MS join xbox one + xbox 360 sales numbers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

MS joined xbox 360+ xbox one shipment for the 4th quarter,non separate report was issue,they pulled a Sony joining PS2 and PS3 sales.

This is epic since so many lemmings flamed sony for this and accuse sony of hiding sales under the PS2,now what lemmings.?

The xbox one still stranded like i suspected a few days ago,they barely shipped any units and still trying to sell the probably the 1 million units they had shipped but not sold in the retail channel,now is a good time to press the panic button.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

See this is why $ony needs to drop out of the industry. MS would have never adopted these underhanded business practices if $ony had not done them first.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

This thread would get more views and last longer if you renamed it

"MS combining Xone and 360 sales to mislead public"

or something.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

how does this affect your pockets, or your fun?

who gives a shit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

SONY once again leading the industry while MS decays with misleading information and misdirection.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

You need a life OP

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

filthy fucking liars.

burn them, burn them all.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Heil68 said:

SONY once again leading the industry while MS decays with misleading information and misdirection.

So Sony was "leading" the industry when they did the exact same thing last gen with PS3 and PS2? Or are you willing to admit they "decayed" using that same tactic? ;)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Bu-bu-bu-but it's one of the fastest selling consoles ever! Why, I've been hearing that in System Wars all week.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Bu-bu-bu-but it's one of the fastest selling consoles ever! Why, I've been hearing that in System Wars all week.

...well isn't it?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

or something.

Pretty much this

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos

@Heil68 said:

I freaking love your post man...hahaha

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
@nini200 said:

@Shielder7 said:

or something.

Pretty much this

Don't worry is a Tormentos thread they will come flying,now what is not warranty is that they post.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I find it really funny how the table flipped completely this gen its awesome even the all mighty Bungie releasing everything first on PlayStation

lol XboxLAST

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@finalstar2007:

All mighty Bungie? You must just love Halo.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shewgenja

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

...well isn't it?

Nope. Doesn't seem to have broken 5m sold-through, yet. It's going flat. Very flat.

and Jesus Christ can we get an OP to change the thread title, this is going to spawn epic amounts of duplicate threads.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Pretty disgusting to see Sony's corruption rub off on great companies like MS.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shewgenja

@mems_1224 said:

Eh, the WiiU seems to be out-selling and outshipping the XBone for this quarter. So, if they keep this up, you won't have much longer to complain about it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tormentos

@Shewgenja said:

Nope. Doesn't seem to have broken 5m sold-through, yet. It's going flat. Very flat.

and Jesus Christ can we get an OP to change the thread title, this is going to spawn epic amounts of duplicate threads.

Changed. ;-)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja

@tormentos said:

@Shewgenja said:

Changed. ;-)

To add perspective to it all, MS actually shipped 1.2 Million XBones alone in the previous quarter. So, sell-through sales are slowing down rather dramatically in all reality.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja

If it's any consolation, the XBone is doing better at launch year than the original Xbox and the GameCube.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@inb4uall said:

See this is why $ony needs to drop out of the industry. MS would have never adopted these underhanded business practices if $ony had not done them first.

@mems_1224 said:

Smooth move Sony. Another corporation is now off the path of the righteous...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

What was the original title?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja

Please be excited.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

@inb4uall said:

like paying to play online?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shewgenja

Only way to account for this is if non-UK Europe just pulled a Japan on XBox.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

So... cows have short term memory... that's pretty much what this thread is leading to.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

So now cows think this is a bad thing?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shewgenja

@bldgirsh said:

So... cows have short term memory... that's pretty much what this thread is leading to.

@CanYouDiglt said:

Ooh, ooh! Are we at the part of the thread where you remind us that Xbone could make a PS3-like market recovery despite it having nothing like an MGS4 level third party exclusive to keep people talking about it? Cuz, I LOVE story time! I am feeling tingly in anticipation ^_^

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Ribnarak said:

@inb4uall said:

like paying to play online?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CanYouDiglt

@Shewgenja said:

@bldgirsh said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

Ooh, ooh! Are we at the part of the thread where you remind us that Xbone could make a PS3-like market recovery despite it having nothing like an MGS4 level third party exclusive to keep people talking about it? Cuz, I LOVE story time! I am feeling tingly in anticipation ^_^

I have no idea what the heck that had to do with what I said but I have no idea what will happen by the end of the gen sales wise and since it has been less then a year no ones does.

As far as combining numbers why do you suddenly have a problem with it when you have been defending Sony doing it for all this time.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Please be excited.

I wonder if those will still be available by the 1 year anniversary.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Horrible numbers. No wonder they are combining XBone and 360 numbers LMAO. It seems sales fell off a cliff in Europe lol. WiiU outshipped them last quarter lol. LOL @ #XflopLastPlace. At this rate they'll be fighting for 2nd or last place with WiiU all gen.

"B...bu...bu...but it is teh 2nd fastest of all time!!!111". LOL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos

@CanYouDiglt said:

I have no idea what the heck that had to do with what I said but I have no idea what will happen by the end of the gen sales wise and since it has been less then a year no ones does.

As far as combining numbers why do you suddenly have a problem with it when you have been defending Sony doing it for all this time.

Because lemming flamed sony to hell and beyond for combining PS2 + PS3 numbers,so now where are those who use to flame sony to complain about how MS is doing the same.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shewgenja

@CanYouDiglt said:

Ahh, I think you misplaced me with the Cows. I'm not defending Sony or even talking about combining the numbers. Just what the numbers are. All I care about.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

@tormentos said:

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

MS joined xbox 360+ xbox one shipment for the 4th quarter,non separate report was issue,they pulled a Sony joining PS2 and PS3 sales.

This is epic since so many lemmings flamed sony for this and accuse sony of hiding sales under the PS2,now what lemmings.?

The xbox one still stranded like i suspected a few days ago,they barely shipped any units and still trying to sell the probably the 1 million units they had shipped but not sold in the retail channel,now is a good time to press the panic button.

Are you really surprised by this, is anyone and if so...it's ironic as hell.

1. Companies will do anything to save face with investors, perception is reality. As you mentioned Sony before; there are many companies that have implemented such a tactic.

2. Fanboys are Fanboys regardless where they come from, they are the same with a different stamps on their butts.

It is not time to hit the panic button. Where they are after this upcoming holiday season is cause depending on the situation with sales. It's not like the sales are bad, they aren't but Sony is simply doing better. Microsoft royally screwed up the first 6 months of this thing (and even before hand) much like Sony botched the beginning of the Ps3.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja

@Innovazero2000 said:

Are you really surprised by this, is anyone and if so...it's ironic as hell.

1. Companies will do anything to save face with investors, perception is reality. As you mentioned Sony before; there are many companies that have implemented such a tactic.

2. Fanboys are Fanboys regardless where they come from, they are the same with a different stamps on their butts.

It is not time to hit the panic button. Where they are after this upcoming holiday season is cause depending on the situation with sales. It's not like the sales are bad, they aren't but Sony is simply doing better. Microsoft royally screwed up the first 6 months of this thing (and even before hand) much like Sony botched the beginning of the Ps3.

This equating MS to Sony ends now.

1. While Xbox 360 was in the pilots seat last gen, they sold off and closed development studios as well as dedicated resources to Kinect-only. As a gamer, this should be important.

2. Sony has let go of Insomniacs iron-clad support. However, they gained Bungie this gen. Not exactly a fair trade.

3. Sony is a household name globally, Xbox made a lot of ground in Europe, but sold quite a bit over half of their 360s in the US. Exactly where and how is XBone going to stage a comeback?

4. Most importantly of any argument. Sony lost DMC/Final Fantasy/etc to multiplat last generation, but there are literally no third party megatons coming from Microsoft. At all. Zilch.

Yes. Consoles do come back from behind. The SNES did it against the Sega Genesis and the PS3 did it against the 360. However, the argument is being made in a vacuum irrespective of the realities that propelled those two systems. The XBone, as it stands currently, has NO such ammunition. E3 2015, the XBone will have to go absolutely ape-shit to convince me otherwise.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@inb4uall said:

+1 for originality.

Slow clap. Nice comeback line. will read again.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CanYouDiglt
@tormentos said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

Because lemming flamed sony to hell and beyond for combining PS2 + PS3 numbers,so now where are those who use to flame sony to complain about how MS is doing the same.

Who is saying it is a good thing? You should be praising MS for this as a good choice since you have defended Sony over it for so long. I personally wish they both did not but since Sony has been doing it for years MS might as well.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Microsoft's better than this. They shouldn't follow in the foot steps of Sony's terrible practices...

I guess console gaming really is going downhill :(

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:
@tormentos said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

Who is saying it is a good thing? You should be praising MS for this as a good choice since you have defended Sony over it for so long. I personally wish they both did not but since Sony has been doing it for years MS might as well.

Post Translation: "I can not say anything bad about MS or criticize them for anything they do without bringing Sony into it and making them the scapegoat."

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@papatrop said:

I guess console gaming really is going downhill :(

Indeed

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Horrible numbers. No wonder they are combining XBone and 360 numbers LMAO. It seems sales fell off a cliff in Europe lol. WiiU outshipped them last quarter lol. LOL @ #XflopLastPlace. At this rate they'll be fighting for 2nd or last place with WiiU all gen.

"B...bu...bu...but it is teh 2nd fastest of all time!!!111". LOL

I really doubt WiiU outshipped them last quarter. Do you have any links for that? And it won't be a fight for second. The WiiU will be last assuredly.

Anyway, that's some Sony level BS MS pulled. Really pathetic. Just state your numbers honestly.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

And look what the consequence of this is...Cows join each other in a circle-jerk on SW.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

wonder what lemmings have to say now LOL

now you know their numbers suck right lems ?

vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

So glad about this. MS deserves this after that enormous DRM BS they tried to pull.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Every company should combine their numbers with each other's so no one knows what sold what. So the fanboys can actually play games instead of debate about them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Just so we are clear, Microsoft shipped 100k units of Xbox One all quarter. That's Wii U levels of disastrously bad.

EDIT: I lied, even Wii U has never had a quarter this bad. In its worst quarter ever, Wii U shipped ~200,000 units worldwide, double what Microsoft just managed.