Killzone Shadow Fall killzowned everyone in graphics.

  • 97 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by gpuking (2831 posts) -

There's no question about it, Shadow Fall goes further beyond graphically than any other games including Crysis 3 Ultra, BF4 Ultra and Metro LL. Those pc games may have a few sharper textures here and there but overall they simpy don't have the sheer scale, insane amount of effects and geometry density of Shadow Fall. The lighting and reflection are possibly the best out there. To think GG's next time can theoretically have twice amount of polygon to play with, it's mind boggling to imagine what the next Killzone on PS4 would look like.

Oh and Ryse is simply way outclassed, it has so e cool models and effects but that's it, it's not nearly at the same graphical caliber.

#2 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Nope.

#3 Edited by Snugenz (11859 posts) -

This must be like the 100th time you made this exact thread, and you're still wrong. Dat insecurity!.

Oh and 7.0.

#4 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Too bad the game itself sucks ass.

#5 Edited by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -
#6 Edited by Sollet (7365 posts) -

@SonofK said:

Too bad the game itself sucks ass.

Ah I didn't know you had a PS4 and KZ: SF?

#7 Posted by gpuking (2831 posts) -

#8 Posted by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

Yeah in terms of consoles it probably has the best graphics, besting Ryse by a teeny bit. Don't even try to compare to PCs though.

#9 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -
@Sollet said:

@SonofK said:

Too bad the game itself sucks ass.

Ah I didn't know you had a PS4 and KZ: SF?

Well...Now you do...although I'm still debating keeping or scalping this thing

You're right, I haven't played KZ yet but I've watched plenty of live streams and most people falling asleep playing the campaign.

#10 Edited by gpuking (2831 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Yeah in terms of consoles it probably has the best graphics, besting Ryse by a teeny bit. Don't even try to compare to PCs though.

It kills those so called best looking PC games.

#12 Posted by gpuking (2831 posts) -

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

#13 Posted by Sollet (7365 posts) -

@SonofK said:
@Sollet said:

@SonofK said:

Too bad the game itself sucks ass.

Ah I didn't know you had a PS4 and KZ: SF?

Well...Now you do...although I'm still debating keeping or scalping this thing

You're right, I haven't played KZ yet but I've watched plenty of live streams and most people falling asleep playing the campaign.

Cool but then again I see no "username" next to the box.

Either way sometimes it's bettter to play the game yourself, than watching a "Let's play session" - just sayin'.

#14 Edited by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@_Matt_ said:

Yeah in terms of consoles it probably has the best graphics, besting Ryse by a teeny bit. Don't even try to compare to PCs though.

It kills those so called best looking PC games.

I recommend you look at the screenshots AMD just posted ^^^^

He knows where it's at (even if he did choose some of the shots poorly)

PC graphics far beat console graphics, sooner you accept that, sooner you can enjoy the games more.

#15 Posted by Snugenz (11859 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@_Matt_ said:

Yeah in terms of consoles it probably has the best graphics, besting Ryse by a teeny bit. Don't even try to compare to PCs though.

It kills those so called best looking PC games.

Not in your wildest dreams insecurity boy.

#16 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

#17 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5330 posts) -

None of those are impressive. If you linked to screenshots of Crysis 3 or Metro: LL I could agree with you, but BF3 doesn't look as good as KZ:SF, and if anything the screens you provided prove that fact.

#18 Posted by soulitane (13482 posts) -

I see someone is still insecure.

#19 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

None of those are impressive. If you linked to screenshots of Crysis 3 or Metro: LL I could agree with you, but BF3 doesn't look as good as KZ:SF, and if anything the screens you provided prove that fact.

Maybe because they are not cherry picked, wait let me go cherry pick...

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1f/1fc8f699_yXFPk91.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1f/1f0c96ca_vPGAMPd.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/28/288c1098_4NAwNNX.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/7/7d/7dd6fbbd_g5cM7dC.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/b/b9/b9757c5f_QiJomrl.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/a/aa/aa9a34a2_MW85uRI.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/61/61235a90_K8lyaOJ.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/14/143e140e_lqzk4Iz.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/7/72/720c8ef6_kdzSDXa.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/25/25747de8_u7FCFGD.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/4/49/49dbb434_nWO1M21.jpeg

Now let me show you normal KZSF shots which are not cherry picked.

http://cdn.overclock.net/3/3d/3d2a745b_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1600-23-41-901.png

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/97/97cfdf3e_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1600-43-51-447.png

http://cdn.overclock.net/5/5d/5db5a259_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1523-58-58-021.png

#20 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13841 posts) -

For sure, the visuals surprised me big time.

#21 Posted by gpuking (2831 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311524_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311516_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311527_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311526_full.jpg

I mean there's tons more and it doesn't take an expert to spot them.

#22 Edited by uninspiredcup (8317 posts) -

But Xcom: Enemy Wthin is a better game.

#23 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311524_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311516_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311527_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311526_full.jpg

I mean there's tons more and it doesn't take an expert to spot them.

Those are pre-renders... try again.

Your .GIF is a cut scene pre render also, you are LOL worthy.

#24 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9215 posts) -

I have to say Killzone is a mixed bag when it comes to the graphics. There are really great looking parts where it blows Ryse away and there are parts that just look meh. I have been so damn busy last 2 days I didn't get to play much. I watched my fam member more then I played.

Killzone really gives you hope to see even better games. Just sucks having to wait for more exclusives. GD multi plats... I wont buy them for a console. :P

#25 Posted by Gue1 (9777 posts) -

#26 Edited by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -

The BF3 shot only look good because its rendered at a much higher resolution.Killzone graphics blow it away especially the lighting.

#27 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

The BF3 shot only look good because its rendered at a much higher resolution.Killzone graphics blow it away especially the lighting.

First BF3 shot is 1680x1050 (the multiplayer shot)

#28 Edited by gpuking (2831 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311524_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311516_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311527_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311526_full.jpg

I mean there's tons more and it doesn't take an expert to spot them.

Those are pre-renders... try again.

Your .GIF is a cut scene pre render also, you are LOL worthy.

Haha nothing is ever pre rendered in Killzone SF evident by some of the aliasing. There's also no cutscene, everything is seen from the first person perspective of the player confirmed by GG. My gif was from an on rail ish sequence where you're traveling on a vehicle. You fail so much.

#29 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311524_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311516_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311527_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311526_full.jpg

I mean there's tons more and it doesn't take an expert to spot them.

Those are pre-renders... try again.

Your .GIF is a cut scene pre render also, you are LOL worthy.

Haha nothing is ever pre rendered in Killzone SF evident by some of the aliasing. There's also no cutscene, everything is seen from the first person perspective of the player confirmed by GG. You fail so much.

Talk about dumb, maybe you should talk with DF, which is the main reason the cutscenes had no FPS benchmarks, because that is exactly what they are.

#30 Edited by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@killzowned24 said:

The BF3 shot only look good because its rendered at a much higher resolution.Killzone graphics blow it away especially the lighting.

First BF3 shot is 1680x1050 (the multiplayer shot)

you mean the blurry as hell one? lol

#31 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@killzowned24 said:

The BF3 shot only look good because its rendered at a much higher resolution.Killzone graphics blow it away especially the lighting.

First BF3 shot is 1680x1050 (the multiplayer shot)

you mean the blurry as hell one? lol

You mean the suppression one?

Yeah.

#32 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311524_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311516_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311527_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311526_full.jpg

I mean there's tons more and it doesn't take an expert to spot them.

Those are pre-renders... try again.

Your .GIF is a cut scene pre render also, you are LOL worthy.

Haha nothing is ever pre rendered in Killzone SF evident by some of the aliasing. There's also no cutscene, everything is seen from the first person perspective of the player confirmed by GG. You fail so much.

Talk about dumb, maybe you should talk with DF, which is the main reason the cutscenes had no FPS benchmarks, because that is exactly what they are.

Release.....

#33 Posted by gpuking (2831 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

BF3 didn't age well at all, those low poly models are pain to watch.

Where is the high poly models in KZSF outside of bullshots?

None.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311524_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311516_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311527_full.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3115/image_311526_full.jpg

I mean there's tons more and it doesn't take an expert to spot them.

Those are pre-renders... try again.

Your .GIF is a cut scene pre render also, you are LOL worthy.

Haha nothing is ever pre rendered in Killzone SF evident by some of the aliasing. There's also no cutscene, everything is seen from the first person perspective of the player confirmed by GG. You fail so much.

Talk about dumb, maybe you should talk with DF, which is the main reason the cutscenes had no FPS benchmarks, because that is exactly what they are.

It's not a cutscene as in a pre rendered cutscene. Everything is realtime if you will. Besides it matches with rest of the game perfectly without any visual discrepancy. Try again dumbo.

#34 Edited by PernicioEnigma (5330 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@PernicioEnigma said:

None of those are impressive. If you linked to screenshots of Crysis 3 or Metro: LL I could agree with you, but BF3 doesn't look as good as KZ:SF, and if anything the screens you provided prove that fact.

Maybe because they are not cherry picked, wait let me go cherry pick...

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1f/1fc8f699_yXFPk91.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1f/1f0c96ca_vPGAMPd.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/28/288c1098_4NAwNNX.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/7/7d/7dd6fbbd_g5cM7dC.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/b/b9/b9757c5f_QiJomrl.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/a/aa/aa9a34a2_MW85uRI.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/61/61235a90_K8lyaOJ.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/14/143e140e_lqzk4Iz.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/7/72/720c8ef6_kdzSDXa.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/25/25747de8_u7FCFGD.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/4/49/49dbb434_nWO1M21.jpeg

Now let me show you normal KZSF shots which are not cherry picked.

http://cdn.overclock.net/3/3d/3d2a745b_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1600-23-41-901.png

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/97/97cfdf3e_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1600-43-51-447.png

http://cdn.overclock.net/5/5d/5db5a259_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1523-58-58-021.png

Your cherry picked screenshots look even worse than the ones you originally posted. And what's so wrong with the KZ:SF screens? Sure, there are lots of jaggies, but that doesn't negate the fact it beats out Bf3 in many other ways.

#35 Edited by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -
#36 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Watch above, release is rendered cutscenes.

Anyway here is BF4 to compare.

#37 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -
#38 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2048 posts) -

KZSF is easily the best looking game I have ever played! There is nothing and I mean nothing on Xbone that will touch it!

#39 Posted by uninspiredcup (8317 posts) -

KZSF is easily the best looking game I have ever played! There is nothing and I mean nothing on Xbone that will touch it!

But pc games look better.

#40 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

KZSF is easily the best looking game I have ever played! There is nothing and I mean nothing on Xbone that will touch it!

Indeed on console it is for now.

#41 Posted by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -
#42 Edited by gpuking (2831 posts) -

I can literally count the number of triangles in that BF3's character model, just stop AMD655 you're just embarrassing yourself now. Also even the KZ shots you picked still looked better.

#43 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

A face blows it away?

Talk about blind fanboy LOL.

LOL, look how low res the textures are compared! must be mad all that power gets you lower res than a $400 console :)

Yup, we all play games to stare at a characters face, funny how console gamers are now only playing games for graphics.

Funny how overall BF4 takes a dump on KZSF, face...LOL

#44 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@gpuking said:

I can literally count the number of triangles in that BF3's character model, just stop AMD655 you're just embarrassing yourself now. Also even the KZ shots you picked still looked better.

Biased people will remain biased, why are you playing a flopped game and only showcasing graphics? i thought this is all Hermits do?

Interesting how low the IQ of Cows is.

#45 Edited by gpuking (2831 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

I can literally count the number of triangles in that BF3's character model, just stop AMD655 you're just embarrassing yourself now. Also even the KZ shots you picked still looked better.

Biased people will remain biased, why are you playing a flopped game and only showcasing graphics? i thought this is all Hermits do?

Interesting how low the IQ of Cows is.

Why so mad? This is a graphics thread so we talk graphics here. Talk about low IQ lol, stick to the topic son or exit is that way.

#47 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@gpuking said:

I can literally count the number of triangles in that BF3's character model, just stop AMD655 you're just embarrassing yourself now. Also even the KZ shots you picked still looked better.

@AMD655 said:

@gpuking said:

I can literally count the number of triangles in that BF3's character model, just stop AMD655 you're just embarrassing yourself now. Also even the KZ shots you picked still looked better.

Biased people will remain biased, why are you playing a flopped game and only showcasing graphics? i thought this is all Hermits do?

Interesting how low the IQ of Cows is.

Why so mad? This is a graphics thread so we talk graphics here. Talk about low IQ lol, stick to the topic son or exit is that way.

Nope, it is a valid point, you are the only one who is mad, this is why you have created this thread 100 times before, after attention, and proving that Cows are complete idiots.

Back when PC vs PS3.... oh but we have TLOU, Hermits just talk about Graphics, funny story.

How come you cannot praise this game for gameplay?

BF3 and BF4 terrorize KZSF on all fronts as a whole package, a characters face will never change that.

#48 Posted by soulitane (13482 posts) -
#49 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -
#50 Posted by MK-Professor (3793 posts) -

Console gamers still have hard time accepting that they get a low end gaming pc. Let face it PC graphics from 2011 beat next gen console graphics.