Killzone MP reso = 960x1080

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

lol cows, barely higher then titanfall. I guess TF won't look so bad then huh?

Originally Posted by Richard Leadbetter

In the single-player mode, the game runs at full 1080p with an unlocked frame-rate (though a 30fps cap has been introduced as an option in a recent patch), but it's a different story altogether with multiplayer. Here Guerrilla Games has opted for a 960x1080 framebuffer, in pursuit of a 60fps refresh. Across a range of clips, we see the game handing in a 50fps average on multiplayer. It makes a palpable difference, but it's probably not the sort of boost you might expect from halving fill-rate.

Now, there are some mitigating factors here. Shadow Fall uses a horizontal interlace, with every other column of pixels generated using a temporal upscale - in effect, information from previously rendered frames is used to plug the gaps. The fact that few have actually noticed that any upscale at all is in place speaks to its quality, and we can almost certainly assume that this effect is not cheap from a computational perspective. However, at the same time it also confirms that a massive reduction in fill-rate isn't a guaranteed dead cert for hitting 60fps. Indeed, Shadow Fall multiplayer has a noticeably variable frame-rate - even though the fill-rate gain and the temporal upscale are likely to give back and take away fixed amounts of GPU time. Whatever is stopping Killzone from reaching 60fps isn't down to pixel fill-rate, and based on what we learned from our trip to Amsterdam last year, we're pretty confident it's not the CPU in this case either.

#2 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3203 posts) -

Old.

Last thread got locked too.

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12809 posts) -

Inb4 leadbetter.

#4 Edited by silversix_ (13627 posts) -

that's why objects from afar looked so muddy and i thought its their FXAA that caused it.... nice fail GG, such 1080p

#5 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

sorry forgot all ps4 negative news gets locked. Cowspot engaged

#6 Posted by TheFadeForever (1634 posts) -

Yes we knew that for sometime now

#7 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

sorry forgot all ps4 negative news gets locked. Cowspot engaged

Conspiracy!

#8 Edited by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

Titanfall MP is higher red then Shadowfall MP. Love it

#9 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

how does this color ranking system work?

#10 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

higher resolution I meant. Stupid auto correct

#11 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (893 posts) -

Sony never announced the resolution for MP now i know why,

If they did they lied to Sony customers :P

#12 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3203 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

If your assets look as bad as Tutuhfuhh's, it's hardly something to crow over.

#13 Edited by CyberLips (1616 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

higher resolution I meant. Stupid auto correct

Auto correct on your PC?

#14 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (893 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@LanceSSJ said:

If your assets look as bad as Tutuhfuhh's, it's hardly something to crow over.

Pics from the alpha texture reduced build, Still you tried so i give you an A for being a quality troller.

#15 Posted by loco145 (10741 posts) -

The Ps4 is weaksauce.

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (7942 posts) -

Ahh yes, when in doubt, bring up old crap. Also, there's a sticky for Titanfall threads.

#17 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (893 posts) -

@loco145 said:

The Ps4 is weaksauce.

before Xbox One hidden sauce was announced they were pretty much on par :) and the fact Phil Spencer said Ray Tracing will be coming to X1, cant blame them Ray Tracing looks amazing.

#18 Posted by Tighaman (709 posts) -

Just more sony lies and you all talking about MS rigging the industry since the first review of the ps4 its been bullshit, DC, watchdogs, call of duty being 720 but every site praising its 1080p and it looks better than the x1 version AC4 before the patch also this shit right here too and I blame the industry too for turning a blind eye to Sony while bashing and nitpicking at everything that MS do even if its good

#19 Edited by Gue1 (9147 posts) -

still higher than Ryse and with much better frame-rate. Stay jelly lems! This is something the Xbone will never be able to achieve. XD

#20 Posted by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

And yet, KZ:SF still looks tremendously better at all aspects.

#21 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3203 posts) -

Pics from the alpha texture reduced build, Still you tried so i give you an A for being a quality troller.

As if the beta looks substantially better.

before Xbox One hidden sauce was announced they were pretty much on par :) and the fact Phil Spencer said Ray Tracing will be coming to X1, cant blame them Ray Tracing looks amazing.

lmao what hidden sauce?

"Experimenting with" =/= "coming to." Ray-tracing will be appearing on the Xbox Two, cos the Xbone's crap hardware won't be able to handle it. :)

#22 Posted by Chutebox (36203 posts) -

Oh lems. Complaining about cows yet you are the same.

And lol at secret sauce and ray tracing. Gl with that

#23 Posted by darkangel115 (1403 posts) -

@Gue1: um actually not only is it lower then ryse, it's also lower then titanfall beta resolution so what was your point again?

#24 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

960x1080? It's a vertical rectangle? Displayed in portrait mode, like a cellphone screen?

#26 Posted by TheRealBigRich (695 posts) -

So is that the comeback everyone should use is so what that its a lower resolution it looks better than any game that's out. TBH I really do think the game looks good even though I don't have a ps4 and it really make me think I care even less about the whole resolution thing now

#27 Posted by trasherhead (3058 posts) -

Source?

#28 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Stupid Lems.

#29 Posted by Pray_to_me (2736 posts) -

/thread

#30 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3203 posts) -

/thread

Wow, could that Titanfall screenshot be any more grey?

#31 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

/thread

Killzone is pretty, but let's not kid ourselves. Titanfall will be the better game of the two, no contest. KZ MP is super boring and dull. Might be why it has such a dead community.

#32 Posted by Pray_to_me (2736 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

Killzone is pretty, but let's not kid ourselves. Titanfall will be the better game of the two, no contest. KZ MP is super boring and dull. Might be why it has such a dead community.

like your brain? lmfao!

#33 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

like your brain? lmfao!

That had to be the worst insult, ever.

#34 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

lol console limitations

#35 Posted by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

As good as this game looks, why should we even care what the resolution is?

#36 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

Lol. Shit's weak.

#37 Posted by NoodleFighter (6941 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

Sony needs to face the fact that Killzone will never be the Halo of Playstation

#38 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

Sony needs to face the fact that Killzone will never be the Halo of Playstation

And their fanboys need to learn that the series will never be relevant.

#39 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

still higher than Ryse and with much better frame-rate. Stay jelly lems! This is something the Xbone will never be able to achieve. XD

and yet not near as good looking or nearly as praised for its graphics,,,,try harder

#40 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

Only morons think color palette has anything to do with the technical merits of a game's graphics.

Killzone Shadow Fall does have better graphics than Titan Fall, but it's not nearly as impressive as some of you consolites think.

#41 Edited by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

@kalipekona said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

Only morons think color palette has anything to do with the technical merits of a game's graphics.

Killzone Shadow Fall does have better graphics than Titan Fall, but it's not nearly as impressive as some of you consolites think.

.......Compared to a PC game? Perhaps.

But with any other console game? It certainly is THAT impressive.

#42 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3757 posts) -

960x1080? It's a vertical rectangle? Displayed in portrait mode, like a cellphone screen?

that would be hilarious.

nah man. just rendered at exactly half of full hd along the x axis, and upscaled 2:1 along that x axis when output to the tv. would make for a pretty good upscale tbh.

no idea why they would go for half width rather than half height.

#43 Posted by -Unreal- (24474 posts) -

PS4 unable to run KZ MP at 60 FPS at half of 1920x1080.

Shoulda coded to da metal more GG.

#44 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3203 posts) -

Another leaked screenshot of the next generation of grey shooters.

#45 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@kalipekona said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

/thread

.......Compared to a PC game? Perhaps.

But with any other console game? It certainly is THAT impressive.

Nah, I own the game and some parts look great, but other parts look decidedly average to me. I'd say Tomb Raider, AC4 and Ryse all look better overall.

#46 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

PS4 960x1080 version

#47 Posted by speedfog (2858 posts) -

TCHBO

#48 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -

lol greatness postponed! Imagine if this was a Microsoft game, cows will be circle jerking

#49 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1633 posts) -

I dont know what framebuffer KZSF MP uses but damn does it look 1080p lol best framebuffer ever made.

#50 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3203 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

PS4 960x1080 version

Did you forget? Titanshit isn't on PS4 you pleb.