Kinect Not Working on IGN Xbone Impressions

  • 50 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Man. Kinect failed hard. Didn't hardly recognize a thing. And no way to check how much hard drive space you have? How wack is that? PS4, baby.

Loading Video...

#2 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

EWWW Ryse looks like shit.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (32045 posts) -

Another cow alt,cool

#4 Edited by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Man. Kinect failed hard. Didn't hardly recognize a thing. And no way to check how much hard drive space you have? How wack is that? PS4, baby.

Loading Video...

From the videos I have seen Kinect works great. I guess you must not speak good English.

#5 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

Hey Battlefieldfan1

#6 Posted by bobbetybob (19307 posts) -

It only works if you're signed in and holding the controller apparently, which he isn't.

#7 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@xhawk27: 3:20

That sounds like english to me.

#8 Edited by EnviousEyezOnMe (262 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

It only works if you're signed in and holding the controller apparently, which he isn't.

QFT and to the TC

#9 Edited by Spartan070 (16383 posts) -

People have been giving demos of the Kinect and the UI obviously without being taught how to interact with it.

It's not Siri or Google Now, you can't just "chat it up" and expect it to do what you ask.

There are plenty of vids out there of it working flawlessly.

#10 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

PS4 issues > X1 issues

#11 Edited by JoPython52 (30 posts) -

Wow...completely underwhelmed. MS, you are not getting my $500...no way.

#12 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3678 posts) -

@xboxdone74: The current Kinect recognizes my commands overall very well, I'm not worried at all about the voice commands on the Kinect 2 considering how it is an improved device over the first one. There is a lengthy calibration you have to go through at first with your voice, so if that is not done properly, then the Kinect will not work very well when you try to use the commands. Who knows what IGN did before filming this video.

#13 Posted by silversix_ (16604 posts) -

sweet jesus dat Ryse gameplay blows

#14 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@xhawk27: 3:20

That sounds like english to me.

Other people were making noise and second someone was using the hand gesture on the dashboard.

#15 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

#16 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

#17 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10926 posts) -

@xboxdone74: From what I've seen what you say must be clearly stated. And what you say must be a Kinect phrase said exactly

#18 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

#19 Posted by Sushiglutton (5616 posts) -

Haha nothing worked! Wow! Microsoft has created a really cumbersome solution to a problem that never existed.

#20 Edited by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

#21 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

How do you know its going to work? PS4 has an ARM CPU and 2 GB of GDDR3 just for it, what does xbone have?

Twitch works very well.And if you think PS4 voice is barely functional you're saying the same for xbone since they are both the same according to DF.

#22 Edited by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

How do you know its going to work? PS4 has an ARM CPU and 2 GB of GDDR3 just for it, what does xbone have?

Twitch works very well.And if you think PS4 voice is barely functional you're saying the same for xbone since they are both the same according to DF.

Twitch on the PS4 works like shit, if you want to delude yourself into thinking otherwise than thats fine but there's a reason why most people streaming PS4 prefer to use their capture devices.

There are literally dozens of instances of the Kinect working flawlessly so you have no leg to stand on, the PS4's voice commands were shoe horned in and work like shit, last week when Gamespot was fiddling with they were barely functional.

Seriously you can't be this retarded. I already own a PS4 and I'll probably be getting the XB1 this week, meanwhile you'll have your head stuck in Sony's ass and will fail to look at things objectively.

#23 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

How do you know its going to work? PS4 has an ARM CPU and 2 GB of GDDR3 just for it, what does xbone have?

Twitch works very well.And if you think PS4 voice is barely functional you're saying the same for xbone since they are both the same according to DF.

Twitch on the PS4 works like shit, if you want to delude yourself into thinking otherwise than thats fine but there's a reason why most people streaming PS4 prefer to use their capture devices.

There are literally dozens of instances of the Kinect working flawlessly so you have no leg to stand on, the PS4's voice commands were shoe horned in and work like shit, even on Gamespots twitch stream they were terrible

Seriously you can't be this retarded

BS from a hurt lem. Go cry in a corner

#24 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

@SonofK said:

@killzowned24 said:

xbone is such a pos and most the crap doesn't even work. haha

At least it's not as bad as the PS4's Twitch app /hurl

Gonna have to do better than that lems,cuz you don't even have the feature to stream games lol.

That's ok, I'd rather wait for something that going to work well rather than get something that was shoehorned in and works like shit, like the PS4's Twitch App and barely functional voice commands.

How do you know its going to work? PS4 has an ARM CPU and 2 GB of GDDR3 just for it, what does xbone have?

Twitch works very well.And if you think PS4 voice is barely functional you're saying the same for xbone since they are both the same according to DF.

Twitch on the PS4 works like shit, if you want to delude yourself into thinking otherwise than thats fine but there's a reason why most people streaming PS4 prefer to use their capture devices.

There are literally dozens of instances of the Kinect working flawlessly so you have no leg to stand on, the PS4's voice commands were shoe horned in and work like shit, even on Gamespots twitch stream they were terrible

Seriously you can't be this retarded

BS from a hurt lem. Go cry in a corner

Typical cow response, lack any intelligent retort, scream BS and use internet lingo.

Have fun deep throating Sony, maybe if you're nice they can shoe horn a piss poor Skype knock off, afterall Sony excels in copying and making poor imitations.

#25 Posted by lglz1337 (4444 posts) -

just nothing worked lol

#26 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

dude in video clearly says it don't work because he's not signed in

#27 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5996 posts) -

WOW what a piece of shit.

#28 Edited by navyguy21 (13113 posts) -

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

#29 Edited by Shewgenja (11574 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

PS4 issues > X1 issues

You're right. It is MUCH better to have a PS4 with issues than to have an XBone full stop. Cheers for getting it right.

#30 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

PS4 issues > X1 issues

You're right. It is MUCH better to have a PS4 with issues than to have an XBone full stop. Cheers for getting it right.

I was being sympathetic during these difficult times. I think Sony should make a hotline for counseling customers through this.

#31 Posted by Heil68 (48394 posts) -

I wont use Kinect(lol) voice functions anyways.

#32 Edited by JamDev (989 posts) -

Unfair, they just need to learn how to talk to Kinect.

For example, you can't just say "Redbox" and get Redbox running, you need to say "Xbox, go to Redbox Instant By Verizon", so simple and intuitive!

Looking forward to launching Halo 5 by saying "Xbox, go to Halo 5, brought to you by Doritos in association with Mountain Dew".

The future is here people, embrace it!

#34 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5996 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

They switched to the signed in user.. still didn't work man lol

#35 Edited by navyguy21 (13113 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@navyguy21 said:

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

They switched to the signed in user.. still didn't work man lol

I watched the same video you did. The only time it DIDNT work for the signed in guy holding the controller was when they were trying to grab the screen. That idiot yelling at Kinect wasnt holding the controller or signed in. And even if it had failed COMPLETELY in the video, they gave glowing reviews of the voice commands and interface.............so you are STILL wrong. He said it works great at home.

#36 Edited by oddballrulez (1642 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@navyguy21 said:

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

They switched to the signed in user.. still didn't work man lol

I watched the same video you did. The only time it DIDNT work for the signed in guy holding the controller was when they were trying to grab the screen. That idiot yelling at Kinect wasnt holding the controller or signed in. And even if it had failed COMPLETELY in the video, they gave glowing reviews of the voice commands and interface.............so you are STILL wrong. He said it works great at home.

That's all fair play. Though as a gaming device, it's motion controls proved problematic for operating the system. If it has issues with the system, how will kinect powered games be? I have some fairly decent memories with Kinect Sports and the girlfriend; though it lacked the character and playability of Wii Sports. And while it was a decent technical showcase, it highlighted all Kinects greatest weaknesses as a means of playing games.

To compliment it's voice recognition capabilities is a rather moot point. It doesn't specifically praise the hardware, but rather it's software. Why not just control the OS through a microphone? Why is it only possible with the rather expensive kinect?

Facial recognition etc. is also a fairly sweet selling point, though is also replicated on the significantly cheaper PS eye, and the trillions of shitty phone cameras out there.

People say how amazing the XBOne experience is, though most of the praise is primarily due to the use of Kinect, which really boils down to voice commands and Operating system software. Can people not see an issue here?

If gaming with Kinect ends up how I suspect (minimal movement, primarily voice input) then Microsoft diddled a lot of people with the high price point, when they could have produced a cheaper camera/mic that handles these tasks with ease.

I know it's all about the possibilities, but what if these possibilities are never actually realised? I felt stung after purchasing the original kinect (and trading literally half my 360 library at the time for it); particularly given the steep price point, large input delay and somewhat ridiculous lack of supporting software of reasonable quality.

I wish Microsoft all the luck with developing Kinect into something more; and I look forward to the day it genuinely wows me, and makes me eat my own words. Though I don't see this day being any time soon, and with it's current direction, I'm left underwhelmed.

#37 Edited by GravityX (865 posts) -

This shows Kinect working pretty good. The biggest thing I notice is this knows the commands, unlike that IGN guy.

http://vimeo.com/79823117

#38 Posted by NFJSupreme (5497 posts) -

after I watched that video of theirs about how to use skype on the xbone I have lost all respect for IGN as a site. Those guys over their have no credibility anymore as far as i'm concerned. Talk about embarassing and unprofessional.

#39 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

PS4 issues > X1 issues

fact of life

#40 Posted by blackace (21580 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Another cow alt,cool

Exactly. Cows should worry about their own systems with thousands of PS4 broken and not working at all. They have a nerve to worry about 1 Kinect now working when they have thousands of PS4 not working with about 8 different problems. lol!! Stupid cows.

#41 Posted by airshocker (31237 posts) -

What's the point of these stupid alts? Why can't you post these things on your original account?

#42 Posted by sukraj (24202 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I wont use Kinect(lol) voice functions anyways.

Me neither

#43 Posted by Heil68 (48394 posts) -

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Another cow alt,cool

Exactly. Cows should worry about their own systems with thousands of PS4 broken and not working at all. They have a nerve to worry about 1 Kinect now working when they have thousands of PS4 not working with about 8 different problems. lol!! Stupid cows.

Well I'm sure you'll patrol the xbox support forums looking for problems too? :P

#44 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152955 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

TC you are ignoring the truth. If you arent signed in or holding the controller, Kinect will not respond to you. That is so your idiot friends cant walk behind you and shout "kinect go home" in the middle of your game to be a douche. You guys would complain if they DIDNT have that features.

I also really like that Kinect can be linked to your TV to turn it on with voice as well. Really cool.

So if you're signed in and holding the controller your idiot friends can walk behind you and shout kinect go home?

#45 Posted by locopatho (21343 posts) -

I love how even when Xbox One is crap in a lot of ways, Cows have to keep lying and making shit up.

Kinect works perfectly on it. I don't want or need Kinect, but the tech WORKS.

#46 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

People have been giving demos of the Kinect and the UI obviously without being taught how to interact with it.

It's not Siri or Google Now, you can't just "chat it up" and expect it to do what you ask.

There are plenty of vids out there of it working flawlessly.

Yeah, its not perfect at launch but its working really well for the people who know the correct commands.

#47 Edited by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

Not working as advertised? Color me suprised.

#48 Posted by urbansys (234 posts) -

@jopython52 said:

Wow...completely underwhelmed. MS, you are not getting my $500...no way.

oh yeah this is what put the nail in the coffin for you.... rofl

#49 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

Damn Ryse nearly looks as bad as Knack does but at least Ryse has a cool setting

#50 Edited by Heil68 (48394 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Damn Ryse nearly looks as bad as Knack does but at least Ryse has a cool setting

I'm playing Knack this weekend! :D