Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="Easyle"] Special 3D T.V.ogvampire

Sony Bravia 3D HDTV and PS3. I'm wondering if these games will play on the Samsung LED 3D HDTV's. Will the PS3 be compatible with non Sony 3D HDTV's? Anyone know the answer to that?

as far as i know, you just need an HDTV with a 120hz refresh rate.... the manufacturer doesnt matter

Maybe it's just for 3-D Blu-Ray movies then.
#302 Posted by toast_burner (21450 posts) -

Even Duke Nukem 3d had jet packs so im not sure why anyone would say they are unique to Halo

#303 Posted by telefanatic (2868 posts) -

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"] You're missing the point. The Killzone universe had jetpacks before the jetpacks in Halo 3 were debuted (the brutes with the jetpacks). Keep in mind though, both games had a year in between game releases so I'm sure both had that idea without knowing the other had it, so I'm sure we can dismiss the whole thing about copying. If anything the guys who did jetpacks well (and as far as I'm concerned the ONLY good display of jetpacks) was in tribes and tribes 2.sayonara89

Elites- jetpacks- Halo 2.

/

Jetpacks are nothing new in games.

All i will say is Tribes and Tribes 2 for the PC did that 10 years ago so there you go buddy.

#304 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -

Ewwww 3d pass. I got another HDTV last year, and am in no mood to spend another 1k+ for a 3DTV.Fizzman

You don't need 3DTV to enjoy the game :) besides, this gen 3DTV in games cost some graphics

#307 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

/

HavocV3

no way, Halo obviously invented them:|

So I checked Wikipedia and... you're right :|
#308 Posted by toast_burner (21450 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

/

MaskedHoodlum

wow so after all that talk about how halo reach copied warhawk you backpedal and say they're unoriginal? :lol: you're pathetic

Did he actually say that? :lol:

#309 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] Sony Bravia 3D HDTV and PS3. I'm wondering if these games will play on the Samsung LED 3D HDTV's. Will the PS3 be compatible with non Sony 3D HDTV's? Anyone know the answer to that? blackace

as far as i know, you just need an HDTV with a 120hz refresh rate.... the manufacturer doesnt matter

nah... its just marketing

they are trying to make you think that you need a specific brand to watch 3d... dont believe them

#310 Posted by mD- (4314 posts) -

[QUOTE="MaskedHoodlum"][QUOTE="sayonara89"] Jetpacks are nothing new in games.toast_burner

wow so after all that talk about how halo reach copied warhawk you backpedal and say they're unoriginal? :lol: you're pathetic

If true that's sad if you ask me
#311 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="MaskedHoodlum"][QUOTE="sayonara89"] Jetpacks are nothing new in games.toast_burner

I did, but I wasn't serious ;)
#312 Posted by Chutebox (36668 posts) -
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] Sony Bravia 3D HDTV and PS3. I'm wondering if these games will play on the Samsung LED 3D HDTV's. Will the PS3 be compatible with non Sony 3D HDTV's? Anyone know the answer to that? blackace

From what I gathered from avsforum, I could have got it wrong, but you need 120HZ and an OED tv for some reason. If it's 120HZ only , then I'm set!
#313 Posted by RonTorque (895 posts) -
Great to know, i'll be waiting for it then. Thanks for the post.
#314 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Chutebox

From what I gathered from avsforum, I could have got it wrong, but you need 120HZ and an OED tv for some reason. If it's 120HZ only , then I'm set!

hm... not sure how accurate that is since the current batch of '3d' tv's are LCD/LED

and as far as i know, there arent any OLED HDTV's on the market yet....

#315 Posted by Delsage (3355 posts) -

So it's Killzone 3D ;)

sayonara89
Very nice observation. :D Now this is a game that people should look forward too in graphics. I bet the 3D environments will be Mind blowing! :D
#316 Posted by Chutebox (36668 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="blackace"] Maybe it's just for 3-D Blu-Ray movies then.ogvampire

hm... not sure how accurate that is since the current batch of '3d' tv's are LCD/LED

Ya, I don't know. Hoping for 120HZ only.
#317 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] From what I gathered from avsforum, I could have got it wrong, but you need 120HZ and an OED tv for some reason. If it's 120HZ only , then I'm set!Chutebox

Ya, I don't know. Hoping for 120HZ only.

im pretty sure thats all you need

#318 Posted by Giancar (19050 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Ewwww 3d pass. I got another HDTV last year, and am in no mood to spend another 1k+ for a 3DTV.

sergemyster8

yea same here

you can play it the normal way, people that want to spend an extra cash to enjoy it 3d...well great for them
#319 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Lets hope it isn't generic this time.
#320 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

nah... its just marketing

they are trying to make you think that you need a specific brand to watch 3d... dont believe them

Yeah, it was the same with BraviaLink in slims, in reality it's HDMI-CEC a offical remote control over HDMI standard and it worked with any other HDMI-CEC TV, to be more funnier they also have some stupid names for that standard :p but it's all the same

Oh and about 3DTV, it's about transmiting 2 chanell of frames, same as stereo audio :) PS3 will transmit 2 seperate frames as one and it don't care how output device will deliver them to your eyes to allow you to see 3D. In other words if in future there will be glasses-less solutions, PS3 will work on them as long it's had HDMI

#322 Posted by Ringx55 (5967 posts) -
Improve the story and you got yourself a fantastic game. I'm starting to wonder what Sony has up it's sleeves for E3 though.
#323 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"][QUOTE="crusadernm"]

Me and millions and millions of people have to disagree with that. People vote with their wallets.

crusadernm

Yep because games like Wii Resort and Wii Fit are SUCH better games than say Mass Effect or Demon's Souls

Why are you bringing in Wii Fit? I'm talking about hardcore shooters here.

Yeah, COD is "hardcore". :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: No. :|
#324 Posted by Aboogie5 (1118 posts) -

killer story this game needs and we gonna get a 9.5!

#325 Posted by Ryan_Som (2336 posts) -

Lucky for me, my 65" Mitubishi DLP HDTV is 120Hz and 3D Ready. 8)

#329 Posted by Night-Wolf93 (1260 posts) -

Killzone 2 is one of my favorite Games for my PS3 specially the multiplayer but i just hope it has co-op but anyways im so excited that part 3 is going to come out.

#330 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

Looks the same as first one,ps3 is MAXED confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!! /jk

It looks very good,they will probably lose a bit of that fine lightning duo to change of settings but winter will be awesome.

And BTW i dont know who is the imbecile in Sony to release and announce the game 3 weeks before E3?Couldnt they wait a bit?LOL...they must have some hack of games for E3 or much move games...

Bus-A-Bus
Sony didn't announce the game yet, gamepro did. ;)
#331 Posted by bigboss5ak (2844 posts) -
I bought kz2 and though the graphics were great it was just another stale shooter and not enjoyable in the least. Id have to see alot of improved game play before i could even begin to take kz3 serious. Last time ill fall for just pretty graphics in a game
#332 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -
kill .... zone .... mofo .... 3 ......... can't wait for E3.
#333 Posted by KBFloYd (13205 posts) -

ps3 gamers hyping a bad game like killzone... shame on you.

#334 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

Most excellent. I loved Killzone 2 and cannot wait for 3.

#335 Posted by nervmeister (15196 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miroku32"]Hope they kill Rico this time. R3FURBISHED
I hope I get to kill Rico this time

Same here.
#336 Posted by Aboogie5 (1118 posts) -

ps3 gamers hyping a bad game like killzone... shame on you.

KBFloYd

Of course. Now please go back to praising your 58th iteration of mario in the thread.

#337 Posted by bobbleheadrogue (2203 posts) -
[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"]

Being AAA, I am sure it was as good as better than MANY shooters out there,if not as good as some other blockbuster titles.

That may be true, but its missing that special something which brings tier 2 games like Killzone 2 to tier 1 games like COD, and Halo 3, and Gears.

I smell a fanboy, especially when someone mentions Halo and Gears.

...Halo ODST and COD got the same score as Killzone 2 did at GS...what are you on about?
#338 Posted by bobbleheadrogue (2203 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Looks the same as first one,ps3 is MAXED confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!! /jk

It looks very good,they will probably lose a bit of that fine lightning duo to change of settings but winter will be awesome.

And BTW i dont know who is the imbecile in Sony to release and announce the game 3 weeks before E3?Couldnt they wait a bit?LOL...they must have some hack of games for E3 or much move games...

Sony didn't announce the game yet, gamepro did. ;)

So did IGN: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1092064p1.html
#339 Posted by Megaman5364 (2912 posts) -

Killzone 2 was a good game, but not better than others out there. This will only appeal to Killzone fans though. Bigger name games coming out are Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops.

crusadernm
Killzone 3 will stomp on all of those games :D omg Im so exited now !
#341 Posted by Heirren (16572 posts) -

I guess this somewhat spoils Sonys E3 direction. Games in 3D--being controlled in 3D with the Move. Imo, this makes me look forward to what the move can do.

#343 Posted by larryb007 (344 posts) -

release date 2013 have fun waiting (i think your little racing game might be coming out the week before)

#344 Posted by RurouniSaiyajin (4951 posts) -

Wow. Best news I've heard all month. Now I have something to look forward to at E3. Can't wait to hear more about this one ^,^

#345 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -
Hope they kill Rico this time. Miroku32
I hope so too... most unlikable character i've ever played with.. not so much annyoing like Brucie from GTA4... i can deal with annoying.. i just effin'g hate that character.
#346 Posted by brandojones (3103 posts) -

Lol, this topic made it on Destructoid.com and Gameinformer.com

Thanks for posting:)

#347 Posted by Nu2u (5 posts) -

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"]

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

Killzone 2 was a good game, but not better than others out there. This will only appeal to Killzone fans though. Bigger name games coming out are Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops.

crusadernm

Being AAA, I am sure it was as good as better than MANY shooters out there,if not as good as some other blockbuster titles.

That may be true, but its missing that special something which brings tier 2 games like Killzone 2 to tier 1 games like COD, and Halo 3, and Gears.

Dude, you're just pulling generalisations out of thin air without any basis in fact.

WTF is "tier 1 and tier 2"to you? Someone else already called shenanigans on your sales/quality argument, but fact is KZ2 remains the best selling FPS on PS3 behind RFOM.

You call Gears of War tier 1 without stating your reasons...even though Gears of War 2's online HAS BEEN BROKEN SINCE DAY ONE! CLiffy B even SAID SO recently, apologising for the failure. Google it. KZ2 had a deeponline with high player counts, dedicated servers and matchmaking that actually WORKED...yet you claim it's not tier 1? Even with a Metacritic over 90?

Speaking of Metacritic, let's go there. You brought up Call of Duty as a better tier 1 game. KZ2 came out the same year as Call of Duty: World at War. COD: WAW had a Meta score of 84...EIGHTY FOUR...while KZ2 has a Meta' that same year of 91.

91 > 84. So don't sayKZ wasn't top tier in 2009 when it even bested COD.

You brought up Halo as well. Halo 3 ODST, came out the same year as KZ2 as well. Another tier 1 franchise in your opinion that had a Meta' score of...get this...83. EIGHTY THREE. That's even lower than the aforementioned COD game.

91 > 83.

So in 2009, KZ2 critically bested both COD and Halo, had an online that actually worked, and became one of the best selling consoleFPS's to date. It's cool if you don't like it, but saying it's tier 2 because it wasn't "special foryou", well yeah, that's gonna get you some disagrees.

#348 Posted by Nu2u (5 posts) -

Quick edit, by year I meant fiscal for COD, with COD: WAW coming out only a couple months before KZ2.

Halo 3 ODST was the same 'calender' year as KZ. You know what I mean ;)

#349 Posted by gammon56 (779 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nu2u"]

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"]

Dude, you're just pulling generalisations out of thin air without any basis in fact.

WTF is "tier 1 and tier 2"to you? Someone else already called shenanigans on your sales/quality argument, but fact is KZ2 remains the best selling FPS on PS3 behind RFOM.

You call Gears of War tier 1 without stating your reasons...even though Gears of War 2's online HAS BEEN BROKEN SINCE DAY ONE! CLiffy B even SAID SO recently, apologising for the failure. Google it. KZ2 had a deeponline with high player counts, dedicated servers and matchmaking that actually WORKED...yet you claim it's not tier 1? Even with a Metacritic over 90?

Speaking of Metacritic, let's go there. You brought up Call of Duty as a better tier 1 game. KZ2 came out the same year as Call of Duty: World at War. COD: WAW had a Meta score of 84...EIGHTY FOUR...while KZ2 has a Meta' that same year of 91.

91 > 84. So don't sayKZ wasn't top tier in 2009 when it even bested COD.

You brought up Halo as well. Halo 3 ODST, came out the same year as KZ2 as well. Another tier 1 franchise in your opinion that had a Meta' score of...get this...83. EIGHTY THREE. That's even lower than the aforementioned COD game.

91 > 83.

So in 2009, KZ2 critically bested both COD and Halo, had an online that actually worked, and became one of the best selling consoleFPS's to date. It's cool if you don't like it, but saying it's tier 2 because it wasn't "special foryou", well yeah, that's gonna get you some disagrees.

Odst was an expansion Bungie didnt want to charge 60 they said so. So compare the 93 of halo 3 not its expansion. KZ2 is a great game lems can not deny it. Halo is a great game cows can not deny it.
#350 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

Killzone 3 powered by Uncharted 2 graphics engine

Linkhttp://i50.tinypic.com/fnhk4i.gif