Kane and Lynch vide review back up.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f956b96dc672
deactivated-5f956b96dc672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f956b96dc672
Member since 2007 • 2218 Posts

i guess Edios figured that the game has been out long enough to take the muzzle off of CNET.

link

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
I guess the new score is 11/10
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

I like how Jeff advertises the company of the shirt hes wearing. :lol:

Sexy man.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Its been on YouTube since it was pulled. Its not like gamers couldn't find it.

And having it pulled down makes CNET and GameSpot look guilty of the very thing they are trying to deny.

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts
Bad damage control. Too late.
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Good Review btw. crap games need to be named and shamed. its just a pity that money rules over integrity. :(

edit- Allegedly

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I can't believe Jeff got fired over this review... LOOK AT THE GAME. WOW. Talk about garbage. I was expecting better, but... just wow...
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Good Review btw. crap games need to be named and shamed. its just a pity that money rules over integrity. :(

edit- Allegedly

Bazfrag

I laughed at the edit... :D

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

That'd be quite funny if someone dubbed Gerstmann's voice and made him say:

"Lol, ok, so Kane and Lynch is like the best game ever made, for real. It has the best graphics, and oh man, its just a spectacular experience from beginning to end. Storywise, its better than anything Hollywood could ever dream. If I could, I'd marry this game."

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

"Lol, ok, so Kane and Lynch is like the best game ever made, for real. It has the best graphics, and oh man, its just a spectacular experience from beginning to end. Storywise, its better than anything Hollywood could ever dream. If I could, I'd marry this game."

skullkrusher13

hahahahah

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

Bad damage control. Too late.fierro316

Agreed. That they pulled it at all proves it had something to do with the "incident"

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

OK just seen this 1st time i have seen this Video review WTF is the problem with it ? Im confused and before watching this i couldn't give a c.... if this guy lost his job, i assumed he had made a shambles of the review but no! In the amount of time he had i think he gave the game a good going over.

I mean look at the game in action look at it looks..............

1. Terrible

2. Bland

3.Freedom Fighters did it ALL BETTER

4. Did you see the aiming who ever was in control in all the video playbacks of the game-play had trouble hitting anything, ("yes guns have big time recoil but it just looked all wrong how the cursor moved or the target reticle if you like").

I feel for this guy a bit now to be honest! Oh and gamespot need to either stop doing Video reviews or make them more detailed as it stands they are quite pointless and i only watch them for the pretty moving pictures.

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

Oh and gamespot need to either stop doing Video reviews or make them more detailed as it stands they are quite pointless and i only watch them for the pretty moving pictures.

jwsoul

I watch them when I'm too lazy to read the review, I thought that was the point.

This is getting ridiculous btw, why pull the review in the first place if it had nothing to do with it? Oh wait....

Avatar image for Tamashii-sosaku
Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tamashii-sosaku
Member since 2003 • 2172 Posts

Didn't they just say in the hotspot interview that it was taken down because they didn't feel it was up to Gamespot's quality? Citing reasons like all the footage was taken from just the 1st level, the multiplayer footage was taken from aprevious sh they did and the audio was recrded with the built in camera mic.

Then how come the've just put thereview backup exactly the same as it was? Were they worried that if they edited it people would accuse the of censoring it? I so why idn't they just put some new gameplay footage in there? It makes t look suspicious. Plus non of the reasons they gave for takingdown the video reviewapply to the written review.

JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts

Bad damage control. Too late.fierro316

Amen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f956b96dc672
deactivated-5f956b96dc672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f956b96dc672
Member since 2007 • 2218 Posts

skullkrusher13
i was half expecting a totally different review by one of the newer guys. like Aarom or Kevin saying it is an awesome game
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Didn't they just say in the hotspot interview that it was taken down because they didn't feel it was up to Gamespot's quality?

Then how come the've just put thereview backup exactly the same as it was? Tamashii-sosaku

QFMFT.

Totally agreed.

It's not up to our quality. We're putting it back up because the internet didn't just forget about it overnight like they're supposed to!

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Who cares. Reviews on GS are dead to me.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
The damage is already done.
Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tamashii-sosaku

You all know the real reason Jeff was fired though right? The guy has seriously fowl bowl movements. People around the office complained about it so much that someone informed health and safety. They declared Jeff a health hazard and he was fired. Jeff then placed an embargo suit on CNET preventing them from revealing the truth of his "letting go". Saying "Let Jeff go" is the subtle way of saying why he was really fired.

The video review was taken down because in the original version he let rip a bit wet one in the middle. Jeff forced Gamespot to take the video down and edit out the fart. If you don't believe me just go look at the video review now. Do you see Jeff's fart? No, exactly.

Doc_smock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Doc_smock
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
well, at least they've realised that this isn't something they can brush under the rug. Even if the ridiculous press release they sent out solves nothing and contains blatent self advertising.
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

You all know the real reason Jeff was fired though right? The guy has seriously fowl bowl movements. People around the office complained about it so much that someone informed health and safety. They declared Jeff a health hazard and he was fired. Jeff then placed an embargo suit on CNET preventing them from revealing the truth of his "letting go". Saying "Let Jeff go" is the subtle way of saying why he was really fired.

The video review was taken down because in the original version he let rip a bit wet one in the middle. Jeff forced Gamespot to take the video down and edit out the fart. If you don't believe me just go look at the video review now. Do you see Jeff's fart? No, exactly.

Tamashii-sosaku

First off, he could sue the pants off someone for firing him because ofwhat he does in the bathroom. Second I never heard him fart in the original, could you gimme the exact time??? Lastly... Your Source???

chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
I can't believe Jeff got fired over this review... LOOK AT THE GAME. WOW. Talk about garbage. I was expecting better, but... just wow...EmilioDigsIt
Why would he get fired over this review? lol
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

[QUOTE="fierro316"]Bad damage control. Too late.ironwarrior2

Agreed. That they pulled it at all proves it had something to do with the "incident"

Ryan said that the review only had footage from 1 level and had bad audio so they took it down for those reasons.
Doc_smock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Doc_smock
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
[QUOTE="Tamashii-sosaku"]

hellfire9988

To the OP, you're not funny.

To the replier, how can not see that this is a joke, no one gets fired for farting.

First off, he could sue the pants off someone for firing him because ofwhat he does in the bathroom. Second I never heard him fart in the original, could you gimme the exact time??? Lastly... Your Source???

hellfire9988
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#27 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Yeah... Gamespot might have had an easier time convincing people they didn't fire Jeff over Kane and Lynch if they hadn'nt taken down the video review of the game for a week with no explanation.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Tamashii-sosaku
Wait what???:lol:
Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tamashii-sosaku

First off, he could sue the pants off someone for firing him because ofwhat he does in the bathroom. Second I never heard him fart in the original, could you gimme the exact time??? Lastly... Your Source???hellfire9988

It's not what he was doing in the batthroom it's what he was doing in the office. And when one member of staff becomes a heal libaility to the rest of the staff it is the company's obligation to fire him. The fart in the original was around 1:20 in. There was definatley an audible squeak but most of the bubbling was covered up with the audio from the gameplay clip.

Again they cited the audio as a reason for taking down the video. If they had used a proper microphone instead of the built in mic on the camera it probably wouldn't have picked upJeff's gassy explusion. Trust me you'll all see next week. There'll be a Penny Arcade comic about it and everything.

As for my source. Here's my source.

http://fmosaka.net/flap/web2006/archives/karee.jpg

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

[QUOTE="hellfire9988"]First off, he could sue the pants off someone for firing him because ofwhat he does in the bathroom. Second I never heard him fart in the original, could you gimme the exact time??? Lastly... Your Source???Tamashii-sosaku

It's not what he was doing in the batthroom it's what he was doing in the office. And when one member of staff becomes a heal libaility to the rest of the staff it is the company's obligation to fire him. The fart in the original was around 1:20 in. There was definatley an audible squeak but most of the bubbling was covered up with the audio from the gameplay clip.

Again they cited the audio as a reason for taking down the video. If they had used a proper microphone instead of the built in mic on the camera it probably wouldn't have picked upJeff's gassy explusion. Trust me you'll all see next week. There'll be a Penny Arcade comic about it and everything.

As for my source. Here's my source.

http://fmosaka.net/flap/web2006/archives/karee.jpg

do not list spelling or cohesive thoughts to your resume.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

At this point they could just tell us that jeff was really an alien hell bent on invading and conquering earth.

That would be more believable than anything they could say.

Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tamashii-sosaku

do not list spelling or cohesive thoughts to your resume.Danthegamingman

I see 2 spelling mistakes in what I typed. "Health" and "Expulsion". Given that it's almost 3am here in Japan and what I'm typing is lagged to hell I wouldn't say that was so bad. Certainley makes alot more sense than "...list... to your resume" "To" my resume? That's a funny new idiom. Never come across that one before. Oh and that should be big D at the start of that sentence. Not a baby d. Sentences start with capital letters you see. Maybe you're not too cohesive yourself.

Just find it irritating when people get on their pretensious high horse about spelling in a games forum.

canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

Umm, so what has changed from the original video review? From the Hotspot, they said the review was taken down before Jeff was fired because it didnt meet Gamespot's standard....audio quality was poor.....video clips of the game was only taken from the 1st level of the game...etc...

I saw the YouTube video and the newly released version. They looked the same to me..... :roll: Does this mean GS "standard" has been lower?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

So what are the odds they will rehire jeff? Any takers?