.

#15 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

I would compare the combat to the Batman Arkham games. Ryse looks to have copied most aspects of it's combat system from those games..

People can watch a recording of the livestream HERE...

Batman or AC, neither game was made popular by its fighting system...and yet this game is built around a similarly mediocre combat system.

To me that's a problem. To me, that's a game with very little replayability. With respect to Crytek's efforts with randomly generating arenas and such. If you were hoping for the combat quality and variety of Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta/DmC/God of War...you will not find it here.

But it's the prettiest launch game on any system. Good for demonstrating "next gen graphics"...but not something I'd buy. I got bored just watching them play. That's never a good sign.

#16 Edited by Basinboy (10661 posts) -

Ryse is made by Crytek, who made Crysis 3 (and dared to sell it as a retail game).

Knack wins.

:P

#17 Posted by joel_c17 (2763 posts) -

@Masculus said:

Ryse. It looks pretty shitty.

I fixed that up for you :)

#18 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

Neither looks that hot, but there's no way I'm giving Crytek more money.

#19 Posted by zeeshanhaider (1944 posts) -

Damn, that's like asking which is better $hit or urine!

#20 Edited by silversix_ (12531 posts) -

Both games aren't even worth trying. Like i understand its next gen and good games are scarce on launch but im not gonna down my ass to the point of playing garbage like Ryse or games made for your little sister such as Knack. Just play BF4/KZ or whatever until something comes out and worth buying

#21 Posted by jer_1 (7243 posts) -

Since ryse looks like a steamy plate of poo, I guess knack takes the win!

#22 Posted by Evo_nine (1331 posts) -

knack lol youre kidding right.....

#23 Edited by ShadowDoubt (32 posts) -

I'm actually looking forward to Knack, at least the combat is strategic and the art style is vibrant. I'm all for new sony IPs, and they generally hit the mark of excellence.

It would probably be more fair to compare a RARE game, you know, if Microsoft didn't suffocate them.

P.S. Rare, Please go back to Nintendo, I miss you...

#24 Posted by BlackoutGunshot (337 posts) -

I played a bit of Knack. It should be pretty fun, score in the 7-8 range, and be an acceptable launch game.

Ryse looks facking stupid.

#25 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (4946 posts) -

Ive played Knack.

Ryse is an insult to its genre..

I'll go with Knack.

#26 Posted by Slashkice (12837 posts) -

Knack looks like a decent, if forgettable game. Ryse just looks awful.

Of course, I voted for Criminal Girls.

#27 Edited by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Knack looks like a fun game to play and I'll enjoy it on my 1080p HDTV. Ryse just looks shiny running in 720p with aweful gameplay.

Gameplay>Graphics

1080p>720p

#28 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Knack easily

#29 Edited by edidili (3418 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

Batman or AC, neither game was made popular by its fighting system.

Actually I love Batman's fighting system. The challenge is in trying to keep the combo going. They throw special enemies too that require different attacks to not ruin the combo. That is interesting.

AC is just boring and Ryse is hit A 3 times wait for QTE to appear and watch this "awesome" slow mo finisher everytime. Is not about engaging gameplay, is about how awesome these cinematic moves bullcrap look.

I'd rather they copied demon's soul for Ryse though but is Crytek. They've only done FPSs so what do they know about these type of gameplays.

As for Knack, that's pathetic too. No platforming and shallow combat.

#30 Posted by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

@TruthArisen: superman slaps Wonder Woman and demands she get back in the kitchen and finish my sandwich.

#31 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Ryse looks more fun than Knack, and that's saying a lot because Ryse doesn't really look fun.

#32 Edited by _Matt_ (8324 posts) -

How about neither?

If I had to choose, I guess Knack, since I will have a PS4 a lot sooner than an X1.

#33 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25033 posts) -

Ryse I guess. I think an exotic venereal disease would trump both though.

#34 Posted by CTR360 (6655 posts) -

RYSE

#35 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

They both look extremely lacklustre.

#36 Edited by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

@multipass35: Wonder Woman glances down at your crotch and snickers. "Tsk...you are no Superman."

#37 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28611 posts) -

Knack looks marginally better. I wouldn't particularly want to get either though.

#38 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

DR3

#39 Edited by Suppaman100 (2807 posts) -

Srs both games could turn out to be good games.

#40 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Ryse looks like the better game but I'd rather play Knack because I like platformers

#41 Posted by lamprey263 (20987 posts) -

It's sickening how many more people wanna play Knack, I mean I can completely understand not wanting to play Ryse or wanting a PS4 over an X1 but Knack over Ryse? Is there some new drug I don't know about?

#42 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

It's sickening how many more people wanna play Knack, I mean I can completely understand not wanting to play Ryse or wanting a PS4 over an X1 but Knack over Ryse? Is there some new drug I don't know about?

It's called the common sense drug, you should try it

#43 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2526 posts) -

Not sure. Maybe Ryse.

#44 Edited by the330and419 (215 posts) -

Both of these games will be in the 10 dollar bin at Kmart by March.

#45 Posted by Heil68 (40381 posts) -

Knack for me. Ryse looks beyond boring, uninspired and drab.

#46 Posted by m_machine024 (14697 posts) -

Never heard of Criminal Girls but I vote for that. Can't be worse than the other 2. :P

#47 Posted by Senor_Kami (8074 posts) -

Ryse. It will probably be a mediocre quality character action game but I like that genre more than Knack's and Knack doesn't look like it's going to be good, let alone exceptional enough to overcome my genre preferences.

#48 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

It's called the blind fanboy drug. It's a very popular among cows

#49 Posted by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

@multipass35: Wonder Woman glances down at your crotch and snickers. "Tsk...you are no Superman."

Tsk, coming from someone claiming to be a wonder women yet your not in the kitchen?

#50 Posted by Krelian-co (9067 posts) -

looking at ryse videos and going by cryteks history i would rather play a decent "this" gen game, so yeah i'll go with knack, ryse looks pretty but thats all it has going on for it, looks like a boring and terrible qte mess.