Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

I refuse to buy it if the save file is locked down like they did with Killzone 2. gmastersexay
I agree locked saves are annoying, but how can something so insignificant stop you from buying a game:?

#202 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10200 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

Why does everyone hate Rico lol? I only played the demo of KZ2 but he didn't seem so bad, is he really that annoying? Like Baird/Cole annoying or worse?

cowgriller

Hes not as bad as Cole. but just like Cole, he is incredibly stupid

nah, Cole was great. though he did seem to get some sort of "thrill" by killing locusts.

Cole is awesome, he is funny and witty...plus he doesn't die a hundred times every level and you are the sole person in the world who can revive him. RICO! Look at this and emulate it!

#203 Posted by karsa-orlong (536 posts) -

man what the hell are they gonna reveal at e3 is they're already revealing kz3(cant wait)/lb2(seems pretty cool)

#204 Posted by cowgriller (3153 posts) -

[QUOTE="N00bTuber"]The SW is OVER, the 360 has been KILLZOWNED for the lat time! Glorious day \o/789shadow

Welcome to SW.

i'm pretty sure he's trolled here before with a different name.

#205 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
The SW is OVER, the 360 has been KILLZOWNED for the lat time! Glorious day \o/N00bTuber
What a mature human being you must be
#206 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

"2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-**** 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

P.s. You should all mark your calendars for March 13th"

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4992967#post4992967

FIipMode

:shock: nice

:o Agreed.

WOOW i really cant wait!

#207 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Where the hell are the scans? Gahhh

789shadow

You are not allowed to post English-language scans.

US-based magazine scans, actually.

#208 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

"2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.

According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-**** 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

Bus-A-Bus

if this isnt an exaggeration, then by the hammer of thor!!!

If anyone can make some cool new features in their games(as far as tech and 3d "gimick" goes) its GG.Even though...Avatar?Really?Thats CGi in 3d,in 1080p :D

Some guy said that 360 version of Crysis 2 looks better han C1 on PC :P They are probably using MLAA, so they don't need to do full 720p buffers for each eye in 3D, so performance won't be affected that much, I really hope for splitscreen/60fps or both in 2D mode sience they have some resources to spare :P

#209 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Teufelhuhn

You are not allowed to post English-language scans.

US-based magazine scans, actually.

Whatever, technicalities. :P

#210 Posted by cowgriller (3153 posts) -

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"] Hes not as bad as Cole. but just like Cole, he is incredibly stupid R3FURBISHED

nah, Cole was great. though he did seem to get some sort of "thrill" by killing locusts.

Cole is awesome, he is funny and witty...plus he doesn't die a hundred times every level and you are the sole person in the world who can revive him. RICO! Look at this and emulate it!

and Cole actually kills enemies, unlike Rico that acts like a bullet sponge.

#211 Posted by N00bTuber (264 posts) -

[QUOTE="N00bTuber"]The SW is OVER, the 360 has been KILLZOWNED for the lat time! Glorious day \o/789shadow

Welcome to SW.

Thank you kind sir!
#212 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
If you guys want to view scans.. go here. http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Korialstrasz?n=y
#213 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -
The SW is OVER, the 360 has been KILLZOWNED for the lat time! Glorious day \o/N00bTuber
Stop trolling.
#214 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Bus-A-Bus

There are some cool new pictures of one highly anticipated game at GAMETRAILERS FORUM :D

Well since the Killzone 3 scans are nowhere to be found... maybe I'll head over there. ;)

lol thanks.

#215 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]if this isnt an exaggeration, then by the hammer of thor!!!

sayonara89

If anyone can make some cool new features in their games(as far as tech and 3d "gimick" goes) its GG.Even though...Avatar?Really?Thats CGi in 3d,in 1080p :D

Some guy said that 360 version of Crysis 2 looks better han C1 on PC :P They are probably using MLAA, so they don't need to do full 720p buffers for each eye in 3D, so performance won't be affected that much, I really hope for splitscreen/60fps or both in 2D mode sience they have some resources to spare :P

Does MLAA have some relations with doing 3D?

#216 Posted by Alpha-Male22 (3782 posts) -

I am freaking going insane!

The focus this time will be on GAMEPLAY and I can't wait to see how this does! Gameplay + amazing graphics = all around win.

OMG I'm so excited :D

#217 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

jamejame
You can see em on N4G now.
#218 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

jamejame

There are some cool new pictures of one highly anticipated game at GAMETRAILERS FORUM :D

Well since the Killzone 3 scans are nowhere to be found... maybe I'll head over there. ;)

lol thanks.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Korialstrasz?n=y :P
#219 Posted by PabloEscobar20 (837 posts) -

Will the 3D require a special TV or just a good HD TV and glasses?

#220 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Another shooter.....

#221 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

and Cole actually kills enemies, unlike Rico that acts like a bullet sponge.

Both are pretty piss poor characters :P
#222 Posted by Chutebox (36434 posts) -

sayonara89

Wow, sounds awesome. March 13th release date?

#223 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

PabloEscobar20

Thats what im wondering also...i would say TV also since everybody were saying they need to buy new TVs.

#224 Posted by blackace (20007 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"]

Being AAA, I am sure it was as good as better than MANY shooters out there,if not as good as some other blockbuster titles.

R3FURBISHED

That may be true, but its missing that special something which brings tier 2 games like Killzone 2 to tier 1 games like COD, and Halo 3, and Gears.

Killzone II was definitely better than any recent Call of Duty game.

Not in everybody's eye it wasn't. It was a very good game, but not great. I gave it an 8.5 score. Mainly because it had some control issues and the story wasn't perfect. It still scored well by the critics. Better then the first game, that's for sure. Looked as good as Gear 2 and a little better then Halo 3.
#225 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

PabloEscobar20
Special 3D T.V.
#226 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

PabloEscobar20
New tv.
#227 Posted by mushi799 (1162 posts) -

Socom 4, Killzone 3, Resistance 3 = All the same to me, sony FPS.

#228 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Another shooter.....

treedoor
If it bothers you so much then ignore it... its simple.
#229 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

Proper AA method is most important in 3D

"It's the way the brain perceives the world. But if you're going to do that, you need really good anti-aliasing. If in doubt, it's better to have low-resolution images with great anti-aliasing than higher-resolution images with a lot of scintillating pixels going on."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-making-of-ps3-3d-article

#230 Posted by The__Havoc (2350 posts) -

- Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."

Easyle

Improved controls please.......

#231 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

mushi799

All 3 of those are made by different developers. Socom isn't even an FPS.

#232 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

Bus-A-Bus

Thats what im wondering also...i would say TV also since everybody were saying they need to buy new TVs.

from what i understand, any hdtv with at least 120hz refresh rate is 3d ready

#233 Posted by Episode_Eve (16986 posts) -
Jetpacks have a machine gun on it :o, nice.FIipMode
Lol that has to be good. [spoiler] reminds me of Kick-Ass [/spoiler]
#234 Posted by toast_burner (21321 posts) -

[QUOTE="Easyle"]

- Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."

The__Havoc

Improved controls please.......

What was wrong with the controls?

#235 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

Seeing as I've been playing a lot of KZ2 lately I'm psyched for this. If they polish up the gameplay and kill off Rico it'll be great.

#236 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

[QUOTE="mushi799"]

Teufelhuhn

All 3 of those are made by different developers. Socom isn't even an FPS.

They are studios owned by Sony though. (Or studios contracted to make them exclusive games)

#237 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]Jetpacks have a machine gun on it :o, nice.Episode_Eve
Lol that has to be good. [spoiler] reminds me of Kick-Ass [/spoiler]

not always... Dark Void had the same thing

#238 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] Some guy said that 360 version of Crysis 2 looks better han C1 on PC :P They are probably using MLAA, so they don't need to do full 720p buffers for each eye in 3D, so performance won't be affected that much, I really hope for splitscreen/60fps or both in 2D mode sience they have some resources to spare :P

sayonara89

"It's the way the brain perceives the world. But if you're going to do that, you need really good anti-aliasing. If in doubt, it's better to have low-resolution images with great anti-aliasing than higher-resolution images with a lot of scintillating pixels going on."

Oh ok...I however doubt they will use MLAA with 3D and even bigger scale and all...nevermind,game should look good as ever without 3D.Im planning to buy me new rig before Crysis 2 and ps3 before August.Now they say 3D TV...yea right,i dont need that really.

Anyway,it seems that both,KZ3 and C2 gone step further,C2 with destructibility and procedural deformation while KZ3 went with 3D.It should be one hack of a battle :D

#239 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

Oh ok...I however doubt they will use MLAA with 3D and even bigger scale and all...nevermind,game should look good as ever without 3D.Im planning to buy me new rig before Crysis 2 and ps3 before August.Now they say 3D TV...yea right,i dont need that really.

Anyway,it seems that both,KZ3 and C2 gone step further,C2 with destructibility and procedural deformation while KZ3 went with 3D.It should be one hack of a battle :D

I think they really need too, QAA is old and not funny :P I hoped for Move/3D free game that will max out SPU's, but this looks better than I thought ;)
#240 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

Chutebox

Wow, sounds awesome. March 13th release date?

Ohhh snap!

I have to get a 3D TV. If it's better than Avatar, then I'm gonna flip.

Can't wait to see KZTrey at E3 :D.

#241 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

Awesome, KZ2 is still one of the best looking games, and one of the hardest FPS single player games I've played. Still haven't finished it on Elite, probably not going to either, don't like doing that to myself.

#242 Posted by rolo107 (5470 posts) -
I had a lot of hopes for this game, and to me, it looks like more of the same. It needed a major overhaul to be appealing. Killzone 2 felt so close to being a game I would love, but far enough a way that I disliked it. I'll rent this one for sure though.
#243 Posted by mD- (4314 posts) -

Awesome, KZ2 is still one of the best looking games, and one of the hardest FPS single player games I've played. Still haven't finished it on Elite, probably not going to either, don't like doing that to myself.

Pug-Nasty
why would u do that to yourself? Elite?
#244 Posted by Sp4rtan_3 (3495 posts) -
*Yawn* after this year my FPS hype is at an ALL TIME LOW. Reach and MoH are going to be the last ones a buy for a while.
#245 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="FIipMode"]Jetpacks have a machine gun on it :o, nice.ogvampire

Lol that has to be good.

not always... Dark Void had the same thing

Yeah, but it's not the same developers :wink:

Also, it there's supposed to be hand-to-hand combat? Did I read that correctly?

#246 Posted by toast_burner (21321 posts) -

Pug-Nasty
Killzone 2 on elite was the best FPS experience I have had on consoles this gen. The last level was pure epicness
#247 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] Proper AA method is most important in 3D

sayonara89

I think they really need too, QAA is old and not funny :P I hoped for Move/3D free game that will max out SPU's, but this looks better than I thought ;)

I always thought QAA is perfect for KZ...its a bit blurry yes but it smooths edges better and with more post processing,motion and object blur it seemed very good.KZ is game that does not need MLAA,and MLAA is expensive.For 3D they are going with higher FPS,60fps,so their frame time will be 16 ms,depending on how much spus have they would lose about 20 ms,thats whole lot of it since KZ2 was very though on them.Who knows,maybe without 3D you get MLAA,with it you get QAA...

#248 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

I always thought QAA is perfect for KZ...its a bit blurry yes but it smooths edges better and with more post processing,motion and object blur it seemed very good.KZ is game that does not need MLAA,and MLAA is expensive.For 3D they are going with higher FPS,60fps,so their frame time will be 16 ms,depending on how much spus have they would lose about 20 ms,thats whole lot of it since KZ2 was very though on them.Who knows,maybe without 3D you get MLAA,with it you get QAA...

We'll see ;) But i really hope that U3 won't use any of "this sh** and max out PS3 :P

#249 Posted by PabloEscobar20 (837 posts) -

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

Easyle

Special 3D T.V.

So basically all those amazing effects will only be experienced by the minority? :(

They should just rent out 50 inch 3D TVs with the game lol. Might even help PS3 sales.

#250 Posted by RogueShodown (2818 posts) -

Killzone 2 was a good game, but not better than others out there. This will only appeal to Killzone fans though. Bigger name games coming out are Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops.

crusadernm
The only thing I didn't like about Killzone 2's multiplayer was the slowness(lag?), turret/flying bots limit(forgot the name), and the fact that your own teammates could blow them up. You could hardly go a minute without your teammate blowing your turrets up in order from them to set one of their own. Then, if any of the other engineers or tacticians saw the spot open up, they'd immediately deploy a turret and the cycle would continue. If they fixed these problems, KZ3 will be incredible. Obviously, you haven't play KZ2, so there's no point for me to tell you why you're wrong.