Kirby 3ds is awesome. best handheld platformer this year

#1 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22623 posts) -

Kirby tends to get overlooked amongst nintendo's other platformers but Triple Deluxe is fun as hell. Sure it's easy and short but there's alot of replayability in beating the other game modes and combing the levels for secrets.

Also the true arena is hard as balls

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (43513 posts) -

Blog it, sheep.

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (61596 posts) -

So I hear. It looks nice too, but still, I will not buy it on principle, because lolKirby.

#4 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9505 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Blog it, sheep.

#5 Posted by Heirren (18937 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

So I hear. It looks nice too, but still, I will not buy it on principle, because lolKirby.

Yeah never was a fan, or just always found the character rather bland. However, I do think that the title of this game is one of the best titles in a really long while. TRIPLE......DELUXE.

#6 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22623 posts) -

Also this is probably the best retail handheld platformer this year.

There I made it system wars related

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (43513 posts) -
@Shinobishyguy said:

Also this is probably the best retail handheld game this year.

There I made it system wars related

Edit the OP and put it in the topic title, otherwise I'm gonna lock this thread.

#8 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22623 posts) -

Also inb4 blab

#9 Edited by freedomfreak (43513 posts) -

Thank you for cooperating, TC.

I will cease locking protocol measures.

#10 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19282 posts) -

That's the thing about Nintendo games. They are really well designed, but incredibly easy. That's why I really don't think too highly of the 3ds.

#11 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22623 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: contrary to popular belief a game doesn't have to be hard in order to be good

#12 Posted by darkspineslayer (20435 posts) -

Amazing game. Idiots ignoring Kirby for being Kirby are missing out.

#13 Posted by inb4uall (6515 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

lolchaztaste.

#14 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: Actually if you are playing this game you're missing out, cause you could be playing something better.

#15 Posted by darkspineslayer (20435 posts) -

@amazonangry: Stay salty. I would be too if I were stuck with trash like Dragon's Crown.

#16 Edited by inb4uall (6515 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@darkspineslayer: Actually if you are playing this game you're missing out, cause you could be playing something better.

lol Look at the under 500 alt troll.

#17 Posted by locopatho (21009 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

it's easy and short

Like every Kirby game. I do enjoy them but they'll never be more than "Good" to me, unless they have more content and/or challenge. I actually think I use them as a "palate cleanser" kind of game, between bigger and better games.

They just don't compare well to Mario or Donkey Kong.

#18 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: dragons crown has a , higher Metacritic score than kirby td. :-\

#19 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34321 posts) -

I enjoyed return to Dreamland on the Wii, so I will get Triple Deluxe sometime down the road.

#20 Edited by ConanTheStoner (7556 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Blog it, sheep.

Look at this butthurt lem-bot.

Kirby > Gaylo.

Your move.

#21 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22623 posts) -

@locopatho: except triple deluxe does have alot of content. Going through the main game is short but theres game modes that unlock afterwards that give it alot of replay value

#22 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (6244 posts) -

True Arena has always been hard as balls.

#23 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3805 posts) -

Got Kirby's Dream Collection for Wii. Some really great games, especially Kirby's Adventure. I need to get more Kirby games.

#24 Posted by Blabadon (28466 posts) -

Whoops, forgot to hit respond earlier.

Anyways, as I wrote, GT's review of it made out look pretty good, so I'll definitely get it down the line.

To make it more System Wars like, no 3DS game, let alone platformer, comes close to Tearaway, ironically not even from the house of platformers behind it.

#25 Posted by jake44 (2056 posts) -

I'll check it out when the price drops. I love Kirby games but hate how they are always so short.

#26 Posted by Comduter (2254 posts) -

I'm loving it so far. What other game out there gives you the ability to inhale and swallow an entire train?

#28 Posted by lamprey263 (25585 posts) -

I might get it later, I just got Mario Golf.

#29 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18502 posts) -

Gamers don't don't usually care about games with Large Skill Gaps (Easy to learn... Impossible to Master) and generally aren't fans of Short games.

I wana try it though.

#30 Posted by cainetao11 (19536 posts) -

I wish I cared about Kirby. I know, then why did I reply? Slow day?

#31 Edited by Litchie (16662 posts) -

Yeah it looks great. I'm still uncertain if I should get it, though. Kirby games sure are easy..

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18502 posts) -

@cainetao11

I think you're surpressing Latent Kirbysexual feelings and every now and then it escapes in the form of random posts...... You gotta come out the closet... I won't judge you... ;)

@Litchie

I haven't played Kirby but games have evolved....

Back in the day there was barely a difference between beating a game and mastering it because the skill floor (learning enough to play effectively) was extremely high. Now we have lower skill floors but the skilling ceiling (mastering) is still at the same level its always been the difference between the two is the Skill Gap. This is the difference between Easy and Accessable.

The reason people think they've gotten easier is because the are far more interested in the destination than in the Journey, so they plan their route accordingly, avoiding any other feature of a game regardless of whether its fun/challenging or not. Gaming is a Process... Not a result. This is why Multiplayer Focused games like Titanfall and Super Smash Brothers continued to be played, people think its Repetitive.... And it is... But its not the bad kinda of repetition... Afterall, repetition is how humans learn and understand.

#33 Edited by locopatho (21009 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

@locopatho: except triple deluxe does have alot of content. Going through the main game is short but theres game modes that unlock afterwards that give it alot of replay value

Eh. I dunno. They sound a bit "fluffy". I'm sure it's good but I think Mario and Donkey Kong are Nintendo's awesome platformers, with Kirby, Yoshi and Wario trailing a good bit behind.

#34 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22623 posts) -

@locopatho: I never said kirby was better than mario or DK, I just said that it tends to be overlooked.

#35 Edited by Chozofication (3989 posts) -

Apparently they want to make a 3D kirby game next, I would like to see that.

#36 Edited by cainetao11 (19536 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

LOL OH Kirbry!!! Our love is finally free!!!!!!!

#37 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18502 posts) -

@cainetao11

LOL ! You're funny and Scary.... I don't know whether to laugh or shriek away in fear.

#38 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17518 posts) -

It's been so long since I bought a Kirby game. I want to buy this, just not for full price.

Is there another handheld platformer this year ?

There is the Sly collection on Vita but that's a re-release.

#39 Posted by jdc6305 (4024 posts) -

I played my first kirby on the NES and I hated it. I couldn't get past the fact he was pink. It was my sisters game. I got triple deluxe and I think it's fun as hell. I've been missing out all these years I gotta go back and get more kirby games.

#40 Edited by cainetao11 (19536 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

#41 Edited by Blabadon (28466 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: I'm trying to wonder if there's any other handheld platformer indeed.

If we count The Swapper than LOLKIRBY because The Swapper is fantastic.

#42 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17518 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@R4gn4r0k: I'm trying to wonder if there's any other handheld platformer indeed.

If we count The Swapper than LOLKIRBY because The Swapper is fantastic.

The Swapper is coming to Vita ?

Vita is getting so much indie love. If only Sony would give the Vita even half that love...

#43 Posted by Blabadon (28466 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, I'm tempted to rebuy it and Fez for it down the line because they're both awesome.

Knowing PS+ sales, I probably will somehow.

#44 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17518 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, I'm tempted to rebuy it and Fez for it down the line because they're both awesome.

Knowing PS+ sales, I probably will somehow.

I've rebought some games on Vita that I already had on PC. Most of those were on sale on both systems so it's not like I spend more than the original price and I got two versions :p

Still have to play Fez and the Swapper on PC though, I'll have to try them out first before considering a portable version.

I was considering buying Child of Light on PC, but then they announced the Vita version. Colorful games and OLED go hand in hand ... hmmm

#45 Edited by Blabadon (28466 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: PLAY THE SWAPPER

#46 Posted by locopatho (21009 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

@locopatho: I never said kirby was better than mario or DK, I just said that it tends to be overlooked.

Yup fair enough, I was just saying I think there's a reason for that. Will play it one day though :3

#47 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17518 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@R4gn4r0k: PLAY THE SWAPPER

I was going to play it when I bought it in the Humble Bundle some 4 months ago... and I still haven't :(

#48 Edited by xh117 (84 posts) -

I'd get it for $20 but I never see nintendo games going down that low in price, when does nintendo ever put sales on their games? Even old DS games are still like $40 where I live.

#49 Edited by jg4xchamp (50360 posts) -

Truly the highest of honors.

Being the best handheld platformer this year.