Killzone won't have split screen or a co-op campaign.

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -
#2 Edited by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

confirmed hun? bahahaha ok. You win.

#3 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Co-op will come later.

#4 Edited by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -
#5 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

Co-op is coming later and by golly that 's ok. It will give me time to beat the SP multiple times. What a thrill ride it will be. :D

#6 Posted by RR360DD (11611 posts) -

LOL so what exactly do you get with this game?

A 10 hour sub-par campaign and some p2p multiplayer that will get boring within a week.

#7 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

A 10 hour sub-par campaign and some p2p multiplayer that will get boring within a week.

Hmm... single player looks great. Multiplayer will be the best by far. I spend almost 2000 hours on KZ2 and hope its the same for SF. If you get the best launch game make sure to challenge my clan, we 8-0 u no problem lol as for co op its dlc.

#8 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Far_RockNYC: dat damage control. I see you're putting in overtime to make people forget about Xbox 720p.

KZ devs already confirmed 4 player online co-op is coming later, you fail.

#9 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Cows paying 60 dollars for the garbage is so pathetically sad. Killzone. Killzone? Seriously? It has p2p networking and proxy servers. For shame.

#10 Edited by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Co-op is coming later and by golly that 's ok. It will give me time to beat the SP multiple times. What a thrill ride it will be. :D

So basically the game is in an unfinished state. lol

#11 Posted by bobbetybob (19180 posts) -

Don't worry, you get to pay extra for the co-op mode at a later date. Thanks Guerilla!

#12 Posted by RR360DD (11611 posts) -

@Far_RockNYC: dat damage control. I see you're putting in overtime to make people forget about Xbox 720p.

KZ devs already confirmed 4 player online co-op is coming later, you fail.

LOL rushed game comfirmed.

They shoud've delayed rushzone along with delayclub.

#13 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

I doubt the game is even 10 hours. Developers always overestimate and pad the timing. More like 6 hours. I recommend renting the game at redbox for 2 dollars.

#14 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I don't think cows have friends to play with anyways.

#15 Edited by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

On the other hand, with the Xbone you get games that you already got bored with from just watching the trailers and couple of game play videos.

#16 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

Co-op is coming and I do NOT want split screen. No thanks

TLHBO.

720P

#17 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

I just feel like cows are trying to get people excited for this game with they themselves are not really excited. Its all just fake enthusiasm to drum up support for PS4 games. Same with Driveclub. Nobody is gonna pay for this game.

#18 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@jimmypsn said:

I just feel like cows are trying to get people excited for this game with they themselves are not really excited. Its all just fake enthusiasm to drum up support for PS4 games. Same with Driveclub. Nobody is gonna pay for this game.

Couldn't agree more. After playing Killzone 2 (didn't play 1 or 3 so maybe they were better) I just couldn't believe the low standards of cows when it comes to FPS games. The Playstation is great for a lot of genres but FPS isn't one of them

#19 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Well that's kinda lame they're not including the coop with the game, but so long as they don't charge for the DLC i'll pick it up. The game looks really decent though, I'm hoping for some replay value because I swear it gives me that "goldeneye" feeling when I watch videos of it, hope I'm right about that!

#20 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12193 posts) -

Co-op? Coming later, but don't care. Splitscreen? Don't care.

Next.

#21 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -

Could've sworn I read somewhere that the game will have dedicated servers..

#22 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Co-op? Coming later, but don't care. Splitscreen? Don't care.

Next.

When you have a PS4 bundle that contains Killzone + 2 controllers you kinda expect it to have splitscreen. It's a complete slap in the face to anyone who buys it.

#23 Edited by NFJSupreme (5152 posts) -

Cows gonna spin this as some how good but this is a sad joke. 60 bucks for an unfinished game. I'm sure the lems are jealous lol

#24 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Lems seem more angry than usual today, I wonder why *cough*720p*cough*

#25 Posted by cainetao11 (16895 posts) -

Does KZ ever have split screen co op? I still enjoy them. Mercenary is awesome

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (39185 posts) -

Does KZ ever have split screen co op? I still enjoy them. Mercenary is awesome

I know KZ3 had.

#27 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@kellykelly said:

Lems seem more angry than usual today, I wonder why *cough*720p*cough*

True. You can almost taste the tears of desperation in the OP's post.

"Quick, lemme post some negative PS4 news to make people forget that Xbone 720p can't handle COD and Titanfall in 1080p!!"

#28 Edited by LordOfPoms (1086 posts) -

This thread is the equivalent of someone saying "Breaking: TitanFall doesn't have single player!!!!!!!!!!!!! TCHBO"

#29 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2770 posts) -

I will still be playing BF4 on PC when KZ launches so I probably wont bother with it. And if I do get another shooter it will probably be COD Ghosts on PS4. It's a guilty pleasure.

#30 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

This thread is the equivalent of someone saying "Breaking: TitanFall doesn't have single player!!!!!!!!!!!!! TCHBO"

I hope you have fun with Killzone

#31 Edited by donalbane (16203 posts) -

Also no 3D or Move support, which bums me out tremendously. The sharpshooter and 3D with part 3 made that game truly special. Still excited about the new one, though.

#32 Posted by Wasdie (49628 posts) -

They are still using dedicated servers, just not in the traditional way. It's not 100% P2P and it's not 100% dedicated servers. They found a system that works well for what they are doing. The end result is all that matters. As long as the matches don't suffer lag, have host advantage, or have to migrate hosts halfway through the match, then it's fine.

#33 Posted by Promised_Trini (3584 posts) -

I have never seen a someone talk so much about KZSF on here.Worry about the X-Box1 dude,don't harass yourself KZSF we all know how much it bugs you.

#34 Edited by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

LMAO can't handle last gen features.

#35 Edited by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

Every shooter should have local mp and coop. Shadow Fall looks amazing, anyway.

#36 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

@LordOfPoms said:

You both should add me to PSN and we could all have fun together!!!

#37 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LordOfPoms said:

You both should add me to PSN and we could all have fun together!!!

It would be a pleasure! What is your PSN ID, chum?

#38 Edited by getyeryayasout (7178 posts) -

GG probably realized it was unlikely to find two people in the same room at the same time who'd want to play a KZ game.

#39 Posted by DanteSuikoden (3418 posts) -

More like KZ2 and less like KZ3 makes SF better.

#40 Posted by nethernova (4080 posts) -

"Dedicated servers are always a big requested feature and it was asked that whether there will be dedicated servers for Killzone Shadow Fall. Steven Ter Heide replied back that they are running dedicated servers to handle the transfer of data between clients. This seems like a good thing because it will result in a better multiplayer experience, which is an integral part of Killzone Shadow Fall."

Do you people even read the stuff you link?

#41 Posted by RR360DD (11611 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

They are still using dedicated servers, just not in the traditional way. It's not 100% P2P and it's not 100% dedicated servers. They found a system that works well for what they are doing. The end result is all that matters. As long as the matches don't suffer lag, have host advantage, or have to migrate hosts halfway through the match, then it's fine.

But you do have to migrate hosts halfway through the match. Stop defending it.

#42 Posted by clyde46 (45004 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@Wasdie said:

No, the servers host the game, they also connect the clients together.

#43 Edited by Netret0120 (2033 posts) -

More games need split screen. This is the best when you have friends over. Timesplitters did it the best

#44 Edited by RR360DD (11611 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@RR360DD said:

@Wasdie said:

No, the servers host the game, they also connect the clients together.

And is that confirmed? Because people - Wasdie included - were saying its the same system they used in previous killzone games.

And Im pretty sure I remember getting host migration messages in KZ3 in the brief time I played it.

#45 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -
#46 Posted by MonsieurX (29514 posts) -
#47 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

@nethernova: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/21/killzone-shadow-fall-will-use-dedicated-multiplayer-servers.aspx?utm_content=buffer34fca&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Update: Readers have pointed out that Guerrilla's use of the term "dedicated servers" isn't entirely clear. In the case of Killzone; Shadow Fall, the multiplayer is a hybrid of peer-to-peer and dedicated (as explained in this older post on the PlayStation Blog). Essentially, Guerrilla will be using dedicated servers to augment a traditional peer-to-peer environment. One user will still be the host, but the infrastructure will help to mitigate slow connections and oppressive firewalls. Whether this works in practice as well as it sounds like it will in print is something we only have to wait three weeks to find out.

Our Take

Killzone: Shadow Fall is an important title for Sony, and getting the multiplayer right is crucial, especially since that feature is behind the paywall for the first time on a Sony console. While this isn't a true dedicated server situation, I'm hopeful that the solution Guerrilla is using will help eliminate lag issues.

#48 Posted by Daious (1125 posts) -

welcome to yesterday

#49 Posted by Stringerboy (6949 posts) -

Rushed game confirmed.

#50 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3479 posts) -

Things I really like having.