Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by comeonthehoops (2075 posts) -
Jetpacks? I wonder where they got this idea from... :|
#52 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
uploading now.
#53 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

So jetpacks and a bigger scale? This reminds me of a game I can't quite put my finger on :P Should be good.

Nike_Air

Warhawk!

Ooohhh, Floppy-pwned!
#54 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -
uploading now.Easyle
Stop wasting the bandwidth typing, let the computer focus!
#55 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]Jetpacks? I wonder where they got this idea from... :|

Im sure Killzone 3 was in development quite a while before there was any announcement of Halo Reach Jetpacks. Thats not to count that reach is far and away from the 1st game to incorparate Jet packs. Maybe gold old Duke Nukem gave them the idea
#56 Posted by Zero5000X (8185 posts) -
Does it mention Move support? I'm sure it will have it.
#57 Posted by Kahuna_1 (7948 posts) -

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

So jetpacks and a bigger scale? This reminds me of a game I can't quite put my finger on :P Should be good.

Nike_Air

Warhawk!

Yeah. Warhawk was a lot of fun, but I never got try the jetpacks because I lost my copy of the game. I just hope KZ3 has stronger weapons.

#58 Posted by lawlessx (46444 posts) -

jetpacks? really?...can't wait to see how cows react to this. :|

#59 Posted by killa4lyfe (3849 posts) -
Would be funny if this was a hoax lol.ZippySlappy
It very well could be :(
#60 Posted by Ryan_Som (2336 posts) -

If Killzone 3 utilizes MLAA like God Of War III did, which I would almost bet money it will, we might be looking at a game even more visually stunning than KZ2 on the same console. All I wanted for a sequel was a Helghast campaign and to delve deeper into the story. The story from what I understand is actually pretty good, it's just told poorly. Looking at the fact that the ISA are technically the bad guys I would LOVE to see a campaign through the Helghasts eyes. That or maybe putting you back and forth between being a Helghast soldier and Sev. Yeah, I know it sounds a bit Call Of Duty-esque, but I'd actually want it to be the same 2 characters and give it some depth so you get each perspective.

If done well it could really give a unique spin on why each side is fighting and allow you to see the shortcomings of each side of the war.

#61 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25548 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Chutebox

Warhawk!

Ooohhh, Floppy-pwned!

Pffft. Warhawk is so obviously the game I was referring to.

#62 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11194 posts) -

Jettpacks? Ohhh dear...

Anyway sounds alright.

#63 Posted by Zaibach (13430 posts) -

please bring back luger and hakka, flesh out the story, and vehicles in the mp

#64 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Killzone II was definitely better than any recent Call of Duty game.

killa4lyfe

Me and millions and millions of people have to disagree with that. People vote with their wallets.

Yep because games like Wii Resort and Wii Fit are SUCH better games than say Mass Effect or Demon's Souls

Why are you bringing in Wii Fit? I'm talking about hardcore shooters here.

#65 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -
Firt stuff before E3? :D I'm hyped :P
#66 Posted by navstar29 (4036 posts) -

jetpacks? really?...can't wait to see how cows reaction to this. :|lawlessx

well Reach looks awesome with the Jetpacks and when Jetpacks arrived in Warhawk, it made an already super fun game, ridiculously hilariously fun.

People will continue to hate. Regardless KZ2 wasn't strong on the innovation side either. Although the 2 new things they did do (First Person Cover and Stringing the games together in MP), I loved. Hopefully they do have some new things they bring to the table.

If the Jetpacks are anything like Warhawks, I will be super happy =D

#67 Posted by ZippySlappy (2664 posts) -
I think TC bailed out. lol.
#68 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Killzone II was definitely better than any recent Call of Duty game.

killa4lyfe

Me and millions and millions of people have to disagree with that. People vote with their wallets.

Yep because games like Wii Resort and Wii Fit are SUCH better games than say Mass Effect or Demon's Souls

i doubt the people buying wiifit and wiiresort are also interesting in ME and DS....

which is why we dont usually compare games like this when they are in different genres

#69 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

Hope they show gameplay at e3. No pre-rendered cutscenes or "target" videos!

#70 Posted by killa4lyfe (3849 posts) -

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"][QUOTE="crusadernm"]

crusadernm

Oh god. I was just saying, SALES =/= QUALITY! :|
#71 Posted by Zero5000X (8185 posts) -
I wish they would have saved this for E3. That was the problem with Sony's E3 last year. Everything except Final Fantasy XIV was spoiled ahead of time. E3 is supposed to be like Christmas of the gaming world.
#72 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -

crusadernm

You say millions of people disagree with that, implying that sales are a measure of the quality of game. He brought up an example of even more sales for a game to counter your point.

Short story, your wrong
#73 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
Screenshots up with more to come. :)
#74 Posted by 93soccer (4602 posts) -
And with this, Sony continues copying stuff from other, great games to put in their "me-too" game. Jetpacks?
#75 Posted by Zero5000X (8185 posts) -
Pics are so big I can't really even see anything.
#76 Posted by killa4lyfe (3849 posts) -
[QUOTE="93soccer"]And with this, Sony continues copying stuff from other, great games to put in their "me-too" game. Jetpacks?

You're implying that MS doesn't do the same. Reach anyone?
#77 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25548 posts) -
[QUOTE="93soccer"]And with this, Sony continues copying stuff from other, great games to put in their "me-too" game. Jetpacks?

Agreed. The Warhawk devs must be quite annoyed with this.
#78 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

Warhawk had jetpacks too. And that was '07.
#79 Posted by comeonthehoops (2075 posts) -
[QUOTE="designer-"][QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]Jetpacks? I wonder where they got this idea from... :|

Im sure Killzone 3 was in development quite a while before there was any announcement of Halo Reach Jetpacks. Thats not to count that reach is far and away from the 1st game to incorparate Jet packs. Maybe gold old Duke Nukem gave them the idea

You could be right. But Reach didn't take that idea from a recent title it's competing against, like Killzone 3 seems to be doing. It will be a brilliant game, like the last, but incorporating jetpacks will always make it seem like it's copying Halo. Sony already has a bad enough rep around here for copying others' ideas. I wonder what SW will make of this.
#80 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

Halo REACH copied warhawk.
#81 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

Yeah Warhawk was a great game.
#82 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="93soccer"]And with this, Sony continues copying stuff from other, great games to put in their "me-too" game. Jetpacks?sayonara89

which in turn copied Tribes, in which tribes copied ..... etc.....

just about every element in games is taken from 1 place or another.... lets just put this 'copied' thing to bed already

#83 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="93soccer"]And with this, Sony continues copying stuff from other, great games to put in their "me-too" game. Jetpacks?ogvampire

which in turn copied Tribes

And so on... xxx copied Pong! ;)
#84 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"][QUOTE="designer-"][QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]Jetpacks? I wonder where they got this idea from... :|

You could be right. But Reach didn't take that idea from a recent title it's competing against, like Killzone 3 seems to be doing. It will be a brilliant game, like the last, but incorporating jetpacks will always make it seem like it's copying Halo. Sony already has a bad enough rep around here for copying others' ideas. I wonder what SW will make of this.

Time will tell, at this point in time we dont know how the jet packs are incorporated into the game, not in Reach single player or in Killzone 3 single player. We also do not know if the jet packs will be used in KZ3 multiplayer
#85 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

Awesome, that looks hot.

The jetpack (I'm assuming that's one) looks weird!

#86 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"] Yep because games like Wii Resort and Wii Fit are SUCH better games than say Mass Effect or Demon's Soulskilla4lyfe

Some games have both.

#87 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] Halo REACH copied warhawk.sayonara89

Pong copied the Duke
#88 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11194 posts) -

E3 will be intereting indeed....

#89 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Bigger battles is what I like to hear. I hope they totally ramp up the scale of the game because Killzone 2 campaign was a little disapointing.

#90 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="93soccer"]And with this, Sony continues copying stuff from other, great games to put in their "me-too" game. Jetpacks?

Agreed. The Warhawk devs must be quite annoyed with this.

And Floppy rebounds!
#91 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -
I don't like this 3D thing, I hope they won't downgrade GFX becouse of this.
#92 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] Halo REACH copied warhawk.sayonara89

exactly... i edit this post to pretty much say this message

#93 Posted by themyth01 (13924 posts) -
But 2 years development time is too short.... I'm actually looking forward to this one. Hope they fix the gameplay issues with the first.
#94 Posted by killa4lyfe (3849 posts) -

crusadernm

Some games have both.

Sadly, the last COD didn't have the latter. :|
#95 Posted by Zero5000X (8185 posts) -
Just because more than one game has jetpacks doesn't mean one copied another. It isn't like Warhawk invented jetpacks and anything that uses them is copying it.
#96 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
People already getting mad at this having a jet pack lol.
#97 Posted by killa4lyfe (3849 posts) -
Game looks good, definately interested :D, still need to see more, E3 here we come :)
#98 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

Looks the same as first one,ps3 is MAXED confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!! /jk

It looks very good,they will probably lose a bit of that fine lightning duo to change of settings but winter will be awesome.

And BTW i dont know who is the imbecile in Sony to release and announce the game 3 weeks before E3?Couldnt they wait a bit?LOL...they must have some hack of games for E3 or much move games...

#99 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -
Just because more than one game has jetpacks doesn't mean one copied another. It isn't like Warhawk invented jetpacks and anything that uses them is copying it.Zero5000X
That's the point those mentioning Warhawk are trying to make.
#100 Posted by ogvampire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="crusadernm"]

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"] Oh god. I was just saying, SALES =/= QUALITY! :|killa4lyfe

Some games have both.

Sadly, the last COD didn't have the latter. :|

im confused

what made you originally claim that wiifit and wiisports resort arent better than ME or DS? wasnt it the reviews/scores?

with that said, how can you claim that the last CoD didnt have quality when the reviews/scores claimed otherwise?