Kinect Not Working on IGN Xbone Impressions

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Man. Kinect failed hard. Didn't hardly recognize a thing. And no way to check how much hard drive space you have? How wack is that? PS4, baby.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

EWWW Ryse looks like shit.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Another cow alt,cool

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Man. Kinect failed hard. Didn't hardly recognize a thing. And no way to check how much hard drive space you have? How wack is that? PS4, baby.

Loading Video...

From the videos I have seen Kinect works great. I guess you must not speak good English.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Hey Battlefieldfan1

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

It only works if you're signed in and holding the controller apparently, which he isn't.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@xhawk27: 3:20

That sounds like english to me.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

It only works if you're signed in and holding the controller apparently, which he isn't.

QFT and to the TC

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

People have been giving demos of the Kinect and the UI obviously without being taught how to interact with it.

It's not Siri or Google Now, you can't just "chat it up" and expect it to do what you ask.

There are plenty of vids out there of it working flawlessly.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

PS4 issues > X1 issues

JoPython52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JoPython52
Member since 2013 • 119 Posts

Wow...completely underwhelmed. MS, you are not getting my $500...no way.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@xboxdone74: The current Kinect recognizes my commands overall very well, I'm not worried at all about the voice commands on the Kinect 2 considering how it is an improved device over the first one. There is a lengthy calibration you have to go through at first with your voice, so if that is not done properly, then the Kinect will not work very well when you try to use the commands. Who knows what IGN did before filming this video.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

sweet jesus dat Ryse gameplay blows

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@xhawk27: 3:20

That sounds like english to me.

Other people were making noise and second someone was using the hand gesture on the dashboard.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SonofK

@killzowned24 said:

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@xboxdone74: From what I've seen what you say must be clearly stated. And what you say must be a Kinect phrase said exactly

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killzowned24

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Haha nothing worked! Wow! Microsoft has created a really cumbersome solution to a problem that never existed.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SonofK

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killzowned24

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

How do you know its going to work? PS4 has an ARM CPU and 2 GB of GDDR3 just for it, what does xbone have?

Twitch works very well.And if you think PS4 voice is barely functional you're saying the same for xbone since they are both the same according to DF.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SonofK

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

How do you know its going to work? PS4 has an ARM CPU and 2 GB of GDDR3 just for it, what does xbone have?

Twitch works very well.And if you think PS4 voice is barely functional you're saying the same for xbone since they are both the same according to DF.

Twitch on the PS4 works like shit, if you want to delude yourself into thinking otherwise than thats fine but there's a reason why most people streaming PS4 prefer to use their capture devices.

There are literally dozens of instances of the Kinect working flawlessly so you have no leg to stand on, the PS4's voice commands were shoe horned in and work like shit, last week when Gamespot was fiddling with they were barely functional.

Seriously you can't be this retarded. I already own a PS4 and I'll probably be getting the XB1 this week, meanwhile you'll have your head stuck in Sony's ass and will fail to look at things objectively.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killzowned24

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

Twitch on the PS4 works like shit, if you want to delude yourself into thinking otherwise than thats fine but there's a reason why most people streaming PS4 prefer to use their capture devices.

There are literally dozens of instances of the Kinect working flawlessly so you have no leg to stand on, the PS4's voice commands were shoe horned in and work like shit, even on Gamespots twitch stream they were terrible

Seriously you can't be this retarded

BS from a hurt lem. Go cry in a corner

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SonofK

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

There are literally dozens of instances of the Kinect working flawlessly so you have no leg to stand on, the PS4's voice commands were shoe horned in and work like shit, even on Gamespots twitch stream they were terrible

Seriously you can't be this retarded

BS from a hurt lem. Go cry in a corner

Typical cow response, lack any intelligent retort, scream BS and use internet lingo.

Have fun deep throating Sony, maybe if you're nice they can shoe horn a piss poor Skype knock off, afterall Sony excels in copying and making poor imitations.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

just nothing worked lol

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

dude in video clearly says it don't work because he's not signed in

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

WOW what a piece of shit.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@SinjinSmythe said:

PS4 issues > X1 issues

You're right. It is MUCH better to have a PS4 with issues than to have an XBone full stop. Cheers for getting it right.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

PS4 issues > X1 issues

You're right. It is MUCH better to have a PS4 with issues than to have an XBone full stop. Cheers for getting it right.

I was being sympathetic during these difficult times. I think Sony should make a hotline for counseling customers through this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I wont use Kinect(lol) voice functions anyways.

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts

Unfair, they just need to learn how to talk to Kinect.

For example, you can't just say "Redbox" and get Redbox running, you need to say "Xbox, go to Redbox Instant By Verizon", so simple and intuitive!

Looking forward to launching Halo 5 by saying "Xbox, go to Halo 5, brought to you by Doritos in association with Mountain Dew".

The future is here people, embrace it!

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

They switched to the signed in user.. still didn't work man lol

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@navyguy21 said:

I watched the same video you did. The only time it DIDNT work for the signed in guy holding the controller was when they were trying to grab the screen. That idiot yelling at Kinect wasnt holding the controller or signed in. And even if it had failed COMPLETELY in the video, they gave glowing reviews of the voice commands and interface.............so you are STILL wrong. He said it works great at home.

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@navyguy21 said:

I watched the same video you did. The only time it DIDNT work for the signed in guy holding the controller was when they were trying to grab the screen. That idiot yelling at Kinect wasnt holding the controller or signed in. And even if it had failed COMPLETELY in the video, they gave glowing reviews of the voice commands and interface.............so you are STILL wrong. He said it works great at home.

That's all fair play. Though as a gaming device, it's motion controls proved problematic for operating the system. If it has issues with the system, how will kinect powered games be? I have some fairly decent memories with Kinect Sports and the girlfriend; though it lacked the character and playability of Wii Sports. And while it was a decent technical showcase, it highlighted all Kinects greatest weaknesses as a means of playing games.

To compliment it's voice recognition capabilities is a rather moot point. It doesn't specifically praise the hardware, but rather it's software. Why not just control the OS through a microphone? Why is it only possible with the rather expensive kinect?

Facial recognition etc. is also a fairly sweet selling point, though is also replicated on the significantly cheaper PS eye, and the trillions of shitty phone cameras out there.

People say how amazing the XBOne experience is, though most of the praise is primarily due to the use of Kinect, which really boils down to voice commands and Operating system software. Can people not see an issue here?

If gaming with Kinect ends up how I suspect (minimal movement, primarily voice input) then Microsoft diddled a lot of people with the high price point, when they could have produced a cheaper camera/mic that handles these tasks with ease.

I know it's all about the possibilities, but what if these possibilities are never actually realised? I felt stung after purchasing the original kinect (and trading literally half my 360 library at the time for it); particularly given the steep price point, large input delay and somewhat ridiculous lack of supporting software of reasonable quality.

I wish Microsoft all the luck with developing Kinect into something more; and I look forward to the day it genuinely wows me, and makes me eat my own words. Though I don't see this day being any time soon, and with it's current direction, I'm left underwhelmed.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

This shows Kinect working pretty good. The biggest thing I notice is this knows the commands, unlike that IGN guy.

http://vimeo.com/79823117

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

after I watched that video of theirs about how to use skype on the xbone I have lost all respect for IGN as a site. Those guys over their have no credibility anymore as far as i'm concerned. Talk about embarassing and unprofessional.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@SinjinSmythe said:

PS4 issues > X1 issues

fact of life

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Another cow alt,cool

Exactly. Cows should worry about their own systems with thousands of PS4 broken and not working at all. They have a nerve to worry about 1 Kinect now working when they have thousands of PS4 not working with about 8 different problems. lol!! Stupid cows.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

What's the point of these stupid alts? Why can't you post these things on your original account?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I wont use Kinect(lol) voice functions anyways.

Me neither

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Another cow alt,cool

Exactly. Cows should worry about their own systems with thousands of PS4 broken and not working at all. They have a nerve to worry about 1 Kinect now working when they have thousands of PS4 not working with about 8 different problems. lol!! Stupid cows.

Well I'm sure you'll patrol the xbox support forums looking for problems too? :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

So if you're signed in and holding the controller your idiot friends can walk behind you and shout kinect go home?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I love how even when Xbox One is crap in a lot of ways, Cows have to keep lying and making shit up.

Kinect works perfectly on it. I don't want or need Kinect, but the tech WORKS.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

People have been giving demos of the Kinect and the UI obviously without being taught how to interact with it.

It's not Siri or Google Now, you can't just "chat it up" and expect it to do what you ask.

There are plenty of vids out there of it working flawlessly.

Yeah, its not perfect at launch but its working really well for the people who know the correct commands.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Not working as advertised? Color me suprised.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

@jopython52 said:

Wow...completely underwhelmed. MS, you are not getting my $500...no way.

oh yeah this is what put the nail in the coffin for you.... rofl

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Damn Ryse nearly looks as bad as Knack does but at least Ryse has a cool setting

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Heil68

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Damn Ryse nearly looks as bad as Knack does but at least Ryse has a cool setting

I'm playing Knack this weekend! :D