Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] I think they really need too, QAA is old and not funny :P I hoped for Move/3D free game that will max out SPU's, but this looks better than I thought ;)sayonara89

I always thought QAA is perfect for KZ...its a bit blurry yes but it smooths edges better and with more post processing,motion and object blur it seemed very good.KZ is game that does not need MLAA,and MLAA is expensive.For 3D they are going with higher FPS,60fps,so their frame time will be 16 ms,depending on how much spus have they would lose about 20 ms,thats whole lot of it since KZ2 was very though on them.Who knows,maybe without 3D you get MLAA,with it you get QAA...

We'll see ;) But i really hope that U3 won't use any of "this sh** and max out PS3 :P

Crytek will take care of that :D Here is newest info about it...

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=873&Itemid=1

Those scans were most likely console shoots,and its confirmed they didnt even optimize game yet on consoles but it ran at good fps with seemingly unlimited draw distance...it looks like we have a fight :D

#252 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

Found this on NG :lol:

#253 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Awesome, KZ2 is still one of the best looking games, and one of the hardest FPS single player games I've played. Still haven't finished it on Elite, probably not going to either, don't like doing that to myself.

toast_burner
Killzone 2 on elite was the best FPS experience I have had on consoles this gen. The last level was pure epicness

Especially when Rico.. does something stupid and very admirable.
#254 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

sayonara89

Hahaha awesome :lol:

#255 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

I always thought QAA is perfect for KZ...its a bit blurry yes but it smooths edges better and with more post processing,motion and object blur it seemed very good.KZ is game that does not need MLAA,and MLAA is expensive.For 3D they are going with higher FPS,60fps,so their frame time will be 16 ms,depending on how much spus have they would lose about 20 ms,thats whole lot of it since KZ2 was very though on them.Who knows,maybe without 3D you get MLAA,with it you get QAA...

Bus-A-Bus

We'll see ;) But i really hope that U3 won't use any of "this sh** and max out PS3 :P

Those scans were most likely console shoots,and its confirmed they didnt even optimize game yet on consoles but it ran at good fps with seemingly unlimited draw distance...it looks like we have a fight :D

Killzone 3 gameplay and Crysis 2 gameplay, I need to see those!!!, Now!!!!!!! :D
#256 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] We'll see ;) But i really hope that U3 won't use any of "this sh** and max out PS3 :P

sayonara89

Killzone 3 gameplay and Crysis 2 gameplay, I need to see those!!!, Now!!!!!!! :D

Wait for 2.5 weeks. :)
#257 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

sayonara89

It was better when it was just Kutaragi without the mask. :P

#258 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] We'll see ;) But i really hope that U3 won't use any of "this sh** and max out PS3 :P

sayonara89

OO thats for sure...i wonder if we will be able to see 3D from the trailers and videos?I dont know how that **** works...

#259 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

OO thats for sure...i wonder if we will be able to see 3D from the trailers and videos?I dont know how that **** works...

No :( They will show 2D version.

#260 Posted by Aggie_CEO (7 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

Killzone 2 was a good game, but not better than others out there. This will only appeal to Killzone fans though. Bigger name games coming out are Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops.

RogueShodown

The only thing I didn't like about Killzone 2's multiplayer was the slowness(lag?), turret/flying bots limit(forgot the name), and the fact that your own teammates could blow them up. You could hardly go a minute without your teammate blowing your turrets up in order from them to set one of their own. Then, if any of the other engineers or tacticians saw the spot open up, they'd immediately deploy a turret and the cycle would continue. If they fixed these problems, KZ3 will be incredible. Obviously, you haven't play KZ2, so there's no point for me to tell you why you're wrong.

The bots didnt bother me at all....I like em...and if someone took out my bot and put theirs up I just returned the favor....usually I only played with friends or my clan anyways so I didn't have that issue much

#261 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"] Lol that has to be good.TREAL_Since

not always... Dark Void had the same thing

Yeah, but it's not the same developers :wink:

Also, it there's supposed to be hand-to-hand combat? Did I read that correctly?

yup, but i was just making the point that its not automatically a good thing. nope GG uses it well

#262 Posted by zero_snake99 (3478 posts) -
For the record everyone, Killzone LIberation had jetpacks. Herp derp...
#263 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20034 posts) -

I'll definitely be getting this! I can't wait for Killzone 3 to come out in the EU!

#264 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]For the record everyone, Killzone LIberation had jetpacks. Herp derp...

Lol. I forgot about that.
#265 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]For the record everyone, Killzone LIberation had jetpacks. Herp derp...

I hope this will end up this stupid BS about copying.
#266 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -

I hope they add new and better weapons cus the ones from kz2 were kinda boring.

#267 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

I have they add new and better weapons cus the ones from kz2 were kinda boring.Solid_Tango

The Halo guns were even more boring for the most part.

#268 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Another shooter.....

treedoor

if thats so uninteresting why did you come to this forum?

#269 Posted by batman_is_aweso (2762 posts) -

I love how u didn't upload the entire logo of KZ3 in one picture

#270 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Solid_Tango
While I don't think they were boring (far from it!) I do hope they add a bunch more and make some futuristic :).
#271 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

So it's Killzone 3D ;)

#272 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -

I wish this game will be out for the X360. Hope Guerrilla Games won't be bought out so early in the future. Damn SCEA.

#273 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -
[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]

TREAL_Since
While I don't think they were boring (far from it!) I do hope they add a bunch more and make some futuristic :).

Thats exactly what i was thinking , i want more futuristic guns, like some ones with laser or sum :P
#274 Posted by toast_burner (21427 posts) -

I wish this game will be out for the X360. Hope Guerrilla Games won't be bought out so early in the future. Damn SCEA.

dissembled
They are already owned by Sony and its SCEE
#275 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

I love how u didn't upload the entire logo of KZ3 in one picture

batman_is_aweso
I did. But the other half has the helghast on it, so it got split in 2.
#276 Posted by Nike_Air (18314 posts) -

sayonara89

They should put Rico's head on it.

#277 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Awesome, KZ2 is still one of the best looking games, and one of the hardest FPS single player games I've played. Still haven't finished it on Elite, probably not going to either, don't like doing that to myself.

Easyle

Killzone 2 on elite was the best FPS experience I have had on consoles this gen. The last level was pure epicness

Especially when Rico.. does something stupid and very admirable.

Yeah, I felt I could accomplish the same thing by having my neighbors kids kick me in the nuts for an hour.

#278 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11195 posts) -

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]For the record everyone, Killzone LIberation had jetpacks. Herp derp...sayonara89

Killzon Liberation wasnt a actual shooter though,couldnt really use jetpacks.

This is different. Both Reach and KZ3 are FPS and have jetpacks.

#279 Posted by Led_poison (10141 posts) -
[QUOTE="dissembled"]

toast_burner

And they did have a multi platform game, and it was terrible :|
#280 Posted by Nike_Air (18314 posts) -

Loved the weapons in Killzone 2. Boltgun = awesome , Electricity Gun = awesome , Sniper Rifle = great , Rocket Launcher = great , Flamethrower = great , standard rifles werea mix of great/good/badand the pistol was powerful. Loved the cover system too. And the graphics , and the sound , and the art , and the intensity. My god , Killzone 2 is a beastly game .....the good points just go on and on and on and on.

#281 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="dissembled"]

Led_poison

ShellShock: Nam '67 - 5.4

Killzone - 6.9

Killzone 2 - 9.0

Killzone 3 - ?

They're getting better and better ;)

#282 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="zero_snake99"]For the record everyone, Killzone LIberation had jetpacks. Herp derp...Shirokishi_

Still its been in the series before, so people can stop saying it ripped off Reach.
#283 Posted by RavenLoud (2873 posts) -

Sounds good, hoping they tweeked the controls and add split screen and co-op play.

gago-gago
THIS. I know this sounds annoying, but no co-op = no buy for me.
#284 Posted by blackace (20272 posts) -
[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

Will the 3D require a special TV or just a good HD TV and glasses?

Easyle
Special 3D T.V.

Sony Bravia 3D HDTV and PS3. I'm wondering if these games will play on the Samsung LED 3D HDTV's. Will the PS3 be compatible with non Sony 3D HDTV's? Anyone know the answer to that?
#285 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -
[QUOTE="gago-gago"]

Sounds good, hoping they tweeked the controls and add split screen and co-op play.

RavenLoud
THIS. I know this sounds annoying, but no co-op = no buy for me.

I think Guerrilla said that co-op will be in their next game around the time KZ2 launched.
#286 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

no co-op?

meh..........

meh:|

#287 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Led_poison"][QUOTE="toast_burner"] They are already owned by Sony and its SCEEsayonara89

ShellShock: Nam '67 - 5.4

Killzone - 6.9

Killzone 2 - 9.0

Killzone 3 - ?

They're getting better and better ;)

doesnt quite work that way

#288 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Easyle"][QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

blackace

Special 3D T.V.

Sony Bravia 3D HDTV and PS3. I'm wondering if these games will play on the Samsung LED 3D HDTV's. Will the PS3 be compatible with non Sony 3D HDTV's? Anyone know the answer to that?

as far as i know, you just need an HDTV with a 120hz refresh rate.... the manufacturer doesnt matter

#289 Posted by zero_snake99 (3478 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="zero_snake99"]For the record everyone, Killzone LIberation had jetpacks. Herp derp...Shirokishi_

You're missing the point. The Killzone universe had jetpacks before the jetpacks in Halo 3 were debuted (the brutes with the jetpacks). Keep in mind though, both games had a year in between game releases so I'm sure both had that idea without knowing the other had it, so I'm sure we can dismiss the whole thing about copying. If anything the guys who did jetpacks well (and as far as I'm concerned the ONLY good display of jetpacks) was in tribes and tribes 2.
#290 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] I hope this will end up this stupid BS about copying.zero_snake99

You're missing the point. The Killzone universe had jetpacks before the jetpacks in Halo 3 were debuted (the brutes with the jetpacks). Keep in mind though, both games had a year in between game releases so I'm sure both had that idea without knowing the other had it, so I'm sure we can dismiss the whole thing about copying. If anything the guys who did jetpacks well (and as far as I'm concerned the ONLY good display of jetpacks) was in tribes and tribes 2.

Elites- jetpacks- Halo 2.

/

#291 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -
[QUOTE="Easyle"][QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

blackace
Special 3D T.V.

It will work with every 120Hz - HDMI 1.4 tv.
#292 Posted by Diviniuz (6460 posts) -
No changes in Combat from the previous game.... Not going to even bother with it
#293 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

HavocV3

/

Jetpacks are nothing new in games.
#294 Posted by lawlessx (46550 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] I hope this will end up this stupid BS about copying.zero_snake99

jetpacks were used in halo 2
#295 Posted by Fizzman (9869 posts) -

Ewwww 3d pass. I got another HDTV last year, and am in no mood to spend another 1k+ for a 3DTV.

#296 Posted by IppoTenma (2972 posts) -

Just got KZ2 from SwitchGames. If it lives up to awesomeness I'll be picking this up as well.

#297 Posted by telefanatic (2864 posts) -

Cant wait!! And no GG dont listen to anyone here the combat was perfect in killzone 2 so keep it that way.

#298 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"] You're missing the point. The Killzone universe had jetpacks before the jetpacks in Halo 3 were debuted (the brutes with the jetpacks). Keep in mind though, both games had a year in between game releases so I'm sure both had that idea without knowing the other had it, so I'm sure we can dismiss the whole thing about copying. If anything the guys who did jetpacks well (and as far as I'm concerned the ONLY good display of jetpacks) was in tribes and tribes 2.sayonara89

/

Jetpacks are nothing new in games.

no way, Halo obviously invented them:|

#299 Posted by da_illest101 (7414 posts) -

killzone 2 is my favorite fps, so i'm looking forward to k3

#300 Posted by sergemyster8 (1749 posts) -

Ewwww 3d pass. I got another HDTV last year, and am in no mood to spend another 1k+ for a 3DTV.

Fizzman

yea same here