Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Heil68 (44697 posts) -
Awesome.
#152 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]We find that term offensive. We prefer "bovine sorcerers".gamecubepad

Awesome.

You mind if I use that term in the future?

Go ahead! I'd be pleased to know I had coined a new phrase.
#153 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

[QUOTE="mD-"]

Well this is a first. GameSpot>GAF>GameSpot :lol:

sayonara89

:lol:

Lawl. I sure showed them. Btw, should I post the castlevania screenshots and info also included in the issue?

#154 Posted by Sollet (7382 posts) -
Interesting... fur coated helghasts eh? Hoping we will see it in action at e3.
#155 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="mD-"]

Easyle

Lawl. I sure showed them. Btw, should I post the castlevania screenshots and info also included in the issue?

Sure :D make a new thread :)
#156 Posted by javierkais162 (14 posts) -

I haven´t got words to describe my hapiness

#157 Posted by ZippySlappy (2664 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="mD-"]

Easyle

lol,Do it. the new CV has me interested.
#158 Posted by dmaximum (699 posts) -

TC, I don't think you can post magazine scans unless they are from Japan.

#159 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

EPIC! day 1! i loved KZ2!.. but WAITTTTTTTTT why did sony annouce it so early?? why couldnt they wait till E3? does that mean they have far more games to annouce? woow make me more excited for their conference

#160 Posted by Go1D (421 posts) -

This will officially be the best game ever if theres a part in the SP where Rico falls through a meat grinder., something horrible has to happen to him.

#161 Posted by mD- (4314 posts) -

So an FPS with platforming elements w/ the jetpack and a lot of snow?

I wonder if they will come up with better looking snow effects than Uncharted 2. Snow looks beautiful in games!

#162 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

Sorry, but you can't post scans from US magazines here.

#163 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

I... Cant Wait for Killzone 3, finally a shooter that I care about is announced, COD :lol:, not interested in those at all, a Snow level in a Killzone game is something I wasn't expecting at all, Also jetpacks? Imagine the E3 trailer...

#164 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -
[QUOTE="Easyle"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] :lol:ZippySlappy

lol,Do it. the new CV has me interested.

I will do it. But food has called me... I will be back shortly.
#165 Posted by mD- (4314 posts) -

If Rico dies in the opening scene, orders for Killzone 3 will increase by 1 mil

#166 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

Teufelhuhn
Uh-oh. You took one for the team, TC. Kudos.
#167 Posted by Easyle (2034 posts) -

Teufelhuhn
Why not? I purchased it.
#168 Posted by dmaximum (699 posts) -

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Easyle

Why not? I purchased it.

It's against the ToU.

#169 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

Oh, I love their version of the jetpack. It's not something that is just going to punch you in the air with rockets.

Me likey! That could a lot to this game!

#170 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Easyle

Why not? I purchased it.

Yeah its not allowed but a question, did you get it early or somthing? so its not leaked right? im asking this because im surprised why its been annouced early. shouldnt they wait till E3? this could only mean one thing. that Sony got tons of game annoucments to do during the conference

#171 Posted by designer- (1328 posts) -
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Easyle
Why not? I purchased it.

hahah but most of the posters here didnt
#172 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

So know what does Sony have for E3? :P

#173 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

"2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-**** 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

P.s. You should all mark your calendars for March 13th"

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4992967#post4992967

#174 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

789shadow
Cupcakes :P... I kid.
#175 Posted by Go1D (421 posts) -

People ripping on the KZ color palette need to open up. Games got as much color as any other game just the situation fits it perfectly. Same as the first one it was a desolate, destroyed planet and it looked the effing part. This looks like a snowy battleground, fits the color palette perfectly. Not everything needs to be halo technicolor.

#176 Posted by cowgriller (3153 posts) -

well, it looks nice. hope it's not as boring or as drab as killzone 2.

#177 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

789shadow
Hopefully a good amount since they are revealing so much beforehand.
#178 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

"2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-**** 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

sayonara89

:shock: nice

#179 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

789shadow

This could really mean 1 thing.. they have got far more games during the conference or some big annoucments to do during E3 and because of that their annoucing their biggest games early. dont really know but im positive they got somthing big during E3

#180 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

sayonara89

I wonder will Sony want to go head 2 head with Reach,Crysis 2 or Gears of war 3.This place will be in burnings... :D

#181 Posted by PabloEscobar20 (837 posts) -

Why does everyone hate Rico lol? I only played the demo of KZ2 but he didn't seem so bad, is he really that annoying? Like Baird/Cole annoying or worse?

#182 Posted by toast_burner (21676 posts) -

Killzone 2 is great. unless the do something incredibly stupid 3 cant fail

#183 Posted by Zaibach (13456 posts) -

sayonara89

if this isnt an exaggeration, then by the hammer of thor!!!

#184 Posted by toast_burner (21676 posts) -

Why does everyone hate Rico lol? I only played the demo of KZ2 but he didn't seem so bad, is he really that annoying? Like Baird/Cole annoying or worse?

PabloEscobar20
Hes not as bad as Cole. but just like Cole, he is incredibly stupid
#185 Posted by Modern_Unit (1511 posts) -

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

toast_burner

i thought the only difference was that Rico curses like crazy

#186 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26516 posts) -

PabloEscobar20

Mainly cause he caused I think 2 deaths and he made a event happen in the end that will cause many others to die. Hes a dummy with an anger problem and just like cole train I wish he was dead.

#187 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

PabloEscobar20

He's annoying :P

#188 Posted by cowgriller (3153 posts) -

PabloEscobar20

it might have to do with the atrocious voice acting and that half the time it sounds like he's trying to yell with marbles in his mouth.

#189 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

lbjkurono23

:shock: nice

:o Agreed.

#190 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10574 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

Bus-A-Bus

I wonder will Sony want to go head 2 head with Reach,Crysis 2 or Gears of war 3.This place will be in burnings... :D

Competition has a tendency to breed excellence. So game on.

#191 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

Zaibach

If anyone can make some cool new features in their games(as far as tech and 3d "gimick" goes) its GG.Even though...Avatar?Really?Thats CGi in 3d,in 1080p :D

#192 Posted by cowgriller (3153 posts) -

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

toast_burner

nah, Cole was great. though he did seem to get some sort of "thrill" by killing locusts.

#193 Posted by sayonara89 (1985 posts) -

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

Zaibach

Upgraded snow from U2 :D

#194 Posted by gmastersexay (3831 posts) -
I refuse to buy it if the save file is locked down like they did with Killzone 2.
#196 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

Where the hell are the scans? Gahhh

#197 Posted by svenus97 (2289 posts) -

I just want to see what happens with the Helghast since Rico went **** on Visari.

#198 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

The SW is OVER, the 360 has been KILLZOWNED for the lat time! Glorious day \o/N00bTuber

Welcome to SW.

#199 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

jamejame

You are not allowed to post English-language scans.

#200 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

jamejame

There are some cool new pictures of one highly anticipated game at GAMETRAILERS FORUM :D