Keyboard and Mouse are a joke for gaming.

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AestheticGamer (17 posts) -

No pressure sensitive movements, can't lay down on the couch and play, + the added chance of carpal tunnel all leads to KB + M being a joke for gaming.

You literally tap keys to move, the mouse is ok, its acceptable but the posture of which you need to be able to use it sucks compared to that of a pad.

Average PC gamers hands

Trust me, you don't want this.

All day erry day

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

Great thread,would read again!

12/10

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

Blurriness of those pictures: Your average console game.

#4 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

You should just go ahead and delete this thread... or better yet, delete your profile.

#5 Edited by lundy86_4 (42844 posts) -

So use a controller.

#6 Posted by AestheticGamer (17 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

Which completely defeats the point of gaming on PC.

If you have a controller on PC, just admit you really wanted a console in the first place but you're blind PC fanboyism stops you from getting one.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

If you have a controller on PC, just admit you really wanted a console in the first place but you're blind PC fanboyism stops you from getting one.

PC gaming is defined by kb\m?

News to me

#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (42844 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

PC gaming seems to largely be about choice. With that regard, it really only strengthens the point.

#9 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9741 posts) -

but motion controllers like the mouse offer a greater 1:1 connection lol

#10 Posted by silversix_ (13886 posts) -

YOU are a joke to human race.

#11 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I know it sucks. Been saying it for years. I guess hermits just grew up playing only computer games so they are used to it, like some people prefer stick shift (though stick shift is beginning to fizzle away due to paddle shifters)

#12 Edited by Fizzman (9869 posts) -

Troll thread.

Somebody lock this.

#13 Edited by silversix_ (13886 posts) -

720pee running natively on Xbox One.

#14 Edited by AestheticGamer (17 posts) -

Says the joke himself, like anything you say is of worth nor anyone's attention.

Just leave before I own you some more.

#15 Edited by AestheticGamer (17 posts) -

I know it sucks. Been saying it for years. I guess hermits just grew up playing only computer games so they are used to it, like some people prefer stick shift (though stick shift is beginning to fizzle away due to paddle shifters)

Hermits don't like it, they just deal with it because they get to play Crysis with 32xxSGSSAA at 300 FPS!

If I've learned anything its that hermits don't care about PC games, they just care about the graphics.

btw Stick Shift >>> Paddles

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (42844 posts) -

Hermits don't like it, they just deal with it because they get to play Crysis with 32xxSGSSAA at 300 FPS!

If I've learned anything its that hermits don't care about PC games, they just care about the graphics.

Any evidence?

#17 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Considering SW is now filled about threads that consoles games can finally run games at 1080p(or not),that's funny

#18 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

No pressure sensitive movements, can't lay down on the couch and play, + the added chance of carpal tunnel all leads to KB + M being a joke for gaming.

You literally tap keys to move, the mouse is ok, its acceptable but the posture of which you need to be able to use it sucks compared to that of a pad.

Average PC gamers hands

Trust me, you don't want this.

All day erry day

I don't understand that point of threads like this. Everyone knows you're trolling. And very poorly. 0/10

#19 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Damn, thats true. They get their kicks by running games at 50000p and 93973923929237 fps. They are not true gamers, if they were they'd realize the best games are, were, and forever will be on consoles.

#20 Edited by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Damn, thats true. They get their kicks by running games at 50000p and 93973923929237 fps. They are not true gamers, if they were they'd realize the best games are, were, and forever will be on consoles.

Remind me what are "true gamer" ?

#21 Posted by FinalFighters (1353 posts) -

PC gamers have the option to use a gamepad also ya know....

#22 Posted by PannicAtack (20928 posts) -

So after your first terrible troll thread was locked, you decide to make a new one.

#23 Edited by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

I admit I started gaming on consoles and eventually migrated to a semi-part-time PC gamer. Took a while for my wrists to be comfy with that style but now I can play a game with kb/m for several hours easy with no discomfort at all, wireless keyboard in my lap, mouse on the couch arm, I'm good. Or the traditional on-the-desk method.

Still not a long-time comfy as a controller for me but at least I admit that's situational to me and not some form of higher truth found on the Rosetta Stone 2.0.

#24 Posted by Gue1 (9382 posts) -

all herms play are RTS and other F2P MMOs so that mundane set-up is fine for them.

#25 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

all herms play are RTS and other F2P MMOs so that mundane set-up is fine for them.

now that's just silly.

#26 Posted by SirCantelope (16 posts) -

Is it a coincidence that you can walk into a walmart and find consoles and their games next to the toy department?

#27 Edited by adamosmaki (9431 posts) -

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

yeah i mean is not like cows created a million ps4 threads praising 1080p the last month and as if not lemmings created another million threads about Ryse

Oh and you can use any controller you want on pc

and good luck playing strategy games with gamepad ( but let me guess according to you strategy games suck because are on pc am i right ? )

#28 Posted by danten81 (129 posts) -

I got my kb/m for fps/rts/pnc adventure(try to play these with a gamepad properly), and I got my DS4 for everything else. That's the way your average PC gamer does it b*tch.

#29 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I kind of agree nowadays. I don't play competitive FPS all that much any longer so needing the fidelity of KB+M is very limited for me. I only come back to KB+M for RTS and I rarely play them any longer either.

Doesn't help that PCs and KB+M remind me of work, or that I could be working.

#30 Posted by lostrib (33023 posts) -

whose alt is this?

#31 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

I enjoy using a gamepad controller more than Mouse and Keyboard.

#32 Posted by PsychoLemons (1969 posts) -

You must be new here.....

#33 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

Why can't you report things any longer? There's only flagging. Booo. How are the mods to know I flagged a thing for being too stupid and worthless to exist? They'll just look for racism or drugdealing or something and leave the thing open.

#34 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

how many alts does Giovela have? jesus this is getting out of hand.

#35 Posted by Tessellation (8795 posts) -

This thread is a joke.

#36 Posted by starjet905 (1844 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

>point of gaming on PC is keyboard and mouse

Idiot detected.

Man, I miss the :lol: smiley.

#37 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Oh look, another uninspired troll thread. Haven't been seeing a shit ton of these lately. *rolls eyes*

#38 Posted by starjet905 (1844 posts) -

Spoken like a true peasant who can't drive stick.

#39 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

This will upset a lot of people.

But I agree.

I play my pc games with a gamepad if possible. On the same tv as my PS3 :)

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (16472 posts) -

Must be 720p. Can you confirm for us silversix?

#41 Edited by cainetao11 (16472 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Says the joke himself, like anything you say is of worth nor anyone's attention.

Just leave before I own you some more.

Cut him a break dude, he's a habitual liar. I do prefer a controller, but kb/m isn't as bad as you make it out imo. Ive gotten into some great FPS' and lost sight of the fact that I was using kb/m

#42 Edited by ShadowDoubt (32 posts) -

#43 Posted by wolverine4262 (18917 posts) -

I cant really argue. I use my 360 pad for 90% of my PC games. But, at least I get the choice, huh?

#44 Edited by cainetao11 (16472 posts) -

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

My god the hypocrisy is mind numbing here. All Cows have talked about for the last week is running games in 1080p, and X1 in 720p. But Hermits only care about running games at higher levels and they aren't true gamers? Sounds like hypocrites and jealousy.

#45 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

My god the hypocrisy is mind numbing here. All Cows have talked about for the last week is running games in 1080p, and X1 in 720p. But Hermits only care about running games at higher levels and they aren't true gamers? Sounds like hypocrites and jealousy.

no that was ps4 vs x1, nothing about the PC and their crazy specs makes me in the least but excited or wanting it. With all the money I spend on bullshit I could have easily bought a $3,000 "rig". But PC is just not fun for me, sorry.

#46 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

go play arma. OO you can't! the devs said arma will never come to pity consoles because the CONTROLLER would ruin the entire game

#47 Edited by starjet905 (1844 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

no that was ps4 vs x1, nothing about the PC and their crazy specs makes me in the least but excited or wanting it. With all the money I spend on bullshit I could have easily bought a $3,000 "rig". But PC is just not fun for me, sorry.

So, it's okay to mention better graphics as an advantage of the PS4, but not of PC? Oh, look, I see a hippo flying in a crate.

That aside, what you consider fun or not fun is irrelevant, since that's just your opinion.

#48 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

@Gue1: I had fun playing TF2 last night. Also got started playing warsow and Saint's Row 4 recently. Loved the mass effect trilogy. Got to get AC:Brotherhood beat too. I'm really behind on that series. Good thing I will be able to buy AC:R and ACIII for like 10 bucks each on Steam.

#49 Posted by cainetao11 (16472 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Got nothing to do with what you want. If PC gamers aren't true gamers because all the care about is running games at high resolutions and frames per second, then Cows, who only care about 1080p now, cant be real gamers either. Its the same logic. But cows are known for hypocrisy so it doesn't surprise anyone here.

#50 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@AestheticGamer said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Got nothing to do with what you want. If PC gamers aren't true gamers because all the care about is running games at high resolutions and frames per second, then Cows, who only care about 1080p now, cant be real gamers either. Its the same logic. But cows are known for hypocrisy so it doesn't surprise anyone here.

lol @ cows like its a team or something haha.