Killzone MP reso = 960x1080

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: It is super funny to see this come to light after all the power talk which is starting to show that there really is not a power difference but MSoft dropping the ball on Dev tools and Phony just flat out lying.

Numbers don't lie. PS4 still smashes Xbone, and not every Xbone game will have the CryEngine to paper over the cracks.

@kuu2 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: You are delusional but at least you showed up. Props to you IgnoranceLauncher.

Similarly, it's just as well you didn't start this thread. It would have been locked for insanity, like every other thread you make. :)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: Maybe but from what I am seeing lately that is not the case. Graphic parity is a fickle mistress.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@kuu2 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: Maybe but from what I am seeing lately that is not the case. Graphic parity is a fickle mistress.

Xbone: the console of choice for people who need a trip to the optometrist. >:D

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Heil68: Nice try, but I almost can't consider you a Cow, and you are definitely not Sony Fan. But I will give you a crow pie none the less for coming in the thread.

We all know SONY gave us the world's most powerful video game machine to have every been created in the HISTORY of video games. Last gen LEMS brought up differences in mulit plats every chance they could and now this gen it magically doesn't matter.

You just cant buy that much happiness as far as I'm concerned. It's magically delicious.

We wont bring up SALES in this thread though, as that would be mean and not fair. :D

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

Sales does not equal quality nor do reviews but quite simply X1 exclusives are better then PS4. You got Knack and KZ. We have a lot more range and better.

not to mention our MP is higher resolution then Killzone MP. Hell even ryse MP is higher, so is titanfall , hell so is DR3

owned

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

The fact that no one noticed this until now just shows how little the resolution thing matters. Everyone just believed what they were told.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Gonna have to agree. This looks like a really weird misstep for GG. Hopefully their last. Doesn't affect me much seeing as i'm not much of a MP guy anyway through taste and capability. Single player is still native so I don't care as much. GG definitely should have said though, derp.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@LanceSSJ said:

Sales does not equal quality nor do reviews but quite simply X1 exclusives are better then PS4. You got Knack and KZ. We have a lot more range and better.

not to mention our MP is higher resolution then Killzone MP. Hell even ryse MP is higher, so is titanfall , hell so is DR3

lmao, nope.

Plus DR3 was 720p @ 20fps, hardly anything to boast about.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#110 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Unplayable, blurry mess confirmed.

Man, next gen is really terrible so far. So many unplayable games.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@LanceSSJ said:

lmao, nope.

Plus DR3 was 720p @ 20fps, hardly anything to boast about.

lol average

Maybe you should learn statistics before using them

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts
@jimmarko21876 said:

@MK-Professor said:

When console gamers will start play games at 1920x1080 60fps, in 10 years? 20 years? Most PC gamers play at 2560x1440 60fps for the last 2 years.

I kinda feel sad for them.

Link that "MOST" PC gamers play at that res? I sure the hell don't and don't know of anyone personally that does. Thanks in advance for the link you won't provide :)

ALL serious PC gamers that I know (including my self) are gaming at 2560x1440 60fps for years now.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#114  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Actually that explains quite a bit. When playing the multiplayer the framerate is a bit erratic and the picture quality is noticeably worse than the single player. I was quite underwhelmed.

Sounds like their marketing guys really wanted that 1080p at 60fps bullet point on the box and Guerrilla just couldn't get it there. Should have just went with 720p at 60fps like Battlefield did. 720p with good AA and a stable framerate is preferable to what they did here.

If they can't do 1080p then they shouldn't try to fudge it.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LanceSSJ

metascore means shit

also DR3 reso is higher then KZ MP

Your telling me that Knack and Killzone are better then Ryse , Dead Rising 3 , Forza 5? Your a joke. Killzone is the only retail exclusive that isn't total crap.

Then lets not mention Killer Instinct. Its stunning. You can post meta ETC but X1 Exclusives so far are better, oeriod. May change when Infamous is released but right now PS4 has NOTHING but multiplats

oh and low res multiplayer

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@kuu2: buddy, you need to go outside. Your obsession isn't healthy.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

The fact that no one noticed this until now just shows how little the resolution thing matters. Everyone just believed what they were told.

No. People just assumed GG screwed up implementing AA because everyone noticed the dithering and blurring found in mp.

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

@MK-Professor said:
@jimmarko21876 said:

@MK-Professor said:

When console gamers will start play games at 1920x1080 60fps, in 10 years? 20 years? Most PC gamers play at 2560x1440 60fps for the last 2 years.

Link that "MOST" PC gamers play at that res? I sure the hell don't and don't know of anyone personally that does. Thanks in advance for the link you won't provide :)

ALL serious PC gamers that I know (including my self) are gaming at 2560x1440 60fps for years now.

So no link then, good to know :) Could you possibly link me to a spot that explains what a "serious" PC gamer is then instead? Sometimes I am ashamed to say I'm a PC gamer, maybe it's because I'm not seriously a gamer at only 1080p/60fps :) I would like for your holiness to show me the way oh great one, lol

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

I'm a bit confused. Only reason DF knows this is because GG told them? So DF's tools couldn't tell the difference?

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

<LanceSSJ

cows are jelly that our MP games are higher res then their flagship title MP

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I'm a bit confused. Only reason DF knows this is because GG told them? So DF's tools couldn't tell the difference?

From my understanding, DF didn't count the vertical pixels which should be 1920 in full HD 1080p they only count the horizontal ones and counted 1080 so they assumed GG matched it, especially since GG flat out lied and said it was native 1080p which it isn't. Its sad how sony and there devs flat out lie and people are like whatever, but imagine if crytek lied saying ryse was 1080p? people would have been up in arms. Its funny how the 1 game that was 1080p and 60FPS for sony, turned out to be a lie and a lower resolution then the titanfall beta was.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@LanceSSJ said:

Titanfall MP is higher red then Shadowfall MP. Love it

If your assets look as bad as Tutuhfuhh's, it's hardly something to crow over.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MonsieurX

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@LanceSSJ said:

Should be included in every PS4 bundles

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: To be honest I haven't seen any proof that PS4 is more powerful. Plus the Xbone controller is a lot better. Although Infamous may start to show us the superiority but as of right now Xbone is the confirmed winner. KZSF wasn't all that like the hype said.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@LanceSSJ said:

Should be included in every PS4 bundles

LMAO!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MonsieurX

@RimacBugatti said:

@FoxbatAlpha: To be honest I haven't seen any proof that PS4 is more powerful. Plus the Xbone controller is a lot better. Although Infamous may start to show us the superiority but as of right now Xbone is the confirmed winner. KZSF wasn't all that like the hype said.

It is on paper.

And also with pretty much every multiplats so far,except Thief...omigad

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I care little about the resolution of this game because it does not matter to me at all unless the game can back up it's graphics with good gameplay which I don't even think this game fulfills from what I heard about this game. I hope GG makes the next killzone game better and more apealing to more people and I hope they actually try to fix the technical issues with the MP for the next killzone.I find this kinda funny anyway after all the bragging about this game's resolution.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By LanceX2

man cows are ignoring my post like the plague

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@lancex2 said:

man cows are ignoring my post like the plague

They're probably ignoring it because you are obviously a troll alt account.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LanceX2

im not a troll. I made a new account to match my GT. I said Im LanceSSJ moron

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts
@jimmarko21876 said:

@MK-Professor said:
@jimmarko21876 said:

@MK-Professor said:

So no link then, good to know :) Could you possibly link me to a spot that explains what a "serious" PC gamer is then instead? Sometimes I am ashamed to say I'm a PC gamer, maybe it's because I'm not seriously a gamer at only 1080p/60fps :) I would like for your holiness to show me the way oh great one, lol

It cant be explained, only serious PC gamers understand what a serious PC gamer is.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lancex2 said:

No alternate accounts

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Wasdie  Moderator

@lostrib said:

@lancex2 said:

No alternate accounts

That's not a rule. You can have as many alternate accounts as you want as long as none of your accounts are banned or suspended for any reason.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lostrib

@Wasdie said:

@lostrib said:

@lancex2 said:

No alternate accounts

That's not a rule. You can have as many alternate accounts as you want as long as none of your accounts are banned or suspended for any reason.

Under "avoid trouble" when you Create a Topic, it simply says No alternate accounts

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/02/killzone-shadow-fall-campaign-hands-on-new-multiplayer-footage/

""Then there’s the competitive multiplayer mode which, like the game’s campaign, runs at native 1080p and 60 fps. Supporting up to 24 players across a variety of play modes""

oh man that's so bad lol

@Chutebox said:

Oh lems. Complaining about cows yet you are the same.

And lol at secret sauce and ray tracing. Gl with that

lol no no no see there is a difference between being the same, and having shoved down our throats "bubububu the resolution, the fps xbox dOne sucks it WILL NEVER do 1080p *wrong* and never do 60 fps *wrong again* bububub look at killzone SF its 1080p and 60fps on EVERYTHING and it is the measuring mark of all ps4 games all ps4 games will do 1080p and 60fps *proven wrong continually*"" and now its come out that KZSF's resolution is a complete lie atleast in multiplayer? lolololololol its not surprising that Lemmings are laughing their asses off and Sheens are becoming defensive ass wipes as always.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Tighaman said:

Just more sony lies and you all talking about MS rigging the industry since the first review of the ps4 its been bullshit, DC, watchdogs, call of duty being 720 but every site praising its 1080p and it looks better than the x1 version AC4 before the patch also this shit right here too and I blame the industry too for turning a blind eye to Sony while bashing and nitpicking at everything that MS do even if its good

You must not have been gaming long. You remember when the PS3 launched and the media had a field day with Sony? Also Watchdogs and COD are 1080p on the PS4 , sorry that's a fact. We can debate how much more powerful the PS4 is over the Xbox one all day. But the fact of the matter is it is more powerful nobody denies that and its also $100 less.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

This proves the 2 consoles are similar. Heck Titanfall has higher resolution and arguably more going on and on bigger maps. Hmm who would have thought. But the wine has already been consumed.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

@lostrib said:

@lancex2 said:

No alternate accounts

Under "avoid trouble" when you Create a Topic, it simply says No alternate accounts

I noticed that awhile ago to, but like wasdie said as long as you are not banned or suspended you can create as many alternate accounts as you want.This may change in the future.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Ahh yes, when in doubt, bring up old crap. Also, there's a sticky for Titanfall threads.

look at that DC, maybe If you do jazz hands we won't notice officer buttbaby.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Wasdie  Moderator

@super600 said:

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

@lostrib said:

@lancex2 said:

No alternate accounts

I noticed that awhile ago to, but like wasdie said as long as you are not banned or suspended you can create as many alternate accounts as you want.This may change in the future.

I'm clarifying in that with the staff right now. I do believe that no alternate accounts is in context of using an alternate account to bypass a suspension or a ban.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 LanceSSJ

wow lol, reached post limit. that's dumb ;/. I made new account because this is way old and im not obsessed with DBZ anymore :D plus X2 is my GT

back on topic.

Cows be jelly but this is weird news. Why cut the HD in half if the PS4 is such a beast?

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Tbh though, It's insane how good the Playstation 4's up scaler is. Renowned Game reviewers couldn't even tell the diffrence.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By lostrib

@LanceSSJ said:

wow lol, reached post limit. that's dumb ;/. I made new account because this is way old and im not obsessed with DBZ anymore :D plus X2 is my GT

back on topic.

Cows be jelly but this is weird news. Why cut the HD in half if the PS4 is such a beast?

...how did you reach a post limit, you only had 10 posts?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Actually that explains quite a bit. When playing the multiplayer the framerate is a bit erratic and the picture quality is noticeably worse than the single player. I was quite underwhelmed.

Sounds like their marketing guys really wanted that 1080p at 60fps bullet point on the box and Guerrilla just couldn't get it there. Should have just went with 720p at 60fps like Battlefield did. 720p with good AA and a stable framerate is preferable to what they did here.

If they can't do 1080p then they shouldn't try to fudge it.

Many had attributed the blurriness to a bad FXAA implementation because they were told or assumed it was full native 1080p based on what Sony and GG said.

People noticed the poorer IQ but just didn't know what it was and I guess they were justified with this news.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LanceSSJ

@lostrib:

I think new accounts only have 5 posts per day or something.lolz

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts