Killzone SF is launch title graphics king.

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by gpuking (2761 posts) -

There's no denying it, the game is borderline CG looking at times, it has all the latest fancy effects and runs at 1080p Full HD, 60fps for MP. It's crazy how GG could pull this off for a launch title and they haven't even begin the GPGPU optimization yet. When you play this game on your 50" 1080p set or bigger, you will see how much crisper and vibrant a native 1080p game with a laundry list of technical features to boost would look compared to a measly 900p blur fest game. And the game went GOLD just now! Next gen stats when GG says so:)!

#2 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

KZSF is technically superior to Ryse but Ryse looks on par with Killzone graphically. Going off graphics alone it might be a close call, KZSF might win due to effects and it's more open feel.

The launch titles aren't really that different, I could see an argument for either game, going off graphics alone.

#3 Edited by B-apples (71 posts) -

Lol, gpuking insecurity thread with a helping of casharmy crazy. Wait, did casharmy get hacked, how come he's not completely up Sony's ass today??.

#4 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

@b-apples said:

Lol, gpuking insecurity thread with a helping of casharmy crazy.

lol alt

#5 Edited by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

Killzone SF is the graphics king. Period. Never has a game ever released on any system looked this good.

#6 Posted by sts106mat (19022 posts) -

Lol even halo 4 looks better than that, check out those leaves! starting to think GPUking is a fakeboy alt

#7 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@b-apples said:

Lol, gpuking insecurity thread with a helping of casharmy crazy.

lol alt

lol, it's sad how desperate lemmings have become but I guess it takes people like this to become MS worshipers in the first place. I hope they all get paid by MS or have stocks invested in the company because I would hate to think that these guys go through these hoops just to make xbox "win"

#8 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Launch title graphics king ?
Really ?

#9 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Ryse looks better.

#10 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

@Sagem28 said:

Launch title graphics king ?

Really ?

yeh it looks that good

#11 Posted by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

ryse does look good but its more enclosed and doesnt have many enemies to fight on screen at any given time....no more then 3-5.....but the facial animations and skin are some of the best i have ever seen

but killzone overall looks better

#12 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

Killzone is overall a much more impressive game. It looks this good while at the same time having more open environments than Ryse and destructible environments. Ryse is as linear as it gets.

#13 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

No NBA 2K14 holds that honor.

#14 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

ryse does look good but its more enclosed and doesnt have many enemies to fight on screen at any given time....no more then 3-5.....but the facial animations and skin are some of the best i have ever seen

but killzone overall looks better

3 or 5, seriously? pretty sad for a 900p game. SF has up to 60 in story mode at 1080p.

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

Killzone SF is the graphics king. Period. Never has a game ever released on any system looked this good.

Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light say hi

#16 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

They said hi and then they failed.

#17 Posted by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake: i just havent seen a video of marius battling more then 5 characters at one time....there are alot of npc's around him that are not part of the battle system

#18 Edited by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Yeah, those are the only two games that are up there with Killzone SF, in my humble opinion though, Killzone SF has the edge.

#19 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

Ryse looks better.

Ryse looks way better than killzone.

#20 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

They said hi and then they failed.

Failed at what ?

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, those are the only two games that are up there with Killzone SF, in my humble opinion though, Killzone SF has the edge.

Nah, I could list other games that match or look better than launch titles on Xbone and Ps4. GRID 2, Shadow Warrior, Rome 2, Crysis 2 with MALDO HD, ...

#21 Posted by gpuking (2761 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

In all honesty Crysis 3 ultra can hang with KZSF but overall the latter still has the edge in more places. Metro LL also looked really good but scale wise it's not as big.

#22 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@waltefmoney said:

Ryse looks better.

#rysefacts

#23 Posted by gpuking (2761 posts) -

Leave your blurry 900p Ryse out of my thread where only true next gen 1080p games are allowed.

#24 Edited by Thunder7151 (305 posts) -

Ryse has better graphics than Killzone Shadow Fall. However, Killzone still has very good graphics.

#25 Posted by gpuking (2761 posts) -

Ryse has better graphics than Killzone Shadow Fall. However, Killzone still has very good graphics.

Typo? Coz you clearly have that reversed.

#26 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

I'll have to agree.. KZ looks great !!

#27 Edited by campzor (34932 posts) -

mp footage is better than everything from all other launch games.

#28 Posted by MonsieurX (29502 posts) -

"launch title graphic king"

Cows are getting desperate to grab a title about graphics

#29 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2428 posts) -

@BlbecekBobecek said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Yup, a game developed for a pathetic barely matching 570 level GPU has an edge over a game that brings mightiest GPUs of today to their knees could only be an idiot's (cow) opinion not a fact.

TC, keep telling this to yourself before going to sleep at night, after waking up in the morning and a little dose of an extra Sony worshiping after lunch might help you overcome this insecurity that your precious next-gen console has worse looking games than PC games from 2011. By the way TC, did Sony ever granted any of your wishes...just wondering....

#30 Posted by Caseytappy (2131 posts) -

This apple looks much better than this orange !

Lol, graphics King was a Cow invention at the start of last gen as they where hammered by the Wii in sales and by the 360 in games, they had to move the goalposts and only use it for exclusives though as multiplats looked better on the 360 .

There's probably no need for this in the next generation but old habits are hard to kill .

Is it oke for the Lemmings to use the lazy devs argument on multi's as Cows did mostly for 7 years straight ?

#31 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4713 posts) -

Ryse, Metro LL, Watch Dogs & Crysis 3 look better

#32 Edited by always_explicit (2709 posts) -

This apple looks much better than this orange !

Lol, graphics King was a Cow invention at the start of last gen as they where hammered by the Wii in sales and by the 360 in games, they had to move the goalposts and only use it for exclusives though as multiplats looked better on the 360 .

There's probably no need for this in the next generation but old habits are hard to kill .

Is it oke for the Lemmings to use the lazy devs argument on multi's as Cows did mostly for 7 years straight ?

Haha so much truth in this. Thus the circle is complete.

#33 Posted by clyde46 (44906 posts) -

LOL GPUking thread.

#34 Edited by GodspellWH (391 posts) -

Cows seem to be pretty desperate lately making threads about the graphics of one single game and exaggerating how it looks seems to me that's the only few things they can justify buying a ps4 at launch. Even lems aren't doing this as much kinda sad really.

#35 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

@FPSfan1985 said:

No NBA 2K14 holds that honor.

^THIS

NBA2K14 has the most realistic and life-like player models and animations I've ever seen in any videogame to date.

Sorry RYSE and Killzone: Shadow Fall, but NBK2K14 is the current Next-Gen graphics king.

Not only are the faces grafted perfectly - look at the jerseys - they move with air currents as the players jump in the air - look at LeBron's jersey move as he's heading up to the basket. I've NEVER seen that in a videogame before. The JERSEYS HAVE AIR-FLOW PHYSICS.

THAT GAME is LEGIT NEXT-GEN.

#36 Posted by Daious (1120 posts) -

Launch title graphic king is probably KZSF. Its not really a big surprise

#37 Posted by Shewgenja (8460 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

I would LOVE to see someone compare Ryse to either of those titles.

#38 Posted by Chozofication (2762 posts) -

You know what else? We need a graphics king every week. Graphics king of the week could be a new feature on GS.

#39 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

Ryse looks waaaaaaaay better.

#40 Edited by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

the virginity running while in this thread,sorry but BF4 on PC says no and laughs at your opinion.

#41 Edited by lostrib (34424 posts) -

We are getting too specific with the "graphics king" award. It's like some of the "records" in the NFL

#42 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9871 posts) -

Will it be gameplay king?

#43 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Wow, truly beautiful and only possible on the PS4.

#44 Edited by Shewgenja (8460 posts) -

Ryse looks waaaaaaaay better.

Suuuuuuuure it does. What games is it being compared to, again? (That is, outside of the fanboy pissing war between it and KillZone).

Oh, yeah.. Nothing.

#45 Posted by Shewgenja (8460 posts) -

Without the console wars, Ryse wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. Truth be told.

#46 Edited by Chutebox (36598 posts) -

How many times are we going to have this Convo? Ryse looks awesome but kz looks better and games on PC blow both away

#47 Edited by ramonnl (769 posts) -

Ryse is 900p + linear as hell.

Killzone is 1080p + very open + destruction!

Killzone looks much better, and does much more.

#48 Posted by Crypt_mx (3960 posts) -

I have to wait until i see both Ryse and Killzone in person.

IMO the currently look about on par with one another, as they both represent the best of what next gen has to offer (in terms of graphics of course, both games are pretty standard gameplay wise)

#49 Edited by Crypt_mx (3960 posts) -

@ramonnl said:

Ryse is 900p +linear.

Killzone is 1080p + kind of open + some destruction!

Killzone looks pretty similar, but does slightly more.

That's the translated version from cow-speak

#50 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@waltefmoney said:

Ryse looks better.

maybe the cutscenes, definitely not the gameplay. Did you see that crap? its like assassins creed.