Killzone: SF and Ryse Lead

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

As the most traded games of the new gen.

"As showcase games for either system last year, both appeared to be titles that offered fantastic visuals, but quite generic gameplay."

"Looking at popular high street second hand store CEX and it’s clear that there’s some disparity between games being traded in on Xbox One and PS4 with far more second hand copies of Knack and Killzone sitting on their shelves. Whilst certainly not conclusive overall, it does paint an interesting picture of what games are keepers and what games are not."

"From our findings, looking at the number of CEX stores across the UK which have more than 4 copies of the games in stock, the figures are quite startling."

A testament of how lackluster and generic these games are. Leads me to believe the multiplayer is not as good in KZSF as some claim it is since many are storming to trade it in asap! Ryse seems self explanatory considering I never heard anyone talk about the multiplayer in it. Knack, also self explantory (I'd rather watch paint dry). What are your thoughts of why they are the most traded titles?

Full Article Here: http://cramgaming.com/killzone-shadow-fall-and-ryse-lead-the-most-traded-in-next-gen-games-13827/

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Welp............................ how funny would it have been if you couldnt play used games....

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rage010101

@Nengo_Flow said:

Welp............................ how funny would it have been if you couldnt play used games....

Considering how hard cows d*ckride KZSF, you would think they would keep it. Multiplayer must really suck hard

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

so a game thats traded in automatically means its crap? Wow that means gaming has always sucked then.Man I should just stop gaming all together.....

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rage010101

@finalfantasy94 said:

so a game thats traded in automatically means its crap? Wow that means gaming has always sucked then.Man I should just stop gaming all together.....

Well it's safe to say you're not taking this very well lol

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By finalfantasy94

@Rage010101 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

No just find it funny and pretty sad that there are people who think a game being traded means its automatically crap.Theres no logic behind that train of thought.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Considering how hard cows d*ckride KZSF, you would think they would keep it. Multiplayer must really suck hard

Excuse me but wasnt it lems who were claiming Ryse to be AAAE 9/10.

Atleast Cows only hyped KZ:SF 8/10

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rage010101

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Rage010101 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

No just find it funny and pretty sad that there are people who think a game being traded means its automatically crap.Theres no logic behind that train of thought.

I knew the article would induce some butthurt, but I didn't think it would be this fast.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rage010101

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Rage010101 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Excuse me but wasnt it lems who were claiming Ryse to be AAAE 9/10.

Atleast Cows only hyped KZ:SF 8/10

Ya they hyped it 8.0 out of fear of it flopping and it still ended up flopping lol. Still doesn't explain why they're trading it in so much considering it's all they still talk about all over the internet.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#10 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

How does a game getting traded automatically make it crap?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Demonjoe93 said:

How does a game getting traded automatically make it crap?

Don't mind the OP he's an idiot. A lot of good games get traded in all the time especially popular ones. People trade in games to get money for more games it has nothing to do with quality.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

well they seem like one and done games for the most part

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rage010101

Alot of butthurt in here lol. People usually keep games they like and plan to replay again. You let go of the turds. Which brings me to another question. What game are they buying when they trade in KZSF? PS4 has no games

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@Rage010101 said:

Alot of butthurt in here lol. People usually keep games they like and plan to replay again. You let go of the turds. Which brings me to another question. What game are they buying when they trade in KZSF? PS4 has no games

multiplats

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rage010101

@lostrib said:

That is the exact way I viewed them. But I recall alot of cows hyping up the KZSF multiplayer. Must not be so great if they're getting traded in so often already.

To think, pc has multiplayer games out there that are over 15+ years old and still going strong.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@Rage010101 said:

@lostrib said:

That is the exact way I viewed them. But I recall alot of cows hyping up the KZSF multiplayer. Must not be so great if they're getting traded in so often already.

To think, pc has multiplayer games out there that are over 15+ years old and still going strong.

Well small install base, and probably smaller number with KZSF, probably means a pretty small online multiplayer community. And I don't think it uses proper dedicated servers

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rage010101

@lostrib said:

@Rage010101 said:

@lostrib said:

Well small install base, and probably smaller number with KZSF, probably means a pretty small online multiplayer community. And I don't think it uses proper dedicated servers

Makes sense. Not to mention I'm sure there are people who didn't jump in on the multiplayer entirely since they probably didn't agree/want to pay to play online.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By finalfantasy94

@Rage010101 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Rage010101 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

I knew the article would induce some butthurt, but I didn't think it would be this fast.

wow you live a sad little life.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Rage010101 said:

@lostrib said:

That doesn't really explain why the game was able to sell 1 million copies.It's not like a lot of these 1 million people are playing the games multiplayer.Games that have sold less than that game on the next gen consoles probably have a bigger online population than killzone shadow fallsI know certain games are more popular than others,but if killzone shadow falls sold well then shouldn't the online population be above 10K at least.I know the PS+ requirement to play the online component of most PS4 games hurt Killzone shadow falls online population. have a funny feeling that some people may have sold killzone shadow fall after beating the game's campaign or sold it when they got it with thier PS4 bundle I would have expected a lot more people playing the game's multiplayer if it sold 1 million.It's kinda obvious why ryse was traded in a lot to.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rage010101

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Rage010101 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Rage010101 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

wow you live a sad little life.

Still crying? That butthurt of yours looks pretty serious. I recommend seeking medical help.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

There's not much to these games. You've had your fill in a weekend of playing.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I still haven't had enough time to properly play the multiplayer of killzone, but from what I have tried it has been really fun... Just too bad I have BF4 which eclipses it on the fun scale!

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#23 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@lostrib said:

The problem with the multiplayer in SF is that its not finished yet so GG promised to update it until half of 2015.... its missing a lot of stuff from co op to clan support.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rage010101

@KillzoneSnake said:

@Rage010101 said:

@lostrib said:

The problem with the multiplayer in SF is that its not finished yet so GG promised to update it until half of 2015.... its missing a lot of stuff from co op to clan support.

I thought someone with the name Killzone in their name would surely leave some butthurt comment like the children with hurt feelings above, but I'm surprised you gave a sincere reply. I appreciate that very much sir.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

In Killzone's defense SP enthusiasts would'nt have much use for it, after the campaign. You could say the same about Ryse but it's universally acknowledged as shit.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Yeah killzone shadowfall was terrible.I'll trade it in for infamous second son.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Rage010101: killzone came bundled with about half of all PS4s so I think the logic you're implying "all cows said multiplayer is great therefore having high trade ins means all cows are liars". There's been like a million copies of Killzone sold or released as part of the bundle so there will be some who just don't like the game, doesn't mean they're cows or that the game is shit.

You just can't get the staff these days. *rolls eyes*

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Killzone: SF does not even compare to Battlefield 4, and this is coming from a guy who owns and loves a PS4. SF is dull/ lifeless, especially the MP.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Killzone Shadowfall has the gameplay and Ryse may have the graphics. I played KZSF the other day and graphically is what good but not all that. The levels are huge and the draw distance is insane for a console machine but graphically I would say it's no better than crysis 3 on PS3. Now Ryse lacks in gameplay but the Xbone has shown to have muscle when pushed to use it. I know PS4 will thrive but nothing spectacular at the moment.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

More copies of KZ in circulation. Very good, healthy sales.

Xbone games just aren't selling. Either that or their awesome lineup is so underwhelming they can't even be bothered to trade it in.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I want to reiterate a thought that was stated only once here: what else is there to trade these games in for? When the consoles just launched and there's not a lot of quality games around?

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Seeing as how I'm trading this game in Monday, I can somewhat agree that it isn't all that good. Some parts are among the worst moments I've had in gaming, no hyperbole the freefall sections on KZSF needed to be patched out altogether!

At this point I'm completely done with Killzone.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

This isn't surprising.

Both Ryse and Kilolzone are trash at best.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I want to reiterate a thought that was stated only once here: what else is there to trade these games in for? When the consoles just launched and there's not a lot of quality games around?

There's no requirement to say you must trade a game in for another game on the same platform. Could simply be putting credit towards that 3DS bundle or a PS3 or Xbox 360 game.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

The MP probably isn't that great to keep players from continually playing it which is obvious by its low online population people have reported.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yeah I was in Gamestop yesterday and saw a tonne of second hand Shadowfall's and Ryse for sure but what do you expect? there's not much to them and not everyone plays KZ for the multiplayer

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@HavocV3 said:

This isn't surprising.

Both Ryse and Kilolzone are trash at best.

I actually like playing trash.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

@Rage010101: I actually enjoy KZ SF multiplayer. Knack I enjoyed too, but I don't know if I want to trade it or sell it.. Might replay it again since I liked it. Same with Ryse, I actually liked Ryse XD It's just hard to get rid of launch games since they're like classics in the making. I mean I kept Perfect Dark Zero the whole time on my 360 and COD2. COD ghosts sucks btw, I play KZ SF online more than that pos.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I wonder what the trade in rate for PC titles would be if big name retailers allowed such a thing.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4:

We will never know

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rage010101

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I wonder what the trade in rate for PC titles would be if big name retailers allowed such a thing.

What would be the point of that when we already buy them super cheap

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rage010101

@-RPGamer- said:

Seeing as how I'm trading this game in Monday, I can somewhat agree that it isn't all that good. Some parts are among the worst moments I've had in gaming, no hyperbole the freefall sections on KZSF needed to be patched out altogether!

At this point I'm completely done with Killzone.

It's nice to see honest replies like yours, instead of the childish posts that some users posted early on in this thread.

I must have posted the thread at the wrong time (Fanboy Hour perhaps) seeing as it hurt some fanboy feelings. I come back today and it's full of people who know how to comment sincerely without getting their feelings hurt over some article. I appreciate the adults in this thread.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I kept my copies. :D

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Ryse it is then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@_Matt_: BF4 is currently buggy if I’m not mistaken. Won’t be playing it until net coding and all that is fixed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#46 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@Rage010101: Damn it dude. What arguments do you have other than. PS4 has no games.

Really ?

You are not a gamer.

Why are you even in these forums ?

Xbox has games just like PS4 but why the hell are you in here and not on your Xbox playing those games.

Come to the forums to learn new things or talk about sense. Not downplaying a certain console unless it’s the OUYA :P

Stop it. you are a disgrace and a fool.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@acp_45 said:

@_Matt_: BF4 is currently buggy if I’m not mistaken. Won’t be playing it until net coding and all that is fixed.

So I keep hearing. Everywhere I go everyone complains of buggyness. I have sunk many hours into multiplayer now and only once have I lost connection to a game or any other noteworthy bug.

I have occasionally had laser sight lasers 'painted' on a wall for a short time, but that's pretty much it. I am a happy customer.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Bought KZ SF and traded it into Best Buy for 40 bucks. Beat the SP and played the MP for a few hours. It was a very generic experience, but it was the only PS4 game available that i had any interest in playing. I didn't buy Ryse because the review scores scared me off.

The KZ series just doesn't have that "it" factor when it comes to holding your attention.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rage010101

@acp_45 said:

@Rage010101: Damn it dude. What arguments do you have other than. PS4 has no games.

Really ?

You are not a gamer.

Why are you even in these forums ?

Xbox has games just like PS4 but why the hell are you in here and not on your Xbox playing those games.

Come to the forums to learn new things or talk about sense. Not downplaying a certain console unless it’s the OUYA :P

Stop it. you are a disgrace and a fool.

^ Butthurt cow thinks im a Lemming LMFAO

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

I traded in Killzone for Wind Waker hd . Nice looking game but it was so boring