Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
So you guys like my screenshots? :P
#102 Posted by aaronmullan (33406 posts) -
Awesome. Sounds great.
#103 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

Looks the same as first one,ps3 is MAXED confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!! /jk

It looks very good,they will probably lose a bit of that fine lightning duo to change of settings but winter will be awesome.

Bus-A-Bus
They added stereoscopic 3D, wich means that game is 60fps in default or graphic will be downgraded (only in this mode I hope).
#104 Posted by ZippySlappy (2664 posts) -

Nice work TC.

Is that a fur coat the helghast's wearing,lol?

#105 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

It looks very good,they will probably lose a bit of that fine lightning duo to change of settings but winter will be awesome.

And BTW i dont know who is the imbecile in Sony to release and announce the game 3 weeks before E3?Couldnt they wait a bit?LOL...they must have some hack of games for E3 or much move games...

Bus-A-Bus
Well at least it wasn't a leak :P
#106 Posted by Chutebox (37384 posts) -

Nice work TC.

ZippySlappy

I fully expect PETA to fight this game.

#107 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

Nice work TC.

ZippySlappy

Yep its a fur coat. Everyone else in the photo is wearing them as well.

#108 Posted by Zero5000X (8218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]Just because more than one game has jetpacks doesn't mean one copied another. It isn't like Warhawk invented jetpacks and anything that uses them is copying it.Chutebox
That's the point those mentioning Warhawk are trying to make.

Doesn't look that way for most of them.
#109 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

sayonara89
They added stereoscopic 3D, wich means that game is 60fps in default or graphic will be downgraded (only in this mode I hope).

If true this would be great for the general feel of the game
#110 Posted by N00bTuber (264 posts) -
Wow the 360 is NEVER going to catch up :lol:
#111 Posted by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

The KZ3 jetpacks look alot like the PD0 "jetpacks", anyone else seeing the resemblance. ? (not saying its copying)

#112 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"] Oh god. I was just saying, SALES =/= QUALITY! :|killa4lyfe

Some games have both.

Sadly, the last COD didn't have the latter. :|

Says who? You? Sorry I go by gamerankings and metacritic scores.

#113 Posted by ZippySlappy (2664 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZippySlappy"]

Nice work TC.

*pic*

*pic*

Easyle

Yep its a fur coat. Everyone else in the photo is wearing them as well.

Very stylish. :P

#114 Posted by Stringerboy (7092 posts) -

Hopefully they'll fix those godawful controls this time around, I don't want to feel like I'm controlling a tank when aiming.

#115 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

Wow the 360 is NEVER going to catch up :lol:N00bTuber

Be serious...this those not look THAT good...

#116 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
Lvl 1 :roll: We need a trailer :P
#117 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

One last screenshot!

#118 Posted by FIipMode (10849 posts) -
Looks nice ;) Thanks TC.
#119 Posted by Zero5000X (8218 posts) -
I'm surprised there hasn't been Crysis 2 or Gears of War 3 comparisons yet. It's been up for over a couple of minutes already for pete's sake!
#120 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

sayonara89

KZ2 was locked at 30fps... quite impressive if they would be able to keep the same graphics but double the fps... but i doubt it

most likely it would have to take a hit in graphics, like you mentioned

#121 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

sayonara89

I dont know why the hell would they want that stupid gimmick of 3D????Why?To be honest those shoots dont look impressive as the first when we saw it...games in general become less and less impressive duo to so much good looking games this year...

#122 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="N00bTuber"]Wow the 360 is NEVER going to catch up :lol:Bus-A-Bus

Yep, K2 shots weren't that great either, this is one of those games that needs motion ;)
#123 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

I dont know why the hell would they want that stupid gimmick of 3D????Why?To be honest those shoots dont look impressive as the first when we saw it...games in general become less and less impressive duo to so much good looking games this year...

Ask them, I don't like it too.
#124 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
Based on what right now? It looks like an expansion for Killzone 2 based off of those shots. The possibility is there but right now your judging on nothing..
#125 Posted by eNT1TY (1032 posts) -
I am expecting a slight graphics downgrade to accommodate the larger scale. Perhaps particles will be toned down a bit, or reduction in the amount of dynamic light sources. I always thought that the scale (which is by no means small and/or constrictive) of kz2 was very deliberate to maintain the consistently high image quality it produces. Maybe guerilla can prove me wrong.
#126 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"][QUOTE="crusadernm"]

Some games have both.

crusadernm

Sadly, the last COD didn't have the latter. :|

Yeah... because reviewers are gods :lol:... reviewers opinion are as valid as any other gamer.

#127 Posted by N00bTuber (264 posts) -

[QUOTE="N00bTuber"]Wow the 360 is NEVER going to catch up :lol:Bus-A-Bus

Dude nothing on the 360 looks remotly as good as KZ2, and this is KZ3! The engine is done, the game doesn't even have a release date, it's all polishing up! It's going to be graphics king easy. What a glorious day!
#128 Posted by ZippySlappy (2664 posts) -
Boggles my mind that Sony is revealing all of those exclusives just weeks before E3. :? Hope they don't prolounge the Move stage demo. :(
#129 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Bus-A-Bus

Yeah from a scan...
#131 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"] Sadly, the last COD didn't have the latter. :|lbjkurono23

Yeah... because reviewers are gods :lol:... reviewers opinion are as valid as any other gamer.

you are actually helping prove his earlier point

#132 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="N00bTuber"]Wow the 360 is NEVER going to catch up :lol:sayonara89

Yep, K2 shots weren't that great either, this is one of those games that needs motion ;)

Definitely.And i think you will be able to choose if you want non 3d or 3d,it says in magazine "game changer".When its in 3d it will be downgrade if not then normal.Still,i think those consoles now show they are running out of gas,i would like new one in 2012,we can manage a year and a half with those...then 2-4GB ram,some nasty gpu,Cell with 16 updated spus :P

#133 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

more information added!

#134 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

ogvampire

I'm not defending either side ;).

Reviewers = user opinion.

#135 Posted by comeonthehoops (2075 posts) -
It shall be interesting to see if this has two seperate graphics options. It should have ne reduced quality one for 3D, and one normal one, otherwise it can't be the graphics powerhouse Killzone 2 was and still have 3D... Can it?
#136 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

Dude nothing on the 360 looks remotly as good as KZ2, and this is KZ3! The engine is done, the game doesn't even have a release date, it's all polishing up! It's going to be graphics king easy. What a glorious day!N00bTuber

Guerrilla is doing so much more now than the unimportant graphics. Hopefully they are building a story and refining their friendly AI.

#137 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25775 posts) -

This just in Killzone 3 implements jetpacks and is now totally awesome despite a certain game getting bashed for it a few months ago :|

Also cows step up their arrogance game! They change history and make it seem like Warhawk invented jetpacks! Are they magicians???!?!?!

MaskedHoodlum
We find that term offensive. We prefer "bovine sorcerers".
#138 Posted by FIipMode (10849 posts) -

This just in Killzone 3 implements jetpacks and is now totally awesome despite a certain game getting bashed for it a few months ago :|

Also cows step up their arrogance game! They change history and make it seem like Warhawk invented jetpacks! Are they magicians???!?!?!

MaskedHoodlum
Really? I don't recall Reach getting bashed for that.
#139 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

Boggles my mind that Sony is revealing all of those exclusives just weeks before E3. :? Hope they don't prolounge the Move stage demo. :(ZippySlappy
we all knew it was coming, no big whoop

#140 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26596 posts) -

Hopefully they'll fix those godawful controls this time around, I don't want to feel like I'm controlling a tank when aiming.

Stringerboy

Most likely no. Since that was actually one of the stand out things about the game. You know give your character actual weight instead of feeling like a ice skater.

#141 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -

Bus-A-Bus

Definitely.And i think you will be able to choose if you want non 3d or 3d.When its in 3d it will be downgrade if not then normal.Still,i think those consoles now show they are running out of gas,i would like new one in 2012,we can manage a year and a half with those...then 2-4GB ram,some nasty gpu,Cell with 16 updated spus :P

Really no. current graphics are all very impressive, dont have to look further then the game in your own sig
#142 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] Yeah... because reviewers are gods :lol:... reviewers opinion are as valid as any other gamer.

lbjkurono23

I'm not defending either side ;).

heh. good point...

#143 Posted by gago-gago (9542 posts) -

Looks like an expansion for Killzone 2 but that isn't a bad thing since I think it looks good. I just hope they fixed the controls for the masses and add co-op and split screen play this time.

#144 Posted by ZippySlappy (2664 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZippySlappy"]Boggles my mind that Sony is revealing all of those exclusives just weeks before E3. :? Hope they don't prolounge the Move stage demo. :(Zaibach

we all knew it was coming, no big whoop

but teh Megatons.
#145 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

finalfantasy94

Most likely no. Since that was actually one of the stand out things about the game. You know give your character actual wait instead of feeling like a ice skater.

Lol.

#146 Posted by FIipMode (10849 posts) -
Jetpacks have a machine gun on it :o, nice.
#147 Posted by gamecubepad (6120 posts) -

We find that term offensive. We prefer "bovine sorcerers".Floppy_Jim

Awesome.

You mind if I use that term in the future?

#148 Posted by mD- (4314 posts) -

Well this is a first. GameSpot>GAF>GameSpot :lol:

#149 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

Well this is a first. GameSpot>GAF>GameSpot :lol:

mD-
:lol:
#150 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] Yep, K2 shots weren't that great either, this is one of those games that needs motion ;)designer-

Definitely.And i think you will be able to choose if you want non 3d or 3d.When its in 3d it will be downgrade if not then normal.Still,i think those consoles now show they are running out of gas,i would like new one in 2012,we can manage a year and a half with those...then 2-4GB ram,some nasty gpu,Cell with 16 updated spus :P

Really no. current graphics are all very impressive, dont have to look further then the game in your own sig

Yes but i want them :(